Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4384 Posts

Earlier in the day he said something about how all of these Hollywood people want to save the planet as 800 limos dropped them off for the show and no car pooling. ROFLMAO!

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Lol that opening was fucking beautiful.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xabiss

@r-gamer said:

Best line ever about Hollywood:

"If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a political platform to make a political speech,” he warned. “You're in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg..."

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

The most important takeaway from all of it is that he never lied.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1669 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@r-gamer said:

"If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a political platform to make a political speech,” he warned. “You're in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg..."

Well, listen to this:

"Despite Ricky Gervais's warning not to talk about politics, Michelle Williams used her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes on Sunday night to make a pro-abortion pitch. [...] Williams may feel that access to abortion improved her life by helping her focus on her career and choose when to have a baby — she’s pregnant now — but her parroting of the Hollywood line that women need abortions is not just patently false. It’s dangerous."

Learn more about it on this link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-irony-of-michelle-williamss-pro-abortion-speech

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20467 Posts

To the political section? Really? For this? Jesus fucking Christ.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 8158 Posts

@Xabiss: He was great, his line about Kevin Hart having to back down from the awards because of an old tweet was also spot on lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44223 Posts

Surprisingly not many hit-pieces on him.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38093 Posts

@angeldeb82 said:
@Xabiss said:
@r-gamer said:

Well, listen to this:

"Despite Ricky Gervais's warning not to talk about politics, Michelle Williams used her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes on Sunday night to make a pro-abortion pitch. [...] Williams may feel that access to abortion improved her life by helping her focus on her career and choose when to have a baby — she’s pregnant now — but her parroting of the Hollywood line that women need abortions is not just patently false. It’s dangerous."

Learn more about it on this link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-irony-of-michelle-williamss-pro-abortion-speech

Sacha Barron Cohen made a Nazi Joke about Facebook as well.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124891 Posts

He sounds fed up with the awards.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36952 Posts

wait, people still watch these shows?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R-Gamer

@comp_atkins: I didn't.. just saw this clip and his comments were dead on.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 8158 Posts

@r-gamer: Same here, havent watched an actual awards show since the early 2000's.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I suppose it was all in jest and he doesn't really think these things otherwise he'd be a bigot, or at least alt-right, surely, for criticising the untouchables.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44223 Posts

@vfighter said:

@r-gamer: Same here, havent watched an actual awards show since the early 2000's.

Can't blame you, watching rich folk pat each other on the back and tell us plebs how to live.

Fun.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49265 Posts

It's funny because it's true.

@Xabiss said:
@r-gamer said:

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
@angeldeb82 said:
@Xabiss said:
@r-gamer said:

Well, listen to this:

to be fair, it's not "pro-abortion", it's pro-choice...sort of like how we don't call pro-lifers "fascist control freaks that want to rule everyone because they think they know better, and Jesus".

Anyway we wouldn't be having this talk if Williams just listened to Gervais. WHY DIDN"T YOU LISTEN MICHELLE!!!!??

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20511 Posts

That was hilarious... I love how he brought up Apple and sweatshops, while the CEO was there. Good stuff.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R-Gamer

@mrbojangles25: I don't think anyone expected them to listen. But maybe if they did award shows like this may actually get viewers again?

I think the general public is tired of hearing celebrities always feel the need to regurgitate the same left wing talking points over and over again. Especially when it's in front of a crowd where 95% of the people sitting in front of them agree with them. Then we get to hear leftwing media talk about their bold acceptance speech. Which giving a speech in front of a crowd that mostly agrees with you isn't very bold.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xabiss
@KungfuKitten said:

I suppose it was all in jest and he doesn't really think these things otherwise he'd be a bigot, or at least alt-right, surely, for criticising the untouchables.

So now you are alt-right if you criticize Hollywood and left leaning CEOs. ROFLMAO you can make this shit up folks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25

@r-gamer said:

@mrbojangles25: I don't think anyone expected them to listen. But maybe if they did award shows like this may actually get viewers again?

