DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

After the Asia-Pacific summit, Trump stated that Putin denies meddling in the election and Trump believes him when he says it

"He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,'" Trump said. "And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

"I think he is very insulted by it," Trump added.

Trump seemed to indicate on Saturday that he trusts Putin's denials more than the comments of former intelligence officials, like former high-ranking intelligence officials James Comey, John Brennan and James Clapper.

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said. "So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them."

But the man Trump picked to lead the CIA, Mike Pompeo, stood by US intelligence findings in a statement issued later Saturday, saying the "assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed."

Trump said the discrepancies between Putin and American officials weren't worth debating when other security issues require the two men's attention.

Trump repeated his claims that Russian interference in the US election is a conspiracy invented by Democrats to distract from their electoral losses. And he implied that investigators looking into his campaign aides' ties to Moscow were better off probing elsewhere.

"That whole thing was set up by the Democrats," Trump declared.

Putin's press secretary Dmitri Peskov told CNN that Putin and Trump did not discuss meddling in the presidential elections

Source

Well Putin said he didn't do it so I guess that's that. Case closed

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

As if he'd admit to it. For all we know trump knows Putin did interfere. I wonder about the timeliness of his call for Russia to release emails just five days I think after the emails to his campaign about having her emails.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

He looked deep into his eyes and saw the honesty within his soul.

What's not to believe?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Former officials? The current ones say the same thing..

Man everyone in the FBI, CIA, DHS, NSA watching this was probably face palming.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic

@zaryia said:

Former officials? The current ones say the same thing..

Man everyone in the FBI, CIA, DHS, NSA watching this was probably face palming.

Jacunkk is jumping up and down in his chair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Well if the two most trustworthy people in the world say so then I believe them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I am so glad we got this case closed now. It was starting to look bad for the current administration.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@drlostrib said:

After the Asia-Pacific summit, Trump stated that Putin denies meddling in the election and Trump believes him when he says it

"He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,'" Trump said. "And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

Trump seemed to indicate on Saturday that he trusts Putin's denials more than the comments of former intelligence officials, like former high-ranking intelligence officials James Comey, John Brennan and James Clapper.

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said. "So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them."

But the man Trump picked to lead the CIA, Mike Pompeo, stood by US intelligence findings in a statement issued later Saturday, saying the "assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed."

Trump said the discrepancies between Putin and American officials weren't worth debating when other security issues require the two men's attention.

Trump repeated his claims that Russian interference in the US election is a conspiracy invented by Democrats to distract from their electoral losses. And he implied that investigators looking into his campaign aides' ties to Moscow were better off probing elsewhere.

Putin's press secretary Dmitri Peskov told CNN that Putin and Trump did not discuss meddling in the presidential elections

Source

What about we wait for the mueller investigation to be over.

But who cares , there are still no credible proof as to actual votes tampering. So i will wait with my judgment until the fat clinton has sung.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Source

But who cares , there are still no credible proof as to actual votes tampering. So i will wait with my judgment until the fat clinton has sung.

Actual votes do not have to be tampered with to interfere in an election.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Source

If you don't want to discuss it then why enter the topic

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Source

Actual votes do not have to be tampered with to interfere in an election.

That is kinda ironic coming from you. Since that is what you argue with KOD over Sanders.

Anways yes it does. Unless you have a mindreading machine, you have no way of knowing if people actually were convinced by any of the "russian ads or fake news stories"

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk: What? No one was arguing vote tampering with Sanders.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, then why do you claim that is what "didn't happen" and therefore Clinton won fair.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, then why do you claim that is what "didn't happen" and therefore Clinton won fair.

WTF are you trying to say? Sanders was about the DNC and money. The general election is about Russian interference.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

As if he'd admit to it. For all we know trump knows Putin did interfere. I wonder about the timeliness of his call for Russia to release emails just five days I think after the emails to his campaign about having her emails.

Aside from both Hillary and Trump going to Russia for dirt on the other, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

The only thing people point to was a county voter registry hack in like... Arizona or something. Which is not something Putin would have any interest in.

im actually a bit shocked at the complete lack of critical thinking going on here, even with you. Not saying you should abandon the idea, but there's definitely a more reasonable conclusion to draw.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Aside from both Hillary and Trump going to Russia for dirt on the other, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

The only thing people point to was a county voter registry hack in like... Arizona or something. Which is not something Putin would have any interest in.

