ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Looks like he's finally calling it quits and we can't look forward to him eventually putting his gun confiscation plan into action. So far he hasn't backed a specific candidate but appears to be willing to back whichever one wins the nomination in an attempt to unseat President Donald Trump. Speaking of whom, he made sure to show his disappointment:

What do you think? Should have he stuck it out or is dropping out the right thing for him to do?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Know your limitations, Robert Francis. He couldn't even defeat Ted Cruz for the Senate seat let alone become President.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127514 Posts

Childish response by Trump.

I think dropping out was the correct choice now. Beto isn’t that old, is he? He can try again.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Beto was boring. He added very little to the field.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Honestly, I think his campaign was hitting a brick wall. Seems like a nice guy, but he needs a ton of experience before I'd ever consider him for the top office. Take our current president as an example of what lack of experience does.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@horgen said:

Childish response by Trump.

I think dropping out was the correct choice now. Beto isn’t that old, is he? He can try again.

trump is nothing if not childish. Acts like a spoiled brat having a tantrum. As for Beto…..he didn't have the support so he made the right decision.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

Beto's biggest problem is that he really doesn't bring much to the table. Losing to Ted Cruz pretty much already confirmed that. He got a lot of people excited for that race but that's only because Ted Cruz is such a shit. Compared to a field of far more experienced political allies, he just doesn't look that strong. Best bet would have been if he'd dropped much earlier and gone for that Senate race, but of course now it's too late for that as well.

Maybe he should head back to the House for a few terms, plenty of Republican reps jumping ship in Texas, easy pickings.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

Kinda wish he'd stay. I think he was sapping support away from Biden.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

Does OP call Ted Cruz by his real name? How about Jeb Bush or Nikki Haley?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Hey Francis:

Loading Video...
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2
@leicam6 said:

If it makes you feel better, he's called Beto in the video below:

Loading Video...

Is there something you are trying to imply with me calling him Robert Francis instead of Beto?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@ad1x2: It was just a question and you are avoiding it. Do you call the others by their given names too?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

F***ingtastic.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ad1x2
@leicam6 said:

@ad1x2: It was just a question and you are avoiding it. Do you call the others by their given names too?

If he wants to go by Beto then all power to him. But most of us have an idea of the real reason he went by Beto rather than Robert when he ran for office even though people will bring up him supposedly having that nickname long before he went into politics:

Now let’s deal with this business about the name. Who, or what, gave birth to the legend of Beto?

Robert Francis prefers to be called by that name, and he and his army of supporters — the Beto bots — swear it has nothing to do with politics. They even point to the fact that O’Rourke seems to have first gotten tagged with the moniker when he was a child, showing off a photo of him as a boy wearing a sweatshirt with the name “Beto” on it.

What they appear not as eager to talk about, however, is the fact that Patrick O’Rourke — Robert Francis’ father — once explained that he was the one who gave his son the nickname in the first place and the reason had a lot to do with politics, as well as geography. According to The Dallas Morning News, the patriarch reasoned that if his son ever ran for office in El Paso, the odds of being elected in that largely Mexican-American city were far greater with a name like Beto.

Ruben Navarrette Jr.

As a rebuttal to the quote above, we could ask why his dad didn't just name him Beto from the beginning instead of Robert. As for Cruz, I guess you could try to make a similar claim on why he goes by Ted instead of Rafael. Or we can take it a step farther and imply he goes by Ted because he believes racist Republicans won't vote for someone that is Hispanic, but it's not like his last name doesn't give away his Cuban origins.

As for Nikki Haley, well her real first name may be a little hard to pronounce for some native English speakers and her last name is from her husband just like Hillary Clinton hasn't gone by Hillary Rodham since the mid-70s. Nobody is going to look at her and assume she is white.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

About time. The guy should have dropped out when all that nonsense about his fiction writing came out where he fantasized about murdering people or whatever. That was like six months ago or something.

I mean it's a dumb reason but you could tell the smear campaign against him had worked it's voodoo and public opinion shifted away from his favor, and he was never getting it back. Guy doesn't have enough charisma to gain favor, the best he could have done is hold on to whatever favor he had, and he didn't.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@ad1x2 said:
@leicam6 said:

If it makes you feel better, he's called Beto in the video below:

Loading Video...

