Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

……bruh

https://apnews.com/article/liz-truss-jeremy-hunt-europe-government-and-politics-economy-bbe6c1eedfd9e05cd729c4b0862a05bb

And I thought American politics was a mess….🧐

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

Wow! Good riddance, either way! UK post Brexit is... something.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4361 Posts

dam that was fast.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Tries to do tax cuts for the rich.
Does not work out.
'Oh well, nothing else I can do, time to get the **** out.'

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Truss wasn't a new Thatcher. BoJo wasn't a new Churchill. It's time to look to the future instead of the past. If conservatives would've had the chance to decide: humanity would've never left the caves.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

She didn't seem like she should have the job but I'm not a UK citizen so I don't know how they felt about here.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

6 weeks? yikes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

Great news.

But the UK needs to look to the future, rather than sticking to the past. I would love to see a referendum that could hopefully undo brexit.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3860 Posts

@Icarian said:

Truss wasn't a new Thatcher. BoJo wasn't a new Churchill. It's time to look to the future instead of the past. If conservatives would've had the chance to decide: humanity would've never left the caves.

If liberals had been in charge they would never have been able to leave the caves.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I don’t think things will calm down once the tories get a new leader. The next year or two will be a difficult time for people in the UK. The mess in the UK did distract me from the chaotic situation in my Canadian province though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

If liberals had been in charge they would never have been able to leave the caves.

Jim, you are too full of hate. Stop dividing. Education is the key.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

How will conservatives lead us forward?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I would love to see a referendum that could hopefully undo brexit.

EU would not care about it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

The first signs of "leaving the caves" and forming a society are those stemming from liberal sensibilities.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3383 Posts

Brexit and voting for Boris were disasters nobody saw coming. 😄

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I honestly feel a bit bad for her. It’s not an easy position, and really an excruciatingly embarrassing departure. Some people just aren’t cut out to endure the heat.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3476 Posts

We need a general election now! The Tories are not fit for purpose.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 407 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

The first signs of "leaving the caves" and forming a society are those stemming from liberal sensibilities.

I'd have to argue that taking action is more of a conservative thing. The part about forming a society seems kind of like both from where I'm standing.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6857 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

Don't they arrest people in the UK now for offensive language? What an authoritarian shithole.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horgen  Moderator

@omegamaster said:

They would still do very well in an election, wouldn't they?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

Uh what? The more left/liberal a State, County, or Country the higher HDI or QOL it has on average.

Also many of these conservatives in UK are closer to the US left than the US right. Except maybe in a few areas. US is slanted rightwards.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 omegaMaster

@horgen said:
@omegamaster said:

I wouldn't think so. The Tories have destroyed the UK already. Anyone who takes over the Prime Minister's job would be corrupt anyway, but at the very least they can't be a mess like the tories.

I would rather take Boris Johnson as the successor of Liz Truss. I couldn't trust any of the tories, even Richi Sunak.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

If my country had a general election now (but it won't), Labour would wipe the floor with the Tories. Like 1997 all over again.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horgen  Moderator

@omegamaster said:
@horgen said:
@omegamaster said:

I wouldn't think so. The Tories have destroyed the UK already. Anyone who takes over the Prime Minister's job would be corrupt anyway, but at the very least they can't be a mess like the tories.

I would rather take Boris Johnson as the successor of Liz Truss. I couldn't trust any of the tories, even Richi Sunak.

Him? Really? Why not get the Tories out of power as soon as possible?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 omegaMaster

@horgen said:
@omegamaster said:
@horgen said:
@omegamaster said:

Him? Really? Why not get the Tories out of power as soon as possible?

Yeah, despite lying about breaking the covid rules, he's more competent with politics than Liz Truss at least. Only time will tell when the Tories will be out of power in the next few months or years. Let's face it, all politicians in the UK are corrupt, they will protect themselves too, not just about the public only.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

The Tories will become a "minnow" party. SNP will in all likelihood become the new opposition. Mean, Scotland has always hated the Tories so not much changing up here, diff is, the rest of the country now hate em'.

Basically be the 3-4 (rich) Torry areas keeping them on life-support.

Right now they are scrambling publicly demonstrating crabs-in-a-bucket, not to save the country, but their own rear behinds.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

She got a real ass kicking in parliament before she went, too.

Loading Video...

"I am a fighter! Not a quitter!"

*proceeds to quit*

Some good burns in there too. I really liked the book one: "A book is being written about the prime minister. Apparently it is going to be out by Christmas; is that the release date, or the title?" OOOOOOOOOOOH! BURN!

Good riddance. The world does not need conservatives like this, we need people that can lead us forward and regressive politics that maintain the status quo for the wealthy and privileged will not do anything for us.

I wish US politics was more like this in some ways. At least as far as the debate goes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

lol Tory boy living in an alternate dimension.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl

@rewgle said:
@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

I'd have to argue that taking action is more of a conservative thing. The part about forming a society seems kind of like both from where I'm standing.

