Sarah Silverman calls for a military couple to overthrow the president. Do you think that she is serious?

• 171 results
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll: Sarah Silverman calls for a military couple to overthrow the president. Do you think that she is serious? (42 votes)

No, she is just venting like millions of others that aren't happy about the election. 67%
Yes, she would rather the military run the country than Donald Trump. 33%

Link

During the rioting at UC-Berkeley last night in reaction to Milo's Yiannopoulos' planned speech, comedian Sarah Silverman seemingly called for the military to overthrow President Trump in a military coup on Twitter:

A lot of people have shown frustration with Trump's election and celebrities have not been shy about their disapproval of his presidency even before he took office. The day after Trump took office, Madonna stated that she thought about blowing up the White House while speaking at the Women's March.

Do you think that she was seriously calling for the military to remove President Trump from the White House by force? Or do you think that she was just joking around, with her being a comedian and all?

Regardless of if she is serious or not, it seems funny that she would call for a military coup when most of the military identifies as Republican.

• 
iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think shes serious. Weve been hijacked by fascist wannabe dictators and we must resist and fight back. We must have our voices heard louder than ever.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

"Military couple", are we talking about a heterosexual couple or a gay couple? Married? Unmarried? Kids? No kids? Do both have to be in the military or does one's military status extends to the other? I have so many questions.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6401 Posts

A military coup is overkill. Let's just hope she was joking.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

There can't be a military coup because there's no American embassy in the US.

She's dead serious. though. That's exactly what she wants.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34186 Posts

From the interviews I've seen of Sarah Silverman (admittedly not many) she doesn't seem to be all that knowledgeable about politics. So yeah I don't put a lot of stock in her tweets.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3257 Posts

She's a comedian. I wouldn't spend too much time analyzing this.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 7839 Posts

@bmanva said:

"Military couple", are we talking about a heterosexual couple or a gay couple? Married? Unmarried? Kids? No kids? Do both have to be in the military or does one's military status extends to the other? I have so many questions.

Blame my phone's autocorrect for assuming that the word coup doesn't exist when I typed the title.

Any chance a mod can correct the title?

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bmanva

@ad1x2 said:
@bmanva said:

Blame my phone's autocorrect for assuming that the word coup doesn't exist when I typed the title.

Any chance a mod can correct the title?

Nah I prefer the idea a military couple overthrowing the government, preferably a gay couple (cause Pence) dressed up like the sailor (cause Bannon) and biker (cause bikers for Trump) from the village people.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@bmanva: Mwahahahaha!

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

that's kind of fucked up tbh

although i'm sure she's being facetious and cooler heads will prevail, that notion is scary thing to entertain

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bmanva

@supa_badman said:

that's kind of fucked up tbh[hr]although i'm sure she's being facetious and cooler heads will prevail, that notion is scary thing to entertain

I'm sure she's not. Sarah Silverman is one of the biggest hypocrite and is an embodiment of everything people about Hollywood convenient liberals. Not to mention the fact she's inaptly under informed on just about every topics she chooses to tackle.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13681 Posts

Doubtful, her comedy tends to be a sort of shock comedy.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12188 Posts

There are so many things wrong with that idea I don't even know where to begin.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 19862 Posts

@judaspete said:

She still mad for Jimmy Kimmel Leaving her

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5266 Posts

Celebs need to continue expressing their convoluted views as it seems to be helping the Republicans rather than the Democrats who place major stock in these schmucks.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#16 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13833 Posts

It's just a joke. Chill.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 19862 Posts

@Jag85 said:

It's just a joke. Chill.

If you post it in Social Media, and then didn't say that it was a joke, I highly doubt that it really is because Sarah isn't apologizing for it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jag85

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Jag85 said:

It's just a joke. Chill.

If you post it in Social Media, and then didn't say that it was a joke, I highly doubt that it really is because Sarah isn't apologizing for it.

Poe's law.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19322 Posts

lol Silverman is a bad over the hill liberal comedian who still thinks anything she does or say is relevant to anyone beside a few of the most loyal followers.

But she is joking and just trying to create PR for herself.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#20 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

She is an idiot and that is no joke.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17592 Posts

"Madonna stated that she thought about blowing up the White House while speaking at the Women's March."

lol, she really said that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#22 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Live in a bubble where people scream your name, kiss your ass, snap photos of you, and give you praise for earning absurd wages for playing dressup and telling jokes. Continue this for decades, and any one of us would be isolated batshit crazies.....

