Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

https://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw04je7To?oc=wa

Not only were the trolls supporting Donald Trump's election bid, but they were clearly attempting to inflame racial tensions in the U.S. They targeted their ads differently to different racial groups, attempting to cause racial fissures not only between whites and minorities, but between different minority groups. Guess this puts the final nail in the coffin of the Republican theory that trolling was non-partisan.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

There really wouldn't be a point of a foreign government interfering in elections in a non-partisan way. It's kind of a joke that this sort of thing needs to be proven in the first place. It's an even bigger joke that the people who need to believe it (the people who bought the propaganda) will refuse to.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@theone86 said:

Not only were the trolls supporting Donald Trump's election bid, but they were clearly attempting to inflame racial tensions in the U.S. They targeted their ads differently to different racial groups, attempting to cause racial fissures not only between whites and minorities, but between different minority groups. Guess this puts the final nail in the coffin of the Republican theory that trolling was non-partisan.

LOL fun link.

But good for the trolls and I am sure they will live forever happy and get little troll babies to continue their trolling.

Also, you really think the internet only has one-sided trolls? in case that is something you really believe, i have a phone number for you to call, since you won an IRS Grant for 11.000$

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Not surprised. Most of the pro-Trump comments on Twitter these days are from obvious bots. You can see them in replies to Trump’s tweets.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

LOL fun link.

But good for the trolls and I am sure they will live forever happy and get little troll babies to continue their trolling.

Also, you really think the internet only has one-sided trolls? in case that is something you really believe, i have a phone number for you to call, since you won an IRS Grant for 11.000$

I think you are missing the story for the label.

why where they trolling and what effect where they trying to get, and how does other people being trolls make it any better? because it doesnt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I think it was fairly clear that the russians were opposed to hillary clinton.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

LOL fun link.

why where they trolling and what effect where they trying to get, and how does other people being trolls make it any better? because it doesnt.

So let me get this

Are you asking "why there are trolls on the internet?" and why Trolls are trolls?

LOL either you are trolling or .......

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

LOL fun link.

So let me get this

Are you asking "why there are trolls on the internet?" and why Trolls are trolls?

nope that is not what I asked and I was pretty clear and you know what I was asking and you even know the answer, you just choose to ignore it

the hint to my question is in the 4 sentences that were posted

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacanuk
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

LOL fun link.

So let me get this

nope that is not what I asked and I was pretty clear and you know what I was asking and you even know the answer, you just choose to ignore it

No clue what you are talking about.

But let´s be clear, trolls are trolls and it´s not a new thing.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

LOL fun link.

So let me get this

because you didnt read the orginal unsurprisingly

I bolded it for you below:

why were they (the specific trolls in question not all trolls) trolling?

answer: were clearly attempting to inflame racial tensions in the U.S.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

But lets be clear, all major IC organizations, Senate, and Congress disagree with you.

They weren't random trolls. This WAS new. They were organized with a very specific goal (Help Trump and create division), running in special buildings, and funded by Russia. Several of the owners of these troll farms (which employed 1000s) were indicted by Mueller. These trolls reached 100's of millions of Americans. Many in Swing States. There has never been such a hostile outside influence in an America election to this degree before. All past and present IC heads disagree with "Just Trolls being Trolls".

Pretending like it's a "nothing burger" was so 2017. Even Republican politicians have stopped doing that. Get with the times, bro.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

Foreign countries trolling to influence our election should make EVERY American disgusted. Not an apologist.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TryIt
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

Foreign countries trolling to influence our election should make EVERY American disgusted. Not an apologist.

and actively engaged in creating racial tensions in the country.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theone86
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

LOL fun link.

So let me get this

So you're basically ignoring the content of the story, got it. This wasn't some angry dude in his pajamas, this was a coordinated government effort to exploit mined data and target political rhetoric at groups and individuals in order to change the outcome of an election.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

But lets be clear, all major IC organizations, Senate, and Congress disagree with you.

They weren't random trolls. This WAS new. They were organized with a very specific goal (Help Trump and create division), running in special buildings, and funded by Russia. Several of the owners of these troll farms (which employed 1000s) were indicted by Mueller. These trolls reached 100's of millions of Americans. Many in Swing States. There has never been such a hostile outside influence in an America election to this degree before. All past and present IC heads disagree with "Just Trolls being Trolls".

