NYT: Trump organization paid little to no federal taxes for years claiming massive losses.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

You don't believe the truth is in the public interest?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#102 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

Definitely believe anyone who commits federal crimes should be brought to justice.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 tenaka2

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

Definitely believe anyone who commits federal crimes should be brought to justice.

Attacking whistle blowers with threats of prison seems quite popular around here and with trump, he would like to charge them with treason also, hopefully he wont get his way as that is a very russian way of dealing with anyone who doesn't conform.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

If a federal official handed any official documents over the the New York Times that were considered classified they need to be held accountable period. No matter if you agree with it or not.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@eoten said:

So where's the illegal stuff?

Straw-Man. That was never the main claim of this incredibly damning report.

It is front page news everywhere. Trump's team is scrambling to clean this huge mess up as we speak.

This should play well with American workers....

Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair when he was on 'The Apprentice' and wrote it off as a business expense: NYT

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-spent-more-than-dollar70000-to-style-his-hair-when-he-was-on-the-apprentice-and-wrote-it-off-as-a-business-expense-nyt/ar-BB19tJAp?li=BBnb7Kz

• President Donald Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair — and wrote it off as a business expense — when he was on "The Apprentice," The New York Times reported Sunday.
  • The Times obtained decades of Trump's tax returns, compiling a much-anticipated report on Sunday that found the president had avoided paying federal income tax for much of the past two decades.
  • The bombshell report included the detail that Trump wrote off haircuts and styling as business expenses and also that nine Trump entities paid nearly $100,000 to Trump's daughter Ivanka's hair and makeup artist.
  • The Times found that Trump avoided paying federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years and paid just $750 in taxes in both 2016 and 2017.
  • The tax-return data also showed that Trump's businesses reported major losses and that he avoided paying income taxes "largely because he reported losing much more money than he made," the report said.
  • At a press conference on Sunday, Trump denied the Times report. "It's totally fake news. Made up, fake," he told reporters at the White House.

Lmao diva. What a scammer. Big swamp creature.

What is so damning in that report?

I listed some of the damming stuff in bullet points for you.

Please try reading next time.

Those so called damning points are just laughable, really? This is how all rich people live. Better stop defending all the hollyweird/TV personalities that do the same exact crap. Sorry if that is what you all have been waiting for I would be so disappointed. But, that has been most of the crap that you all have tried to blame on Trump and then it comes out to be not very much.

Seriously, this is just sad at this point. I want some illegal stuff, not someone just beating the system like every other rich folk.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tenaka2

@Xabiss said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

If a federal official handed any official documents over the the New York Times that were considered classified they need to be held accountable period. No matter if you agree with it or not.

Attacking whistle blowers is trumps usual move, no surprise his devotees are now mimicking him.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

Attacking whistle blowers is trumps usual move, no surprise his devotees are now mimicking him.

It's not a whistle blower when there's nothing incriminating, and goes along with a false narrative expecting readers to be too dumb to read past the title. NYT admitted Trump paid millions while claiming he paid none for so many years. Your big "$750 in taxes" was because he overpaid the years prior and the differences was credited the following year. It'd be like you getting a $55 cable bill, giving them $100, getting the same bill the next month, pay $10 to make up the difference, and someone claiming you only paid $10 that month :-o the fiend!

To make it simple...

No crime

Trump actually paid more in taxes than you are ever going to earn in your life time during the time these returns are from

NYT illegally acquired the documents, or completely made up the story hoping to force Trump to release the real ones.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Does anyone believe trump does his own taxes?

He's paying firms to deal with this and yes im sure they try to save him as much money as possible.

I don't like paying taxes, if I had trumps money id pay accountants to find as many loopholes and write offs as possible.

Taxation is theft, government just wastes our money anyway

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@eoten said:

So where's the illegal stuff?

Straw-Man. That was never the main claim of this incredibly damning report.

It is front page news everywhere. Trump's team is scrambling to clean this huge mess up as we speak.