I'm not actually talking about the votes.....but do assume.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not actually talking about the votes.....but do assume.

Huh?

Did i mention votes? No, i said, "The only thing people point to was a county voter registry hack in like... Arizona or something. Which is not something Putin would have any interest in.". This hack is the only evidence of foul doing by anyone (in terms of hacks or actual manipulation) and i think its safe to say that was not Putin.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

WTF are you trying to say? Sanders was about the DNC and money. The general election is about Russian interference.

Not going to drag the whole DNC/Clinton/Sasnders debate in here. But go back and read your discussion with KOD, not that i don´t agree but it´s funny how things change when you are not on the losing side.

But let´s just say that there are absolute no evidence to back up actual votes being tampered with, so who cares if Russia bought some ads on Facecrap. Perhaps it will teach people not to get their news from that and try looking up more credible sources.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Source

The Mueller investigation isn't the only one looking into Russian Meddling. You're thinking of Russian Collusion.

I shouldn't have to tell you this. These are the basics. C'mon man.

Meddling has been confirmed by multiple IC agencies. For some reason Trump trusts Putin over the CIA, FBI, NSA, and DHS. This includes the DNC hack among other actions and/or attempts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not going to drag the whole DNC/Clinton/Sasnders debate in here. But go back and read your discussion with KOD, not that i don´t agree but it´s funny how things change when you are not on the losing side.

But let´s just say that there are absolute no evidence to back up actual votes being tampered with, so who cares if Russia bought some ads on Facecrap. Perhaps it will teach people not to get their news from that and try looking up more credible sources.

Why are you continuing with vote tampering? I have never discussed that with anyone about any election. Is your view so myopic that you think that is all interference is?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Source

The Mueller investigation isn't the only one looking into Russian Meddling. You're thinking of Russian Collusion.

Meddling has been confirmed by multiple IC agencies. For some reason Trump trusts Putin over the CIA, FBI, NSA, and DHS.

And? again unless there is proof of actual votes being tampered with, there is nothing to come after here.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zaryia

@kod said: i think its safe to say that was not Putin.

"The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed today what cybersecurity companies have asserted since emails from Democratic National Committee employees leaked online over the summer: State-sponsored Russian hackers are responsible for the breach."

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/07/u-s-attributes-dnc-hack-russia/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

And? again unless there is proof of actual votes being tampered with, there is nothing to come after here.

Don't move the goal post.

The United States IC confirms Russian meddling. Trump asked if Putin meddled,

Keep up.

So he literally thinks our IC is lying and Putin is telling the truth. There is no way around this.

(P.S: There is no way to know if ads which crossed 126 million users (not even factoring in twitter) and DNC leaks which resulted in negative press seen by 100's of millions did not effect any vote. But statistically, is that even possible that no vote was effected from this?)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Trump asked if Putin meddled. That is literally meddling according to our IC,

Keep up.

So he literally thinks our IC is lying and Putin is telling the truth.

Ok, so now you are moving the debate.

But who cares what Trump says? meddling or no meddling it's not proof of anything illegal and it does not make his win less legitimate.

The only way for his win to be illegitimate is if there is actual voter tampering.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KOD

@zaryia said:

Meddling has been confirmed by multiple IC agencies. For some reason Trump trusts Putin over the CIA, FBI, NSA, and DHS. This includes the DNC hack among other actions and/or attempts.

We don't know if the DNC was hacked because they "lost" their servers and the one's they still had, they refused to let anyone look at.

And the agencies that claimed meddling, i believe the article that started that was retracted by the publisher themselves for being untrue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk Please stop trying to change the topic, and then accusing me of changing the topic when I bring it back on topic. This is very annoying type of trolling.

The thread is about the confirmed Russian meddling being denied by Trump.

@drlostrib said:

Source

@zaryia said:

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Yet another day where the president is actively insulting the intelligence of Americans.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@Serraph105 said:

Yet another day where the president is actively insulting the intelligence of Americans.

Some of them don't actually have any intelligence to question it.........

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk Please stop trying to change the topic, and then accusing me of changing the topic when I bring it back on topic. This is very annoying type of trolling.

@zaryia said:

Keep up.