I think the general public is tired of hearing celebrities always feel the need to regurgitate the same left wing talking points over and over again. Especially when it's in front of a crowd where 95% of the people sitting in front of them agree with them. Then we get to hear leftwing media talk about their bold acceptance speech. Which giving a speech in front of a crowd that mostly agrees with you isn't very bold.

I hope when we hear our media outlets talk about how terrible/brave the celebrities were, we all collectively say "bullshit" :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

When you realize that the Ricky Gervais bit about celebrities giving their opinions is coming from a celebrity that’s literally giving his opinion, then you’ll actually get the joke.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25

OMFG I love how offended and indignant they all looked. It's like they prepared themselves, looked in the mirror before going and said "I will take myself too serious and will not laugh" lol

Also I am loving the headlines in the news today. One of them read "Ricky Gervais get's political at the Golden Globes"....he didn't get political, he go anti-political.

@Nuck81 said:

When you realize that the Ricky Gervais bit about celebrities giving their opinions is coming from a celebrity that’s literally giving his opinion, then you’ll actually get the joke.

He is, yes, but he isn't really part of that crowd, that Hollywood Elite. You know, you get five celebrities together--Tom Hanks, Jennifer Anistion, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ricky Gervais, and Helen Mirren--it's pretty easy to pick out the one that is the most unlike the others (hint: it's Ricky Gervais).

IMO he is still a stand-up comedian that just transitioned to acting, that's it. There's no "joke's on you" irony to be had here.

@Xabiss said:
@KungfuKitten said:

So now you are alt-right if you criticize Hollywood and left leaning CEOs. ROFLMAO you can make this shit up folks.

Yeah that's pretty funny if he thinks that.

Honestly Gervais is about as moderate as they come. No one wants to criticize the left except the right, but it's a breath of fresh air when a moderate or left-leaning person criticizes them.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Master_Live

Now, on topic. My main man Ricky was as mean as ever which is what we have come to expect from him. With that said, this is actually the last time he should host one of these in a long time if not ever.

If you have seen the other 4 times he has hosted it has become obvious he isn't as good as he was in the first 3 (the 4th one was just ok). Part of the problem is that the shock value has been spent by now. In the first trilogy you could see him at ease, taking his time through out the jokes while now he rushes to the punchline because he wants to get there before the audience does (in the past audience couldn't get there before because they didn't expect the host of the Golden Globes to "go there" whereas now they expect it). Like, see it for yourself, compare it to the the first trilogy.

Also, the camera people didn't help him by continuously cutting to Tom Hanks who, bless his soul, didn't have the "oh no you didn't" type of reaction that makes you laugh but the actual type of disapproval look that actually makes people uncomfortable.

Finally the whole "I don't care" line that Ricky keeps repeating is a defense mechanism and got tiresome very quickly. If you don't care then don't be there and get the **** off. This time he seemed overly grumpy.

As far as I know nobody has uploaded yet the long cut video with all the jokes on YouTube. Hopefully after I see it I feel better about Ricky hosting the GG again.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Live

Here are the best bits from the original trilogy:

Loading Video...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Live

And his best moment from 2016!

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#27 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38093 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Saying Ricky Gervais isn't part of the Hollywood Elite is like saying Fox News isn't part of the MSM.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

@mrbojangles25 said:

OMFG I love how offended and indignant they all looked. It's like they prepared themselves, looked in the mirror before going and said "I will take myself too serious and will not laugh" lol

Also I am loving the headlines in the news today. One of them read "Ricky Gervais get's political at the Golden Globes"....he didn't get political, he go anti-political.

@Nuck81 said:

He is, yes, but he isn't really part of that crowd, that Hollywood Elite. You know, you get five celebrities together--Tom Hanks, Jennifer Anistion, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ricky Gervais, and Helen Mirren--it's pretty easy to pick out the one that is the most unlike the others (hint: it's Ricky Gervais).

IMO he is still a stand-up comedian that just transitioned to acting, that's it. There's no "joke's on you" irony to be had here.

@Xabiss said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Honestly Gervais is about as moderate as they come. No one wants to criticize the left except the right, but it's a breath of fresh air when a moderate or left-leaning person criticizes them.

Gervais is a super liberal.

