Right-Wing Media/Conspiracists Have Begun Attacks on Parkland Survivors

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

I was always curious what the lefts solution to gun control is specifically AR15s. Should everyone that legally owns one be forced to turn it in?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:

oh wow the far right is nuts.

Far right is very nuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@zaryia: It’s sad when you realize the people mentioned in the OP are part of the mainstream right these days.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

This partisan sickness is disgusting. We can’t even come together in times of horror and mourning.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This isn't new.

They say this about every mass shooting.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@drlostrib said:
@n64dd said:
@needhealing said:

This is normal conservative attitudes. Nothing new.

What a dumb thing to say.

you previously referred to infowars as a valid news source

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Ah yes conservatives making up stories to make themselves look human.......that hasn't been done before.

When you were in high school, middle school, elementary school, do you remember a lot of school shootings? Honest question.

That isn't important to the here and now though dude. I don't want them NOW.

I'm trying to figure out why guns are all of a sudden dangerous now, and when we went to school, this wasn't a thing?

Guns have always been dangerous. They are literally designed, built, and used to end life. Outside of hunting and recreational shooting, that's pretty much their only other purpose.

Not sure what you mean by "all of a sudden".

@tryit said:
@horgen said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

I'm trying to figure out why guns are all of a sudden dangerous now, and when we went to school, this wasn't a thing?

because:

1. the are much easier to get now

2. they are higher powered and more efficient at killing

3. its easier to get paramilitary training on how to be an efficient killer

I am not going to say you're wrong. However has the value of life changed the last 30-40 years?

Perhaps not the best phrasing. But essentially, do we turn to to more lethal weapons earlier and quicker now than before?

ironically violent crime now is lower then it was in the past going by the numbers

with that said, I understand what you are suggesting however if its is a factor and even if its the strongest factor, the immediate first solution is still the same.

not make it easy for them. we have to do that first before re-programming society.

for the records: violent crime is dramatically down in american society. So the problem is unlikely brain defects

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/30/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

Violent crime is down, which is why school and mass shootings seem to stand out more. In the 90's it was gang violence (at least in my area); don't go into Oakland, CA, at night you'll get shot. Don't leave your door unlocked when driving in town, you'll get carjacked. Et cetera, et cetera.

Well, violent crime in general is down. So now we have to focus on the next problem--and it is a problem, and a huge one--which would be school shootings.

I'm just not sure why we are so opposed to admitting that this is a problem, and we should do something about it. We've had 18 shootings this year at schools. WTF?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LoganX77

@joebones5000: lmao you think the bloodshed is bad now? Wait untill the day comes when they siege weapons.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LoganX77

@joebones5000: Errrr no it didnt. They didnt round up ARs. And a liberal afraid of guns calling people sissies is ironic.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Republicans are sick in the head.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Republicans love conspiracy theories and blaming victims, so no surprises here.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 N64DD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Ah yes conservatives making up stories to make themselves look human.......that hasn't been done before.

When you were in high school, middle school, elementary school, do you remember a lot of school shootings? Honest question.

Guns have always been dangerous. They are literally designed, built, and used to end life. Outside of hunting and recreational shooting, that's pretty much their only other purpose.

@tryit said:
@horgen said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

because:

I am not going to say you're wrong. However has the value of life changed the last 30-40 years?

Perhaps not the best phrasing. But essentially, do we turn to to more lethal weapons earlier and quicker now than before?

ironically violent crime now is lower then it was in the past going by the numbers

with that said, I understand what you are suggesting however if its is a factor and even if its the strongest factor, the immediate first solution is still the same.

not make it easy for them. we have to do that first before re-programming society.

for the records: violent crime is dramatically down in american society. So the problem is unlikely brain defects

Violent crime is down, which is why school and mass shootings seem to stand out more. In the 90's it was gang violence (at least in my area); don't go into Oakland, CA, at night you'll get shot. Don't leave your door unlocked when driving in town, you'll get carjacked. Et cetera, et cetera.

Well, violent crime in general is down. So now we have to focus on the next problem--and it is a problem, and a huge one--which would be school shootings.

I'm just not sure why we are so opposed to admitting that this is a problem, and we should do something about it. We've had 18 shootings this year at schools. WTF?

We have a lot more school shootings now then we did when I was in school in the 90's, is all i'm saying.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mrbojangles25

@n64dd: fair enough, it certainly seems like it. I graduated high school in 2002, and Columbine--the "first one", though I am sure there were some before--was in 1999 iirc.

