Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36961 Posts

@comeonman said:
@comp_atkins said:
@comeonman said:

Rest in peace Mr. Limbaugh.

For better or ill, you certainly left your mark on this world.

i thought we agreed no weight jokes

Nice attempt, but I can only give you 7/10.

Now if I had said he left his impression on the world, then you'd get 10/10.

i'll take it

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2952 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:

Lol what a typical leftist response. They don't share my worldview therefore I must hate them!

I don't understand why what I said should be considered "leftist". As I said, everyone should hate him. I'd consider that a very moderate thing to say. Limbaugh was bad for Americans. All Americans.

Lol if you consider that moderate I don't what to tell you. I'm not a fan of many people on the far left politicians and commentators etc but I don't wish they rot in hell.

He did a great job at antagonizing some of the worst people as far as I'm concerned, so in my book he's ok.

Fair enough, I just can't think of his leftist equivalent. Could you give me some examples?

He doesn't have a single equivalent because there are so many far left commentators it's hard for any to stand out. Michael Moore would be the first that comes to mind though.

The Left launched Air America with Al Franken and Rachel Madoff. It lasted from September 2006 to May 2009 before going bankrupt. They could not compete with Rush Limbaugh. There is the proof is in the pudding what people think and like.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49292 Posts

@JimB said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:

Lol if you consider that moderate I don't what to tell you. I'm not a fan of many people on the far left politicians and commentators etc but I don't wish they rot in hell.

He did a great job at antagonizing some of the worst people as far as I'm concerned, so in my book he's ok.

Fair enough, I just can't think of his leftist equivalent. Could you give me some examples?

He doesn't have a single equivalent because there are so many far left commentators it's hard for any to stand out. Michael Moore would be the first that comes to mind though.

The Left launched Air America with Al Franken and Rachel Madoff. It lasted from September 2006 to May 2009 before going bankrupt. They could not compete with Rush Limbaugh. There is the proof is in the pudding what people think and like.

Or maybe there aren't really any radicals on the left like there are on the right? They were trying to go after an audience that doesn't exist.

I mean Michael Moore was listed by someone as an example of leftist extremism and one of his more recent films actually attacks the whole green movement.

Extremists on the right? They generally say things like democrats are communists, muslims should be banned from political office (if not banned from the country), tend to be bigoted white nationalists, and so on.

Sorry guys, I don't want to point fingers or anything, but hands down the extremists are all on the right. There's a reason the FBI, one of the most conservative government agencies out there, is concerned with terrorism from the right, and are comfortable letting local law enforcement handle the occasionally rowdy protest from the left.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 547 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@JimB said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Or maybe there aren't really any radicals on the left like there are on the right? They were trying to go after an audience that doesn't exist.

I mean Michael Moore was listed by someone as and example of leftist extremism and one of his more recent films actually attacks the whole green movement.

Extremists on the right? They generally say things like democrats are communists, muslims should be banned from political office (if not banned from the country), tend to be bigoted white nationalists, and so on.

Sorry guys, I don't want to point fingers or anything, but hands down the extremists are all on the right.

I'm sorry that is absolute nonsense. Michael Moore for an example labeled people who voted for Trump as "Legal terrorist ". You have far left groups like Antifa that sport the Russian hammer and sickle on their flags and posters as they burn down cites and demand an end to capitalism. Not sure how many separate city blocks they need to take over( like in Seattle) or endless protest( See Portland) need to happen before you acknowledge they exist. Are the extreme right more likely to be on talk radio? Absolutely. But those on the extreme left could care less about radio when they can make movies and have their own TV shows. Radio is a dying industry and the extreme left is a younger audience.

If you honestly feel there are no extremists on the left it may because the extreme ideas now seem reasonable to you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mrbojangles25

@silentchief: what entire cities have burnt down? who is hurt by seeing a hammer and sickle on a banner? what do we lose by discussing the negatives of capitalism?

I fully acknowledge the protests that are ongoing in the US (pretty sure I said so in my previous post) but it's not terrorism. I don't like it any more than you do and that short-lived CHAD zone or whatever they called it was dumb, but it wasn't inherently hostile. They didn't make it and kick out all the white people and Christians or whatever folks on the right think folks on the left dislike.

