Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

That only includes two confirmed ad accounts' spending, on the Google ad platform alone. Why the misleading title?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

LOL apologists at it again..........

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

On Google only? What about other places?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@horgen: There’s other places?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@horgen: There’s other places?

Yahoo search?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@Vaasman said:

That only includes two confirmed ad accounts' spending, on the Google ad platform alone. Why the misleading title?

i think we know why.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@Vaasman: You know why he has a misleading title...

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

That's a really good return on investment.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SUD123456

@mjk_1 said:
@SUD123456 said:

That's a really good return on investment.

lol I think I personally have enough to control the next US election, must be nerve-racking.

I know. Think of what the Democrats or Republicans could do if they had a whole million dollars.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

It’s not the Russians fault Americans a retarded and easily deceived ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

This russia smear campaign is a disgrace for america. The real embarrasment , cant believe its going to gon for 6 more years.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@Ratchet_Fan8: What makes you think that republicans or Trump are going to win the next election?

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

So you're just going to gloss over the 30 million dollars worth of ads run by the NRA for Trump with money that came from Alexander Torshin?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@mjk_1, @SUD123456 , @Damedius :

They didn't only spend $4700 to attempt to "steal the election", which your thread vaguely alludes to. That was just on Google Advertisements.

1. They also spent millions on the Troll farms, which reached quite a bit of more people than those Advertisements (over 100 million people). These specifically targeted swing states as well.

2. They also spent money on Twitter and Facebook.

3. They spent money on the Russians Intelligence and Military Officers who were responsible for hacking the DNC.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/396892-mueller-indicts-12-russians-in-2016-dnc-hack

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-troll-farm-spent-millions-on-election-interference-2018-2

"By September 2016, the IRA had a monthly budget of more than $1.25 million to carry out its influence campaign."

But yeah, the OP won't ever concede to those facts. Why he's being so wishy washy and deceptive on Russia trying to screw with our elections is beyond me. Weren't Republicans supposed to be the tough guys, and not the cucks?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

WTF LOL

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I saw that guy as well. Kinda made my day.

@warmblur said:

WTF LOL

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia

lmao GOP made fools of themselves in this hearing, just like how the OP did,

5:20, lmao wtf!???

Loading Video...

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SUD123456

@zaryia: First get a sense of humor. Second, there are two components to this issue...namely foreign meddling and the amount of money and effect thereof. Third, any amount of foreign meddling is bad as a matter of principle. Fourth, the total sum spent by foreign meddling is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to US domestic spending on elections. Fifth, why should anyone believe that this had any material effect compared to the $2.4 billion spent on the Presidential election and over $6 Billion spent on the overall election?

And last, we are bombarded by advertising everyday. A trivial amount of foreign meddling cannot possibly cut through the noise. All it can do is play to already existing beliefs for a tiny number of people that might be exposed to it and only then if they actually notice it.

So, it shouldn't be allowed and it should be investigated but let's not pretend that it had any effect. Other than the effect that was intended....for the US to rip itself apart. This is the point of disinformation campaigns like this. Spend a little money, work both sides, get 'caught', and watch the US flail about.....presto.....about a 10,000 to 1 return on investment. Surely you understand that Putin learned this from the KGB days?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia
@SUD123456 said:

@zaryia: First get a sense of humor. Second, there are two components to this issue...namely foreign meddling and the amount of money and effect thereof. Third, any amount of foreign meddling is bad as a matter of principle. Fourth, the total sum spent by foreign meddling is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to US domestic spending on elections. Fifth, why should anyone believe that this had any material effect compared to the $2.4 billion spent on the Presidential election and over $6 Billion spent on the overall election?

And last, we are bombarded by advertising everyday. A trivial amount of foreign meddling cannot possibly cut through the noise. All it can do is play to already existing beliefs for a tiny number of people that might be exposed to it and only then if they actually notice it.

So, it shouldn't be allowed and it should be investigated but let's not pretend that it had any effect. Other than the effect that was intended....for the US to rip itself apart. This is the point of disinformation campaigns like this. Spend a little money, work both sides, get 'caught', and watch the US flail about.....presto.....about a 10,000 to 1 return on investment. Surely you understand that Putin learned this from the KGB days?