Pretending like it's a "nothing burger" was so 2017. Even Republican politicians have stopped doing that. Get with the times, bro.

So let´s be clear, All major IC org. Senate (where most are so old they can remember when the telegraph was the new thing) and Congress can´t do anything against the Internet. And you know this.

And no they weren´t random trolls, they were people who trolled on the internet like they always have.

The only reason why you and a bunch of old people suddenly think its a big problem is because your sure thing lost an election.

But it´s like with Mueller , nothing comes out of it despite you being so cocky a year ago.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

The only reason why you and a bunch of old people suddenly think its a big problem is because your sure thing lost an election.

1. The agencies and IC Cheifs saying it still is and was "suddenly" huge problem were not Democrats or Hillary voters. Many of these Chiefs were (R).

Senate and Congress had bipartisan agreement on this.

I'm not a Democrat and did not vote for Hillary.

The "old" people at Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. agreed with them.

This is no longer a bipartisan issue oustide of Britebart or Infowars, you're living in early 2017.

2. It is suddenly a big problem. We never had something of that scope happen to us before....this is a fact and not up for debate.

Think before you shit post alternative facts.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

they were people who trolled on the internet like they always have.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is what we are saying, this is NOT THE SAME AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

they were people who trolled on the internet like they always have.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is what we are saying, this is NOT THE SAME AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE

Don't you remember back in 2004 when Russia hired 10000's of troll to run in specialized farms to target millions of voters in swing states?

Neither do I.

Jackanuk, lay off the Infowars.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

@tryit: Of course not lol

And were you always this naive or did it happen after Trump won the election?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

So let´s be clear, All major IC org. Senate (where most are so old they can remember when the telegraph was the new thing) and Congress can´t do anything against the Internet. And you know this.

And no they weren´t random trolls, they were people who trolled on the internet like they always have.

But it´s like with Mueller , nothing comes out of it despite you being so cocky a year ago.

Drop the "did it happen or not" part here for a moment.

Does this concept not worry you at all?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Huh? Quote my posts saying Mueller would have found something on Trump after a year, or that Trump specifically was even guilty of anything. If you don't produce such a quote, you're trash.

Objectively speaking, several indictments and a few guilty pleas have come out of the investigation. We did end up finding more about these Russia Troll farms. So you just lied in saying "nothing".

You're lying more than usual today, and it's bad.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

But let's consider we are talking about the internet, and knowing that you are from a generation who grew up with it, do you really worry about it?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:

@tryit: Of course not lol

And were you always this naive or did it happen after Trump won the election?

let me take a guess.

you think racial tensions in this country have NOT been highest lately, that it was actually worse while Obama was president and before the election cycle.

there is a reason those tensions are what they are now...the reason is specific.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

No, but these organized/kremlin backed Russian Trolls do.

As they worry the IC, DoJ, Congress, and Senate.....

What's your point in this?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

But let's consider we are talking about the internet, and knowing that you are from a generation who grew up with it, do you really worry about it?

Misinformation is worrisome. I know some of the things that have spread from that site, like iOS8 will enable you to charge your iPhone in your microwave. That is mostly harmless. Sucks for whoever is tricked, but those are probably few in the bigger picture.

Spreading misinformation deliberately to affect democratic processes. Yes that is worrisome in my opinion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

Misinformation is worrisome. I know some of the things that have spread from that site, like iOS8 will enable you to charge your iPhone in your microwave. That is mostly harmless. Sucks for whoever is tricked, but those are probably few in the bigger picture.

Spreading misinformation deliberately to affect democratic processes. Yes that is worrisome in my opinion.

Well, the trouble with misinformation is that it takes a naive person to believe them.

So the real problem is not the internet but people being naive and believing the "misinformation"

It´s like with the Niger letters, or the love scams. You can try to block them but they will always find a way around it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

Do you really think someone, who does not even understand Facebook and during a hearing could not spot a lie if it jumped up and bit them in the nose and yelled out loud "it´s a lie", opinion is valid?