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jag85

@PSP107 said:

"Madonna stated that she thought about blowing up the White House while speaking at the Women's March."

"Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet W.H. Auden once wrote, on the eve of World War II, we must love one another or die. I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me, we choose love."

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3257 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@judaspete said:

She still mad for Jimmy Kimmel Leaving her

Didn't she leave him for Matt Damon?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17592 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@PSP107 said:

"Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet W.H. Auden once wrote, on the eve of World War II, we must love one another or die. I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me, we choose love."

lol, I googled it which led me to this =(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwJ6brijWM

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 12133 Posts

Yes she's serious and yes she's an idiot.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26780 Posts

I was a supporter of Hillary but I do think we should give the man a chance before we condemn him. A month in office should be sufficient to see his overall direction since he is constantly working. He may have a method to his madness.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N64DD

@AFBrat77: That's refreshing to hear.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26780 Posts

@n64dd:

Haha, I'm trying to be optimistic. I do like that he is calling on stricter controls with immigration despite being a bit too heavy handed, This was a problem I had with fellow Democrats.

I also think he is pissing off other countries because he has decided not to let other countries take advantage of America anymore, that's ok with me. I like his tough military stance but I do feel we may end up in WW3 if he continues to badger Iran and North Korea, who are just nuts enough not to back down. Also, someone's got to get through to him about climate change, but he's too damn intent on those pipelines.

Now if he would just help us veterans like he said and not call for a government hiring freeze.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@AFBrat77: North Korea won't do anything. Iran needs to just be shut down.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 schu
Member since 2003 • 10062 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

I think shes serious. Weve been hijacked by fascist wannabe dictators and we must resist and fight back. We must have our voices heard louder than ever.

We agree here.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

Who cares? She has no power lol.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

All fun and games till the bodies start piling up. And tanks roll down the streets.

America is blessed to not have seen a war on our soil in a very long time. Its so easy to make such bold statements in a safe secured environment. While not fully comprehending how damn hard it is to create a stabilized country, that the people (and international community). Will take seriously and respect.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12977 Posts

She's just another liberal nut job.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

She didn't call for a military take-over

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20055 Posts

She's just being an idiot.

Remember, she made herself look like an ass at the DNC to the Bernie supporters.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20055 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

Dictators take away your guns and regulate everything.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14638 Posts

I think a pot's stirring with all the right ingredients, as never before have I witnessed such deep division within our nation as I have leading up to Trump's election and now. Depending on how far Trump pushes, people are eventually going to push back hard. There's certainly enough passion on both sides to ignite a flame. It also (thankfully) appears that there's those in the House and Senate with actual balls willing to stand up to Trump. Every time I claim this may turn violent, it's always brushed off as hyperbolic nonsense but I think there's a very real chance.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4026 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@n64dd:

Haha, I'm trying to be optimistic. I do like that he is calling on stricter controls with immigration despite being a bit too heavy handed, This was a problem I had with fellow Democrats.

I also think he is pissing off other countries because he has decided not to let other countries take advantage of America anymore, that's ok with me. I like his tough military stance but I do feel we may end up in WW3 if he continues to badger Iran and North Korea, who are just nuts enough not to back down. Also, someone's got to get through to him about climate change, but he's too damn intent on those pipelines.

Now if he would just help us veterans like he said and not call for a government hiring freeze.

I think he's pissing off other countries because he's threatening them...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Ah yes what a winning strategy, so not only can this be seen as a call to action for violence which can be prosecuted on.. But lets also at the same time make my side appear even CRAZIER than the other side.. Does the left even realize how fucking hysterical they look now? Not even Republicans at their worse, when a black democrat was voted into office twice, got this crazy.. What ever happened to objective skepticism? The left has turned into a ideological crusade of snowflakes spewing of lunacy and hypocrisy.. No better example of this was the recent one in which people lost their shit with the temporary ban from seven nations.. That was the straw that broke the camal's back? Not the 10 years of the US bombing those very same country's in which there were numerous civilian causalities? Yeah the left is outraged for banning Yemen, but where the **** is this outrage by arming Saudi Arabia in which in turn was used on the civilian population in Yemen?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think she's been forgetting to take her meds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59d151f079814

@KHAndAnime said:

Remember when the left was saying this about the right after Obama won? Yet after all the hub bub, it didn't lead to mass scale rioting or calls to violence.. In fact I think the most silly and controversial thing outside the birther nonsense was Texas possibly seceding..