Sorry, I was MOSTLY replying to the TC @Damedius (conveniently MIA) not you. I just wanted to make sure you and MJK knew what the real figures were. His title was extremely mis-leading, and the youtube title was a downright lie. They spent several millions to "try" to influence the election through interference/meddling, not just $4700. I mostly wanted to just fact check and/or clarify this specific position. But you also have to understand several conservatives at several sites, including this one, denied interference even happened at all for years. I have no clue why the GOP and Conservatives are constantly lying or mis-leading about this particular issue.

And I agree on what most of what you said. But, advertisements and trolls reaching 100s of millions of people (especially in SWING STATES, as they targeted) and the DNC Hacks (which reached millions) probably did at least have SOME effect. And in an election that close, it gets pretty important.The thing is, like you alluded to, we will never know if it was enough to actually change the outcome of the election. It could have been meaningless or it could have just barely swayed enough swing States. My guess is It probably didn't make or break the election, but it's still super bad and has to be stopped.

But the fact that they did try to interfere was a big no-no. I completely agree, we can't let it just slide or downplay the facts (like some in the GOP and conservative such as the TC are doing).

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Honestly, is it possible to get Damedius to stop posting threads? He's like Trump, constantly lying by posting fake news.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

@zaryia said:

Sorry, I was MOSTLY replying to the TC @Damedius (conveniently MIA) not you. I just wanted to make sure you and MJK knew what the real figures were. His title was extremely mis-leading, and the youtube title was a downright lie. They spent several millions to "try" to influence the election through interference/meddling, not just $4700. I mostly wanted to just fact check and/or clarify this specific position. But you also have to understand several conservatives at several sites, including this one, denied interference even happened at all for years. I have no clue why the GOP and Conservatives are constantly lying or mis-leading about this particular issue.

And I agree on what most of what you said. But, advertisements and trolls reaching 100s of millions of people (especially in SWING STATES, as they targeted) and the DNC Hacks (which reached millions) probably did at least have SOME effect. And in an election that close, it gets pretty important.The thing is, like you alluded to, we will never know if it was enough to actually change the outcome of the election. It could have been meaningless or it could have just barely swayed enough swing States. My guess is It probably didn't make or break the election, but it's still super bad and has to be stopped.

But the fact that they did try to interfere was a big no-no. I completely agree, we can't let it just slide or downplay the facts (like some in the GOP and conservative such as the TC are doing).

I think you are ignoring the Elephant in the room when it comes to interfering with the US government. If you really care about election interference.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/21/aipac-israel-lobby-election-2016/

This week, the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee will hold its annual policy conference, and attendees will be hearing from some of the biggest names in politics. Every remaining presidential nominee except for Bernie Sanders will address the crowd, as will Vice President Joe Biden, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. Essentially, anyone who wields power or wants to wield power in Washington will be there.

AIPAC and the “Israel Lobby” in general—a loosely connected group of lobbyists, politicians, and Political Action Committees dedicated to strengthening America’s connection with the Jewish state and advocating for support of Israel in international relations—can be a bit of a political land mine. When criticizing the actions and policies of the State of Israel, it is easy to step into territory that many would deem anti-Semitic.

But it is impossible to ignore the fact that AIPAC, the biggest, most powerful group in the Israel Lobby, has got serious juice when it comes to Washington politicking. The group has one of the most sophisticated lobbying efforts around, including a highly professional set of lobbyists on the Hill who know how to get congressman to vote their way when it comes to issues affecting Israel. They also have representatives throughout the country who can lobby congressman from their home districts.

In 2015, a total of $4,189,000 was spent on Pro-Israel lobbying. AIPAC accounted for $3,388,700 of that.

It is important to note that AIPAC does not directly contribute to candidates, nor does it give money to PACs supporting candidates. They don’t explicitly endorse candidates for the presidency or for lower offices. What they can do, though, is use their influence to get their donors to give to candidates and PACs that will be favorable to Israel and to AIPAC.

Already in the 2016 campaign cycle, $7,168,396 has been donated to federal campaigns by Pro-Israel individuals and PACs, according to data from Open Secrets. In the 2012 cycle, a total of $15,102,201 was donated to such groups.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaryia
@Damedius said:
@zaryia said:

I think you are ignoring the Elephant in the room when it comes to interfering with the US government. If you really care about election interference.

That's a different topic, not an elephant in the room.

But I agree with you, that is an issue too in some regards.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Damedius

wow! even Trump stoled a ton more from his own inauguration filled with people from Russia then that...Russia is lame they need to step up their game.