And yes, Michael Moore said that and it is terrible, but I don't see thousands or even millions of people rallying behind him in support. Do you know why? Because, just like Air America in @JimB's example, there is no audience for that nonsense like there is on the right.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silentchief

@mrbojangles25: An entire city needs to burn down for it to be relevant? And you missed the point about the hammer and sickle. The fact is you lose credibility if you deny the fact that a large portion of the extreme left support communism. People see that and call them commies since they are wearing the symbol with pride. The same reason the left causes right wing extremist Nazi's if they wear Nazi symbols.

And Chaz wasn't inherently hostile? Tell that to the two people that died. They blocked off an area and blocked anyone out who didn't think as they did. They had a series of rules and demands that were between extreme and complete lunacy.

Again the audience on the extreme left exist they just spend there time on the streets instead of listening to talk radio. And they have no reason to rally behind one person when the vast majority of the MSM and media will gladly support their causes.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124898 Posts

@silentchief: How large is the extreme left in US?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mrbojangles25

@silentchief: Pretty much everyone I know in my life is a progressive or at least left-leaning and they do not support the more extreme protests and thought the CHAZ was idiotic.

The very few right-leaning people I do know tend to say racist, bigoted, or hateful things.

Not a big fan of anecdotal evidence, but there it is.

Part of being in a free society is tolerating things you don't like...as long as they don't hurt you. Alleged communists are more amusing than threatening in American culture. And I don't really get the association you make of nazis and communists seeing as how nazis want to wipe out a group of people or multiple groups of people, and communists want to change the government to something dumb. Not an apt comparison.

Just because it happens and you see some support doesn't mean everyone supports it. At least on the left. I don't know if I feel the same way about the right, seems like a lot of people actually do support the batshit insane stuff the right tends to do.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silentchief

@mrbojangles25: well that's part of your problem. You surround yourself with people that think as you do thus creating an echo chamber. I have good friends on both sides and none of my friends are white supremacists are neo Nazi's. They think the capitol riots for an example are wrong but are frustrated at the vast attention it gets. They also wonder why the MSM barely talks about far left protests and ironically enough most of my left leaning friends refuse to acknowledge that ANTIFA is even a group.

Tolerating things you don't like? The left is not the party of tolerance. I can give you a dozen examples of cancel culture to prove my point. You do realize the communist regime is responsible for far more death then Nazi's correct? So yes it is an apt comparison. The difference is Nazi's may straight up hate some one because of their race or religion while communist will make you support there causes and once you spoke against it you were either murdered or imprisoned. Forgive me if you think it's paranoia but when you have members of congress demanding former Trump aids be placed on a list so they can no longer have jobs or when you have elected officials demanding to make Trump supporters pay then what once seemed like a irrational fear now seems like a plausible scenario.

I'm not saying everyone supports it but there are extreme left ideas that have now gone completely main stream while extreme right ideas are usually met with universal condemnation.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silentchief

@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mrbojangles25

@silentchief: I don't "surround myself" with people that create an echo chamber. My brother in law is a libertarian. My best friend votes for Trump. My dad was a 40-year government worker before he retired, and my mom a former hippie before progressivism and feminism was polluted by modern ideologies. I identify more with their values than those of the people that I am surrounded by. I like getting out of my comfort zone, and I listen to "echo chamber" podcasts like Pod Save America and half the time I am disgusted by them.

Which was sort of my point....that you seemed to miss, maybe? So let me repeat: even in an areas as liberal as northern California, I still don't find many people that blatantly and unconditionally support what is perceived as "radical leftism" by the right. I just had a conversation with my radical "burn the banks to the ground" coworker about how BLM is a double-edged sword that "cancelled" a business he used to work at (FYI he was pissed about it, not sympathetic to BLM).

So in fact, it's not really an echo chamber. It's more of a reality check, because you have people on the right saying there is this big looming communist threat and I just don't see it from where I stand. And where I stand is apparently in the middle of a state populated and run by loony left-wing fanatics....apparently.