But i was responding to Horgen not you, so perhaps read the whole context.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

Man you do some mental gymnastics to avoid responding. Had the troll farms generated votes for Clinton I doubt you'd be here saying they are harmless. Be an American first and Republican second for once in your life.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

Do you really think someone, who does not even understand Facebook and during a hearing could not spot a lie if it jumped up and bit them in the nose and yelled out loud "it´s a lie", opinion is valid?

The hearings were live on C-SPAN. Both in November 2017 and recently. You're invited to tell me what he stated that was wrong, with citation, in regards do the existence and nature of these Troll farms. Mueller's indictments on these Troll Farms are also publically available, you are invited to tell me what is incorrect in those as well.

Until then, this is a conspiracy theory. The DOJ, CIA, FBI, NSA, DHS, Congress, and Senate have your number on this "debate", which has been over for a long time now.

You lost. Get over it. Russian interference was/is real and is being taken very seriously. Downplaying it on a internet forum is so 2017, it's too late.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Well, the trouble with misinformation is that it takes a naive person to believe them.

So the real problem is not the internet but people being naive and believing the "misinformation"

It´s like with the Niger letters, or the love scams. You can try to block them but they will always find a way around it.

Given your other responses I don't think you really care at all. Look below for an example... Anyhow verifying what is true information and misinformation in an election year isn't the easiest part I bet. If the information you get already somewhat supports your belief, you're less likely to check how true it is.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Man you do some mental gymnastics to avoid responding. Had the troll farms generated votes for Clinton I doubt you'd be here saying they are harmless. Be an American first and Republican second for once in your life.

Don't forget this response:

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Gamespot anno 2018

"Anything republican is bad and everything democrat is good."

But come on TS it´s like you don´t even try anymore. :D

You don't think they are going too far?

Not really, if it gets votes then all good.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

The hearings were live on C-SPAN. Both in November 2017 and recently. You're invited to tell me what he stated that was wrong, with citation, in regards do the existence and nature of these Troll farms. Mueller's indictments on these Troll Farms are also publically available, you are invited to tell me what is incorrect in those as well.

Until then, this is a conspiracy theory. The DOJ, CIA, FBI, NSA, DHS, Congress, and Senate have your number on this "debate", which has been over for a long time now.

You lost. Get over it. Russian interference was/is real and is being taken very seriously. Downplaying it on a internet forum is so 2017, it's too late.

Lost what?

And you can just go look up Mr.Data´s answer to if Facebook stores data and how much, considering that the EU has imposed strict laws as to Facebook because of this.

Love that you write it has "interference" since you have zero proof that anything that happened on facebook or twitter actually ended up moving any votes. And good luck in trying to stop trolls on the internet.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Given your other responses I don't think you really care at all. Look below for an example... Anyhow verifying what is true information and misinformation in an election year isn't the easiest part I bet. If the information you get already somewhat supports your belief, you're less likely to check how true it is.

You are correct, i do not care about this "misinformation"

Especially not when it´s pointless and nothing anyone can do would be able to stop it.

Unless you are for limiting freedom of expression a fundamental right in any democracy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Especially not when it´s pointless and nothing anyone can do would be able to stop it.

Unless you are for limiting freedom of expression a fundamental right in any democracy.

Limiting foreign interference is not a limiting fundamental rights.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Limiting foreign interference is not a limiting fundamental rights.

How would you limit "foreign interference" ?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

While limiting it is difficult, I guess a countermeasure would be some official statement about the problem. Urging people to gather additional information, be critical. Better yet, debunk one or two "facts" from either side.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Honestly if the best thing they can hang thier hat on is fake facebook posts then it kind of proves the Russia thing is not that big of a deal.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 horgen  Moderator

@DaBrainz said:

Honestly if the best thing they can hang thier hat on is fake facebook posts then it kind of proves the Russia thing is not that big of a deal.

Redddit r/thedonald I think has been mentioned as well.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theone86
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

That's absolutely not true. Read Confidence Game and you'll see how smart people can be tricked by swindlers. That goes double when the swindler has a treasure trove of the mark's personal data at his disposal and when he's not one person but a coordinated team of professionals run by a national government.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jacanuk
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

That's absolutely not true. Read Confidence Game and you'll see how smart people can be tricked by swindlers. That goes double when the swindler has a treasure trove of the mark's personal data at his disposal and when he's not one person but a coordinated team of professionals run by a national government.