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 15314 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Remember when the left was saying this about the right after Obama won? Yet after all the hub bub, it didn't lead to mass scale rioting or calls to violence.. In fact I think the most silly and controversial thing outside the birther nonsense was Texas possibly seceding..

To be fair, this is a large difference between Trump and Obama.

For starters, Obama's approval rating was actually pretty high at this point. Trump's approval rating is already in the negatives. Trump is an extremely divisive candidate, Marco Rubio or John Kasich would have lead to some disappointment, but I doubt anything that would rile up the populace like this.

Edit: And the outrage over bombing Yemen is there. Not in the mainstream, but there have been plenty of protests from the left about that. Which is one reason you see plenty of liberals and progressives kinda dislike Obama.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Maroxad said:

For starters, Obama's approval rating was actually pretty high at this point. Trump's approval rating is already in the negatives.

If you look at Rasmussen, Trump's approval rating is relatively high right now. And considering Rasmussen was one of the more accurate polls this election (predicted Trump actually having a chance), I'll trust Rasmussen.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Maroxad

@KHAndAnime said:
@Maroxad said:

For starters, Obama's approval rating was actually pretty high at this point. Trump's approval rating is already in the negatives.

If you look at Rasmussen, Trump's approval rating is relatively high right now. And considering Rasmussen was one of the more accurate polls this election (predicted Trump actually having a chance), I'll trust Rasmussen.

• 51% approval, 49% disapproval, 0% unsure(?)
  • Relatively high

Even if you cherrypick the most favorable one, that is still quite a bit below what most other presidents have at this point in time.

Edit: Whether you like it or not. Trump has left a terrible first impression. He can definately improve overtime. But its pretty clear he has a lot of work to do in order to win the hearts of the american population. Either he could find a way to unify the party or he could show that his policies work much better than people had anticipated.

George W. Bush actually had a 90% approval rating at one point.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44821 Posts

Pretty much every active serving military member I know is a libertarian.

They know how poorly the government works because they are part of the biggest part of it lol.

It's also one of the few things that keeps me warm at night, the thought that our military is not a bunch of mindless drones, but a bunch of individuals who are more likely than not to despise the government before unconditionally obeying it. I mean I am sure they are loyal and will follow orders like good soldiers, but I think they have The People's backs more so than they have The President's.

Except for people in the navy; for some reason those guys are generally Republican. I think that's more just tradition though.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8177 Posts

There are too many sheeple in this country, that's not something to joke about, come on America, we better then that.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#48 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts

I think she's half-serious and half-joking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Maroxad said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@KHAndAnime said:

For starters, Obama's approval rating was actually pretty high at this point. Trump's approval rating is already in the negatives. Trump is an extremely divisive candidate, Marco Rubio or John Kasich would have lead to some disappointment, but I doubt anything that would rile up the populace like this.

Edit: And the outrage over bombing Yemen is there. Not in the mainstream, but there have been plenty of protests from the left about that. Which is one reason you see plenty of liberals and progressives kinda dislike Obama.

Obama left office with high ratings, this just simply isn't true.. The outrage wasn't there, and the mainstream liberal culture is one of hypocrisy and outrage.. We have the media and many liberals claiming that President Obama is going to go into history as one of the best presidents ever.. I am not seeing the "plenty of liberals and progressives" disliking Obama.. This isn't defending the right, because they are very much of the same, they just have never taken it to the levels of lunacy the Left has turned into over these past 4 to 5 years.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Maroxad

@sSubZerOo said:

Obama left office with high ratings, this just simply isn't true.. The outrage wasn't there, and the mainstream liberal culture is one of hypocrisy and outrage.. We have the media and many liberals claiming that President Obama is going to go into history as one of the best presidents ever.. I am not seeing the "plenty of liberals and progressives" disliking Obama.. This isn't defending the right, because they are very much of the same, they just have never taken it to the levels of lunacy the Left has turned into over these past 4 to 5 years.

Perhaps you must not have been looking hard enough then. Hell even on this site, even the left leaning people generally say he was a average-good president.

Those high approval ratings near the end has to do with him leaving on a high note and well, seeing both of his potential successors made him look really good.