No shit Sherlock. And this thread is about the same normal shit you guys post.

Let´s all confirm that Trump says something we all disagree with. And sure there was some "meddling" on facebook and twitter but again it´s no proof of it also having a impact.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia

@kod said:

We don't know if the DNC was hacked because they "lost" their servers and the one's they still had, they refused to let anyone look at.

And the agencies that claimed meddling, i believe the article that started that was retracted by the publisher themselves for being untrue.

The DHS specifically confirmed this last month. The DNC was hacked by Russian state actors.

Multiple hearings since last February also show the FBI and NSA stating Russia did meddle. The previous chiefs of these agencies also agree with this assessment.

The FBI, CIA, National Security Agency and Office of the Director of National Intelligence also all agree that not only was the meddling the work of the Russians, but it was designed to help Republican Donald Trump's campaign and hurt Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@zaryia said:

Keep up.

Let´s all confirm that Trump says something we all disagree with. And sure there was some "meddling" on facebook and twitter but again it´s no proof of it also having a impact.

Well first of all it's stupid to say it didn't influence some people. And the investigation does continue...............

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@zaryia said:

Keep up.

Well first of all it's stupid to say it didn't influence some people. And the investigation does continue...............

Well you can claim whatever, but there is no actual proof.

And yes the investigation is going on and so far it´s all been a big nothing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk: No no it hasn't.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KOD

@zaryia said:

Meddling isn't up for debate anymore. The questions are now, was there collusion and how many votes were altered. We'll likely never know the latter.

I mean... it kind of is right? At least in the sense that the whole point would be to establish the measurable effects of meddling. And agencies have been very clear that nothing came of it and the DNC thing was them going off the word of the DNC... which, is nothing at this point. You have to be a moron to believe a single thing they say.

Im actually going to have to go with Jacanuk, at least partially on this one.

If you look at the timeline of events, what we knew be fore and after, what we are set up to combat, what we expect from other world powers, etc. It all just goes back to the DNC using this as a bullshit tactic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@kod said:
@zaryia said:

Meddling isn't up for debate anymore. The questions are now, was there collusion and how many votes were altered. We'll likely never know the latter.

I mean... it kind of is right? At least in the sense that the whole point would be to establish the measurable effects of meddling. And agencies have been very clear that nothing came of it and the DNC thing was them going off the word of the DNC... which, is nothing at this point. You have to be a moron to believe a single thing they say.

The intelligence community doesn't say it's nothing...........

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

If they have influenced by getting positive news about Trump to show up on many people's facebook wall, and negative news about Clinton... You don't want to know if they did that or not?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

If they have influenced by getting positive news about Trump to show up on many people's facebook wall, and negative news about Clinton... You don't want to know if they did that or not?

No because he's a trumpette......they hide from the truth.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kod said:
@zaryia said:

"intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election,"

"The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the director did not intend to suggest that it had,"

Asked then if Russia tried to influence the election, Pompeo responded: "Of course, and the one before that, and the one before that. They've been at this a hell of a long time."

The.... suggestion, the implication, seems to be nothing. It seems that they expected Russia to do this, Trump most likely was not involved, Hillary knew this of Russia so decided to use it as a political tool against Trump. They both went to Russia for dirt on the other. I mean... come on... we have to be honest here.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

No shit Sherlock.

I'm glad you agree Trump is wrong on the issue this thread is based on. Meddling.

@Jacanuk said:

And sure there was some "meddling" on facebook and twitter

And DNC Hacking. The facebook "meddling" reached 126 million users. Ads targeted swing states.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kod said:
@zaryia said:

"intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election,"

"The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the director did not intend to suggest that it had,"

Asked then if Russia tried to influence the election, Pompeo responded: "Of course, and the one before that, and the one before that. They've been at this a hell of a long time."

The.... suggestion, the implication, seems to be nothing. It seems that they expected Russia to do this, Trump most likely was not involved, Hillary knew this of Russia so decided to use it as a political tool against Trump. They both went to Russia for dirt on the other. I mean... come on... we have to be honest here.

So now you're back to votes again which I clearly said I'm not talking about. Congrats on beating a dead horse.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaryia

@kod said:
@zaryia said:

Meddling isn't up for debate anymore.

I mean... it kind of is right?

Not for the FBI, CIA, DHS, and NSA.