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

Or maybe they're just such a small group they're simply hard to find...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 horgen  Moderator

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

Smaller than extreme right?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Silentchief

@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

I honestly doubt that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 horgen  Moderator

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

I honestly doubt that.

In US you doubt the extreme left is smaller than extreme right? Do you live under a rock?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silentchief

@mrbojangles25: I don't "surround myself" with people that create an echo chamber. My brother in law is a libertarian. My best friend votes for Trump. My dad was a 40-year government worker before he retired, and my mom a former hippie before progressivism and feminism was polluted by modern ideologies. I identify more with their values than those of the people that I am surrounded by. I like getting out of my comfort zone, and I listen to "echo chamber" podcasts like Pod Save America and half the time I am disgusted by

I'm sorry when you mentioned most the people you know were either left leaning or progressive I got the idea that most the people you are close with share your world view

@mrbojangles25 Which was sort of my point....that you seemed to miss, maybe? So let me repeat: even in an areas as liberal as northern California, I still don't find many people that blatantly and unconditionally support what is perceived as "radical leftism" by the right. I just had a conversation with my radical "burn the banks to the ground" coworker about how BLM is a double-edged sword that "cancelled" a business he used to work at (FYI he was pissed about it, not sympathetic to BLM).

Again since we are using anecdotal evidence I do not know one person including myself that supports the capitol riots or the Charlottesville riots. You know why I brought up those two examples? Because those are the only violent far right protest I could think of over the last 6 years. Your friend is finally discussed with BLM? That's awesome it's about dam time. They literally have had countless riots and protests. I'm not kidding they have had more in the past 6 years then I can even remember. It's got to the point when a BLM or Antifa riot is barely news anymore. If the right was as active and caused as much destruction you would see more people speak out against it. But what's the point when the two events that happened over the last 6 years are constantly brought up and condemned.

@mrbojangles25: So in fact, it's not really an echo chamber. It's more of a reality check, because you have people on the right saying there is this big looming communist threat and I just don't see it from where I stand. And where I stand is apparently in the middle of a state populated and run by loony left-wing fanatics....apparently.

You have people on both sides saying things. You have people on the left calling Trump a Nazi( yes the guy with a Jewish son in law). I already lost count the times Biden and his cabinet have condemned white supremacy and their newfound commitment to make sure these domestic terrorists are eradicated. Thats nice and all but when the reality is you have a better chance of being killed by an animal then a domestic terrorist attack in the US. Meanwhile you have people on the left that throw the term Nazi and Fascists around so much its lost all meaning. You want a strong boarder? You're a Nazi, don't buy into white privilege? You're a racist. You can see these bat shit responses in the thousands on social media.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Silentchief

@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

I honestly doubt that.

In US you doubt the extreme left is smaller than extreme right? Do you live under a rock?

No I actually live in the US. You could take a trip to Portland and see thousands of kids in the streets that are far left. Again most people that actually show up to protests I would consider radical. The left has far more activity on this front.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 19609 Posts

@silentchief: I've been to a protest. Do you consider me extreme?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11489 Posts

Thoughts and Prayers

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 horgen  Moderator

@silentchief said:

No I actually live in the US. You could take a trip to Portland and see thousands of kids in the streets that are far left. Again most people that actually show up to protests I would consider radical. The left has far more activity on this front.

Oh. The US does not have rocks?

Protesting police brutality isn't being radical. Wanting higher taxes on the wealthy when they pay less % than the working man, that's not extreme left.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Silentchief

@mattbbpl said:

Don't know enough about you but I do recall in another thread that you thought requiring an ID was voter supression. That is an extremist view.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 172299 Posts

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:

That's hard to say.

I honestly doubt that.

Then it should be easy for you to name them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:

Protesting police brutality isn't being radical. Wanting higher taxes on the wealthy when they pay less % than the working man, that's not extreme left.

My guess is you don't live in the US and probably get all your news from left leaning sources.

No but wanting to defund the police and buying into the false narratives are. What they want will not be covered by just raising taxes on the wealthy. Free education for all, notion of white privilege, repreations, open boarders , eradicating gun rights those are far left policies.

