Over 1000 Christian Iraqi's being deported by ICE, Detroit Judge Halts.

• 60 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/04/us/iraqi-christians-deport.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/13/detroit-judge-praised-for-halting-deportation-iraqi-christians-but-ice-issues-warning.html

Detroit judge praised for halting deportation of Iraqi Christians, but ICE issues warning

Jesus the scenes of panic at deportation centers are something you would see in 3rd world countries, or even post-apocalyptic movies.

FFS Trump, I thought you were going to especially look after the Christian Arabs?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

So it's OK to be refugee as long as you're a Christian?

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I don't give a rats asshole if you're Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, etc.

If you're here illegally...well...then get the **** out.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zaryia
@frank_castle said:

"If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair -- everybody was persecuted, in all fairness -- but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them."

“Christians in the Middle East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!” Mr. Trump said on Twitter in January

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

I guarantee you that the deportations for these people are going to stop soon simply because they are christian and comrade trumpski wants to play the religion card to the christian know-nothings who voted for him.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/13/detroit-judge-praised-for-halting-deportation-iraqi-christians-but-ice-issues-warning.html

Detroit judge praised for halting deportation of Iraqi Christians, but ICE issues warning

Jesus the scenes of panic at deportation centers are something you would see in 3rd world countries, or even post-apocalyptic movies.

FFS Trump, I thought you were going to especially look after the Christian Arabs?

Not sure why you point out their faith.

These people have had a chance and they blew it by deciding to be criminals.

"Though most of them came here legally, as refugees or through relatives who were American citizens, their green cards were revoked after criminal convictions on charges including theft, drug possession, rape and murder."

The law is the law and they can´t get a free pass just because they were lucky enough to not be rounded up and shipped home. And that judge needs to get a kick in the head, stopping a legal deportation is just a disgrace.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

"Though most of them came here legally, as refugees or through relatives who were American citizens, their green cards were revoked after criminal convictions on charges including theft, drug possession, rape and murder."

The law is the law and they can´t get a free pass just because they were lucky enough to not be rounded up and shipped home. And that judge needs to get a kick in the head, stopping a legal deportation is just a disgrace.

Advocating violence because snowflakes can't get what you want. But wait, there's more! Voting in a law-breaking orange buffoon but then complain about illegal immigration? The hypocrisy is hilarious.

----

There's not much that can be said. The Trump Administration is pursuing an extreme measure to deport any and all illegal immigrants despite extenuating circumstances surrounding individual cases and even going so far to deport anyone, even those trying to pursue legal avenues. While I do have sympathies toward the refugee community - regardless of their religious beliefs and ethnicities - some of those who are being deported did have green cards but were revoked for criminal convictions.

The only reason why they weren't deported was because Iraq refused to accept them until the travel ban was revised to remove Iraq as a banned nation.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@frank_castle said:

Contrary to your selfish ideology the US has always taken in refugees in trouble.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Advocating violence because snowflakes can't get what you want. But wait, there's more! Voting in a law-breaking orange buffoon but then complain about illegal immigration? The hypocrisy is hilarious.

----

There's not much that can be said. The Trump Administration is pursuing an extreme measure to deport any and all illegal immigrants despite extenuating circumstances surrounding individual cases and even going so far to deport anyone, even those trying to pursue legal avenues. While I do have sympathies toward the refugee community - regardless of their religious beliefs and ethnicities - some of those who are being deported did have green cards but were revoked for criminal convictions.

The only reason why they weren't deported was because Iraq refused to accept them until the travel ban was revised to remove Iraq as a banned nation.

Come on , did you just get in after a late night drinking? it´s not actual literally a kick in the head.

And i'm not concerned, these criminals will be shipped back , they can enjoy a few more days in America but soon they will be back where they belong.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

Contrary to your selfish ideology the US has always taken in refugees in trouble.

Always, huh? What about Jews from Nazi Germany? I guess they weren't in trouble in the 1930s.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@SOedipus said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Always, huh? What about Jews from Nazi Germany? I guess they weren't in trouble in the 1930s.

I was talking policy. Not specifics. And that is the policy.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@zaryia:

That's a funny kicker. Arab Christians in fear of deportation. Trump promised to protect Christians and deport illegals but what about illegal Arab Christians? Well, I'm glad people are out there fighting against it. Two sides of the political spectrum are torn apart and have two extremely different views on what makes America great. I wonder if we'll ever get out of this identity crisis.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

And America did take in these refugees, they just decided to commit a crime that range from theft up to murder and rape.

