deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani said on Sunday that his repeated imputations of a supposed scandal at the heart of the Robert Mueller investigation – which Donald Trump calls “Spygate” – amounted to a tactic to sway public opinion and limit the risk of the president being impeached.

Of course we have to do it to defend the president,” Trump’s lawyer told CNN State of the Union host Dana Bash, who accused him of being part of a campaign to undermine the Mueller investigation. Trump has repeatedly called the special counsel’s work a “witch hunt”, despite its producing five guilty pleas, including by three former Trump aides, and evidence of Russian tampering in US elections.

“It is for public opinion,” Giuliani said of his public campaign of dissimulation. “Because eventually the decision here is going to be impeach or not impeach. Members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, are going to be informed a lot by their constituents. And so our jury – and it should be – is the American people.

So Republicans largely, many independents, even some Democrats now question the legitimacy of [the Mueller investigation],” Giuliani said. “Democrats I would suggest for their own self-interest, this is not a good issue to go into the midterms.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/27/rudy-giuliani-spygate-robert-mueller-donald-trump

Very very interesting, Rudy. Please continue speaking to the media.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Was there ever any doubt?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@horgen said:

Was there ever any doubt?

No but trump apologists do fall for it..........

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#4 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Worst lawyer ever?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

He knows trump supporters don't know or just don't care, so they pay no price for doing things like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ad1x2 what do you think?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@perfect_blue said:

@ad1x2 what do you think?

If there was any wrongdoing, then it needs to be addressed, up to include criminal charges on parties that were involved in wrongdoing.

Not much else to say about it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

There were spies sent to infiltrate the Trump Campaign. This was acknowledged by James Clapper and the FBI. so Spygate is a goo term.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Surprising would be if it wasn't. Trump has been resorting to the kind of rethoric that we've been used to see in dictatorships for a long time. The only new thing is that it's happening in the US now. That I must admit, from an outsider's perspective, is a bit surreal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ad1x2 said:

If there was any wrongdoing, then it needs to be addressed, up to include criminal charges on parties that were involved in wrongdoing.

That can be said about anything ever.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

classic trump playbook.

don't address the substance of anything or deal in facts, just make sure your branding is strong.

he's the carny and americans are the rubes that keep falling for his shtick.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2
@perfect_blue said:
@ad1x2 said:

That can be said about anything ever.

Well, what do you want me to say? Are you trying to see if I'm going to go into apologist mode?

If you pay attention to some of my past posts, you would see that I don't agree with several of the things the Trump Administration does. There is such thing as a middle ground, you don't have to pick between despising Trump and kissing his ass.

In regards to this, I did not watch or read the interview, and I only replied because you called me out and I wasn't trying to be rude. Guliani had his heyday when he was in charge of New York after 9/11, but he's not doing the president any favors right now. That's why I said if there was any wrongdoing (putting your foot in your mouth in itself isn't wrongdoing) then it should be addressed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ad1x2 said:

Well, what do you want me to say? Are you trying to see if I'm going to go into apologist mode?

If you pay attention to some of my past posts, you would see that I don't agree with several of the things the Trump Administration does. There is such thing as a middle ground, you don't have to pick between despising Trump and kissing his ass.

In regards to this, I did not watch or read the interview, and I only replied because you called me out and I wasn't trying to be rude. Guliani had his heyday when he was in charge of New York after 9/11, but he's not doing the president any favors right now. That's why I said if there was any wrongdoing (putting your foot in your mouth in itself isn't wrongdoing) then it should be addressed.

I was wondering if a President's top lawyer coming out and saying the entire thing is a political stunt to distract from the Mueller investigation would be interesting to you since you made the other thread. There is no need to get defensive.

What is the middle ground when it comes to Trump?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ad1x2

@perfect_blue said:
@ad1x2 said:

I was wondering if a President's top lawyer coming out and saying the entire thing is a political stunt to distract from the Mueller investigation would be interesting to you since you made the other thread. There is no need to get defensive.

What is the middle ground when it comes to Trump?

I honestly haven’t been following the most recent scandal due to school and work responsibilities taking up most of my time in the last few weeks. The thread I made was for the most part because every news organization was screaming about it, but I didn’t see anything posted about it here. I was aware that Giuliani said some things recently that were not in Trump’s best interest, and that he probably needs to shut his mouth for awhile.

As for middle ground, it is pretty simple. Middle ground is simply praising his accomplishments, criticizing his failures, and being open to ideas and criticism from both sides. Trump apologists defend him no matter what, even when he royally screws up (think Hannity), and make sure to ignore his failures or when he puts his foot in his mouth. Never Trumpers bash him no matter what even if he accomplishes something that is good for the country by either ignoring it or saying he had nothing to do with it (think parts of Hollywood).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I still think Giuliani is doing this on purpose to make Trump look bad.

That was my first thought when he was hired which was 'oh he is going to screw Trump over on purpose and Trump isnt even going to see it happen'.

I think people forget, a person can play both sides for a larger agenda if they are smart.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Now Trey Gowdy is supporting the FBI and saying they handled it 'perfectly' with regards to the Trump campaign. Face it, Trump is an obnoxious liar and only morons fall for his bullsh*t now. Problem being that we have a lot of morons.