This should play well with American workers....

Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair when he was on 'The Apprentice' and wrote it off as a business expense: NYT

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-spent-more-than-dollar70000-to-style-his-hair-when-he-was-on-the-apprentice-and-wrote-it-off-as-a-business-expense-nyt/ar-BB19tJAp?li=BBnb7Kz

• President Donald Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair — and wrote it off as a business expense — when he was on "The Apprentice," The New York Times reported Sunday.
  • The Times obtained decades of Trump's tax returns, compiling a much-anticipated report on Sunday that found the president had avoided paying federal income tax for much of the past two decades.
  • The bombshell report included the detail that Trump wrote off haircuts and styling as business expenses and also that nine Trump entities paid nearly $100,000 to Trump's daughter Ivanka's hair and makeup artist.
  • The Times found that Trump avoided paying federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years and paid just $750 in taxes in both 2016 and 2017.
  • The tax-return data also showed that Trump's businesses reported major losses and that he avoided paying income taxes "largely because he reported losing much more money than he made," the report said.
  • At a press conference on Sunday, Trump denied the Times report. "It's totally fake news. Made up, fake," he told reporters at the White House.

Lmao diva. What a scammer. Big swamp creature.

What is so damning in that report?

I listed some of the damming stuff in bullet points for you.

Please try reading next time.

Those so called damning points are just laughable, really? This is how all rich people live.

Subjective. But cool, lets fix that. Sounds scummy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Zaryia

That was quick. We went from "fake news" to "NYT obtained criminal documents" pretty fast. So which is it btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#111 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@zaryia said:

That was quick. We went from "fake news" to "NYT obtained criminal documents" pretty fast. So which is it btw.

Whatever fits the narrative at any given moment.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Zaryia

@warmblur said:

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tenaka2

@jeezers said:

Taxation is theft

Repeat that when you need an ambulance or a fire truck some day.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@horgen said:
@zaryia said:

Whatever fits the narrative at any given moment.

Trump has already stated that the report is false. It has to be fake news unless he's lying, and he wouldn't do that.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

To all Trumps sheep’s stop defending Dear Leader Baby Trump we all know he will cry fake news there is an easy way to prove everything just release your tax returns if you have nothing to worry about problem solved but sheep’s always follow and can not think for them self

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Inclined to agree.

Attacking whistle blowers with threats of prison seems quite popular around here and with trump, he would like to charge them with treason also, hopefully he wont get his way as that is a very russian way of dealing with anyone who doesn't conform.

Right to know and need to know are two very important mantras within the criminal justice world; releasing personal identifying information is illegal, especially when the intent isn't to show "illicit" (or criminal) activity. The whistle blow act will not protect the person(s).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I wonder if the Trump voters and Republican voters actually think it is OK for Trump to pay 750 dollars.

I don't mean in a legal sense; whatever loopholes he abused raped to end up paying 750 in taxes, well, that's a problem but if it is legal then we have some work to do.

But I wonder if they are actually OK with a failed businessman-turned-con-man as president from an ethical standpoint. Moral. Practical. Whatever. Just forget the legal argument for a second.

Let's also provide some context:

• Trump paid Stormie Daniels $100+k to keep quiet about his affairs.
  • Trump paid India $100+k in owed money.
  • Trump paid the Phillipines $100+k in owed money.
  • Trump paid $70+k on his hair styling
  • Trump paid his daughter hundreds of thousands of dollars in consulting fees.

And he paid the US $750.

Trump, a billionaire, paid $750 in taxes.

If Trump is a loser (and he is) in terms of business, and he abuses the laws and rules and regulations the rest of us abide by, and we vote him in a second time....what does that make us? His hos? More of a loser than him?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tenaka2

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Right to know and need to know are two very important mantras within the criminal justice world; releasing personal identifying information is illegal, especially when the intent isn't to show "illicit" (or criminal) activity. The whistle blow act will not protect the person(s).

You banned me once already for contradicting you , I am not going to argue with you.