He literally donates hundreds of thousands to animal rights groups, is a Vegan, and is a big proponent of Global Warming, supports assisted suicide, is a gay rights activist, and the list can go on on and on.

I follow him on Twitter, He is always political.

He was there to host the Golden Globes and tell Jokes. If you don't think he was doing a bit, then you're not fan, never seen his stand-up, and have no clue about his career.

Look at the British Office. The entire Series is based on the awkward, obvious, make you uncomfortable humor.

He also does as much producing and writing as he does acting. He's Hollywood Elite....

Edit... Aww man, I forgot probably his most defining characteristic, his unashamed, and aggressive Atheism. But yeah, he suddenly a MAGA hero....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14753 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Earlier in the day he said something about how all of these Hollywood people want to save the planet as 800 limos dropped them off for the show and no car pooling. ROFLMAO!

@r-gamer said:

It's refreshing to see conservatives here championing an unapologetic liberal. We need to cross boundaries more often.

Ricky Gervais: Liberal Atheist Who Accidentally Became a Hero of the Right

https://humanevents.com/2019/05/10/ricky-gervais-liberal-atheist-who-accidentally-became-a-hero-of-the-right/

Too bad he's kind of shitting on those people on twitter right now lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Gervais is literally on his twitter making fun of the people that think he is a conservative champion.

The guy is a comic legend, this thread is proof.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xabiss
@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:

@r-gamer said:

It's refreshing to see conservatives here championing an unapologetic liberal. We need to cross boundaries more often.

Ricky Gervais: Liberal Atheist Who Accidentally Became a Hero of the Right

https://humanevents.com/2019/05/10/ricky-gervais-liberal-atheist-who-accidentally-became-a-hero-of-the-right/

Too bad he's kind of shitting on those people on twitter right now lol.

Hey if I agree with you, I agree with you. I never look at someones political affiliation before I say if they are right or wrong. Sorry that hurts your feelings. Just because I agree with what he said in his speech does not mean I agree with everything he is for or against. I just find it funny how he calls out the hypocrisy of Hollywood and nailed it on every point.

I see a shit ton of liberals who claim they are wanting to help the planet, but they sure the hell don't live like it and that hypocrisy needs to be called out.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8428 Posts

@zaryia: Sometime the message is more important than the messenger. He can shit on the conservatives that didn’t take the time to realize he’s not on their side politically, but the message is still out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

He’s bang on but the people making this a left vs right thing are weird. Celebrity worship is gross and taking shots at vapid out of touch millionaires should be enjoyed by all.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xabiss

@leicam6 said:

He’s bang on but the people making this a left vs right thing are weird. Celebrity worship is gross and taking shots at vapid out of touch millionaires should be enjoyed by all.

Exactly

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#35 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 46557 Posts

I'm shocked anyone watches these award shows.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

@leicam6 said:

Ricky Gervais is worth 130 million dollars. If you take his speech at face value then it's just the pot calling the kettle black.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/ricky-gervais-net-worth/

Also this reminds me a lot of folks who thought the Colbert Report was not a long running bit.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 35175 Posts

That was really funny. Ricky Gervais has been pretty consistently great at the golden globes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

@Vaasman: Sure. I thought the speech itself was pretty poor.

He tells celebrities to not lecture about politics but then he’s a celebrity lecturing about politics lol.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6869 Posts
@Xabiss said:
@leicam6 said:

Exactly

Agree especially the morons in the red hats.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 4431 Posts

The reactions to Ricky Gervais is the best part about his gig.

His Golden Globes presence is still #1 trending on the internet, and this happened days ago. I think the internet's standing ovation for Gervais is making it quite clear just what the world thinks of the majority of these Hollywood pricks that are clueless about what the world actually thinks of them.

These Hollywood elites might have cringed in dismay at the Golden Globes, but the biggest stinger has to be they are stuck now seeing Ricky Gervais #1 trending for days now, and the majority of society is actually agreeing with everything he says.

The attendees might have found his hosting to be the worst, but the world thinks it has to be one of the GG's finest. The world has spoken.