Ah yes. The far right buzzwords. Congrats.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic: I've seen enough of your posting history to know that you are extreme left.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Silentchief

@horgen said:
@silentchief said:

My guess is you don't live in the US and probably get all your news from left leaning sources.

No but wanting to defund the police and buying into the false narratives are. What they want will not be covered by just raising taxes on the wealthy. Free education for all, notion of white privilege, repreations, open boarders , eradicating gun rights those are far left ideologies.

Ps: I tried to edit my post and it deleted it so sorry it bumped the thread.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

@LJS9502_basic: I've seen enough of your posting history to know that you are extreme left.

Not even remotely. But if you think that then you're far right.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mattbbpl

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

Don't know enough about you but I do recall in another thread that you thought requiring an ID was voter supression. That is an extremist view.

Is it now? Despite the fact that we have written documentation from a major political party detailing how they use it to suppress votes?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 874 Posts

@mattbbpl: How is providing proof of who you are voter supression?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mattbbpl

@sheevpalpamemes: Read, man. I've stated the source, we've discussed it here at length prior, other users have mentioned why in this thread, it's all out there.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SheevPalpamemes

@mattbbpl: let me rephrase the question.

Do you think requiring ID is voter supression or the way the guilty parties that used it was supression. Are they the same to you or different?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Silentchief

@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

Is it now? Despite the fact that we have written documentation from a major political party detailing how they use it to suppress votes?

80% of American's agree with it.

Even most Democrats support it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mattbbpl

@silentchief: And yet, a party is using it to strip minorities of voting power. Do you approve of that?

What is popular is not always right, and I will continue to maintain that those who try to strip minorities if their voting power are among the lowest of the low.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Silentchief

@mattbbpl: And that's called leftwing bullshit. Did I say only minorities need an ID to vote?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mattbbpl

@silentchief: And we've already been through this in this thread with Xabiss. Read, people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

@silentchief: And we've already been through this in this thread with Xabiss. Read, people.

They don't want to educate themselves on the issue. Ever. It would mean their world view might change.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Silentchief

@mattbbpl: Yea I've read it along with multiple studies that say it doesn't restrict voting of any race or gender.

Regardless explain to me why Democrats won't condemned Illegals Voting?

This is normal behavior in your party.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic: I know, it's infuriating. They're going to go on happily oppressing people, insisting they're not but knowing they are.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14782 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, so let's just remember the man for what he did:

• As one of his last acts, he lied about the severity of the January 6 Insurrection. Said the only blood spilled was of "an unarmed Trump supporter". Said "These are Republicans, they don't raise mayhem..."
  • Paved the way for the alt-right movement, which is generally focused around xenophobia, bigotry, racism, and regressivism.
  • Said all wanted criminal composite images "looked like Jesse Jackson".
  • Said "NFL games often look like a game between the Bloods and the Crips".
  • Thinks immigration from Latin America will cause the collapse of democracy and rule of law.
  • Dismissed the concept of sexual consent, criticizing a college for encouraging students to get verbal consent from partners.
  • Had a draconian, dated view on drug policy and enforcement.
  • Rejected climate change, climate science, and criticized environmentalism.
  • Supported the invasion of Iraq, even after finding no WMD's.
  • Supports the use of torture, saying "This is no different than a skull and bones initiation" in reference to Abu Ghraib.
  • Supported NAFTA until he was praised by democrat Al Gore, then he didn't support it lol.
  • Spread false claims Obama was not a US citizen.
  • Said that the Deepwater Horizon oil spill was caused by eco-terrorists and the effects were exaggerated.
  • Said that, during the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, the attack (the one where a woman was run over and killed) was provoked.
  • Claims the Christchurch mosque shootings were false-flag attacks by leftists.

Some of what he said was actually true?

Which one of those bullet points is used incorrectly?

In fact, I know you would get banned for saying some of them without quotes.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SheevPalpamemes

@davillain-: can you close this thread? It’s way off the rails.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

Since we're discussing extremist and contrarian viewpoints, I'd say the far right has more of them.