I don't remember hearing about school shootings before Columbine, so yeah definitely seems like it's a thing now. I mean I'd hear about some local punk bringing a gun to school, but that's it.

Personally, I think we should let kids fight. Schools are too strict these days and if someone is bullying you and you punch him and get suspended, that's better than being expelled as seems to be policy, and a helluva lot better than supressing your anger while getting relentlessly bullied until you pop and mass murder some people.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Hate to burst your bubble, but there hasn't been 18 school shootings this year, but thanks again for letting the biased news brainwash you.

Also to the people wanting AR-15s banned, confiscated, etc, why? What makes that gun worse then all the others you can legally buy? Seriously I want to hear some actual answers here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@vfighter: yes there has. You can't just arbitrary remove those that didn't result in injury or death or ones that weren't mass shootings.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mrbojangles25

@vfighter said:

@mrbojangles25: Hate to burst your bubble, but there hasn't been 18 school shootings this year, but thanks again for letting the biased news brainwash you.

Also to the people wanting AR-15s banned, confiscated, etc, why? What makes that gun worse then all the others you can legally buy? Seriously I want to hear some actual answers here.

not biased, truth. And don't make the mistake of thinking that because I am against school shootings that I want a gun ban. There's a middle ground here that neither side wants to see.

1 suicide

3 accidental discharges

8 with no injuries

7 with "intent"

to quote Snopes, acting the part of cynic:

Breaking Out the Numbers

As of Everytown’s 15 February update, the total number of school gunfire incidents in 2018 stood at 17. Using their numbers as a starting point, we’ve broken out all the known incidents between 1 January and 14 February 2018 into more detailed categories.

Firearm attacks during school hours: 7 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 5)

22 January: Italy High School, Italy, Texas – A 16-year-old student opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun in the school cafeteria, wounding another student.

22 January: NET Charter High School, Gentilly, Louisiana – An unknown person fired shots at students from a vehicle in the school parking lot. One person was injured (though not by gunfire).

23 January: Marshall County High School, Benton, Kentucky – A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun on school grounds, killing two and injuring 18.

25 January: Murphy High School, Mobile, Alabama – A student fired a handgun into the air during a fight with another student. No injuries were reported.

26 January: Dearborn High School, Dearborn, Michigan – Shots were fired during a fight in the school parking lot. No injuries were reported.

31 January: Lincoln High School, Philadelphia – A fight during a basketball game resulted in the shooting death of a 32-year-old man outside the school.

14 February: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida – A 19-year-old former student opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle, killing 17 and injuring 14.

Firearm attacks NOT occurring during school hours: 2 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 2)

20 January: Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina – A 21-year-old was shot and killed during a fight at a party on school grounds.

5 February: – Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland – A student was shot and injured in the school parking lot during an attempted robbery.

Shots fired during school hours, unknown reason: 2 (no injuries)

10 January: California State University, San Bernardino, California – Bullets were fired through a window, with no suspects or motive identified.

8 February: Metropolitan High School, New York, NY – A student fired a gun into the floor of a classroom.

Unintentional gunfire during school hours: 3 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 1)

10 January: Grayson College, Denison, Texas – A student fired a weapon belonging to an adviser, believing it wasn’t loaded. No injuries were reported.

1 February: Salvador B. Castro Middle School, Los Angeles – A semi-automatic handgun brought to school by a 12-year-old student accidentally went off. Four students were injured.

5 February: Harmony Learning Center, Maplewood, Minnesota – A third-grader pressed the trigger of a law enforcement officer’s handgun. The weapon went off but no one was injured.

Suicide attempts during school hours: 1 (resulting in death)

10 January: Coronado Elementary School, Sierra Vista, Arizona – A middle school student shot himself in the bathroom of the school and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Stray bullets hitting school buildings during school hours: 1 (no injuries)

4 January: New Start High School, near Seattle – Bullets fired by an unidentified shooter entered an administrative office. No injuries were reported.

Stray bullets hitting school buildings NOT occurring during school hours: 1 (no injuries)

15 January: Wiley College, Marshall, Texas – Gunshots fired from a vehicle in the parking lot of a college dorm entered through a window, but did not injure residents.

The problem is how we have our standards too high for "school shootings"; people think school shooting, they think Columbine-style mass murder. But that is definitely way too specific, a school shooting should be any time a firearm is brought to a school and discharged, or shot, or a gun is fired at a school, or a gun crime takes place on school grounds. A school shooting. But yeah, maybe a few of the above shouldn't count. But a lot more than five should.