So again good riddance they are getting thrown back to the stone age society they seem to think exist and want to live in.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

And America did take in these refugees, they just decided to commit a crime that range from theft up to murder and rape.

So again good riddance they are getting thrown back to the stone age society they seem to think exist and want to live in.

Which has nothing to do with what he said.........

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Frank_Castle

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

I didn't say dick about refugees

I said that if you're in this country ILLEGALLY...well...then get the **** out.

Don't care if you're Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu.

Don't care if you're white, black, brown or purple.

Either go through the proper channels to obtain US citizenship or go back to whatever hovel you came from.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

Either go through the proper channels to obtain US citizenship or go back to whatever hovel you came from.

Neither of those links mention legality.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Drunk_PI

@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

----

Come on , did you just get in after a late night drinking? it´s not actual literally a kick in the head.

And i'm not concerned, these criminals will be shipped back , they can enjoy a few more days in America but soon they will be back where they belong.

"We should beat him up! Oh wait, I'm just kidding, lol."

The epitome of "duck and cover."

Come on already. You're advocating violence against an authority figure. At this point, I'm wondering who the real criminals are. Those contributing to the country through hard labor and good works or people like you?

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Frank_Castle

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

If they were US citizens, they wouldn't be getting deported.

Denaturalization is extremely rare

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Could be on visas. You are assuming they are illegal. Which is not in evidence.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Frank_Castle

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If their visas were valid, they wouldn't be getting deported.

If your visa has lapsed and you made no effort to schedule for a renewal...well...tough titties. Then you're now here illegally and you'll be shipped back to your homeland if caught.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If your visa has lapsed and you made no effort to schedule for a renewal...well...tough titties. Then you're now here illegally and you'll be shipped back to your homeland if caught.

So all you offer is assumptions? Visas can be pulled. So I will not assume the legality. It's not stated.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Frank_Castle

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So all you offer is assumptions? Visas can be pulled. So I will not assume the legality. It's not stated.

Could you imagine the utter shitshow that would take place if over 1,000 LEGAL U.S. citizens were deported?

C'mon, guy. Let's use our heads here.

And no, visas can't be pulled unless under extreme circumstances.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

Too many right wing keyboard warriors out there worry about shit that doesn't even effect them. Are you surprised that you're being thrown assumptions?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@frank_castle said:

Could you imagine the utter shitshow that would take place if over 1,000 LEGAL U.S. citizens were deported?

C'mon, guy. Let's use our heads here.

And no, visas can't be pulled unless under extreme circumstances.

So you offer more assumptions. Okay then. FYI Trumps first foray stopped people with legal visas.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Aren't these the ones that are criminals?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

----

Come on already. You're advocating violence against an authority figure. At this point, I'm wondering who the real criminals are. Those contributing to the country through hard labor and good works or people like you?

Oh my, hahaha. Stop being ridiculous.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drunk_PI

@Chutebox said:

Semantics

The person of interest being deported did commit a criminal act and did his time. After that, he became a positive contributor to society.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox

@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:

Semantics

The person of interest being deported did commit a criminal act and did his time. After that, he became a positive contributor to society.

Criminals, not semantics. Stop it.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Drunk_PI

@Chutebox said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:

Semantics

Semantics. Understand it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chutebox

@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:

Semantics

Fully do, although you don't seem to understand what a criminal is. An Illegal committing crimes on top of being here Illegally? Ya, I'm ok with it.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Drunk_PI

@Chutebox said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Chutebox said:

Semantics

Fully do, although you don't seem to understand what a criminal is. An Illegal committing crimes on top of being here Illegally? Ya, I'm ok with it.

I do.

The criminal justice system allows leeway depending on the circumstances. Laws aren't always absolute, citizens and non-citizens alike. In addition, even immigration law can be tricky where being here illegally can either be a misdemeanor (criminal) or a civil violation (not a crime but can be deported because you're "unlawfully here.")

So again, semantics.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chutebox

@drunk_pi: No semantics, but I'll agree to disagree.

Although I will agree with you about that dude who was mentioned in that second article.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

i didnt know agreeing to disagree on word definitions was allowed.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chutebox

@kod said:

i didnt know agreeing to disagree on word definitions was allowed.