Hopefully these Hollywood pricks finally get a clue they're the losers to the world, and it took Ricky Gervais to throw it right in their face.

Well done, Ricky Gervais, well done. You have done something productive here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 172294 Posts

@warmblur said:
@Xabiss said:
@leicam6 said:

Exactly

Hahaha...……….

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:
@warmblur said:
@Xabiss said:
@leicam6 said:

Exactly

Hahaha...……….

Lets be honest with ourselves, both sides are a little bat shit crazy if you ask me. Both sides are extremely corrupt and anyone that says otherwise are lying to themselves. I really want a third party to rise up and it is about time that happens.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@Nuck81 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Nuck81 said:

@Xabiss said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Gervais is a super liberal.

He literally donates hundreds of thousands to animal rights groups, is a Vegan, and is a big proponent of Global Warming, supports assisted suicide, is a gay rights activist, and the list can go on on and on.

I follow him on Twitter, He is always political.

He was there to host the Golden Globes and tell Jokes. If you don't think he was doing a bit, then you're not fan, never seen his stand-up, and have no clue about his career.

Look at the British Office. The entire Series is based on the awkward, obvious, make you uncomfortable humor.

He also does as much producing and writing as he does acting. He's Hollywood Elite....

Edit... Aww man, I forgot probably his most defining characteristic, his unashamed, and aggressive Atheism. But yeah, he suddenly a MAGA hero....

Yes, but you forgot the foundational principle of American conservatism that Ricky Gervais honored with his speech: make fun of the people from the groups we don't like. Hollywood=bad, so someone mocking Hollywood=good. If he starts talking about atheism then conservatives will just start mocking him again, it's their go-to move.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36952 Posts

@jaydan said:

Hopefully these Hollywood pricks finally get a clue they're the losers to the world, and it took Ricky Gervais to throw it right in their face.

i doubt they care.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 4431 Posts
@comp_atkins said:
@jaydan said:

i doubt they care.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but it ultimately varies upon the individual. As it was seen in the crowd footage, Tom Hanks, Elton John among others seemed effectively irked by his words.

Whether or not they carry it with them, Gervais effectly pointed the finger at them and whether or not it gets their approval they can see just how the masses truly see them, thanks to the internet response.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 19602 Posts

@Master_Live said:

To the political section? Really? For this? Jesus fucking Christ.

To own the libs, I guess? It's unreal how much of politics now revolves around that concept.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@jaydan: hahahahahahaha.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@KungfuKitten said:

I'm just saying that's what normally happens. If you are in favor of free speech you must be a nazi. As only nazi's would want free speech for everyone, since it exposes people to hate-speech. I believe that is the reasoning of the new 'liberal' (not liberal) 'left' (except bending the knee to corporate authoritarianism).

Just like how it is now common sense on many of the most popular online platforms that a bigot is someone open to other people's opinions. Only one opinion is right and other opinions should be banned. There's no room for criticism. If somebody states another opinion it's assumed to be made in bad faith. So a bigot used to be someone who isn't open to other people's opinions, and is now redefined by people who aren't open to other people's opinions, by our 'tolerant' (yet about as tolerant as the nazi's) 'progressives' (trying to make our gender and skin our most defining characteristics) to mean someone with the wrong opinion.

In this case it only makes sense to have Ricky branded as one of the captains of the far right and a bigot to boot. Maybe even an incel if he says another word. Is he cancelled yet?

It's interesting to me how long it is taking to brand him as a figurehead of the alt-right. I wonder why? Is he a big name in the USA? Are people a little bit too aware of the truth to use this one? Are we witnessing a change of strategy? Are Hollywood actors now the alt-right and Ricky our hero? I guess because the alt-right and progressives share so many traits you can kind of flip flop them around to suit the tale until it sounds right. Who could tell, really? I wonder how this unfolds.

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

He's not that big in the USA, no. I've never personally seen any of his movies and know very little about him.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY RIPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LIBURALS WITH FACTS AND LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 HURRRRRRRR DURRRRRR BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

^^^ This thread and trumpettes, nevermind they help elect Reagan and Trump.

Ricky's got a point though and his point on remakes and sequels is spot on.