According to the liberal bias stat counter:

Every time gunfire breaks out on school grounds, it can shatter a child’s sense that they are safe in their school and in their community. Tracking each of these incidents is an important way to measure some of the many ways that shootings affect children in this country.

Conversely, if you go by some other media outlets count, it's five, because they only count the ones that result in death. But that does not address the issue. If we only count the ones that resulted in death, then we are reactive to the problem. We need to count every instance of a gun being brought to school and shot (we should probably count every instance of a gun being brought to school and not shot, too) so we can be proactive. Talk to the kids that brought the gun to school before they kill themselves, talk to the people that bullied them, talk to the parents that somehow let their child buy a gun, etc.

But whatever, if I'm guilty of being brainwashed, so be it; at least I am not trying to diminish the issue and go "it's not 18! It's only been five! That's hardly any!" like some kind of monster. Let me ask you this: what number do we get to when we start doing something about it?

As for the AR-15, it's not worse than any other gun; the problem is who we are selling it to. I've shot AR-15s, they're fun, useful, and practical guns. My best friend goes hunting with his. A former school mate of mine has a sweet .308-chambered version he uses to keep boar off his property, and yes, you do need a gun capable of firing off shots rapidly when a boar is charging you (or five boars) contrary to what the hippies think. Half of my instagram feed are custom-made firearms (the other half is cosplay chicks and food :D ). There is nothing inherently evil about a gun, only the people we all but hand them out to.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By VFighter

@toast_burner: No there haven't. Its a number being tossed around on shootings that happen within a mile (I believe) of a school, not actual shootings in schools which is what they hope people like you believe. It's a bs number to scare the uninformed, nothing else.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 N64DD

@mrbojangles25 said:

@n64dd: fair enough, it certainly seems like it. I graduated high school in 2002, and Columbine--the "first one", though I am sure there were some before--was in 1999 iirc.

I don't remember hearing about school shootings before Columbine, so yeah definitely seems like it's a thing now. I mean I'd hear about some local punk bringing a gun to school, but that's it.

Personally, I think we should let kids fight. Schools are too strict these days and if someone is bullying you and you punch him and get suspended, that's better than being expelled as seems to be policy, and a helluva lot better than supressing your anger while getting relentlessly bullied until you pop and mass murder some people.

I'm not in the group that thinks nothing should be done, but it's very odd that this a lot more prevalent now.

That's why I'm not so quick to completely blame guns. Something had to change.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

There were shootings decades (and centuries) prior to Columbine dating back to the late 1700's. Did you ever hear about the "I Hate Mondays" shooting? Firearms are not some sort of new technology that never existed prior to the decade but people generally acted differently.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By N64DD

@Solaryellow said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

There were shootings decades (and centuries) prior to Columbine dating back to the late 1700's. Did you ever hear about the "I Hate Mondays" shooting? Firearms are not some sort of new technology that never existed prior to the decade but people generally acted differently.

It's a violence/mentality issue. Weapons are just tools.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Columbine was not the first. Just the biggest at the time.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@n64dd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

@tryit said:
@horgen said:
@tryit said:

because:

We have a lot more school shootings now then we did when I was in school in the 90's, is all i'm saying.

here are the facts and you can parse it how you need to

1. violent crime in this country is DRAMATICALLY down.

2. number of guns owned in this country is up.

3. it is easier to get weapons that are specifically designed to be more efficient at killing then before

4. it is easier to get paramilitary training including how to be a lone wolf in this country now then before as long as the group is not 'islamic terrorist'

regardless of if people are just simply more crazy or not, the FIRST thing one needs to do to re-program people is to remove the tools that are specifically designed to be highly efficent killing tools.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By LoganX77

@joebones5000: Wtf are you talking about? The only time bush confiscated weapons was during Katrina. Little different type of person and a different type of situation.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic

@loganx77 said:

@joebones5000: Wtf are you talking about? The only time bush confiscated weapons was during Katrina. Little different type of person and a different type of situation.

Why? It's either a right or it's not. It can't be both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#80 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Funny how to some it's shocking that hypnotically some students were coached to talk but at the same time it's perfectly fine that their elected politicians are being paid by the NRA.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

And of course the inevitable seems to have occurred when people start spreading these kinds of conspiracy theories

Fla. shooting survivor's mother: We have received death threats

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TryIt

@drlostrib said:

And of course the inevitable seems to have occurred when people start spreading these kinds of conspiracy theories

Fla. shooting survivor's mother: We have received death threats

I think we can all hopefully agree that those who made those threats are 'pro-violence' (sorry I am having issue with people having issue with my term)

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: If you are actively robbing people in a Crisis situation then yes your gun should be taken. Thats what was happening to people in Katrina.