By 78-12%, Americans want Dreamers to stay and receive legal status (Politico/Morning Consult, June 2020.) 78% combined support for Dreamers staying with 61% backing Dreamers’ citizenship and an additional 17% supporting permanent legal status short of citizenship, while 12% support removal or deportation. The support for Dreamers staying includes 71% of conservatives, 69% of Trump 2016 voters, 68% of Republicans, and 64% of those giving Trump positive approval ratings.

Americans are more likely now than at any point in the past five decades to support the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. The 68% of U.S. adults who currently back the measure is not statistically different from last year's 66%; however, it is nominally Gallup's highest reading, exceeding the 64% to 66% range seen from 2017 to 2019.

Estimated % of adults who think global warming is happening (72%), 2020

A total of 77% say the Supreme Court should uphold Roe, but within that there's a lot of nuance — 26% say they would like to see it remain in place, but with more restrictions added; 21% want to see Roe expanded to establish the right to abortion under any circumstance; 16% want to keep it the way it is; and 14% want to see some of the restrictions allowed under Roe reduced. Just 13% overall say it should be overturned.

Eightypercent of Americans say they support net neutrality, a boon to Democrats who are currently pushing legislation on the issue in the House, according to a new poll from Comparitech.

Nearly 70% of registered voters believe that the US should participate in the Paris Climate Agreement. Read more in our Climate Note, “By more than 5 to 1, voters say the U.S. should participate in the Paris Climate Agreement.

Which is why the left usually wins the popular vote, and probably will continue to for at least a decade going by models.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

Since we're discussing extremist and contrarian viewpoints, I'd say the far right has more of them.

By 78-12%, Americans want Dreamers to stay and receive legal status (Politico/Morning Consult, June 2020.) 78% combined support for Dreamers staying with 61% backing Dreamers’ citizenship and an additional 17% supporting permanent legal status short of citizenship, while 12% support removal or deportation. The support for Dreamers staying includes 71% of conservatives, 69% of Trump 2016 voters, 68% of Republicans, and 64% of those giving Trump positive approval ratings.

Americans are more likely now than at any point in the past five decades to support the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. The 68% of U.S. adults who currently back the measure is not statistically different from last year's 66%; however, it is nominally Gallup's highest reading, exceeding the 64% to 66% range seen from 2017 to 2019.

Estimated % of adults who think global warming is happening (72%), 2020

A total of 77% say the Supreme Court should uphold Roe, but within that there's a lot of nuance — 26% say they would like to see it remain in place, but with more restrictions added; 21% want to see Roe expanded to establish the right to abortion under any circumstance; 16% want to keep it the way it is; and 14% want to see some of the restrictions allowed under Roe reduced. Just 13% overall say it should be overturned.

Eightypercent of Americans say they support net neutrality, a boon to Democrats who are currently pushing legislation on the issue in the House, according to a new poll from Comparitech.

Nearly 70% of registered voters believe that the US should participate in the Paris Climate Agreement. Read more in our Climate Note, “By more than 5 to 1, voters say the U.S. should participate in the Paris Climate Agreement.

Which is why the left usually wins the popular vote, and probably will continue to for at least a decade going by models.

I agree or am indifferent to most of those. So it appears I'm not an extremist.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, so let's just remember the man for what he did:

• As one of his last acts, he lied about the severity of the January 6 Insurrection. Said the only blood spilled was of "an unarmed Trump supporter". Said "These are Republicans, they don't raise mayhem..."
  • Paved the way for the alt-right movement, which is generally focused around xenophobia, bigotry, racism, and regressivism.
  • Thinks immigration from Latin America will cause the collapse of democracy and rule of law.
  • Dismissed the concept of sexual consent, criticizing a college for encouraging students to get verbal consent from partners.
  • Supports the use of torture, saying "This is no different than a skull and bones initiation" in reference to Abu Ghraib.
  • Supported NAFTA until he was praised by democrat Al Gore, then he didn't support it lol.
  • Said that the Deepwater Horizon oil spill was caused by eco-terrorists and the effects were exaggerated.
  • Said that, during the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, the attack (the one where a woman was run over and killed) was provoked.

I didn't say they were used incorrectly I said some if what he said is correct, for an example.

