Poll: Most Republicans support assault weapons ban, despite Trump saying 'no appetite'

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@horgen said:

Polls will never reflect votes when votes aren't weighted 1:1 as happens in polls.

That is highly inaccurate and untrue statement there.

Also, polls do not work 1 to 1, the numbers are based on a random sample size where statistically 1500-2500 people are weighed as a most accurate sample size.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Polls will never reflect votes when votes aren't weighted 1:1 as happens in polls.

Also, polls do not work 1 to 1, the numbers are based on a random sample size where statistically 1500-2500 people are weighed as a most accurate sample size.

How is it untrue?

If 500 out of 1500 goes for option C, that means option C got 33% which would be reflected in a poll, while in an election, due to other factors, option C could get everything from 20% to 45% in representation with 33% of the vote.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:

That's not deflection, becase you brought up Legislators which makes no sense as the votes are not 1:1 for states. Which is why there is far more Red Areas on a US Map yet far more BLUE VOTERS.

National opinion polls are generally accurate. The 2016 ones had a 1.2% error and correctly measured the winner.

Can you prove the polls I linked in the OP are inaccurate?

I didn't say these polls were facts. They are good estimations though.

Most Americans want background checks (~90%). Currently most Americans want assault weapon bans (~70%). I can say that with a high level of confidence going by the error margin of these polls.

Just like how I can say most Americans disapprove of Trump's job performance, are against abortion bans, against deporting Dreamers, against Trump's wall, for Net Neutrality, for taxing the very rich, etc.

It´s most certainly a deflection, not to mention it´s accurate assessment when you claim something in your headline.

And I do not care that you claim "national polls" are accurate, it does not have any bearing on the truth or the facts that most republicans clearly do not want an assault ban or any more strict gun control, because if they did they would not vote for people going against those ideals.

2020 is around the corner so let´s see what happens there, if the polls are accurate then we will see a rise in candidates who are for these things being voted into office, if not well the proof is in the budding.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

It´s most certainly a deflection

Not it wasn't, I was simply addressing your point on Legislators. I'm telling you how a party can have more Legislators yet less votes.

@Jacanuk said:

And I do not care that you claim "national polls" are accurate, it does not have any bearing on the truth or the facts that most republicans clearly do not want an assault ban or any more strict gun control, because if they did they would not vote for people going against those ideals.

That's not how any of this works. Polling for 1 issue is not 1:1 for how people will vote, much less an issue that isn't even in the top 3.

People aren't all one issue voters, the top issue is not gun control, and public sentiment changes after months of no shootings.

90% of Americans want universal background checks. Currently most Republicans support assault weapon bans. There is no indication these polls are inaccurate. I will continue to use them and cite the margin of error written in their methodology pages.

You have offered zero proof they are wrong. I mean actual proof, not bogus theories.

@Jacanuk said:

2020 is around the corner so let´s see what happens there, if the polls are accurate then we will see a rise in candidates who are for these things being voted into office, if not well the proof is in the budding.

That's stupid and not how it works. People aren't all 1 issue voters and gun control is not usually the top voting issue for those who are.

It wasn't even in the top 4 issues for last year,

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244367/top-issues-voters-healthcare-economy-immigration.aspx

You have offered zero evidence my poll is incorrect or inaccurate. You are giving dodgy arm-chair theory.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

You are making stuff up now and have no clue how polling works.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:

Not it wasn't, I was simply addressing your point on Legislators. I'm telling you how a party can have more Legislators yet less votes.

That's not how any of this works. Polling for 1 issue is not 1:1 for how people will vote, much less an issue that isn't even in the top 3.

People aren't all one issue voters, the top issue is not gun control, and public sentiment changes after months of no shootings.

90% of Americans want universal background checks. Currently most Republicans support assault weapon bans. There is no indication these polls are inaccurate. I will continue to use them and cite the margin of error written in their methodology pages.

You have offered zero proof they are wrong. I mean actual proof, not bogus theories.

That's stupid and not how it works. People aren't all 1 issue voters and gun control is not usually the top voting issue for those who are.

It wasn't even in the top 4 issues for last year,

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244367/top-issues-voters-healthcare-economy-immigration.aspx

You have offered zero evidence my poll is incorrect or inaccurate. You are giving dodgy arm-chair theory.