Is there something you are trying to imply with me calling him Robert Francis instead of Beto?

Oh wow she's a nutjob lmao.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Beto sucked glad he dropped out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41559 Posts

Dude made a clown of himself when he defended Tulsi after Clinton's comments.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ad1x2

@nintendoboy16 said:

With all of the stuff he has done, from his DUI to him promising to confiscate people’s firearms by force if he got elected the thing you want to say was his biggest blunder was defending a fellow Democrat (who just voted in favor of the impeachment inquiry) from accusations of being a traitor?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Hes such a chump.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Insert ‘Another One Bites the Dust’.

Trump 2020!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Insert ‘Another One Bites the Dust’.

Trump 2020!

You do know only one candidate from the party runs in the General...…….right? You seem confused.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Hopefully to find a new career field out of politics.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#25 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 495 Posts

Beto drops out. Kamala has shut down offices in a couple states, Castro is bound to exit soon. Andrew Yang is gonna rise :)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16
@ad1x2 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

With all of the stuff he has done, from his DUI to him promising to confiscate people’s firearms by force if he got elected the thing you want to say was his biggest blunder was defending a fellow Democrat (who just voted in favor of the impeachment inquiry) from accusations of being a traitor?

How long ago was the DUI? And was anyone even hurt then?

He wants to take assault style weapons, which really only belong with those trained in the military or those in SWAT teams, not anyone in the American public.

What happened with Tulsi is very recent. He, like Bernie and Yang played the defense police would use if a longtime cop was verified with ties with organized crime (Mafia/Mob/Triads/Yakuza, etc)

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ad1x2
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ad1x2 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

How long ago was the DUI? And was anyone even hurt then?

He wants to take assault style weapons, which really only belong with those trained in the military or those in SWAT teams, not anyone in the American public.

What happened with Tulsi is very recent. He, like Bernie and Yang played the defense police would use if a longtime cop was verified with ties with organized crime (Mafia/Mob/Triads/Yakuza, etc)

I'll be sure to let my buddy know that lost a cousin to a drunk driver how you don't think Beto driving drunk was a big deal. Would you be so dismissive if it was Don Jr. that had a past DUI instead?

People that praised him for wanting to take so-called assault rifles away don't seem to even know for sure what they are. I asked another poster in this forum if he even knew the difference between a semi-auto AK available for sale and a full-auto one that insurgents use against US troops overseas and they ignored the question, instead claiming victory over some info they Googled shortly before posting. People in this forum have to go on Google just to tell the difference between certain weapons they consider scary looking and then go on about banning them all like that will halt all mass shootings.

As for Tulsi, I'm not sure why liberals seem so eager to throw her under the bus and act as she jumped on the Trump Train. Her views are very in line with the rest of the Democrats running for the 2020 nomination. Many Republicans are pushing back on her because of that, and like I said she just voted in favor for the impeachment inquiry. So what if she appears on Tucker Carlson every once in a while, that seems more like her trying to gain right-wing votes than anything else. The other candidates swearing off right-wing media are putting their chances of beating Trump next year in jeopardy if they get the eventual nomination.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@nintendoboy16 said: Dude made a clown of himself when he defended Tulsi after Clinton's comments.

What a strange comment. Are so-called American “liberals” actually still defending Hillary Clinton in 2019? Good lord lol. Her and her rapist pedophile husband are poison to the brand.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I know you thought you were clever with this retort, but unfortunately you failed as ‘another one’ obviously implies that there are others to defeat or chicken out of the race.

Trump 2020!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nintendoboy16

@ad1x2: Just answer my question. Did Beto hurt or kill anyone while he was DUI? Because all I remember was righties bringing up stereotypes from his heritage... on St. Patrick's Day too. And Tucker Carlson? An enabler who buys Alex Jones level conspiracy theories? You gonna defend her being on Stormer next?