It was. They were surrounding his car and throwing bricks at it. Now once he got away he should have drove off but instead he went towards the crowd. Regardless I love how the media acted like a bunch of evil white supremacists were just beating up innocent people yet the reality was there were extremist from both sides causing a shitshow.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I didn't say they were used incorrectly I said some if what he said is correct, for an example.

It was. They were surrounding his car and throwing bricks at it. Now once he got away he should have drove off but instead he went towards the crowd. Regardless I love how the media acted like a bunch of evil white supremacists were just beating up innocent people yet the reality was there were extremist from both sides causing a shitshow.

I guess that one can slightly be contested Was Driver Acting in Self-Defense? - FactCheck.org.

But nearly all of those bullet points appear to be completely true and un-defendable, so the posters point still remains.

Rush has said some really fucked up and despicable shit no matter what side you're one. I guess he's a extreme-right shock jock so that's expected, but in that case don't expect universal praise when dead or people to be polite.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2952 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@JimB said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:

I mean Michael Moore was listed by someone as an example of leftist extremism and one of his more recent films actually attacks the whole green movement.

Sorry guys, I don't want to point fingers or anything, but hands down the extremists are all on the right. There's a reason the FBI, one of the most conservative government agencies out there, is concerned with terrorism from the right, and are comfortable letting local law enforcement handle the occasionally rowdy protest from the left.

To better understand Rush Limbach refer to the Matrix choice of taking the red pill or blue pill. That is what he offered.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

I guess that one can slightly be contested Was Driver Acting in Self-Defense? - FactCheck.org.

But nearly all of those bullet points appear to be completely true and un-defendable, so the posters point still remains.

Rush has said some really fucked up and despicable shit no matter what side you're one. I guess he's a extreme-right shock jock so that's expected, but in that case don't expect universal praise when dead or people to be polite.

Reading comprehension is key. Did he say it was in self defense? No he said it was provoked and it was. If people surround your car and throw shit at it that is a provoked attack. He could have got away with self defense if he ran over someone trying to get away but once he got away he ran back through the crowd which is what screwed him.

That is a loaded point and not really true. For one the left classified just about any conservatives they disagreed with as Alt right including Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson. They are less about racism and Xenophobia and more about free speech. The true members of the Alt right the guy who came up with phrase stopped supporting Trump around 2018 and even Voted for Biden. Funny the media missed that in 2020 but couldn't stop talking about him in 2016. Many of the so called alt right hate Trump for his unwavering support of Israel and Rush was a huge supporter of Trump.

Yes he said fucked up shit but that's what shock jocks do and people on the left say offensive shit like this all the time on national TV and nobody blinks an eye. The reason nobody cares about any of them is because so many of them do it and it's not even news anymore and any racism towards whites is met with indifference.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zaryia

I said slightly for a reason. Reading is indeed key.

@silentchief said:

Reading comprehension is key.

"But nearly all of those bullet points appear to be completely true and un-defendable, so the posters point still remains."

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mrbojangles25

@silentchief: Just my personal opinion but I think shock jocks (along with many other people in positions like that) can motivate people to do terrible things. For starters, they reinforce existing prejudices. Second, they plant new and extreme ideas in people that had only moderate ideas prior to that; one day you're just a person thinking we need stronger borders, then a month later after listening to how immigrants are "murderers and rapists" every day you think it's OK to shoot people illegally crossing the border.

We need to seriously revisit our free speech laws in this country, and in particular apply limitations to social media, the media, talk show hosts, and so on. Call me crazy but I don't think you should be able to go up on whatever soapbox you have and tell millions of people that Republicans are terrorists, Obama is not an American citizen, and so on and so forth without consequence. I think we need to close loopholes so people can't say "No no no, I didn't say _ were terrorists...I said _ were like terrorists" or whatever.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

"But nearly all of those bullet points appear to be completely true and un-defendable, so the posters point still remains."

That's what shock jocks do. People wanted someone to speak out at a time they felt they were being silenced.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

That's what shock jocks do. People wanted someone to speak out at a time they felt they were being silenced.

Yeah and no one should be surprised if they don't get the best response after death.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Yeah and no one should be surprised if they don't get the best response after death.

Lol I'm not surprised.