You were deflecting and you keep doing it because the facts do not line up with a freebie opinion poll, which has zero relevance.

And sure people are not one-issue voters, no one should be but that does not line up with your statement and your headline

So if 90% want something I guess when it comes to voting, 90% don´t really want that anyways right, since it´s a low priority which again makes your whole thread a moot point.

It´s like saying 100% want to have a million-dollar in their bank when only 5% does something about it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

the facts do not line up with a freebie opinion poll, which has zero relevance.

Huh? What?

Which facts did you bring to the table that refute the polls I linked in the Original Post?

Care to link this data again? I must have missed it.

@Jacanuk said:

And sure people are not one-issue voters, no one should be but that does not line up with your statement and your headline

Gun Control didn't even make the top 4 voter issues in 2018.

This poll is not going to line up with voting. It's not a "who will win in 2020 poll". It's a poll on 1 issue.

@Jacanuk said:

So if 90% want something I guess when it comes to voting, 90% don´t really want that anyways right, since it´s a low priority

Correct. Gun Control is not one of the top 3 major issues. However, 90% of the USA still wants universal background checks.

Both can be true! (And are true, until you prove otherwise with a link showing different polling this week).

@Jacanuk said:

It´s like saying 100% want to have a million-dollar in their bank when only 5% does something about it.

What did I just read.

This is shit. Bring some data to directly refute my polls. Show their methodology was wrong or use another recent poll that shows the opposite.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:

Huh? What?

Which facts did you bring to the table that refute the polls I linked in the Original Post?

Care to link this data again? I must have missed it.

Gun Control didn't even make the top 4 voter issues in 2018.

This poll is not going to line up with voting. It's not a "who will win in 2020 poll". It's a poll on 1 issue.

Correct. Gun Control is not one of the top 3 major issues. However, 90% of the USA still wants universal background checks.

Both can be true! (And are true, until you prove otherwise with a link showing different polling this week).

What did I just read.

This is shit. Bring some data to directly refute my polls. Show their methodology was wrong or use another recent poll that shows the opposite.

Again go look up who control the most state legislatures.

Gun control is not a new issue and stricter control has been on the table since before mid-terms.

Ok, so you agree that gun control does not line up in importance, then what is your point? sure 90% say yes to stricter control but if that does not line up to actual votes, the whole debate is moot.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with this poll.

Please offer a link debunking my poll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Ha. What are these new polls saying?

Fact of the matter is criminals like gangs and dealers have guns. So you want gun control, start there. Not only are these the majority of the shootings on a day to day basis, theyre probably mostly black market weapons.

With that said how can anybody be against someones right to own a firearm?

Southside chicago is like a warzone in parts. There are literally kids riding bikes with guns.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zaryia
@heirren said:

It's in my opening post.

@heirren said:

They aren't. Just military weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@zaryia said:
@heirren said:

It's in my opening post.

@heirren said:

They aren't. Just military weapons.

Im confused, Trump said he was for stricter background checks. So arent military grade weapons illegal, anyways?

Im not even sure what he meant in saying "no appetite for." The article doesnt really give context.

It would be a sad day if there ever came a need for people to own such weapons. Granted, can you blame people tho? Given our violent history can you blame US citizens for maybe wanting assault weapons. It seems impossible but *what if* the US was invaded? I think this is why people want more freedom in defense, even if an assault rifle is technically an attack weapon.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with this poll.

Please offer a link debunking my poll.

Of course, it has something to do with the polls.

One thing is opinions which is useless when it´s not backed up by actions.

So again what is your point? that 90% does not give a shit about gun control?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@joebones5000: The AR15 isnt an assault weapon, but at least your trolling was a tad bit better that post, still craps but better.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

The solution to this debate is to have a national vote on the issue. If both sides are so sure of their position then there should be no objection from their political leadership.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Of course, it has something to do with the polls.

One thing is opinions which is useless when it´s not backed up by actions.

So again what is your point? that 90% does not give a shit about gun control?

Interesting theories and opinions.

But this is a simple issue poll. It's not useless, it lets us know public opinion.

90% of Americans want Universal Background checks.

70% of Americans want an assault weapons ban.

