Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Source: The Hill

The creator of the "Pepe the Frog" character has laid his popular internet meme to rest.

In a special strip for Free Comic Book Day, artist Matt Furie drew a one-page special edition of his famous comic, "Pepe the Frog," in a casket at his funeral.

Furie debuted the character on his Myspace blog in 2005, but Pepe soon evolved into a widely shared joke on the anonymous image board 4chan. Pepe's popularity online exploded, until the character was co-opted by members of the alt-right during the 2016 election campaign.

White nationalists began sharing the image online and customizing it to display racist messages.

“We basically mixed Pepe in with Nazi propaganda, etc. We built that association,” one alt-right member told the Daily Beast.

Last year, the Anti-Defamation League designated Pepe as a hate symbol, horrifying its creator.

“It’s a nightmare, and the only thing I can do is see this as an opportunity to speak out against hate," Furie told Time magazine.

Can't say I blame the guy. His politics are FAR different from the alt-rights (he even voted Hillary Clinton) and I can see why this would ruin him.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

He was fine with Poo Poo Pee Pee but Trump Pepe crossed a line. smh

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

SJW's killed pepe because they fall apart about everything.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Nope he's still alive. /Pol/ owns him now.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Oh the drama. "buh buh I drew a cartoon frog first!"

Pepe is in a better place now. Instead of being a baby cuck, maybe he should be happy something he created became so popular regardless of political perspective.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@n64dd said:

Just like trump supporters over coffee cups and late night TV.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoboy16

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@n64dd said:

It's funny. They also moaned and went crazy over Hulk Hogan's ruined career and praised the s*** out of Peter Thiel for ending Gawker in response. Yet, they happily ruin a character much to the point where it ruined his creator and (judging by the first responses) take probably even more pride doing it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nintendoboy16

@KHAndAnime said:

Oh the drama. "buh buh I drew a cartoon frog first!"

Pepe is in a better place now. Instead of being a baby cuck, maybe he should be happy something he created became so popular regardless of political perspective.

WHY? That's like saying Dave Grohl should be proud that Republicans used Foo Fighters music without their permission and COMPLETELY missing the point of his songs.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Pepe is in a better place now.

You think being used by Stormfront is a better place?

Oh **** off.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KHAndAnime

@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Oh **** off.

Sure, why not?

And you do know Pepe isn't just used by Stormfront, right? Stormfront is only a subsect of a very large community that enjoys Pepe.

@nintendoboy16 said:

WHY? That's like saying Dave Grohl should be proud that Republicans used Foo Fighters music without their permission and COMPLETELY missing the point of his songs.

Dave Grohl should be happy anyone plays his dated garbage.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Oh **** off.

Sure, why not?

Wow....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Too bad so sad.

Pepe has a life of his own now.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Pepe can never die for he has risen from the dead! #PraiseKek

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KHAndAnime

@zaryia said:

Wow....

It's called freedom of expression. I know liberals like yourself dislike free speech, and want to live sheltered lives away from intellectual diversity - but hey, you can always move to Canada or the UK where it's countries are one giant safe space and stay off the internet if Stormfront's usage of Pepe bothers you so much.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I wish that I didn't google Stormfront.

Hallumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16 Hallumi
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

It's a cartoon frog. Why do the righties care about this so much?

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

Funny how dipshits fail to realize if the people at Stormfront were empowered for even a second, free speech would no longer exist. Of course, that's not actually true. They realize it and say this shit anyways, which tells you everything you need to know about the nazi sympathizers here and elsewhere.

Good for the creator. Pepe has become a clear sign of hate due to his constant use by the hateful to spread hate. Liberals didn't do anything except bring a little light to that use.

Governments can't ban his use because that would be a true violation of free speech. That said, all private organizations and people of any decency or conscience should shun his use just like they shun nazi or kkk symbols and marches. Don't let them twist our priciple of free speech, which they do not truly share, to force you to offer them a platform for hate speech. The right of freedom of speech is not a security blanket for nazis to feel welcome, invited and included, it is merely a promise we won't throw them in jail till they act on the vomit they spew. You have a right to your expression as well, and that includes your right as a web admin. to say "I dont want this garbage on my site". And if some loser says your designating a safe space in a derogatory way, feel free to reply "Yes, i designate that I don't need to give consideration to nazi ideology and reject it wholesale as being devoid of anything of worth, much like you".

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@n64dd said:

I thought the left watched late night TV after it is all left programming on the late night talk shows.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendoboy16

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

It's called freedom of expression. I know liberals like yourself dislike free speech, and want to live sheltered lives away from intellectual diversity - but hey, you can always move to Canada or the UK where it's countries are one giant safe space and stay off the internet if Stormfront's usage of Pepe bothers you so much.

That is freaking rich, coming from the guy who thinks America or any other country should follow ONLY the right.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Oh **** off.

Sure, why not?

And you do know Pepe isn't just used by Stormfront, right? Stormfront is only a subsect of a very large community that enjoys Pepe.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Dave Grohl should be happy anyone plays his dated garbage.

