Poll: Most Republicans support assault weapons ban, despite Trump saying 'no appetite'

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Xabiss said:
@joebones5000 said:

New poll 66% of Americans want assault weapons, like the AR15, banned.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/457481-two-thirds-support-assault-weapons-ban-fox-news-poll

But this discredits the poll that was posted by the OP. Just shows polls really do not add up to anything. Always find it funny when a liberal post Fox news as proof only when it fits their narrative. ROFLMAO!

Forty-six percent of Republicans said they are in favor of a ban.

Oh no. Two completely different pollsters are 4% different from each other. Both showing most Americans want them banned. One showing most Republicans, another showing a large chunk of Republicans. Far from "no appetite".

Completely discredited.

What will I ever do.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:

WTF It has the definition of what we are talking about. Seriously you have to be a millennial. Please tell me you are because you seem about a dense as AOC. The actual post was about the majority of conservatives support a ban on AW. This poll showed a 9 point difference between the two polls which is not within the margin of error. Seriously WTF is wrong with you? The OP said as FACT that the majority of conservatives support a ban on AW and this discredits that poll. Good lord you need some serious help.

I have asked you time and time again what the definition is because you say we are wrong about our definition. So if we are wrong WTF is an AW then? So let me finally post it since you are so damn dense:

When I looked at the other oft-praised policies, I found out that no gunowner walks into the store to buy an "assault weapon." It's an invented classification that includes any semi-automatic that has two or more features, such as a bayonet mount, arocket-propelled grenade-launcher mount, a folding stock or a pistol grip. But guns are modular, and any hobbyist can easily add these features at home, just as if they were snapping together Legos.

BTW this was written by an antigunner, but unlike you he knows how to research. Because we all know a pistol grip and folding stock makes guns more lethal. ROFLAMO!

I know there are some big words that you may not understand, but from previous post you seem to know how to use a dictionary. The bad part is I think you may have to use it for about 90% of that paragraph above. I am actual trying to help you learn something so you actual sound intelligent in a debate. I just feel sorry for you now because you have a lot to learn!

The topic is about most Americans supporting banning assault weapons like the AR15 and you're rage babbling on and on about grenade launchers. ROFLMAO!

You are about as sharp as a bowling ball. I didn't say anything about grenade launchers. That was an excerpt of what most people think an assault weapon is genius.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:
@joebones5000 said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/457481-two-thirds-support-assault-weapons-ban-fox-news-poll

But this discredits the poll that was posted by the OP. Just shows polls really do not add up to anything. Always find it funny when a liberal post Fox news as proof only when it fits their narrative. ROFLMAO!

Oh no. Two completely different pollsters are 4% different from each other. Both showing most Americans want them banned. One showing most Republicans, another showing a large chunk of Republicans. Far from "no appetite".

Completely discredited.

What will I ever do.

So I guess you could be wrong. Thanks! The original argument was the fact you said that most republicans want AR banned. Now you are trying to change the narrative after this poll shows the majority doesn't. Read you original post. You even went so far and called it a fact later on.

I don't give two shit what liberals think on this matter because 80% of them can't even define what the difference is between a rifle and a pistol or what an AR even is. You two liberals in here have proven that fact. You just scared of loud noises when less then .001% of guns cause any harm in this country.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Xabiss

@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:
@joebones5000 said:

Completely discredited.

What will I ever do.

So I guess you could be wrong. Thanks! The original argument was the fact you said that most republicans want AR banned. Now you are trying to change the narrative after this poll shows the majority doesn't. Read you original post. You even went so far and called it a fact later on.

I don't give two shit what liberals think on this matter because 80% of them can't even define what the difference is between a rifle and a pistol or what an AR even is. You two liberals in here have proven that fact. You just scared of loud noises when less then .001% of guns cause any harm in this country.

Oh. For someone who doesn't care, you sure are replying a heck of a lot.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20rifle

:)

To much fun making you all look like the tools that you are. You make it easy! I don't even have to work for it. What is a military style weapon then? AR15s are not really used in the military in any capacity. Why can't you define it yourself without having to be a Google Warrior? Why did MW change the definition 2 years ago?

I know you will deflect again because liberals don't really answer questions.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Zaryia
@Xabiss said:

1. The poll I linked is not wrong. It's an estimate, and for that specific time. A poll 1 week later is expected to be different, or from another pollster. At the time Trump said there was no "appetite" among Republicans, so he was objectively wrong.