I'm just stating public sentiment, I'm sorry if you disagree with most Americans as you appear to on most issues.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Assault weapons... lol. People don't even know what they are talking about. Assault rifles have been banned for many years.

Also, in case you didn't know background checks are required. The very vast majority of the problem isnt from the legal guns that people own responsibly most of the problems come from illegally owned firearms or unregistered weapons.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Assault weapons... lol. People don't even know what they are talking about. Assault rifles have been banned for many years.

Also, in case you didn't know background checks are required. The very vast majority of the problem isnt from the legal guns that people own responsibly most of the problems come from illegally owned firearms or unregistered weapons.

None of this is actual factual..........

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Considering the frequency at which mass shootings now occur, the little to no changes that has been made to gun laws in the US the past years, the fact that Amnesty international now advice travelers to the US to avoid areas and events with large groups of people as a result and that there will likely not be any gun legislation since most tend to point at Social media and various entertainment medium as the faults people go out and start shooting.

Maybe it'd be better to make it mandatory for those in the US to wear Kevlar vests whenever they are outside of their own home, at least then the fatalities will be reduced and to make it more appealing they could be customizable with patches and various colors.

Just a thought. Considering one's discussing to put armed retired cops and soldiers in public places and various establishments such as schools, is having the general population wearing Kevlar vests as a safety measure such a farfetched idea?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Treflis said:

Considering the frequency at which mass shootings now occur, the little to no changes that has been made to gun laws in the US the past years, the fact that Amnesty international now advice travelers to the US to avoid areas and events with large groups of people as a result and that there will likely not be any gun legislation since most tend to point at Social media and various entertainment medium as the faults people go out and start shooting.

Maybe it'd be better to make it mandatory for those in the US to wear Kevlar vests whenever they are outside of their own home, at least then the fatalities will be reduced and to make it more appealing they could be customizable with patches and various colors.

Just a thought. Considering one's discussing to put armed retired cops and soldiers in public places and various establishments such as schools, is having the general population wearing Kevlar vests as a safety measure such a farfetched idea?

Should start selling My Little Pony Kevlar vests. I'm gonna make millions :P

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

What law would you pass that would stop mass shootings? Murder is already against the law. Hate crime is against the law. That doesn't anyone. People are calling for background checks for signs of s mental disorder. Who is going to make that determination? So another feel-good law will be passed that will do nothing and the politicians can say look what we did, we can sleep better at night knowing we passed a feel-good law.

In the Columbine School Shooting besides being armed with guns they also had pipe bombs. One poster on another thread wanted swords to be used and within the last week we in separate cities we had random people attacked and killed with knives.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Polls can be very wrong just ask the Clintons. Again people really need to take some grad school level research classes. It will really open your eyes how a lot of this works and how you can control the narrative. A lot of questions have to be asked to know if the poll had any bias or how people were selected to take the poll.

Also using the term Assault Weapon really controls the narrative of the poll. If you asked me that question I would say yes to, but I understand that an AR15, AR10, AK47, etc. etc. is not technically an assault weapon and that they are just semi automatic sporting rifles. Assault weapons are already banned unless you go through a crazy process to get a stamp to have one. Assault weapons tend to have selective fire with full, burst, and single. So yes asking the question does have an effect on how you answer the question because it isn't technically correct. The better way to ask the question would be should modern day semi automatic sporting rifles like the AR15 be banned.

Look at the weapons below. The majority of people on this planet would say they are different, but they are exactly the same gun with the same rate of fire. It is just the media has demonized the gun on top as being this big scary gun. Yes, it looks like a weapon the military uses, but they are not the same. Rifles in this country kill less people then knives, fist, bludgeoning weapons, and even ladders. They are not the most popular ways of killing people. Hell even a guy with a knife killed 4 people in LA which is considered a mass murder and there is nothing at all on the TV about it.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/08/07/4-dead-several-critically-injured-in-garden-grove-attack/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zaryia
@Xabiss said:

Polls can be very wrong just ask the Clintons.

Those polls were right, on average.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:

Polls can be very wrong just ask the Clintons.

Those polls were right, on average.

A lot of polls were wrong because they said she would win the electoral college. I also like that you totally ignored all the rest of my point. Sorry both sides use polls incorrectly and it is really hard to trust any of it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
@Xabiss said:

A lot of polls were wrong because they said she would win the electoral college.

