Political Correctness, Group Think, & Censorship ( SJW's will push Gen Z to the right)

Avatar image for jeezers
#1 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdaUDeAGIck

Came across this video and remembered that Gen Z exists. It was an interesting listen and if even a fraction of Gen Z is this self aware, SJW's will need to step their game up. Gen Z is based ASF.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#2 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

Shitty youtube video with no context? Alriiiiiighty then.

Avatar image for PraetorianMan
#3 Posted by PraetorianMan (1967 posts) -

Yeah no there’s polling data on this subject that indicates that gen z is even more liberal than millennials

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
#4 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (7205 posts) -

@jeezers: lol, you dumb right wingers care too much about such stupid things like SJWs. GenZ or whatever you like to call them aren't as obsessed as you right wingers. They are far more focused on other issues that will have a huge and DIRECT influence on their own lives and future, mainly climate change and plastic pollution.

It's not just the US, where the new generation are concerned about climate change either. Every country, the kids are starting to revolt.

Avatar image for jeezers
#5 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@jeezers: lol, you dumb right wingers care too much about such stupid things like SJWs. GenZ or whatever you like to call them aren't as obsessed as you right wingers. They are far more focused on other issues that will have a huge and DIRECT influence on their own lives and future, mainly climate change and plastic pollution.

It's not just the US, where the new generation are concerned about climate change either. Every country, the kids are starting to revolt.

Gen Z cares more about freedom of speech and internet censorship than millennials

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
#6 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (7205 posts) -

@jeezers: another false flag, freedom my ass. I doubt that's even on the radar of gen z. Internet censorship?? Where are you from, China?

Avatar image for jeezers
#7 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@blaznwiipspman1: you dont think these kids know whats going on within the internet? They were raised on it. They dont want shit like article 13 passed thats for sure

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
#8 Edited by blaznwiipspman1 (7205 posts) -

@jeezers: the internet is the wild west. No politician will be able to pass any law regarding censorship, not with a democratic government in place. Good luck to these dumb politicians and good luck enforcing it. They can't even stop pirates.

Avatar image for jeezers
#9 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@blaznwiipspman1: well it diddnt stop the EU from succesfully passing article 13, because it passed, and brittain thought they could get out of it through brexit, but now their government is hanging thier soverighnty over them like a treat asking for a second vote because they diddnt like the result of the first vote lol

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#10 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1883 posts) -

You could slit your wrist with the edge of that ending. Kids today are not happy.

Avatar image for jeezers
#11 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin: I cant blame them for the edge, the younger generations tend to rebel againsts social standards of the previous. When I was at that age I rebeled the ideas of evangilicals conservatives restricting and censoring.

Gen z ironically have to put up with political correctness and SJWs from my generation... Rebel on little edge lords.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#12 Edited by KungfuKitten (26637 posts) -

I think the indoctrination and censorship on schools is going to be their fight. Things like this happening:

Loading Video...

It's an emotional rule. It isn't smart, or fair. It's neglecting a large group of people for the few who are different. I'm a person who is different in several ways, and I don't think this is fair. I understand that society isn't tailored to my (dis)abilities. I wouldn't think it to be fair if the government ordered you all to behave in ways that allow me to function better in society. It wouldn't even be realistic. It would be a different matter if you chose to. Silencing people isn't fair either.

It wasn't completely fair before but now it's all way worse. I think more and more groups of people will feel unfairly judged or weighed against, and they will have to fight against a lot of this added unfairness and the renewed focus on people's gender and skin. But I think that if they overcome it, they will grow a little wiser than the current people introducing these issues. They will be the ones who fought the system and won. Who can beat the system again if they have to.

The question I have to you is: Why are these unthoughtful rules and policies not stopped before they come into play? Why are people hired to write policy and law, who come up with things like this? They think this will make transgender people feel happy? I doubt that transgender (or almost any group of) people are made happy when other groups of people they live with, are hurt for their own gain.

@PraetorianMan: Liberal is almost the polar opposite of political correctness, group think and censorship.

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#14 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1883 posts) -

LOL YouTube just took down the video for hate speech, thanks to an article from BuzzFeed.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/josephbernstein/youtubes-newest-far-right-foul-mouthed-red-pilling-star-is

The media is literally scared of a little girl.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#15 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

LOL YouTube just took down the video for hate speech, thanks to an article from BuzzFeed.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/josephbernstein/youtubes-newest-far-right-foul-mouthed-red-pilling-star-is

The media is literally scared of a little girl.

Or maybe they don't want to promote vitriol on their own platform. Perhaps a private company doesn't want to promote hate speech via some dumb 14 year old pawn.

By all means create a thread defending her videos if you're that vested.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#16 Edited by KungfuKitten (26637 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin: I've saved the video anyways (360p). There are still some who re-uploaded it. (Be Not Afraid)

She does make some good points, and I watched a bit of her live-stream. She's the real deal. But yes, she's not behaving like an obedient pet. I like that she is willingly throwing herself into the illiberal media grinder like it's nothing, but I worry about her more than I worry about anyone seeing her video's. I do think what she did is important. It gives people hope that the younger generations are not lost to the indoctrination and social blackmail.