Good thing that's not what I was mentioning.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

and yet again, history repeats itself in the worst possible way.

Except Iraqi Christians and not German Jews, so the same just the opposite :P Headline might as well read "US more or less kills 1000 Iraqis that were safe and sound in the US by sending them back to the shithole they escaped from"

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Drunk_PI

@mrbojangles25 said:

and yet again, history repeats itself in the worst possible way.

Except Iraqi Christians and not German Jews, so the same just the opposite :P Headline might as well read "US more or less kills 1000 Iraqis that were safe and sound in the US by sending them back to the shithole they escaped from"

It's a shame that we've allowed paranoia and fear to grip the nation.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

----

You are sometimes as your name suggest.

But think what you want, but if you really think that was supposed to be taken literally, then perhaps get more out into the real world.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

As stated in the article.

"The immigration authorities give the same explanation they have given for the arrests of tens of thousands of Latinos and other immigrants without legal status since Mr. Trump took office: These people, too, are what the government refers to as “criminal aliens.”

So there is no question of their status, they are here illegally either because of a revoked green card or because they never got one.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drunk_PI

@Jacanuk:

When you can't retort, resort to name-calling.

Again, typical of Trumpettes.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Well, to be fair their green cards were revoked for committing crimes. Living in the US as a green card holder is a privilege, not a right. It can be revoked if you **** up, and they learned the hard way of that fact. They just didn't get deported because their home country didn't want them back. Now that they do, their much delayed deportation is finally going through. I don't see what's wrong there. However, since it's been so long that their deportation has been delayed and many seem to have settled into a normal life as upstanding citizens, I wonder if there can be a case made to work with them on a case by case basis? Can you re-aply for a green card? I'm one two sides on this. hmm...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:

@Jacanuk:

Sure mate.

And no reason engaging in a childish debate with you about the meaning of that comment, since you clearly know it was not meant to be taken literally, you just tried a cheap shot.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
Loading Video...

"They have to go."

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Drunk_PI

@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

@Jacanuk:

Sure mate.

And no reason engaging in a childish debate with you about the meaning of that comment, since you clearly know it was not meant to be taken literally, you just tried a cheap shot.

I don't know. Considering the Trump rallies, Trumpettes are highly unpredictable and violent. Probably due to self-esteem issues or those "small" hands.

;)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#45 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Not like he ever cared about Christian Mexicans, so it's not like he's suddenly going to care about Christian Arabs.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drunk_PI

@Jag85 said:

Not like he ever cared about Christian Mexicans, so it's not like he's suddenly going to care about Christian Arabs.

The Christian Right are the greatest hypocrites in American politics. Nothing more than faux Christians selling snake oil to gullible fools.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

@Jacanuk:

Sure mate.

I don't know. Considering the Trump rallies, Trumpettes are highly unpredictable and violent. Probably due to self-esteem issues or those "small" hands.

;)

haha nice joke there :) small hands.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia said:

Trump promised to enforce existing immigration laws.

Furthermore, ICE officials remain firm that those on the list pose a threat to American citizens.

“Just last night we got a decision from a judge on a bunch of Iraqi Christians that we arrested up in Detroit, all these significant public safety threats – convicted of murder, rape, child molestation – and all of a sudden they have got to stay while they look at the case, should they be returned to Iraq because they might be in danger of being persecuted in Iraq?” acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said Wednesday on “Your World With Neil Cavuto.”

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

Furthermore, ICE officials remain firm that those on the list pose a threat to American citizens.

“Just last night we got a decision from a judge on a bunch of Iraqi Christians that we arrested up in Detroit, all these significant public safety threats – convicted of murder, rape, child molestation – and all of a sudden they have got to stay while they look at the case, should they be returned to Iraq because they might be in danger of being persecuted in Iraq?” acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said Wednesday on “Your World With Neil Cavuto.”

But he also promised to protect Christian refugees and immigrants!

But not like that matters, some people just want all browns deported regardless of death.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

But he also promised to protect Christian refugees and immigrants!

But not like that matters, some people just want all browns deported regardless of death.

BS http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-02/australian-detained-in-us-for-overstaying-visa-by-90-minutes/8489612

White Australian deported from the USA.

A Canberra man has been detained in the United States for reportedly overstaying his visa by less than two hours