Did you see I used naive and not "dumb"

Being "smart" does not mean you are immune to being naive.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Love that you write it has "interference" since you have zero proof that anything that happened on facebook or twitter actually ended up moving any votes. And good luck in trying to stop trolls on the internet.

No proof? Dude, please stop stating blatant lies. This is no longer a debate in the real world. The facts are out there.

Russian meddling is confirmed. It is no longer a question. This has been stated by the CIA, DHS, FBI, NSA, Senate, Congress, and Mueller.

2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/12/2017-lie-year-russian-election-interference-made-s/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/mcmaster-proof-of-russian-meddling-incontrovertible.html

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01-05/watch-live-senate-hearing-russian-hacking-and-us-cybersecurity

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/30/heres-what-we-actually-know-about-russian-election-interference/?utm_term=.7f8cce6972ce

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/politics/intelligence-chiefs-russia-2018-elections-target/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-troll-farm-13-suspects-indicted-for-interference-in-us-election/2018/02/16/2504de5e-1342-11e8-9570-29c9830535e5_story.html

Meanwhile you will not be able to provide valid counter-citation. You lost, you have nothing.

I can't believe we are still having this conversation in 2018. You're like the last person on earth who is latching on to the conspiracy theory that Russia did not meddle.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theone86
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Does 4Chan worry you?

Then most of the world is naive, because even people who are generally immune to scams can and are taken in by scams. And I think being taken in by expertly applied propaganda tailor made for you from your own online data is a bit less than naive. Propaganda is, pretty much by definition, manipulating human psychology to achieve desired results. Being manipulated in this way doesn't make you naive, it makes you human. But by all means, go ahead and keep blaming the victims here.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TryIt
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Then most of the world is naive, because even people who are generally immune to scams can and are taken in by scams. And I think being taken in by expertly applied propaganda tailor made for you from your own online data is a bit less than naive. Propaganda is, pretty much by definition, manipulating human psychology to achieve desired results. Being manipulated in this way doesn't make you naive, it makes you human. But by all means, go ahead and keep blaming the victims here.

reminds of this quote

'its easier to scam someone then it is to convince them they are being scammed'

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

You do know that we are talking about online trolls, not secret KGB agents expertly trained in psychology and who have worked years on an individual right?

But yes I know "smart" people can be taken by scams, but these are usually well thought-out and entails someone with charisma and a natural gift. Afterall there is a reason why the world has used car salesmen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Did they oppose black lives matter? I thought they posed as black lives matter and tried to say some incredibly inflammatory shit to further sew racial divide.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

You do know that we are talking about online trolls, not secret KGB agents expertly trained in psychology and who have worked years on an individual right?

But yes I know "smart" people can be taken by scams, but these are usually well thought-out and entails someone with charisma and a natural gift. Afterall there is a reason why the world has used car salesmen.

Trolls yes

The Russian effort involved overt activities by government agencies, state-backed media, and paid internet “trolls,” as well as covert operations, including illicit cyber activities conducted by intelligence agents.

The Russian government used state-funded media outlets, including the website and radio broadcaster Sputnik and television network Russia Today (RT), to disadvantage the Clinton presidential campaign, the 2017 U.S. intelligence report said. RT’s portrayal of Clinton during the run-up to the election, it found, “was consistently negative and focused on her leaked emails and accused her of corruption, poor physical and mental health, and ties to Islamic extremism.” Both Sputnik and RT produce media in several languages, including English, for international audiences.

Russia also took its influence campaign to highly traffickedsocial media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. A Russian entity with links to the Kremlin known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA) is reported to have hired hundreds of “trolls” to post false news stories and socially divisive content on these and other platforms. Facebook, for instance, said the IRA posted content that reached more than 140 million of its users.

The U.S. special counsel’s indictment alleged that a collection of Russian individuals and companies tied to the IRA waged a well-resourced campaign of “information warfare” against the United States beginning in 2014. The objective was “to sow discord in the U.S. political system,” including through operations to denigrate Clinton and favor Trump. Operating covertly and unlawfully, the Russian defendants ran social media accounts, bought political advertisements, and staged political rallies in the United States, prosecutors say. The conspiracy was allegedly part of a broader campaign known as Project Lakhta that targeted audiences in Russia and around the world.

