Pentagon pulls funds for military schools, daycare to pay for Trump's border wall

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

The Pentagon said on Wednesday it would pull funding from 127 Defense Department projects, including schools and daycare centers for military families, as it diverts $3.6 billion to fund President Donald Trump’s wall along the U.S. border with Mexico.

Trump declared a national emergency earlier this year to access the funds from the military construction budget. In March, the Pentagon sent to Congress a broad list of projects that could be affected.

A Pentagon official said in a briefing that the department was given a “lawful order” by Trump to divert the funds. She said the Pentagon is working closely with Congress and its allies abroad to find funding to replace money diverted for the wall, but that there are not any guarantees that those funds will come.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-pentagon-idUSKCN1VP2VY

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/09/04/trump-border-wall-could-get-diverted-military-funds/

We've identified where the funds for the wall where come from, so that's good... Right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Yeah that's disgusting. Take money for need for those serving for an unnecessary vanity project of a unstable leader.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Republicans who suddenly support this incoming in 3, 2, 1.

Say it with me now Trumpers, "Orange man God".

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

Far-leftists who think this is not Pentago to blame but Trump incoming in ....................

But nice TDS there.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

The Pentagon said on Wednesday it would pull funding from 127 Defense Department projects, including schools and daycare centers for military families, as it diverts $3.6 billion to fund President Donald Trump’s wall along the U.S. border with Mexico.

Trump declared a national emergency earlier this year to access the funds from the military construction budget. In March, the Pentagon sent to Congress a broad list of projects that could be affected.

A Pentagon official said in a briefing that the department was given a “lawful order” by Trump to divert the funds. She said the Pentagon is working closely with Congress and its allies abroad to find funding to replace money diverted for the wall, but that there are not any guarantees that those funds will come.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/09/04/trump-border-wall-could-get-diverted-military-funds/

We've identified where the funds for the wall where come from, so that's good... Right?

So out of all the money pentagon gets, they decide to use the funds from an area they know you guys on the far-left and public will feel the strongest about

So nice going there far-leftists at Pentagon who played this like pros.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@Serraph105 said:

Far-leftists who think this is not Pentago to blame but Trump incoming in ....................

But nice TDS there.

The trump administration caused this......but apologist right on cue.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

still waiting on that check from mexico...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: "So out of all the money pentagon gets, they decide to use the funds from an area they know you guys on the far-left and public will feel the strongest about

So nice going there far-leftists at Pentagon who played this like pros."

I'm glad to see that owning the libs makes it worthwhile to you.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

First they need to sell some drugs in US. :P

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7263 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

So out of all the money pentagon gets, they decide to use the funds from an area they know you guys on the far-left and public will feel the strongest about

So nice going there far-leftists at Pentagon who played this like pros.

I'm actually going to agree with you to an extent. All the money we throw at the military, and this is where they decide pull funding from? Buncha dicks. Just a big salad bowl full of them.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:

First they need to sell some drugs in US. :P

What, and cut in on Purdue Pharma? pffffffft. If anyone is going to kill tens of thousands of US citizens from drugs, it's going to an American company!

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Why doesn't Pentagon divert the money to helping the economy and other domestic programs instead of wasting hundreds of billions on failing or failed projects like F-35 jets, new carriers Ford-class, new submarines etc

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

@watercrack445: Those are contractor (donor) dollars.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: "So out of all the money pentagon gets, they decide to use the funds from an area they know you guys on the far-left and public will feel the strongest about

You missed the entire point there, I was congratulating the left at Pentagon for a clever move by them.

Out of all the money they could have used, and I know you are well aware of all the crazy "projects" the military pays for, they picked the one who would attract the most attention and which would garnish the public opinion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk
@judaspete said:

I'm actually going to agree with you to an extent. All the money we throw at the military, and this is where they decide pull funding from? Buncha dicks. Just a big salad bowl full of them.

Yup, they pulled it from that because they know it would "hurt" the most.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

You missed the entire point there, I was congratulating the left at Pentagon for a clever move by them.

Out of all the money they could have used, and I know you are well aware of all the crazy "projects" the military pays for, they picked the one who would attract the most attention and which would garnish the public opinion.

Wait, I did misunderstand. You're saying that the people running the Pentagon are far-leftists who cut programs "leftists" agree with funding in order to rile up other leftists? The far-leftists performing this cutting would presumably include the acting Defense Secretary, a Republican who was appointed by Trump, because, as my second source states and WaPo confirms, he approved this move:

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper agreed Tuesday to free up $3.6 billion from the Pentagon budget for President Trump’s border wall by effectively defunding 127 military construction projects using emergency authorities.

Is that what you're saying?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Left? You seem to be lost. That's the right. The military lifers are generally Republican dude. And those in charge that selected this are Republican as well.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Left? You seem to be lost. That's the right. The military lifers are generally Republican dude. And those in charge that selected this are Republican as well.

Generally? does that mean no one is leaning left?