Those weren't polls. You are thinking electorate predictions by pundits.

National opinion polls (like the ones I used) were correct on average. Most people lean left on most issues. Which is why Dems get more voters.

@Xabiss said:

Sorry both sides use polls incorrectly and it is really hard to trust any of it.

Nah.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:

A lot of polls were wrong because they said she would win the electoral college.

Those weren't polls. You are thinking electorate predictions by pundits.

National opinion polls (like the ones I used) were correct on average. Most people lean left on most issues. Which is why Dems get more voters.

@Xabiss said:

Sorry both sides use polls incorrectly and it is really hard to trust any of it.

Nah.

And what do they use for predictions? They use state polls which there are news stories that they were a complete mess. I will agree the national poll was very close, but it just proves that polls are not always accurate and they can and do have bias.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@joebones5000 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Why do people like you work so hard to lie about things that are so easily proven false??? It makes no sense at all.

The 2 most recent mass shootings were with legal guns. I am sure we'll see the same pattern with the rest.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20weapon

: any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms especially : assault rifle

assault rifle

: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

lol... oh look one of those misinformed people that have probably never even fired a gun arguing with an expert and trained instructor (oh boy)... Look bud, let me give you a little lesson in reality ok?

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle (which has been illegal since 1994 in the civilian market) a semi-automatic rifle like an AR-15 which stands for Armalite rifle (the company who first produced the rifles, and not assault rifle like many people seem to think) are sold to civilians and are semi-automatic ONLY (in other words it doesn't have the ability to set it to fully automatic) ((although that crap you highlighted is pretty funny... wrong, but funny)) These are used as sports rifles, hunting rifles, or personal defense rifles, but NOT assault rifles which would require the ability for the weapon to fire in full automatic, and don't even get me started on "assault weapons" lmfao.... there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" unless you are calling assault rifles "assault weapons" which is dumb. Assault weapon is improper terminology fabricated and used by politicians and anti-gun enthusiasts to try to gain some sort of leverage over unprepared opponents in recent years. Giving the term "assault weapon" to many different groups and large categories of firearms is not only misleading, but also mass generalization to try and confuse people into believing that semi-automatic sportsman rifles (which are fully legal in the civilian sector) and fully automatic weaponry and/or assault rifles (which are only legal in the military, certain law enforcement agencies, or private contracting/specific licensing) are the same thing... which they most definitely are not.

I am a retired Marine and did two combat tours in Iraq. I am also a foreign weapons expert and have been fully trained on 26,000 weapon systems, but please tell me more about what you read online. These idiots talking about "assault weapons" are tool bags. That is a moniker that has been attached in recent years (improperly) to help fill an agenda for those uninformed enough to buy into the lies, and to try to help their own personal cause in the fight against legal firearm ownership.

I also said absolutely nothing about these two cases, so putting words in my mouth is pointless and asinine. I am talking about the vast majority of firearm violence which is much more prevalent.

I'm not lying about shit, but you are truly misinformed and should really brush up on your facts... it isn't my fault you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and are one of the people I was referring to in the first place and did absolutely nothing but to prove my point.

People can't just give guns monikers (regardless of who they are) and say "that is what they are" that isn't how it works... you can't just mold things to your narrative to try and help your argument.. regardless of whether or not you want to. In other words, you can't call a pear an apple just because you don't want to call it a pear, or because it hurts your feelings or argument. Sure, they are both types of fruit, but they are different... you can't just say that all fruit is the same... just like you can't classify all weapons as "assault weapons" (not that it makes any sense anyway..) An assault rifle is fully automatic, so to say that semi-automatic rifles are "assault" anything makes absolutely no sense at all and is meant to deceive.

This new Democratic legislative bullshit drove home by people, like you, that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and believe everything they see, hear, and read online is absolutely hilarious.. Do yourself a favor and get schooled up before arguing with someone who has put hundreds of thousands if not millions of rounds downrange, is a certified weapons expert, and a foreign special forces instructor.

