NYP drops story of scandal involving Joe & Hunter Biden, hard drive found with footage of hunter smoking crack

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 93 Posts

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf.

The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.

The computer was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden’s home state of Delaware in April 2019, according to the store’s owner.

Other material extracted from the computer includes a raunchy, 12-minute video that appears to show Hunter, who’s admitted struggling with addiction problems, smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman, as well as numerous other sexually explicit images.

The customer who brought in the water-damaged MacBook Pro for repair never paid for the service or retrieved it or a hard drive on which its contents were stored, according to the shop owner, who said he tried repeatedly to contact the client.

The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.

Photos of a Delaware federal subpoena given to The Post show that both the computer and hard drive were seized by the FBI in December, after the shop’s owner says he alerted the feds to their existence.

But before turning over the gear, the shop owner says, he made a copy of the hard drive and later gave it to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello.

Steve Bannon, former adviser to President Trump, told The Post about the existence of the hard drive in late September and Giuliani provided The Post with a copy of it on Sunday.

Less than eight months after Pozharskyi thanked Hunter Biden for the introduction to his dad, the then-vice president admittedly pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk into getting rid of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin by threatening to withhold a $1 billion US loan guarantee during a December 2015 trip to Kiev.

“I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” Biden infamously bragged to the Council on Foreign Relations in 2018.

“Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.”

Shokin has said that at the time of his firing, in March 2016, he’d made “specific plans” to investigate Burisma that “included interrogations and other crime-investigation procedures into all members of the executive board, including Hunter Biden.”

Joe Biden has insisted that the US wanted Shokin removed over corruption concerns, which were shared by the European Union.

Meanwhile, an email dated May 12, 2014 — shortly after Hunter Biden joined the Burisma board — shows Pozharskyi attempting to get him to use his political leverage to help the company.

The message had the subject line “urgent issue” and was also sent to Hunter Biden’s business partner, Devon Archer, who also sat on the Burisma board at the time.

This story is pretty damning for Biden, Social Media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have been actively censoring the story. CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey has made a statement in regards to the story being taken down on his platform.

political pundits have began to weigh in.

Personally I think this information was sat on for sure, to release close to the election to hurt Biden, however that doesn't mean its false or fake.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

Nypost. Fake

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 1993 Posts

So, Hunter really was selling access and favors to foreign oligarchs. Joe Biden has been officially named in a criminal investigation in Ukraine over the incident as well.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

It’s not a leftist media outlet therefore it’s fake.

Just look around political gamers if you don’t believe me.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#6 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 46297 Posts

Public figures have a different level of expectation of privacy, especially in relation to an election. But at the same time, there's no need to post the photographs on the forums. They have been removed and the topic may be discussed.

The story is flimsy at best and yet to be independently verified by other news organizations, but the over-reaching ramifications (Streisand effect) is worth discussing regarding Twitter's methodology of handling what they consider "fake news."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 16505 Posts

The information was almost certainly sat on for sure.

The story does come across as rather flimsy, the Ukraine story WILL damage Biden.

As for the drugs and possible prostitute? Personally I don't care. Maybe this would encourage Biden to go further than just legalize weed. Legalize all drugs and prostitution.

Edit: Seems there is ANOTHER controversy surrounding Hunter that just popped up, regarding an attempt to cash in from a chinese firm.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/emails-reveal-how-hunter-biden-tried-to-cash-in-big-with-chinese-firm/

Again, this is flimsy, take it with a grain of salt.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 171588 Posts

From what I read they can't find any source of a meeting with Joe and the Ukraine. Seems to not be as cut and dried as the Post made it seem. Also same as the FBI and re-investigation into the emails that came to nothing again but damaged a campaign. I'm sensing a pattern.