Meanwhile, U.S. authorities say Russian agents hacked into computer systems associated with both major U.S. political parties. They are believed to have stolen thousands of emails from leading Democratic Party figures in early 2016 and leaked them online weeks ahead of the party’s national convention in July. Russian military intelligence “used the Guccifer 2.0 persona, DCLeaks.com, and WikiLeaks to release U.S. victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly,” U.S. intelligence agencies said in the January 2017 report. The leaked documents contained correspondence described by the Washington Post as “an embarrassing look at Democratic Party operations.”

Actually, I think this debate shows just how successful the Russian interference was.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Trolls yes

The Russian effort involved overt activities by government agencies, state-backed media, and paid internet “trolls,” as well as covert operations, including illicit cyber activities conducted by intelligence agents.

The Russian government used state-funded media outlets, including the website and radio broadcaster Sputnik and television network Russia Today (RT), to disadvantage the Clinton presidential campaign, the 2017 U.S. intelligence report said. RT’s portrayal of Clinton during the run-up to the election, it found, “was consistently negative and focused on her leaked emails and accused her of corruption, poor physical and mental health, and ties to Islamic extremism.” Both Sputnik and RT produce media in several languages, including English, for international audiences.

Russia also took its influence campaign to highly traffickedsocial media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. A Russian entity with links to the Kremlin known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA) is reported to have hired hundreds of “trolls” to post false news stories and socially divisive content on these and other platforms. Facebook, for instance, said the IRA posted content that reached more than 140 million of its users.

The U.S. special counsel’s indictment alleged that a collection of Russian individuals and companies tied to the IRA waged a well-resourced campaign of “information warfare” against the United States beginning in 2014. The objective was “to sow discord in the U.S. political system,” including through operations to denigrate Clinton and favor Trump. Operating covertly and unlawfully, the Russian defendants ran social media accounts, bought political advertisements, and staged political rallies in the United States, prosecutors say. The conspiracy was allegedly part of a broader campaign known as Project Lakhta that targeted audiences in Russia and around the world.

Meanwhile, U.S. authorities say Russian agents hacked into computer systems associated with both major U.S. political parties. They are believed to have stolen thousands of emails from leading Democratic Party figures in early 2016 and leaked them online weeks ahead of the party’s national convention in July. Russian military intelligence “used the Guccifer 2.0 persona, DCLeaks.com, and WikiLeaks to release U.S. victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly,” U.S. intelligence agencies said in the January 2017 report. The leaked documents contained correspondence described by the Washington Post as “an embarrassing look at Democratic Party operations.”

Actually, I think this debate shows just how successful the Russian interference was.

In what way?

I know Zaryia keeps claiming to have "proof" of votes being moved, but despite all the links he/she posts there has yet to have been one single credible ironclad evidence of that. You can speculate and that is all they do.

Again the reason why this "issue" has blown up to be something big is that the Democrats lost to Trump, And you know how liberals do not like when they are wrong.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

In what way?

I know Zaryia keeps claiming to have "proof" of votes being moved, but despite all the links he/she posts there has yet to have been one single credible ironclad evidence of that. You can speculate and that is all they do.

Again the reason why this "issue" has blown up to be something big is that the Democrats lost to Trump, And you know how liberals do not like when they are wrong.

Splitting people, arguing over the smaller things.

I don't know if any votes have been moved, the effect of the attempted influence is as far as I know not determined yet. However I find it weird that you so easily brush off an foreign nation's attempt to influence the US election.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

In what way?

I don't know if any votes have been moved, the effect of the attempted influence is as far as I know not determined yet. However I find it weird that you so easily brush off an foreign nation's attempt to influence the US election.

I find it sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

In what way?

Well truth be told, the US had it coming. Our foreign policy has been absolutely reprehensible in south america and the middle east. People on the left whine about foreign interference, yet they had no problem when the US government was sewing discord in other foreign countries.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#50 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

I see a lot of people around here are still suffering the post election Trump syndrome, must be really sad living your lives dedicating yourself to hating someone whom you have never seen besides from the other side of a screen monitor, so much that you can't even accept that he won the 2016 election fair and square.