You get nothing... good day sir.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@horgen said:
@Treflis said:

Should start selling My Little Pony Kevlar vests. I'm gonna make millions :P

Exactly.
Safety and capitalism merged into one nationwide market. Kinda surprised the US hasn't done it yet.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

It would happen if you made the bulletproof vest chic. People would rather die (literally) than to be caught in one of those in public.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Xabiss

@joebones5000 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

lol... oh look one of those misinformed people that have probably never even fired a gun arguing with an expert and trained instructor (oh boy)... Look bud, let me give you a little lesson in reality ok?

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle (which has been illegal since 1994 in the civilian market) a semi-automatic rifle like an AR-15 which stands for Armalite rifle (the company who first produced the rifles, and not assault rifle like many people seem to think) are sold to civilians and are semi-automatic ONLY (in other words it doesn't have the ability to set it to fully automatic) ((although that crap you highlighted is pretty funny... wrong, but funny)) These are used as sports rifles, hunting rifles, or personal defense rifles, but NOT assault rifles which would require the ability for the weapon to fire in full automatic, and don't even get me started on "assault weapons" lmfao.... there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" unless you are calling assault rifles "assault weapons" which is dumb. Assault weapon is improper terminology fabricated and used by politicians and anti-gun enthusiasts to try to gain some sort of leverage over unprepared opponents in recent years. Giving the term "assault weapon" to many different groups and large categories of firearms is not only misleading, but also mass generalization to try and confuse people into believing that semi-automatic sportsman rifles (which are fully legal in the civilian sector) and fully automatic weaponry and/or assault rifles (which are only legal in the military, certain law enforcement agencies, or private contracting/specific licensing) are the same thing... which they most definitely are not.

I am a retired Marine and did two combat tours in Iraq. I am also a foreign weapons expert and have been fully trained on 26,000 weapon systems, but please tell me more about what you read online. These idiots talking about "assault weapons" are tool bags. That is a moniker that has been attached in recent years (improperly) to help fill an agenda for those uninformed enough to buy into the lies, and to try to help their own personal cause in the fight against legal firearm ownership.

I also said absolutely nothing about these two cases, so putting words in my mouth is pointless and asinine. I am talking about the vast majority of firearm violence which is much more prevalent.

I'm not lying about shit, but you are truly misinformed and should really brush up on your facts... it isn't my fault you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and are one of the people I was referring to in the first place and did absolutely nothing but to prove my point.

People can't just give guns monikers (regardless of who they are) and say "that is what they are" that isn't how it works... you can't just mold things to your narrative to try and help your argument.. regardless of whether or not you want to. In other words, you can't call a pear an apple just because you don't want to call it a pear, or because it hurts your feelings or argument. Sure, they are both types of fruit, but they are different... you can't just say that all fruit is the same... just like you can't classify all weapons as "assault weapons" (not that it makes any sense anyway..) An assault rifle is fully automatic, so to say that semi-automatic rifles are "assault" anything makes absolutely no sense at all and is meant to deceive.

This new Democratic legislative bullshit drove home by people, like you, that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and believe everything they see, hear, and read online is absolutely hilarious.. Do yourself a favor and get schooled up before arguing with someone who has put hundreds of thousands if not millions of rounds downrange, is a certified weapons expert, and a foreign special forces instructor.

You get nothing... good day sir.

You went on a tangent about democrats, then claimed the dictionary is wrong. lol. Some weapons expert. The AR15 is an assault weapon. Sorry.

Actually you are wrong and what @WitIsWisdom is telling you the truth. Merriam-Webster actually changed the definition of this word to fit the narrative fairly recently. I am not going to be one to say they did it for political reasons, but sometimes they do it when enough people wrong/right use a word for a certain reason. Definition of words change based on how it is being used quite a bit.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/03/31/merriam-webster-online-dictionary-changes-definition-assault-rifle/

Sooooooo.... You are arguing something you know absolutely nothing about. So please tell me the differences between the two rifles below since you seem to be such an expert on guns.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Xabiss

@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:

Actually you are wrong and what @WitIsWisdom is telling you the truth. Merriam-Webster actually changed the definition of this word to fit the narrative fairly recently. I am not going to be one to say they did it for political reasons, but sometimes they do it when enough people wrong/right use a word for a certain reason. Definition of words change based on how it is being used quite a bit.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/03/31/merriam-webster-online-dictionary-changes-definition-assault-rifle/

Sooooooo.... You are arguing something you know absolutely nothing about. So please tell me the differences between the two rifles below since you seem to be such an expert on guns.