I would also like to warn anyone else to not to the same unless you want to also get banned.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Why are people on here acting like Trump signs into turbotax and does his own taxes? He has firms do them, and I assume legally. If you were in his situation, would you demand to your tax firm that they did the taxes wrong and insist on paying the government more? I'm not even sure that'd be ethical... pay what your owe, obey the tax laws. If he did anything illegal, I'm sure it'll be front page news. I have a hard time believing a president would do something as stupid as tax fraud, which is easy to audit and check. Now there's conflicting reports about the $750... I'm beginning to think I'm not pro Trump, but more anti-media.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/28/washington-post-endorses-biden-honor/

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You banned me once already for contradicting you , I am not going to argue with you.

I would also like to warn anyone else to not to the same unless you want to also get banned.

*Trump commits fraud and crimes against the nation* Stevo is ok with it.

*Someone else exposes Trump's fraud and crimes against the nation* Stevo is not ok with it.

Can't argue with cultists and fanatics. I guarantee you if these forums existed in the 1960s and 70s, the Trumpettes would be defending Jim Crow and various unjust laws while demanding the arrest of those Civil Rights agitators.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Why does this "surprise" anyone?

He mentioned as much during the 2016 campaign; saying something along the lines of "I know all the tricks they use, I've used them," with a shrug.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Zaryia

@joshrmeyer said:

Why are people on here acting like Trump signs into turbotax and does his own taxes? He has firms do them, and I assume legally. If you were in his situation, would you demand to your tax firm that they did the taxes wrong and insist on paying the government more? I'm not even sure that'd be ethical... pay what your owe, obey the tax laws. If he did anything illegal, I'm sure it'll be front page news. I have a hard time believing a president would do something as stupid as tax fraud, which is easy to audit and check. Now there's conflicting reports about the $750... I'm beginning to think I'm not pro Trump, but more anti-media.

Nah. You're pro trump. He lies god damn so much yet all the media is wrong and he never is? Sure.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Zaryia

Five takeaways from NYT Trump taxes bombshell

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/518612-five-takeaways-from-nyt-trump-taxes-bombshell

Trump paid almost nothing in personal income taxes for nearly two decades

Business losses protected his personal gains

Financial record at odds with Trump's boasts and disclosures

A ton of debt — and due soon

Trump could face serious legal consequences

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tenaka2

@drunk_pi said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

*Someone else exposes Trump's fraud and crimes against the nation* Stevo is not ok with it.

Can't argue with cultists and fanatics. I guarantee you if these forums existed in the 1960s and 70s, the Trumpettes would be defending Jim Crow and various unjust laws while demanding the arrest of those Civil Rights agitators.

You are going to get banned.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@zaryia: That debt would hinder him from many positions, but not being president apparently.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Gatygun

@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:

Pretty sure democrats run new york already for ages. They got nothing but themselves to blame for it.

So if people are educated having an incompetent failure as president makes it their fault?

He can say whatever he wants. At the end of the day he's responsible for new york if he is the mayor of new york or spokesman for the mayor.. He can only blame democrats for it as they rule it. If he decides not too then honestly why even bother listen towards the guy even further.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 tenaka2

@Gatygun said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:

Pretty sure democrats run new york already for ages. They got nothing but themselves to blame for it.

So if people are educated having an incompetent failure as president makes it their fault?

He can say whatever he wants. At the end of the day he's responsible for new york if he is the mayor of new york or spokesman for the mayor.. He can only blame democrats for it as they rule it. If he decides not too then honestly why even bother listen towards the guy even further.

OK so fine, if your claim is that the US president is not responsible for any of the states of the united states of America what exactly is he responsible for?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jeezers said:

Does anyone believe trump does his own taxes?

He's paying firms to deal with this and yes im sure they try to save him as much money as possible.

I don't like paying taxes, if I had trumps money id pay accountants to find as many loopholes and write offs as possible.