There was meddling. We aren't discussing how much it effected the vote. That is off-topic.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

No because he's a trumpette......they hide from the truth.

Easier to live under a rock.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KOD

@zaryia said:

And DNC Hacking.

Do you actually believe the DNC when they say this? You mentioned DHS, but DHS' only confirmation is them saying the DNC said it. The DNC also rejected the help of the DHS and then still claimed hacks. After everything we've seen from the DNC, you think they are being honest here? The people who made the claim of Russian hacking before it happened to them and they simply used it as a political reaction becasue the person running the show (Hillary) was mentored by one of the biggest role players in the cold war? A key figure in the old Russian red scare bullshit?

Come on man... id expect LJS to ignore all of this but not you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zaryia

@kod said:

Wrong.

On October 19, CIA Director Mike Pompeo took the stage at a prominent Washington think tank — and promptly told a lie.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/9/16620648/pompeo-cia-trump-russia

CIA corrects director's Russian election meddling claim

The "intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election," Pompeo said, speaking at an event hosted by Foundation for Defense of Democracies.The CIA issued a clarifying statement after Pompeo's remarks."The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the director did not intend to suggest that it had," agency spokesman Dean Boyd said.The public report by the Director of National Intelligence released in January stated that the intelligence community did "not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election."

His Republican came out. The rest of the CIA then corrected his statements.

Fact check your sources.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KOD

@zaryia said:
@kod said:
@zaryia said:

Meddling isn't up for debate anymore.

I mean... it kind of is right?

Not for the FBI, CIA, DHS, and NSA.

There was meddling. We aren't discussing how much it effected the vote. That is off-topic.

That should be the focus of the claim though since "meddling" is such a general and broad term. There's no point to it if "meddling" does not actually mean anything of value.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Apart from proving the fact that Russia meddled in our election.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zaryia

@kod said:
@zaryia said:

And DNC Hacking.

"The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed today what cybersecurity companies have asserted since emails from Democratic National Committee employees leaked online over the summer: State-sponsored Russian hackers are responsible for the breach."

If you can find valid and recent counter-citation i'll accept your position.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KOD

@zaryia said:
@kod said:

Wrong.

On October 19, CIA Director Mike Pompeo took the stage at a prominent Washington think tank — and promptly told a lie.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/9/16620648/pompeo-cia-trump-russia

CIA corrects director's Russian election meddling claim

The "intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election," Pompeo said, speaking at an event hosted by Foundation for Defense of Democracies.The CIA issued a clarifying statement after Pompeo's remarks."The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the director did not intend to suggest that it had," agency spokesman Dean Boyd said.The public report by the Director of National Intelligence released in January stated that the intelligence community did "not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election."

So like... whats wrong here?

Im not arguing the whole "meddling" thing, i think thats stupid because the whole point would be impact.

Where's the problem? On Jan 6th he said something and then AFTER investigations took place he said something different? That's the problem?

So... wait... i have to wrap my head around this.... is this really whats being said here? On Jan sixth he said they had not made an assessment of the impact", then investigations happen, then he says the meddling did not affect anything.... then reaffirmed it later on....... this is the problem?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zaryia

@kod said:

Where's the problem?

The CIA specifically said he was wrong after he made that statement in October 2017.

"The CIA issued a clarifying statement after Pompeo's remarks."The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the director did not intend to suggest that it had," agency spokesman Dean Boyd said.The public report by the Director of National Intelligence released in January stated that the intelligence community did "not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/politics/cia-pompeo-russia-meddling-election/index.html

But we aren't discussing how many votes were changed. Russia meddled. Trump is objectively wrong to believe Putin over the IC. That is all I'm saying.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@zaryia said:

And DNC Hacking.

Do you actually believe the DNC when they say this? You mentioned DHS, but DHS' only confirmation is them saying the DNC said it. The DNC also rejected the help of the DHS and then still claimed hacks. After everything we've seen from the DNC, you think they are being honest here? The people who made the claim of Russian hacking before it happened to them and they simply used it as a political reaction becasue the person running the show (Hillary) was mentored by one of the biggest role players in the cold war? A key figure in the old Russian red scare bullshit?

Yes I ignore when you post falsehoods. I'm not going to get in the mud with you. Fact is everything I've stated is true. Noting you stated is true.