You can babble as much as you want and post as much nonsense as you want from as many right-wing loony web sites as you want, but that doesn't change facts.

The AR15 has been classified as an assault weapon since 94 when it was banned as one. I have history and the dictionary on my side. You two clowns have nothing but emotional reactions. sorry, but it's an assault weapon.

Dude then explain why the definition was just recently changed in MW then? Also please explain the differences between the two rifles I posted to you. See what we are proving is that you know absolutely nothing about guns. Also did you know AR15s kill less people then the majority of other weapons, but for some reason this is the gun you all are scared of. Knives, bludgeoning weapons, and even fist more kill people then AR15's but they are the scary thing.

So again you know absolutely nothing about guns.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Is this one also "scary" to some of you? It is a semi-auto ya know.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Xabiss

@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:

Dude then explain why the definition was just recently changed in MW then? Also please explain the differences between the two rifles I posted to you. See what we are proving is that you know absolutely nothing about guns. Also did you know AR15s kill less people then the majority of other weapons, but for some reason this is the gun you all are scared of. Knives, bludgeoning weapons, and even fist more kill people then AR15's but they are the scary thing.

What you have written is 100% irrelevant, and you making emotional arguments bout other weapons doesn't change it. The AR15 has been an assault weapon since 1994, and common use of the term "assault weapon" is defined as such. I can't help that you fell for stupid right-wing propaganda spread online that says it is not.

That is what I thought and what I said is 100% relevant when you can't even argue against it. You can't even answer the simple questions of why MW changed the definition only recently changed and the question about the two guns. This just makes you look like a buffoon that knows nothing about what they are talking about. Thanks for proving my point that you shouldn't be the one speaking about guns because it is now very obvious you know absolutely nothing about what you are even talking about.

Thanks that was an easy damn win! :) Thanks for proving all of my points that you are a gun idiot.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Xabiss said:
@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:

You can babble as much as you want and post as much nonsense as you want from as many right-wing loony web sites as you want, but that doesn't change facts.

The AR15 has been classified as an assault weapon since 94 when it was banned as one. I have history and the dictionary on my side. You two clowns have nothing but emotional reactions. sorry, but it's an assault weapon.

Yeah... he has absolutely no idea at all what he is talking about. I inserted a little test, and as I figured he failed miserably. AR15's are not illegal... dude is trying to act like he knows what he is talking about by using google searches, not to mention full autos were actually banned in 86 and imports were banned in 94 through 04 by the Clinton administration, and full autos are legal to buy pre 86 with a tax stamp and following a per state legislation. I figured if he had any idea at all of what he was talking about he would have corrected me immediately... which not only didn't happen, it never happened at all... Not even just that, he took the bait and ran with it, making himself look even more uneducated.

He doesn't seem to understand that AR stands from Armalite, which is just the company that originally made the rifles and there are many different companies that make very similar firearms. It isn't a specific gun, it is a class of firearms and there are many like it. What makes the rifles legal or illegal is the fire rate and the year in which it was produced.

It's not worth arguing with someone who is talking out of their ass and exposed themselves as an uneducated blowhard with an agenda... I guess some people's parents never taught them not to argue about things they know nothing about.

Not only is he completely wrong with just about everything he stated, but he is also arguing with someone who dealt with the specifics and was trained and later trained others on the firearms in question. Brilliant.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zaryia
@joebones5000 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Xabiss said:

Yeah... he has absolutely no idea at all what he is talking about. I inserted a little test, and as I figured he failed miserably. AR15's are not illegal... dude is trying to act like he knows what he is talking about by using google searches, not to mention full autos were actually banned in 86 and imports were banned in 94 through 04 by the Clinton administration, and full autos are legal to buy pre 86 with a tax stamp and following a per state legislation. I figured if he had any idea at all of what he was talking about he would have corrected me immediately... which not only didn't happen, it never happened at all... Not even just that, he took the bait and ran with it, making himself look even more uneducated.

He doesn't seem to understand that AR stands from Armalite, which is just the company that originally made the rifles and there are many different companies that make very similar firearms. It isn't a specific gun, it is a class of firearms and there are many like it. What makes the rifles legal or illegal is the fire rate and the year in which it was produced.