The new poll link comes close to that prior estimate, but was taken afterwards. A change is expected. As more as time goes on after a mass shooting AR Ban sentimentdies down a bit historically. So that's also understandable.

2. Fox Polls have a slight conservative tilt.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

3. Even if it was just 40%, that's still proving Trump wrong. That's an appetite.

Nothing I stated was incorrect. You're reaching.

P.S Stop lying, Page 1:

I didn't say these polls were facts. They are good estimations though.

Most Americans want background checks (~90%). Currently most Americans want assault weapon bans (~70%). I can say that with a high level of confidence going by the error margin of these polls.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Zaryia
@Xabiss said:

To much fun making you all look like the tools that you are. You make it easy! I don't even have to work for it. What is a military style weapon then? AR15s are not really used in the military in any capacity. Why can't you define it yourself without having to be a Google Warrior? Why did MW change the definition 2 years ago?

You seem really upset at the fact that most Americans want your killing toy banned.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:

You seem really upset at the fact that most Americans want your killing toy banned.

I don't give two shits what the majority of liberals think to be honest. Just like liberals really don't care people die from guns. They are just the emotional party that is running on the platform of free handouts. Seems the only ones upset are the ones that don't understand guns and that we need to fix this issue at the source gangs, far right/left groups, mental health, and suicide prevention. That is the way to lower gun deaths in this country, not stripping rights away because people don't have the common sense to actually help people with issues!

We will never agree so I am done with this. Bye Felicia!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Zaryia
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:

I don't give two shits what the majority of liberals think to be honest.

A majority of this country.

Not just liberals.

This isn't a disagreement, you're just factually wrong.

HeadtripHippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#212 HeadtripHippie
Member since 2013 • 109 Posts

Only 39% of respondents (759 out of 1641) are Republican/lean Republican. The sample size is too small to draw the conclusion in the op. The question is assault style weapons, not assault weapons, with no definition of what that is so it depends on what the respondent thinks an assault style weapon is. Perhaps I missed it but I don't see a breakdown of Republican specific response to the question just a general response from all polled. This would be required to support the op.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@headtriphippie said:

Only 39% of respondents (759 out of 1641) are Republican/lean Republican. The sample size is too small to draw the conclusion in the op. The question is assault style weapons, not assault weapons, with no definition of what that is so it depends on what the respondent thinks an assault style weapon is. Perhaps I missed it but I don't see a breakdown of Republican specific response to the question just a general response from all polled. This would be required to support the op.

The sample size is large enough, however it is less accurate, meaning the +- % will be larger.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#214 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@horgen said:
@headtriphippie said:

The sample size is large enough, however it is less accurate, meaning the +- % will be larger.

Kinda yes and no.

a decent workable sample size for an opinion poll is around 1200-1500, so while the total size is fine, the ratio Republican to democratic/independent is not.

If you want to conclude what the thread starter did.

HeadtripHippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215 HeadtripHippie
Member since 2013 • 109 Posts

@Jacanuk: @horgen:Even fewer people identify as Republican (32% or 627 of 1690 total). The percentage of Republicans who agree with a ban could be as low as 2% of the total respondents. Since the Poll does not appear to break out political party for this question we have no way of knowing how large the percentage of Republicans is who support the ban. I see no evidence in the poll data to support the op.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Kinda yes and no.

a decent workable sample size for an opinion poll is around 1200-1500, so while the total size is fine, the ratio Republican to democratic/independent is not.

If you want to conclude what the thread starter did.

1200-1500 is kinda odd numbers,although it depends entirely on how accurate you want it to and if you wish to break it further down. You need slightly less than 1100 for a 3% margin of error. 600 something for a margin of error at 4%. Less than 400 for 5%. On the other hand you need well over 2000 for 2% margin of error.. With 95% confidence.

So going by the 627 number given by @headtriphippie you get 55% +- 4 %.

@headtriphippie said:

@Jacanuk: @horgen:Even fewer people identify as Republican (32% or 627 of 1690 total). The percentage of Republicans who agree with a ban could be as low as 2% of the total respondents. Since the Poll does not appear to break out political party for this question we have no way of knowing how large the percentage of Republicans is who support the ban. I see no evidence in the poll data to support the op.

It's fair to assume the number of Republicans line up with the national average.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#217 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Seeing what America elects as their president, I do not support it.