Also per the Washington Post.......quote

Joe Biden did not push out a Ukrainian prosecutor for investigating his son, The Washington Post confirms A series of emails obtained by the New York Post were published on Wednesday in a story alleging that Hunter Biden, the son of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, introduced his father to a top executive at Ukrainian energy firm Burisma, and that Biden pushed for the firing of a prosecutor investigating Burisma. However, according to The Washington Post, then-Vice President Biden played no role in pressuring Ukraine officials into firing the prosecutor, who also was not investigating the energy firm. It also doesn't detail whether the elder Biden actually met with Hunter’s Ukrainian business associate.

/unquote.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14147 Posts

Very very flimsy story. As expected from the GOP October surprise after the Unmasking probe flopped this week.

An explosive New York Post story that sent Trumpworld into a frenzy is riddled with holes and red flags

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-post-hunter-joe-biden-giuliani-red-flags-disinformation-2020-10

Hunter Biden emails: ‘Smoking gun’ discovery or Republican disinformation?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/hunter-biden-emails-ukraine-fake-news-new-york-post-trump-rudy-giuliani-b1041498.html

It's a last ditch effort. And a bad one. Even if the e-mails are true, it never indicates Joe took the meeting. So what is the issue?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

More GOP lies. This is weak, look at the email addresses, very suspect. Will this damage Biden? Probably not. It wasn’t the emails that hurt Clinton.

Why was this unlocked?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic  Online

@thegreatchomp said:

More GOP lies. This is weak, look at the email addresses, very suspect. Will this damage Biden? Probably not. It wasn’t the emails that hurt Clinton.

Why was this unlocked?

They did hurt with some voters.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 19200 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Why was this unlocked?

They did hurt with some voters.

Statistically it had to, and since elections are won on the margin....

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44575 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

Why was this unlocked?

It's interesting that people are claiming the information is false because the source is sketchy. When I heard this, it simply sounded like a made up source to hide the actual source. Source of data doesn't really matter as long as it's accurate.

It got unlocked (it wasn't me) because the pic wasn't necessary in the thread but I do agree on one thing, this story is so damn stupid! And even if it's true (and it seems improbable based on everything revealed thus far) I don't think anyone would care. We all know Hunter Biden isn't running for the big office, and even if he was, the story is "he may have gotten a position due to his dad's connections?" Like, do you honestly think any of the Trump children have ever earned anything on their own merits? It's like layers of pointless on pointless. This 'scandal' is that a series of very unlikely things may point to the guy who isn't running for office doing something that Trump's kids have done their whole lives. How, precisely, is this supposed to deter me from voting for Biden? Early votes are coming in fast, so hardly anyone cares.

(Buuut I do wonder if Trump will talk about this tonight's debate)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic  Online

@davillain-: What about the comments Don Jr and Eric made about the money from Russian banks? Needs to be investigated.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10547 Posts

The 'smoking gun' would not be some allegations centered around a hopeful email but evidence of an actual meeting. If the Justice Department indeed had this 10 months ago they would have definitely included it in their reports and dragged this out before Biden could get so far up in polls. They supposedly had 10 months to investigate this and no word of it. Instead it's a leak being farted out with less than three weeks left. If these documents were officially released in a report they wouldn't have gotten their twitter blocked. It seems like they would have wanted anything to legitimize their rhetoric all along. Why would they jump on a leak instead of documenting it in an official capacity?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@davillain-: The story is only as valid as the source. If it came from Project Varitas I do the same. If there is a real source, we need to see it.

I’m voting Biden regardless. Trump has done way worse.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

Personally I think this information was sat on for sure, to release close to the election to hurt Biden, however that doesn't mean its false or fake.

Yup, that's how these things work for presidential elections. the October Surprise.

I don't find it damning because not only is the source very shady, but even if it was true Biden never agreed to the ask. The own story contradicts itself.

On the other hand, all of the Trump October surprises (NYT Tax stories) have been far more damning and verified - and it shows in the polls.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eoten

@davillain- said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Why was this unlocked?