"The claims don't have to be cohesive, and they don't have to actually defeat you in any way. They just have to convince you not to fight. Their main weapon is de-motivation. So it doesn't matter if they use words incorrectly or say things that don't make sense. Their only mission statement is to manufacture the thought in your head that you're on the wrong side of history. And you have to start agreeing with them if you want to maintain your fan-base and public image."

I've seen this happen quite a lot. It's like they run into a 'does not compute error' and can't find the code to escape their programming. But I wonder how effective that 'strategy' really is, because for anyone following the discussions I think it's kinda obvious what is happening.

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#17 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1883 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan:Do you have an actual point to make, or are you just posting illiberal anti-speech talking points? There are mass shooter manifestos on youtube. There are alt-right and antifa indoctrinations videos on youtube. Every video that gets taken down, 10 mirror videos pop up, and they tend get even more popular (Streisand effect). Stop pretending a massive corporation cares about your sensibilities.

@KungfuKitten: I wonder if her teachers are aware of the kind of content she make, if so, do they approach her about it. I kind of get the feeling her teachers have tried to break her before. Her videos get more edgy as time goes on.

Avatar image for Serraph105
#18 Posted by Serraph105 (33839 posts) -

But every time I say something mean/true about conservatives they absolutely lose their shit.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#19 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

@blaznwiipspman1: You dumb lefties are pushing all the children to the right... and its glorious. Caring about the environment doesn't make you a leftie.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#20 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@HoolaHoopMan:Do you have an actual point to make, or are you just posting illiberal anti-speech talking points?

The point being that Youtube is a private company and has a terms of service. A 14 year old being fed propaganda (from another adult obviously) was posting toxic content and it was flagged and removed. Let's stop trying to make some racist shit into a martyr. The same would apply to any leftwing conspiracy nut and antifa video.

The fact that Youtube has a terms of service is proof that they operate within a set of moral and ethical boundaries for hosting content.

Avatar image for jeezers
#21 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: once youtube was bought by google it started going downhill

Its no longer a place for free speech, its just a corporate website now and doesnt care about youtubers. It caters too mainstream now, like msnbc, fox, and CNN.

in the end it will be its downfall, this opens up the market for competition. Someone like bitchute will gain ground.

I hope youtube gets rocked like myspace did.

Also I dont get why liberals now all of a sudden give a shit about protecting mega corporations.

Oh yeah cus it caters to thier ideology of being PC SJWs lol

Btw that video was up for weeks and almost hit 1 million views, it diddnt get pulled untill buzzfeed wrote a slam piece on the 14 year old. Calling her a nazi. Im guessing your a big fan of buzzfeed eh?

Avatar image for jeezers
#22 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: yeah your dead on, she made alot of good points in that video, but people are stuck in thier ways, they disregard the entire message, throw a couple "isms" and call her a nazi and ask for the ban hammer because it hurts thier feelings. Its disgusting.

What happened to debating ideas you disagree with.

The banning shit is so stupid and the people on the left smiling, it will be you next, they dont realize the precident they are setting.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#23 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: once youtube was bought by google it started going downhill

Its no longer a place for free speech, its just a corporate website now and doesnt care about youtubers. It caters too mainstream now, like msnbc, fox, and CNN.

in the end it will be its downfall, this opens up the market for competition. Someone like bitchute will gain ground.

I hope youtube gets rocked like myspace did.

Also I dont get why liberals now all of a sudden give a shit about protecting mega corporations.

Oh yeah cus it caters to thier ideology of being PC SJWs lol

Btw that video was up for weeks and almost hit 1 million views, it diddnt get pulled untill buzzfeed wrote a slam piece on the 14 year old. Calling her a nazi. Im guessing your a big fan of buzzfeed eh?

No, I don't read buzzfeed. By all means support other avenues if you feel that streaming/hosting services are unfairly targeting videos, no one is stopping you. Youtube is a private company and has the ability to remove and host content as they see fit. Currently they don't want to cater to a ghost writer hiding behind a 14 year old calling people 'faggots'.

Avatar image for jeezers
#24 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: nah you love buzzfeed and you love censorship. If a word offends you, you chose to be offended.

Your a typical corporate boot licker

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#25 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: nah you love buzzfeed and you love censorship. If a word offends you, you chose to be offended.

Oh man, you totally got me. Now I understand why you, a mind of such brilliance, watch and promote videos like you posted. You must have red-pilled yourself so hard.

Avatar image for jeezers
#26 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: google can do no wrong eh? Just a private company right? Your a fool, your only siding with google/youtube because you personally disagree with the kid.

Thats lame as ****

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#27 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10760 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: google can do no wrong eh? Just a private company right? Your a fool, your only siding with google/youtube because you personally disagree with the kid.

Thats lame as ****

*You're

Keep throwing strawman at me though.

Avatar image for jeezers
#28 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: in other words im right lmao

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166579 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: once youtube was bought by google it started going downhill

Its no longer a place for free speech,

Free speech ONLY applies to the government. Why does EVERYONE forget that? smh

Avatar image for jeezers
#30 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: do you like censorship?