The first signs of civilization are those showing assistance between members of said society. Evidence that people worked together to aid each other and accomplish feats they could not accomplish alone.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 super600  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

The Tories will become a "minnow" party. SNP will in all likelihood become the new opposition. Mean, Scotland has always hated the Tories so not much changing up here, diff is, the rest of the country now hate em'.

Basically be the 3-4 (rich) Torry areas keeping them on life-support.

Right now they are scrambling publicly demonstrating crabs-in-a-bucket, not to save the country, but their own rear behinds.

Nah. With truss the tories would have been obliterated but now that tuss is out it will be very hard for labour to win well over 400 seats in the next election.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zaryia

Countless studies show trickle down doesn't work. Who falls for this shit. Why do conservatives keep thinking it will magically work.

Trussonomics is dead. But it could still cause long-term damage (cnbc.com)

And Tim Sarson, U.K. head of tax policy at KPMG, told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Europe” that whatever the pros and cons of Truss’ economic vision on its own merits, “there couldn’t have been a worse time to start experimenting with that sort oftrickle-downpolicy.”

UK PM Liz Truss' 'trickle-down economics' is dead after U-turns (cnbc.com)

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6947 Posts

This is what happens when you have a delusional economic plan and your currency gets crushed because of it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Maroxad

In 45 days Liz Truss managed to wreck the pound, decimate the environment, and the reputation of the Tories. All over the pursuit of what economics that have repeatedly been proven not to work.

She will most likely go down in history as UK's worst PM, yet.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JimB

@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

Really, they would not be allowed because their migration would affect the climate with their foot steps causing dust. The wheel would never have been invented because it caused climate change and it also would have been considered racist somehow. That is the liberal mind ste now days.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

Really, they would not be allowed because their migration would affect the climate with their foot steps causing dust. The wheel would never have been invented because it caused climate change and it also would have been considered racist somehow. That is the liberal mind ste now days.

You know what happens when you wreck the environment? Your species goes extinct. That includes conservatives Jim.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zaryia
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

This is very dumb considering HDI and QOL stats. Like I told you before, the more left leaning a place the higher its quality of living. You're not making sense at a fact based stand point.

Also aren't most scientists and the tech industry left leaning as well?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

This is very dumb considering HDI and QOL stats. Like I told you before, the more left leaning a place the higher its quality of living. You're not making sense at a fact based stand point.

LOL using facts with the right here. I have yet to see facts matter to that faction.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup

Typical Tory bastards. Not about fixing the county but getting Boris back in because of their in-party fighting. Regardless of the fact, he's also, literally, one of the worst Prime Ministers the UK has had, and got chucked out, specifically for being corrupt and sleazy.

In fact, fight now he's being investigated right now lol

The sooner these arseholes are out the better. They've had their fun, now it's time to fuckoff.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator

6 weeks and 2 monarchs. More than any other prime minister for the last 70 years :P

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mercenary848

@horgen: we truly live in interesting times

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 super600  Moderator

@horgen said:

6 weeks and 2 monarchs. More than any other prime minister for the last 70 years :P

The funny thing is the last PM to serve a full term was david cameron. He started this mess and retired before it started.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

You know what happens when you wreck the environment? Your species goes extinct. That includes conservatives Jim.

Going green is wrecking the environment and will not achieve the objective goals. Progressive goals always achieve the opposite of their stated objective. The only thing they will accomplish is putting us back in caves. By the way there have been five specie extension events and CO2 was not one of them. It is natures way of starting over maybe we should start over.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mercenary848

@JimB: Bro this is what I’m been talking about. You can’t even help yourself can you?

In don’t have time but I’m sure most people could just scroll through your post log and see you have a whole identity of basically being the guy who is just folding his arms and saying “any liberal/progressive idea is bad”.

Like the lack of time deafness and self awareness. I’m genuinely curious lol, what happened too you in order for you too sacrifice your sense of objectivity for a blind hate of anything you perceive as progressive?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maroxad

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@Icarian said:

From my experience.

Scientists are overwhelmingly leaning left, tech industry however, is a bit more mixed, but I noticed that lead engineers tend to lean left on social issues mostly.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Maroxad
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

Going green is wrecking the environment and will not achieve the objective goals. Progressive goals always achieve the opposite of their stated objective. The only thing they will accomplish is putting us back in caves. By the way there have been five specie extension events and CO2 was not one of them. It is natures way of starting over maybe we should start over.

Sweden is an economic powerhouse, and that country has a CO2 emission of less than 4 tonnes per capita. What are you talking about?

Also Liz Truss's failures had to do with hastily pushing Reaganomics, while not putting any infrastructure in place to support such an agenda.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 uninspiredcup

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 uninspiredcup

context - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/iceberg-lettuce-in-blonde-wig-outlasts-liz-truss

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mattbbpl

@Maroxad: We have to keep learning these economic lessons over, and over, and over again.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zaryia
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

By the way there have been five specie extension events and CO2 was not one of them. It is natures way of starting over maybe we should start over.

What?