It's interesting that people are claiming the information is false because the source is sketchy. When I heard this, it simply sounded like a made up source to hide the actual source. Source of data doesn't really matter as long as it's accurate.

It got unlocked (it wasn't me) because the pic wasn't necessary in the thread but I do agree on one thing, this story is so damn stupid! And even if it's true (and it seems improbable based on everything revealed thus far) I don't think anyone would care. We all know Hunter Biden isn't running for the big office, and even if he was, the story is "he may have gotten a position due to his dad's connections?" Like, do you honestly think any of the Trump children have ever earned anything on their own merits? It's like layers of pointless on pointless. This 'scandal' is that a series of very unlikely things may point to the guy who isn't running for office doing something that Trump's kids have done their whole lives. How, precisely, is this supposed to deter me from voting for Biden? Early votes are coming in fast, so hardly anyone cares.

(Buuut I do wonder if Trump will talk about this tonight's debate)

It's not about Hunter Biden as much as it is about Joe. Allowing family to sell access and favors while VP, and using that power as VP to protect the interests of his son is corruption, bribery, possibly extortion. They are very serious crimes, especially for someone in public office. And unlike Hillary's paid for scandal, this actually has evidence. Ukraine just named Joe Biden as a subject in a bribery investigation. Can you explain to me why a company ran by a man guilty of embezzling billions of dollars hired Hunter Biden after his company was being investigated, and soon after Joe swoops in to get that prosecutor fired?

And since it seems very likely Joe was trading favors and influence for personal gains through his son, what did Russia get out of the money a Russian oligarch paid him? And what about the Chinese? We were losing half a trillion a year in trade deficits with China and Joe Biden praises them, says they're not competition, and China doing well is a good thing for our country. He called Trump a racist and xenophobe after travel from China was closed down. The green new deal would decimate US manufacturing jobs, and that trade deficit would multiply. Has Biden been paid to lobby for the Chinese?

These are important questions they are asking themselves, and the more that come out about Hunter Biden, the more credible it all becomes.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14685 Posts

It's getting really embarrassing watching the GOP flounder around for an October surprise because DT can't beat Biden on policy or likability.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 2743 Posts

https://youtu.be/fdCLjW-_uwg

This sums it up pretty well. These tech companies have crossed the line that they had drawn themselves over who and what they prefer to censor. It's a despicable double-standard, and outrageous to see these companies pull this kind of shit this close to the election while failing to implement the standard at any point before. If this isn't corruption, idk what is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Miyomatic: Then you don’t know what is. They have every right to censor as they please. Sad thing is you are more mad at that then Biden being illegally hacked and this being leaked to influence an election.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: Enough conspiracy theories. There is really not much here and the story contradicts itself. Move on to something credible.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:

@eoten: Enough conspiracy theories. There is really not much here and the story contradicts itself. Move on to something credible.

At this point the conspiracy theory is that a company under investigation gave Joe Biden's son millions of dollars for no reason. And the Chinese and Russian oligarchs were simply being generous.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124304 Posts

@Vaasman said:

It's getting really embarrassing watching the GOP flounder around for an October surprise because DT can't beat Biden on policy or likability.

Wasn’t that supposed to be the investigation Barr had into Obama? Which ended up exonerate him.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11751 Posts

Trump couldn't even get anything solid after extorting an entire nation. He can't run on his own merits so he's throwing weight behind any tabloid story to deflect from his sh*t economy and 200K plus body count.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: Mountain out of a mole hill. You’re just trying to add more here than there is. You can stop your shilling for Trump, nobody cares.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gatygun  Online
Member since 2010 • 2159 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

From what I read they can't find any source of a meeting with Joe and the Ukraine. Seems to not be as cut and dried as the Post made it seem. Also same as the FBI and re-investigation into the emails that came to nothing again but damaged a campaign. I'm sensing a pattern.