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#31 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166579 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: do you like censorship?

Private companies have a right to moderate their property.

Avatar image for jeezers
#32 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: I have never argued that youtube banning people for unpopular opinions was illegal.

Just that its a lame thing to do.

Im arguing that it makes youtube another borring corporate platform much like cable TV.

Youtube was lit 10 years ago, they only banned gore videos and porn. The good ole days before google took it over.

Now they ban edgy 14 year olds lol

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166579 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: I have never argued that youtube banning people for unpopular opinions was illegal.

You argued about loss of free speech.............maybe don't exaggerate and use hyperbole then.

Avatar image for jeezers
#34 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: fine instead of saying youtube doesnt support free speech on thier platform how about this.

"youtube doesnt allow content that goes against social norms, could offend someone, make people feel uncomfortable, or if they just personally dont agree with the message of the content"

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166579 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: fine instead of saying youtube doesnt support free speech on thier platform how about this.

"youtube doesnt allow content that goes against social norms, could offend someone, make people feel uncomfortable, or if they just personally dont agree with the message of the content"

Eh I see content their that has differing viewpoints. I suppose you want them to allow hate speech etc.

Avatar image for jeezers
#36 Posted by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: who defines whats hate speech?

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#37 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44044 posts) -

@jeezers said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@jeezers: lol, you dumb right wingers care too much about such stupid things like SJWs. GenZ or whatever you like to call them aren't as obsessed as you right wingers. They are far more focused on other issues that will have a huge and DIRECT influence on their own lives and future, mainly climate change and plastic pollution.

It's not just the US, where the new generation are concerned about climate change either. Every country, the kids are starting to revolt.

Gen Z cares more about freedom of speech and internet censorship than millennials

Generation Z cares about service to others, less about finding a great job but more about finding a job that brings them happiness. They also care about freedom of speech and censorship laws, like any liberal does. After all, it's the right-wing that are telling people to shutup. Hippie-Dippie Left-wingers just want people to be nice, not to shut up (still annoying, though)

You talking like this just demonstrates how scared you are, because only an irrational person on the losing side, shaking in their boots, would spout diarrhea out of their mouth like this.

Trump might win next election, the right-wing might get a few victories in court and congress, but mark my words; we are experiencing the death gasp, the last rattle, of a dying and entrenched class of people the world can do without. In ten years the right-wing will be a bad memory. I look forward to a future of moderate beliefs, reasonable liberals, and common-sense conservatives.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#38 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44044 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: who defines whats hate speech?

It's not a who, it's a what. And what defines hate speech is: speech that that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

It's not really a question of hate speech, it's a question of whether or not we allow it. You can't argue over the ambiguity of hate speech because frankly it's pretty damn obvious what hate speech is. The argument is whether you want to allow it or not.

Conservatives need to stop saying "I'm not saying anything hateful" and simply say "I'm not saying anything illegal or forbidden". Saying "I think the Jews paid the Muslims to cause 9/11" is most certainly hate speech, but it is also most certainly not illegal to say it. Just own up to it. The right are some of the biggest snowflakes in the world; too scared to be honest with themselves. Liberal SJW stand-up comics have more balls than the run-of-the-mill right-wing nutso because at least they know and admit to being abrasive and saying hateful things, but they own it because it's a protected right of theirs.

Avatar image for jeezers
#39 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@mrbojangles25:

"And what defines hate speech is: speech that that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity."

So every comedian of the last 40 years thats made a joke about race, sex, religion, disability, sex or gender is really just preaching hate speech. Gotcha sounds legit. Guess we should ban family guy and south park. Can't have all that hate speech.

That definition is ambiguous so I completely disagree. What counts as an attack? An offensive joke could in the eyes of a sensitive moderater I suppose.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#40 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44044 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@mrbojangles25:

"And what defines hate speech is: speech that that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity."

So every comedian of the last 40 years thats made a joke about race, sex, religion, disability, sex or gender is really just preaching hate speech. Gotcha sounds legit. Guess we should ban family guy and south park. Can't have all that hate speech.

That definition is ambiguous so I completely disagree. What counts as an attack? An offensive joke could in the eyes of a sensitive moderater I suppose.

Did you even read the rest of my post or did you just get triggered by what I wrote and whine about it?

Avatar image for jeezers
#41 Edited by jeezers (3013 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: yes I read your post, the 2nd part I'm not sure what point your trying to make so I diddnt respond to it. Responded to the 1st part.

That liberals own being offensive in comedy by being honest about it? How so cus I dont see that? How do they own it? Are they admitting they use hate speech in thier jokes? I truly dont get the 2nd part you wrote.

you think when conservatives make jokes they dont call thier offensive jokes hate speech so they arent upfront about it?

Also you said its not about what is hate speech, its if we allow it?

If we cant nail down what counts as hate speech, that causes issues when deciding what to ban as hate speech.

Also you said that jew paid the muslims for 911 joke and called it hate speech.

If I said muslims caused 9/11? Would you consider that hate speech?