Yeah I never understood this, the current Pepe meme for me was there to mock the sjw's instead of actually representing alt right or any other thing in general.. Places like stormfront have attached onto this crap because the regressives have basically tried to paint any and everything as Nazi's with any disagreements now..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
@nintendoboy16 said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

That is freaking rich, coming from the guy who thinks America or any other country should follow ONLY the right.

Where has he said this?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoboy16

@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

Where has he said this?

In a thread on possible California independence back when OT had political discussions. He said California should leave the US so the US can lean more to the right.

beta-max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 beta-max
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@n64dd said:

It's funny. They also moaned and went crazy over Hulk Hogan's ruined career and praised the s*** out of Peter Thiel for ending Gawker in response. Yet, they happily ruin a character much to the point where it ruined his creator and (judging by the first responses) take probably even more pride doing it.

Except to take pride in the creation of Pepe the frog is pretty asinine in itself. What did it take him like 2 minutes in MSpaint to create that abomination?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

Where has he said this?

In a thread on possible California independence back when OT had political discussions. He said California should leave the US so the US can lean more to the right.

... Ok.. So how does that mean what you claimed?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaryia

@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Where has he said this?

That post clearly indicates what he claimed. You're really in for a ride if you are defending KHAandAnime. He's a hardcore far righter who championed the idea Obama was not born in USA and literally wire-taped Trump Tower.

I want to hope people like that are just trolling, but sadly they are not. All this talk radio crap has actually brain washed people.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaryia

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

1. I'm not liberal. It doesn't take a liberal to say "wow" to someone defending Stormfront. Disliking Stormfront is not a liberal thing. Why do I even have to explain this to you.

2. Pepe does not bother me. I never tried to stop your freedom of speech. I simply said "wow" in reaction to something stupid, such as defending Stormfront. Are you triggered at my "wow"? Do you need a safe space from it?

3. You have to be a troll account. No one can be this low IQ.

@JimB said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@n64dd said:

I thought the left watched late night TV after it is all left programming on the late night talk shows.

More like capitalism at play. Conservative comedy shows flop, they flop badly. This is a fact. A majority of Americans do not lean towards conservative values on most issues (on average - and I'm not saying this is a good thing). Hence it doesn't sell as well. This is simple logic.

Are you against the free market? Are you a commie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@beta-max said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@n64dd said:

Except to take pride in the creation of Pepe the frog is pretty asinine in itself. What did it take him like 2 minutes in MSpaint to create that abomination?

I like the art style of the original comic, has a minimalist charm to it. However since Trump supporters are the bottom of the barrel they're are unable to recreate something as simple as pepe to a point where it's even recognisable.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N64DD

@toast_burner: We should be more like the tolerant left...who isn't condescending when they disagree with you. They definitely do not have melt downs, riot and destroy their own cities when they don't get their way.

Glad WE are bottom of the barrel and not you :x

EmprahBanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EmprahBanjo
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts

@n64dd said:

@toast_burner: We should be more like the tolerant left...who isn't condescending when they disagree with you. They definitely do not have melt downs, riot and destroy their own cities when they don't get their way.

Glad WE are bottom of the barrel and not you :x

How dare you speak to us that way? Do you even comprehend the intellectual superiority and command we have over you? I should punch my computer but that would break it. You are making me very angry and when I am angry my power radiates.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@EmprahBanjo: this guy!

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

Wow....

Not all of UK is like London. A safe space in Northeast is an area your shit might not get stolen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

@zaryia said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Where has he said this?

That post clearly indicates what he claimed. You're really in for a ride if you are defending KHAandAnime. He's a hardcore far righter who championed the idea Obama was not born in USA and literally wire-taped Trump Tower.

I want to hope people like that are just trolling, but sadly they are not. All this talk radio crap has actually brain washed people.

No it doesn't it says that it would move further to the right.. Seeing as California is the most liberal state in the union, how does that automatically mean we would be neo conservative? Do you know how to even argue? You realize that there are OTHER blue states in the Union OTHER than California.. In no way does that some how conclude such a ridiculous conclusion, get some nuance instead of falling into a false dichotomy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaryia

@sSubZerOo said:
@zaryia said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Where has he said this?

No it doesn't it says that it would move further to the right.. Seeing as California is the most liberal state in the union, how does that automatically mean we would be neo conservative? Do you know how to even argue? You realize that there are OTHER blue states in the Union OTHER than California.. In no way does that some how conclude such a ridiculous conclusion, get some nuance instead of falling into a false dichotomy.

None of the mindless babble you just posted refutes what nintendoboy stated.

Khanadnime did make that claim. Now he's being a huge hypocrite. Please don't try to defend such an idiot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@zaryia said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@zaryia said:
@sSubZerOo said:

None of the mindless babble you just posted refutes what nintendoboy stated.

Khanadnime did make that claim. Now he's being a huge hypocrite. Please don't try to defend such an idiot.

... Reading comprehension.. He says he would be infavor of the US leaning more to the right.. How does that even remotely translate to wanting a extreme right only government? Yet again I don't care what you think of the said poster, I am talking about the substance of your argument in drawing a bullshit conclusion that could come to multiple different conclusions.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Should we also "kill" Disney or popular video game characters that become associated with pornographic websites (the infamous Rule 34)? This whole thing is asinine.