Also per the Washington Post.......quote

Joe Biden did not push out a Ukrainian prosecutor for investigating his son, The Washington Post confirms A series of emails obtained by the New York Post were published on Wednesday in a story alleging that Hunter Biden, the son of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, introduced his father to a top executive at Ukrainian energy firm Burisma, and that Biden pushed for the firing of a prosecutor investigating Burisma. However, according to The Washington Post, then-Vice President Biden played no role in pressuring Ukraine officials into firing the prosecutor, who also was not investigating the energy firm. It also doesn't detail whether the elder Biden actually met with Hunter’s Ukrainian business associate.

/unquote.

Loading Video...

Washington post endorses biden.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eoten

@Miyomatic said:

https://youtu.be/fdCLjW-_uwg

This sums it up pretty well. These tech companies have crossed the line that they had drawn themselves over who and what they prefer to censor. It's a despicable double-standard, and outrageous to see these companies pull this kind of shit this close to the election while failing to implement the standard at any point before. If this isn't corruption, idk what is.

Yeah, controlling over 90% of the market share of the free flow of information, and censoring that information politically is putting not just the US, but the world in a very dangerous situation where the future of politics can be controlled by a small handful of tech corporation CEOs. But, many on here are just fine with that, because, at present they agree with them. You know, it's ironic. They piss and moan about "Citizens United" and tell us how big corporations shouldn't be able to influence politics... yet here we are, with them defending it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@Gatygun: Talk about taking something out of context.

The prosecutor who was fired refused to investigate corruption. From Wikipedia

He was removed from office in March 2016 by a vote in the Ukrainian Parliament following pressure from the European Union, the United States, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.[2][3]

Shokin was appointed Prosecutor General of Ukraine on 10 February 2015, replacing Vitaly Yarema.[6] He was a controversial appointee due to his perceived role in blocking prosecutions against those accused of shooting demonstrators in the 2014 Ukrainian revolution.[7] As Prosecutor General, he was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and hindering the fight against corruption in Ukraine.[8]

In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarchMykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010–2012.[38][39]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".[24] Among other issues, he was slow-walking the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma and, according to Zlochevsky's allies, using the threat of prosecution to try to solicit bribes from Mr. Zlochevsky and his team – to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[38]

But hey don't let facts get in way of your narrative.

to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[38]

Even Obama considered investigating Burisma because Shokin did a poor job.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eoten
@thegreatchomp said:

@eoten: Mountain out of a mole hill. You’re just trying to add more here than there is. You can stop your shilling for Trump, nobody cares.

It's not. The timeline of events puts Biden MEETING people in Burisma after Burisma was being investigated and Joe clearly used his position to end that investigation. Nobody who isn't 100% a zealot for the left would look at that, and not see a clear cut case of bribery.

Oh, and that entire impeachment sham put on by the coup clutz clan was predicated on no such thing happening. Since it clearly did, that thoroughly delegitimizes the entire impeachment sham from earlier this year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: You are assuming things with little proof. Read above you, multiple people have highlighted holes in this.

The second part, you will never see the light.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 48508 Posts

Well I suppose this should be at least taken seriously, though at the taxpayer's expense all this nonsense is probably costing us billions at this point.

NY Post is a tabloid, btw, and should be ignored.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

...the over-reaching ramifications (Streisand effect) is worth discussing regarding Twitter's methodology of handling what they consider "fake news."...

Jesus, they have a name for everything.

Looked up the history of the Streisand Effect, that is hilarious.

Streisand: "Hey internet, don't take/post photos of my house!"
Internet: *takes a lot of photos of house and posts them*

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaryia
@eoten said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Joe clearly used his position to end that investigation.

Citation?

Even this flimsy story did not prove that.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#34 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 46297 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Well I suppose this should be at least taken seriously, though at the taxpayer's expense all this nonsense is probably costing us billions at this point.

NY Post is a tabloid, btw, and should be ignored.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

...the over-reaching ramifications (Streisand effect) is worth discussing regarding Twitter's methodology of handling what they consider "fake news."...