You can´t make a general statement like that, some may be republicans and some maybe Democrat, but one thing is sure no honest republican would make a move like that against their own president.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

military has been slowly turning against Trump for some time but in truth their voting patterns tend to mirror the civilian population along education and demographics.

somehow the marines are the one branch that are obstinately pro-trump

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You can´t make a general statement like that, some may be republicans and some maybe Democrat, but one thing is sure no honest republican would make a move like that against their own president.

Lifers are almost ALL Republican. So you put the president above the country. You have that backwards.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@whiskeystrike said:

military has been slowly turning against Trump for some time but in truth their voting patterns tend to mirror the civilian population along education and demographics.

somehow the marines are the one branch that are obstinately pro-trump

Pretty much. Servicemembers vote like any other occupational voter demographic. THe reason why most service members vote R is very similar to why most union members vote D

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Lifers are almost ALL Republican. So you put the president above the country. You have that backwards.

Again no honest republican considering that Trump have been very "republican" in his policies would allow personal hate for the person to cloud their mind like that.

And no I don´t put the president above the country, which is why I support the politics, not the person.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

of course they did. as you would expect. they have to justify their budgets like anyone else. and to pull finds from a bunch of ancillary projects that no one will notice anyway calls into question why they got any funding for those projects in the first place.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

What, and cut in on Purdue Pharma? pffffffft. If anyone is going to kill tens of thousands of US citizens from drugs, it's going to an American company!

My bad. It's done in the name of capitalism, right? We can't have any mass murdering done in the name of communism. That would be treason. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

2019 military budget is 693 billion dollars. While the wall is incredibly stupid, I find it equally stupid that 3 billion dollars is going to cause them to make drastic cutbacks.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

Just vote Trump out and pull funding for his wall in 2020. It will take far longer to get land purchases through the courts than the year he has left in office.

On a side note, he’s given the Democrats ammo by putting the cost of the wall on the US military and their families rather than Mexico as he originally promised. I’m sure the Democrats will be running ads to moderates nonstop with that narrative.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk
@comp_atkins said:
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

of course they did. as you would expect. they have to justify their budgets like anyone else. and to pull finds from a bunch of ancillary projects that no one will notice anyway calls into question why they got any funding for those projects in the first place.

You are most likely right and also an added bonus is in the process it makes Trump out to be a cruel person

They could easily have taken the money from 1 of the thousand idiotic projects the Pentagon funds

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

The overtones of political conspiracy in this thread amuse me. The military always reduces ancillary spending first. You don't pull money from operations, or the countless weapons systems capital projects, or from pay....until you have gutted the ancillary categories first. It is a long standing tradition, occurs in all militaries, and is built into the DNA of the system.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:

You are most likely right and also an added bonus is in the process it makes Trump out to be a cruel person

They could easily have taken the money from 1 of the thousand idiotic projects the Pentagon funds

No they can't if the contract is awarded.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:

Really? no shit sherlock. I clearly didn´t mean they should break a contract.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Then I guess you were trolling.......

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not really , but i do get that you are right now like always.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not really , but i do get that you are right now like always.

Nope. Never troll. You wanted them to take money from elsewhere. Contracts can't be broken so what do you propose? Not paying the military?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. Never troll. You wanted them to take money from elsewhere. Contracts can't be broken so what do you propose? Not paying the military?

Then why such a hard time?

You know I was clearly talking about the post they have for lubricious projects before they spend it and sign contracts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You know I was clearly talking about the post they have for lubricious projects before they spend it and sign contracts.

Those contracts are done years in advance.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Again, Pentago does not only give money for old contracts they also get for new contracts which they can spend on future projects.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Again, Pentago does not only give money for old contracts they also get for new contracts which they can spend on future projects.

That's not what I said.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not what I said.

Ok, so you admit to trolling.

Cool.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

That's not what I said.

Ok, so you admit to trolling.

Cool.

Are you having a problem following a conversation....because it seems so. The money for the wall cannot come from military contracts NOW as they are signed YEARS in advance. duh.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

How can you even try to spin this lmao. Pretty much requires lying.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you having a problem following a conversation....because it seems so. The money for the wall cannot come from military contracts NOW as they are signed YEARS in advance. duh.

Yawn..... and no-one said existing contracts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And you clearly aren't reading..........yawn.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Wait, I did misunderstand. You're saying that the people running the Pentagon are far-leftists who cut programs "leftists" agree with funding in order to rile up other leftists? The far-leftists performing this cutting would presumably include the acting Defense Secretary, a Republican who was appointed by Trump, because, as my second source states and WaPo confirms, he approved this move:

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper agreed Tuesday to free up $3.6 billion from the Pentagon budget for President Trump’s border wall by effectively defunding 127 military construction projects using emergency authorities.

Is that what you're saying?

No, what i am saying is that the people who did the cutting, looked at which programs that would make sure that no one would start to question why they could miss that much cash without it making an impact.

The frosting on the cake was it also hurting Trump in the process.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And you clearly aren't reading..........yawn.

Ok, glad you agree with my point that they should take it from that pool /facepalm.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

"MeXiCo WiLl PaY fOr ThE WALL!!!!"

Trumpettes and their apologists are the most gullible.