Someone who owns it and has had no criminal record shouldnt have their gun taken. And anyone who thinks that would happen without bloodshed is delusional. I hardly claim to be some unstoppable Rambo but the day the government trys to take my weapons is the day i will no longer be a law abiding citizen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: If you are actively robbing people in a Crisis situation then yes your gun should be taken. Thats what was happening to people in Katrina.

Someone who owns it and has had no criminal record shouldnt have their gun taken. And anyone who thinks that would happen without bloodshed is delusional. I hardly claim to be some unstoppable Rambo but the day the government trys to take my weapons is the day i will no longer be a law abiding citizen.

Citizens shouldn't have assault weapons.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: If you know the purpose of it yes they should. Although i do agree stricter restrictions and harsher pennalties should be inforced.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: If you know the purpose of it yes they should. Although i do agree stricter restrictions and harsher pennalties should be inforced.

The purpose of an assault rifle is too kill as many as possible in a short time. No they shouldn't.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: Thats not true at all. The fact of the matter is it is the most practical gun you can buy in a crisis situation. Its far more effective then a standard hunting rifle for hunting. Its also far better for defense situations.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic

@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Thats not true at all. The fact of the matter is it is the most practical gun you can buy in a crisis situation. Its far more effective then a standard hunting rifle for hunting. Its also far better for defense situations.

WTF are you trying to say? In regard to the Amendment the basic principle was the people had a right to form militias separate from the federal government. IE National Guard which belongs to the state.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@loganx77 said:

It's also great for killing a whole lot of people as well. Just ask Stephen Paddock, James Holmes, and Niko Cruz.

Gun fanatics never cease to amaze me with their idiocy.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LoganX77

@drunk_pi: Paddock had an automatic weapon which is illegal. I agree with banning automatic weapons as they have no practicality. However the deadliest school shooting ever was done with two handguns. So this is a typical argument from the delusional left.

Ban AR's because they are to dangerous......well actually handguns kill far more people so lets ban those too.. well actually hunting rifles typically have a larger more deadly bullet so lets also ban those... yea lets just ban them all.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 VFighter

@drunk_pi: Name a few assualt rifles please, also what guns the people you mentioned used.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: Sorry but i dont want to rely on the government or state when it comes to defending my home. Especially since gun control wouldn't stop a criminal from getting a gun. It may stop some random psycho(although he will find another way to kill someone) but if you think gang members or career criminals would be phased by stricter gun regulations you are delusional.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#93 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

This is not new for the far right. Alex Jones called Sandy Hook a false flag. Some people are just disgusting.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TryIt

@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Sorry but i dont want to rely on the government or state when it comes to defending my home. Especially since gun control wouldn't stop a criminal from getting a gun. It may stop some random psycho(although he will find another way to kill someone) but if you think gang members would be phased by stricter gun regulations you are delusional.

its easier to get an AR 15 then it is to get lawn darts

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic

@tryit said:
@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Sorry but i dont want to rely on the government or state when it comes to defending my home. Especially since gun control wouldn't stop a criminal from getting a gun. It may stop some random psycho(although he will find another way to kill someone) but if you think gang members would be phased by stricter gun regulations you are delusional.

You're not going to defend your home against either. That's unrealistic thinking.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:
@loganx77 said:

You're not going to defend your home against either. That's unrealistic thinking.

right and for a multiple number of reasons.

the reason I like to highlight the most is that any gun that is easy to get to in case of an emergency is also easy to steal.

People think because they bought a gun that they are a bad ass in keeping it in their hands

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: You can speak for yourself.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LoganX77

@tryit: You can buy a biometric safe that opens with a fingerprint. Hearing people talk about guns who have obviously never shot are owned them is laughable.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TryIt

@loganx77 said:

@tryit: You can buy a biometric safe that opens with a fingerprint. Hearing people talk about guns who have obviously never shot are owned them is laughable.

and you are clearly going to carry that safe with you everywhere you go?

how are you going to stop a person from taking the gun from your hand in a micro second?

and exactly how many of these safes do you think the system is going to buy for teachers? please....i know people who have guns, they dont all have such safes

in fact...the first gun I ever held in my hand I found in my fathers closet by accident and nobody was home.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By LoganX77

@tryit: No you would generally carry your gun in concealment. If someone disarms you with bare hands you are an incompetent putts who shouldn't carry a gun. And if it was so easy to dissarm people in a microsecond then why would guns be a threat in the first place?

You wouldn't need to buy it for every teacher just a couple competent ones in each school.