Taxation is theft, government just wastes our money anyway

And the people he pays only can use what he gives them.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@zaryia: In your mind, everyone that doesn't agree with you or your "side" is ProTrump... there's no in between.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

That's not how the Gamespot Terms of Use works as it has been aptly explained to you in detail multiple times.

@drunk_pi said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

As I clearly stated above, anyone who commits federal crimes should be brought to justice in full accordance with the law. No one is above the law, not the employee(s) entrusted with private information, nor the President of the United States. Is there alledged criminal wrong-doing in the leaked information? Which violations?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Gatygun

@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:

OK so fine, if your claim is that the US president is not responsible for any of the states of the united states of America what exactly is he responsible for?

Didn't know new york is all states of america.

But i am pretty sure he offered help for new york but the mayor declined it for whatever reason. So really what is trump supposed to do? raid new york and jail there leaders which probably isn't going to work so well with new york population as they at the end pick those people i assume as there leaders. it would straight up become completely chaos.

So new york basically has to deal with the people they voted for.

Or what in your opinion could trump have done? to help new york if there mayor doesn't accept any of his help?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tenaka2

Do not contradict.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@zaryia said:

It's going to be a constant pivot. The name of the game is constant deflection. Once you've been asked to defend something and can't, pivot and blame. Keep turning until the other side is exhausted.

Their cult leader at the top is without error.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tenaka2

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

It's going to be a constant pivot. The name of the game is constant deflection. Once you've been asked to defend something and can't, pivot and blame. Keep turning until the other side is exhausted.

It is the complete without error thing that is strange to me, they all think trump is perfect in everyway, it is really weird.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 HoolaHoopMan

@zaryia said:

Socialism for old rich white guys is "totally cool, it's not even illegal".

Socialism for poor black families "well that's too bad, it should be illegal".

GOP wondering why it's base is shrinking for anyone who isn't almost dead.

That's how it goes. When a rich guy uses legal means to game the system he's 'smart'. When a poor guy does it he's a 'leech' on society. I've already had this same conversation on this board mere months ago. They're hypocrites and apply double standards.

We've got a billionaire paying less in federal taxes over a decade than almost every other worker out there and we're vilifying the poor f*ckers instead. It's unbelievable.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Gatygun

@tenaka2 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

It is the complete without error thing that is strange to me, they all think trump is perfect in everyway, it is really weird.

Do they tho? I wonder if they actually do, i also wonder if any liberal even likes biden for that matter.

I think both vote for each one of them simple for the fact there is nothing else to pick for there needs. US needs to start moving into a more party system where both republicans and democrats start to fade more to the background or need to work together with more party's to get a government going.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 mattbbpl

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

That's how it goes. When a rich guy uses legal means to game the system he's 'smart'. When a poor guy does it he's a 'leech' on society. I've already had this same conversation on this board mere months ago. They're hypocrites and apply double standards.

We've got a billionaire paying less in federal taxes over a decade than almost every other worker out there and we're vilifying the poor f*ckers instead. It's unbelievable.

Related - audit rates on the wealthy have been reduced by a factor of 5:

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Zaryia

@Gatygun said:
@tenaka2 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

Do they tho? I wonder if they actually do, i also wonder if any liberal even likes biden for that matter.

I think both vote for each one of them simple for the fact there is nothing else to pick for there needs. US needs to start moving into a more party system where both republicans and democrats start to fade more to the background.

Neither is ideal, but Biden is head over heals better than Trump.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

We see the same theme with major corporations exploiting the tax-code to net-0 applications when debt and expenditures/losses come into play. The goal for everyone when doing taxes is to pay the least amount possible. No one happily pays their taxes or wishes they paid more - otherwise, feel free to donate your "share" to the treasury. My goal is to not get a refund because I don't want the government to receive a no-interest loan from me.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Xabiss

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

Remember this is a system that the Republicans and Democrats have created. Some of those tax returns where when Obama was president. If Trump did everything legally maybe the finger pointing should be at your senator and representative that created this system.