Jesus, they have a name for everything.

Looked up the history of the Streisand Effect, that is hilarious.

Streisand: "Hey internet, don't take/post photos of my house!"

Internet: *takes a lot of photos of house and posts them*

Godwin's law remains my favorite because it's still patently silly at its core; yet it remains insanely plausible, reinforced by the many overt examples we see on this forum. But Twitter and Facebook both just reinforced many of the far right viewpoints of controlled content and interference when the narrative reaches *insert proponent here*. Just more toppings of how ugly November will be.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Gatygun: Sigh.......the entire free world wanted that prosecutor fired because he wasn't going after corruption. Which is the opposite of your agenda.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sevenizz

Hearsay stories about Trump without video or audio are allowed to run rampant on FB and Twitter, but dare to challenge a Democrat with seemingly actual evidence and it’s censor city?

It’s like they’re not even trying to hide their bias anymore.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sevenizz

I’d like to know the conversation that took place to get this thread unlocked. I know for a fact a mod locked this yesterday. The reasoning gone too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Sevenizz: An inappropriate picture that has been removed mostly.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sevenizz

@thegreatchomp: ‘But I know what you think the reason is. Hint: You’re wrong.’

I can assure you you don’t know what I think about anything.

Must everything you reply to me with be rude?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Sevenizz: That wasn’t rude. Chill. All I did was answer your question.

And we all know what you think, you post it everyday.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10547 Posts

@thegreatchomp: No you don't understand. His poor poor feewings got hurt. You bad scawy man. Now he doesn't want to be your friend anymore. It's not deflection at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@girlusocrazy: Oh no. Now I feel all bads.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2830 Posts

oh, now we are suppose to send people to jail because they smoked crack? man, are GOP desperate to send anyone to prison

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2830 Posts
@thegreatchomp said:

@Sevenizz: That wasn’t rude. Chill. All I did was answer your question.

And we all know what you think, you post it everyday.

oh don't mind @Sevenizz he's a pretty good person, but gets butthurt rather easily. Especially when it comes to anything regarding to the idiot in the WH.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gatygun  Online
Member since 2010 • 2159 Posts

@horgen said:

He was removed from office in March 2016 by a vote in the Ukrainian Parliament following pressure from the European Union, the United States, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.[2][3]

Shokin was appointed Prosecutor General of Ukraine on 10 February 2015, replacing Vitaly Yarema.[6] He was a controversial appointee due to his perceived role in blocking prosecutions against those accused of shooting demonstrators in the 2014 Ukrainian revolution.[7] As Prosecutor General, he was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and hindering the fight against corruption in Ukraine.[8]

In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarchMykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010–2012.[38][39]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".[24] Among other issues, he was slow-walking the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma and, according to Zlochevsky's allies, using the threat of prosecution to try to solicit bribes from Mr. Zlochevsky and his team – to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[38]

to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[38]

This is what they say:

"However, according to The Washington Post, then-Vice President Biden played no role in pressuring Ukraine officials into firing the prosecutor"

That video proofs exactly that he did played a roll straight out of his own mouth. He pressured the president to fire the top prosecutor by holding back funding until he got fired.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eoten

Well, if Joe Biden wants to claim he has never met with the head of Burisma, perhaps he should do so under oath?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: If Trump didn’t conspire with Russia, maybe he should deny it under oath?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator

@Gatygun said:
@horgen said:

This is what they say:

"However, according to The Washington Post, then-Vice President Biden played no role in pressuring Ukraine officials into firing the prosecutor"

That video proofs exactly that he did played a roll straight out of his own mouth. He pressured the president to fire the top prosecutor by holding back funding until he got fired.

Being wrong about whether or not then VP Biden pushed for firing the top prosecutor vs what is normally brought up about this case is like comparing a molehill to a mountain.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1192 Posts