Tulsi is saving face on "being in line with other Democrats". Her impeachment stance is still untrustworthy because Kai Kahele, who seeks to take her position, called her out on it. Hell, she still lashes Pelosi on their handling of it.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ad1x2
@nintendoboy16 said:

@ad1x2: Just answer my question. Did Beto hurt or kill anyone while he was DUI? Because all I remember was righties bringing up stereotypes from his heritage... on St. Patrick's Day too. And Tucker Carlson? An enabler who buys Alex Jones level conspiracy theories? You gonna defend her being on Stormer next?

Tulsi is saving face on "being in line with other Democrats". Her impeachment stance is still untrustworthy because Kai Kahele, who seeks to take her position, called her out on it. Hell, she still lashes Pelosi on their handling of it.

If you want me to concede that Beto's DUI doesn't matter because he supposedly didn't hurt anybody then I guess you will concede that we shouldn't bring up Trump's alleged obstruction of justice during the Russia investigation since he didn't technically work with the Russians. But we know that's not going to happen. We have zero threads about Beto's DUI and several threads with over a hundred posts a piece about Trump allegedly obstructing justice and why it means he needs to be impeached and thrown in jail after removal. Before you or anyone else replies, I am going to put out there that if he did obstruct justice then it does need to be dealt with through the legal system.

If all of you want to throw Tulsi under the bus then, by all means, do so. I'm not going to vote for her because her views are too different from mine. But at the same time, I find it hilarious how on this forum right now several posters are acting offended in a thread about a Purple Heart recipient over the GOP questioning his credibility, but at the same time people don't give a crap about Tulsi and her service overseas (to include her Combat Medical Badge) because Hillary snapped her fingers and without evidence decided she must be secretly trying to help Trump get reelected on behalf of Vladimir Putin.

As for Tulsi appearing on Tucker Carlson Tonight, it is one of the highest-rated shows on Fox News, so why not go on there and see if you can convince some right-wingers to support you? It's better than Warren vowing to never appear on the network only to hope a year from now that she can convince those people she decided were unworthy of her presence to vote for her if she gets the nomination. At least Bernie (who also defended Tulsi) was willing to do a town hall on Fox.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

Beto seemed way over his head during this campaign, but he could do good in a senate run.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendoboy16
@ad1x2 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

If you want me to concede that Beto's DUI doesn't matter because he supposedly didn't hurt anybody then I guess you will concede that we shouldn't bring up Trump's alleged obstruction of justice during the Russia investigation since he didn't technically work with the Russians. But we know that's not going to happen. We have zero threads about Beto's DUI and several threads with over a hundred posts a piece about Trump allegedly obstructing justice and why it means he needs to be impeached and thrown in jail after removal. Before you or anyone else replies, I am going to put out there that if he did obstruct justice then it does need to be dealt with through the legal system.

If all of you want to throw Tulsi under the bus then, by all means, do so. I'm not going to vote for her because her views are too different from mine. But at the same time, I find it hilarious how on this forum right now several posters are acting offended in a thread about a Purple Heart recipient over the GOP questioning his credibility, but at the same time people don't give a crap about Tulsi and her service overseas (to include her Combat Medical Badge) because Hillary snapped her fingers and without evidence decided she must be secretly trying to help Trump get reelected on behalf of Vladimir Putin.

As for Tulsi appearing on Tucker Carlson Tonight, it is one of the highest-rated shows on Fox News, so why not go on there and see if you can convince some right-wingers to support you? It's better than Warren vowing to never appear on the network only to hope a year from now that she can convince those people she decided were unworthy of her presence to vote for her if she gets the nomination. At least Bernie (who also defended Tulsi) was willing to do a town hall on Fox.

Since you won't answer my question, I'll say this: Don't preach to me about what qualifies for a politician, let alone a president when the GOP openly accepts quite a few criminals (Matt Gaetz).

You seem to be triggered everytime I criticize Tulsi, so save the "If you want X, be my guest". I don't give a damn if she served our country, given what people like Michael Flynn have done. Again, the equivalent of defending a corrupt cop of many years due to confirmed ties with organized crime.

You do know WHY Tucker is popular, right? He is basically Alex Jones-lite, which are the kind of people accepted in these days of media. And Tulsi caters to that crowd, being against not only her fellow Democrats, but even liberals not even associated with the party (unless it's the Jill Stein crowd).