nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Because the opinions of Michelle "keep the Japanese in internment camps" Malkin, and Dan Bongino calling the left children when both he and Grant Stinchfield attacked John Oliver (after his NRATV piece) like children is so worth taking note of besides the vile they spew. :roll:

Still though, their words are hardly twisted from what I've seen on MM. Hell, MM have gotten on the case of the "leftist" media too, so not sure what they're on about.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Man you get triggered when people go after John Oliver.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@n64dd said:

Shh, don´t tell him that, if he knew the truth then he would stop posting :)

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1851 Posts

I’d bet if you caught most of these right wing media talking heads in a candid moment you would find them to be normal people.

Like Alex Jones testifying in court that his persona on the show is a fraud and he’s just playing a character. Or Glenn Beck pitching conspiracy theories to old people on his show, but in a normal interview he’s an extremely level-headed and thoughtful guy. Did you know his net worth is $250 million dollars?

I recently visited my parents for Christmas, and you should have seen some of these sites that they actually pay for. I’m a web developer and most of these sites they frequent look like they were made by amateurs. The “content”, if you can even call it that, was the most disgusting trash you can imagine...no research to any of it, no journalistic integrity, and much of it was just stolen off other alt-news sites or laughably just social media posts by random people.

It got me thinking of how easily exploitable this space is. I could build a professional site that hosts the same trash under the hood, but at least the site would look like a safe place where your credit card won’t be sold on the dark web.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

Has Alex Jones been working out?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@Baconstrip78 said:

I’d bet if you caught most of these right wing media talking heads in a candid moment you would find them to be normal people.

Like Alex Jones testifying in court that his persona on the show is a fraud and he’s just playing a character. Or Glenn Beck pitching conspiracy theories to old people on his show, but in a normal interview he’s an extremely level-headed and thoughtful guy. Did you know his net worth is $250 million dollars?

I recently visited my parents for Christmas, and you should have seen some of these sites that they actually pay for. I’m a web developer and most of these sites they frequent look like they were made by amateurs. The “content”, if you can even call it that, was the most disgusting trash you can imagine...no research to any of it, no journalistic integrity, and much of it was just stolen off other alt-news sites or laughably just social media posts by random people.

It got me thinking of how easily exploitable this space is. I could build a professional site that hosts the same trash under the hood, but at least the site would look like a safe place where your credit card won’t be sold on the dark web.

Glen Beck is actually a pretty level-headed guy and he has come a long way from his more crazy Fox days, also it´s no surprise his net worth is high, he is the founder and CEO of Blaze after all.

As to Alex Jones, that guy is having some massive issues and if you watch the Rogan podcast, he seems to actually believe some of the shit he says. Even Rogan has begun to question his sanity.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Glen Beck is actually a pretty level-headed guy and he has come a long way from his more crazy Fox days, also it´s no surprise his net worth is high, he is the founder and CEO of Blaze after all.

As to Alex Jones, that guy is having some massive issues and if you watch the Rogan podcast, he seems to actually believe some of the shit he says. Even Rogan has begun to question his sanity.

Also hasn't his family basically left him because he's so crazy? He also makes a lot of money selling his snake oil to gullible idiots, so even if it was just a character he's still scamming people.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nintendoboy16  Online
@n64dd said:

Like you and Alex Jones once upon a time? ;)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@deeliman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Also hasn't his family basically left him because he's so crazy? He also makes a lot of money selling his snake oil to gullible idiots, so even if it was just a character he's still scamming people.

Think so, Alex Jones is not in a good place.

But ya he is making a lot of money and even more after Twitter, Facebook, Youtube all banned him which also just helps to make his shit more legit.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1851 Posts

@Jacanuk: Glen Beck is still crazy on his podcast. He said the women’s march was Soros and radical Islamic coordinated astroturfing. The burden of proof for “political commentary” being nothing, who cares right?

I think it’s just the polarization of the internet as a platform. Moderates don’t make money. Even the conservative I most revered Ben Shapiro has gone off the deep end since he expanded his platform to the internet. 10 years ago he would have never intellectually stooped to the levels he hit during his Black Panther commentary.

Everything is TMZ clickbait or it’s dead. Alternative media seems to be able to thrive in this space by being too small to sue for libel and too decentralized to regulate. Where Fox can only ask the question “Was Hillary involved in the murder of Seth Rich?”, alternative media doesn't worry about repercussions and can just say she killed him. That’s the power of shock and awe. You say exactly what my 81 year old father wants to hear so he subscribes.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jacanuk

@Baconstrip78 said:

@Jacanuk: Glen Beck is still crazy on his podcast. He said the women’s march was Soros and radical Islamic coordinated astroturfing. The burden of proof for “political commentary” being nothing, who cares right?

I think it’s just the polarization of the internet as a platform. Moderates don’t make money. Even the conservative I most revered Ben Shapiro has gone off the deep end since he expanded his platform to the internet. 10 years ago he would have never intellectually stooped to the levels he hit during his Black Panther commentary.

Everything is TMZ clickbait or it’s dead. Alternative media seems to be able to thrive in this space by being too small to sue for libel and too decentralized to regulate. Where Fox can only ask the question “Was Hillary involved in the murder of Seth Rich?”, alternative media doesn't worry about repercussions and can just say she killed him. That’s the power of shock and awe. You say exactly what my 81 year old father wants to hear so he subscribes.

You are mixing two persona´s up there, Glen Beck on his show and his tv-station is one, If you watch the various podcasts he has been on like Rubin or Rogan or his interview with Stewart there is a whole other one.

Sure he is still a conservative but he has really mellowed over the years and I was surprised when I heard them, never liked Beck and his shows on Fox always made him seem like he was worse than Alex Jones.

But you are 100% right, it´s all a show and people are finding the pole´s that give them money, same as CNN and the mainstream media they know they can´t compete with Fox for the conservatives and most independents are clever enough to watch more than one or simply stop watching it. It´s all about the views and money so they all say what they know brings in the most.

Not too surprising though, Gamespot does the same thing and any other medium or creator who lives of views needs to find that spot that is theirs.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@nintendoboy16: You’re comparing him to Alex Jones?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendoboy16  Online

@n64dd: Or how much you posted his content everytime you do to me and any comedian on the left, not just Oliver.