Can't blame a person for using the system to gain those advantages legally. I guarantee we would all use them if we could.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Zaryia
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

Eoten in particular was very much against poor people legally getting healthcare in a recent thread, but thinks Trump's loopholes and avoiding paying millions are awesome.

Just amazing really.

I don't even get why, a lot of the GOP base isn't some uber rich people owning a yachts. It's against their own self interests. It probably boils it down to one thing, and it was successfully used during the Southern Strategy and it remains today.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mattbbpl

@zaryia said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@zaryia said:

Eoten in particular was very much against poor people legally getting healthcare in a recent thread, but thinks Trump's loopholes and avoiding paying millions are awesome.

Just amazing really.

I don't even get why, a lot of the GOP base isn't some uber rich people owning a yachts. It's against their own self interests. It probably boils it down to one thing, and it was successfully used during the Southern Strategy and it remains today.

So is the bottom line that taking advantage of those programs should be shame free and even heralded as "smart" as long as it isn't illegal?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 HoolaHoopMan

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

We see the same theme with major corporations exploiting the tax-code to net-0 applications when debt and expenditures/losses come into play. The goal for everyone when doing taxes is to pay the least amount possible. No one happily pays their taxes or wishes they paid more - otherwise, feel free to donate your "share" to the treasury. My goal is to not get a refund because I don't want the government to receive a no-interest loan from me.

Yes, I've heard this same mantra over and over. It's quite tiring at this point. Arguing what people should do when filing is boring. Get your taxes to be as low as possible blah blah blah. Ignoring that some of what Trump is described as doing is probably suspect if not illegal, it's not delving into the real dilemma.

A better discussion is what people should be paying instead. Now, do you think a billionaire and large corporations should be paying near zero in income taxes? Again, I don't care about what they currently do. I'm asking what should they be paying in a more utopic hypothetical.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Eoten

@mrbojangles25 said:

I wonder if the Trump voters and Republican voters actually think it is OK for Trump to pay 750 dollars.

I don't mean in a legal sense; whatever loopholes he abused raped to end up paying 750 in taxes, well, that's a problem but if it is legal then we have some work to do.

But I wonder if they are actually OK with a failed businessman-turned-con-man as president from an ethical standpoint. Moral. Practical. Whatever. Just forget the legal argument for a second.

And he paid the US $750.

If Trump is a loser (and he is) in terms of business, and he abuses the laws and rules and regulations the rest of us abide by, and we vote him in a second time....what does that make us? His hos? More of a loser than him?

You may want to read through the article again, he overpaid the year prior which was credited to taxes owed the following year. Don't fall for the fake news narrative others are pushing here. You can read this about 1/3 of the page down on the original NYT article.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 HoolaHoopMan

@Xabiss said:

Can't blame a person for using the system to gain those advantages legally. I guarantee we would all use them if we could.

I don't like this reasoning. It ignores that people with money and power tend to write and shape laws in the first place, hence they can dictate legality. It also conveniently absolves the person abusing any laws from any culpability for actions that may be inherently immoral. However, let's take this nonsense to the extreme and transport ourselves back to the 1700s.

"I guess we can't really blame all those slave owners for beating, raping, selling, human beings like cattle. Slavery is legal and using the system to gain these advantages of slave labor is legal!"

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Eoten
@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Gatygun said:

Do you really not know how the US works, anything about separation of powers, or states rights or even the constitution? I'd bet money on "no."

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 mattbbpl

@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

And he paid the US $750.

You may want to read through the article again, he overpaid the year prior which was credited to taxes owed the following year. Don't fall for the fake news narrative others are pushing here. You can read this about 1/3 of the page down on the original NYT article.

I assume you're referring to this?

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#150 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I know people have trump derangement syndrome & hate the guy but anyone notice all the other rich people calling out Trump about his taxes ?

* crickets *

I bet theres a ton of 1%s whose sphincters are puckering up right now about taxes. If they can out Trump they’ll out them all. French Revolution 2020 ?