It's not worth arguing with someone who is talking out of their ass and exposed themselves as an uneducated blowhard with an agenda... I guess some people's parents never taught them not to argue about things they know nothing about.

Not only is he completely wrong with just about everything he stated, but he is also arguing with someone who dealt with the specifics and was trained and later trained others on the firearms in question. Brilliant.

You two still upset about the AR 15 being an assault rifle?

He doesn't know what AR means blah blah blah.

I know what the dictionary says and what the assault weapons ban of 94 banned...the AR15 because it's an assault weapon.

OMFGLOL

Yeah I even quoted that part of the law earlier in this thread.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@joebones5000 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Xabiss said:

I know what the dictionary says and what the assault weapons ban of 94 banned...the AR15 because it's an assault weapon.

OMFGLOL

Funny the only people giving false information are the people who absolutely know nothing about guns and are Google warriors. Just face the facts you are wrong about this and the more you speak the dumber you look on the matter. Still can't answer the question why they changed the definition just recently.

They also can't answer the question about the two guns I posted even though they are the exact same gun, same caliber, and the same rate of fire. The funny part is they are so damn scared of ARs even though ARs technically don't even kill that many people each year compared to a shit a ton more senseless acts, but they put their rage into something that is technically pretty damn safe compared to the numbers statistically. Knives, bludgeoning weapons, fist, drunk drivers, texting while driving, and hell ladder deaths kill more people technically then ARs do each year.

Again fake outrage, just because they don't like how they look. It is hilarious and they obviously don't understand it. Good ol' Google warriors.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Xabiss

@joebones5000 said:
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:

Funny the only people giving false information are the people who absolutely know nothing about guns and are Google warriors. Just face the facts you are wrong about this and the more you speak the dumber you look on the matter. Still can't answer the question why they changed the definition just recently.

They also can't answer the question about the two guns I posted even though they are the exact same gun, same caliber, and the same rate of fire. The funny part is they are so damn scared of ARs even though ARs technically don't even kill that many people each year compared to a shit a ton more senseless acts, but they put their rage into something that is technically pretty damn safe compared to the numbers statistically. Knives, bludgeoning weapons, fist, drunk drivers, texting while driving, and hell ladder deaths kill more people technically then ARs do each year.

Again fake outrage, just because they don't like how they look. It is hilarious and they obviously don't understand it. Good ol' Google warriors.

No one is going to answer any pointless questions meant to deflect. The AR15 was banned as an assault weapon and is defined as one in the dictionary and by society. You must know you're not going to be able to change that, so why continue to post irrelevant nonsense? Blabbering on about technical aspects of that particular assault weapon isn't going to change what it is.

You are making no sense at all.

See again you are the one deflecting. Just answer the question why is the top gun considered an AR? What would you label the bottom gun? It is important to see what you Google warriors are considering AR's to know what you are trying to ban. What makes the top gun so much more dangerous then the bottom gun? This is something that needs to be answered if you are calling for something to be banned.

Again since you are the one that has the knowledge of what is what answer the question. You seem to be the gun expert of the forums.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@joebones5000: Your trolling is just getting lazy, maybe take a few weeks off and write some new material or something. Unless your trolling is meant to make you look stupid, cause in that case keep up the good work.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@zaryia said:
@joebones5000 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Xabiss said:

OMFGLOL

Please don't tell me you are another person that is convinced that a civilian AR15 is an assault rifle... Then again, it isn't hard to tell what side you are on. Sad... no need for facts when you have facebook and google.

Oh and back to that other guy joe. You're as clueless as I figured you were. Keep drinking the cool-aid man.. they have you right where they want you. I just hope you are young enough to grow up and see the truth before you are completely blinded. Then again, it appears you may already be. Good luck though, I wish you the best.

Xabiss, it's good to see that some people still have some common sense. I've all but given up on trying to find any semblance of intelligence on the internet (in most places), but every once in a while I happen across someone like you that gives me hope. I've seen you around this site for years. It's a shame most of the good posters left after they gutted gamespot a few years back, but every time I am about to give up on this site I realize there are still some good ones hanging around.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Aren’t assault weapons banned already? Or are Democrats too dumb to realize that?