NY police shove an old man as curfew begins, man falls backwards and cracks his skull

• 101 results
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I'm going to post the link on the youtube video for this instead of posting the video itself which I want people to know is disturbing and graphic, but it's real, it happened, and it makes me think that the country is taking quick steps towards becoming a full on a police state. Are we just going to accept the country becoming the antithesis of freedom? I hope not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekadjcLqGsM&feature=emb_title

For further context, the officer who pushed the man has been suspended, that said the officer who did the pushing clearly wanted to help and started to kneel down next to him, but was told not to by the officer next to him and the rest of the force kept on walking as though this sort of thing has become more or less normal. One person did call for a medic, but........

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Those cops should be prosecuted for that. Plus they didn't even try to see if the man was okay as blood was coming out of the back of his head. Seriously a grotesque display of power and they should all be ashamed of themselves for it.

Even if the other officer said not to do it he still should have. Unless if it was superior then they should also be prosecuted.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Just a bad apple. The culture of the police force is fine, and there's nothing to see here.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

F*** pigs

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl

The initial report of the incident from the officers stated he merely tripped and fell:

The Buffalo Police Department's initial statement was that "one person was injured when he tripped & fell" in a skirmish between police and protesters; however, the video started spreading, Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers and opened an investigation.

Once the video was released, the two primary officers involved were suspended.

Since then, all officers on the ERS in the department have resigned in a show of solidarity for the two suspended officers.

All 57 members of the Buffalo Police Department's Emergency Response Team resigned Friday from the unit in an apparent show of support for two officers who were suspended without pay after being filmed pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground Thursday night.

Link

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Now imagine what they do when the cameras aren't on.

Also:

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

The initial report of the incident from the officers stated he merely tripped and fell:

The Buffalo Police Department's initial statement was that "one person was injured when he tripped & fell" in a skirmish between police and protesters; however, the video started spreading, Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers and opened an investigation.

Since then, all officers on the ERS in the department have resigned in a show of solidarity for the two suspended officers.

All 57 members of the Buffalo Police Department's Emergency Response Team resigned Friday from the unit in an apparent show of support for two officers who were suspended without pay after being filmed pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground Thursday night.

Link

Yeah, just a few bad apples. Assaulted an old man and lied about it. Their peers are standing by them. F*ck all of em. And you wonder why US police are seen as sh*t.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: They should fire all those officers if they condone that behavior they aren't needed.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

There's nothing much to say but I can't wait for the apologists and boot lickers to make the many excuses that allow and perpetuate police brutality.

I'll say this though. Law and order can't exist without trust and accountability. Without those two, you don't have "law and order." Just a bunch of coward thugs and nothing more.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: The whole squad resigned from that position. All 75 because they think they did the right thing.

Edit: guess it was 57

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

America really is the shittest place of earth.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

Yeah, just a few bad apples. Assaulted an old man and lied about it. Their peers are standing by them. F*ck all of em. And you wonder why US police are seen as sh*t.

This is why unions are a problem: because these 57 assholes can show support for pushing an old man to his potential death for participating in his constitutional rights by walking out of their job.

Speaking of lying, I read today that the jogger (Ahmed Arbry? I forgot the name but that sounds close) shooting was actually suppressed and buried by the local PD until the video went online. Not sure if anyone knew that (I did not), I just thought it is just more fuel to add to the fire. You know, you got a former investigator murdering a black dude for jogging and the local PD just tries to hide it. No big deal :P

How many bad apples does it take until we realize a major overhaul is needed? I don't hate cops, not by a long shot, but....c'mon.

Oh ya and I think another black dude was suffocated to death in Washington state a few days ago, too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@drunk_pi said:

There's nothing much to say but I can't wait for the apologists and boot lickers to make the many excuses that allow and perpetuate police brutality.

I'll say this though. Law and order can't exist without trust and accountability. Without those two, you don't have "law and order." Just a bunch of coward thugs and nothing more.

My "favorite" response is "Oh they should follow the rules" or "If they protest illegally they deserve it" and so on. It's in line with the whole "if you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to be afraid of" nonsense.

Sorry but last time I checked protesting doesn't mean you get pushed to the ground and split your head open. Last time I checked if you get a little agitated you don't get sat on for 10 minutes and murdered slowly.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HoolaHoopMan

@mrbojangles25 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

This is why unions are a problem.

Look up the MPD union in specific. It's lead by a racist and human sh*t bag known as Bob Kroll. It's systemic.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Drunk_PI

@mrbojangles25 said:
@drunk_pi said:

My "favorite" response is "Oh they should follow the rules" or "If they protest illegally they deserve it" and so on. It's in line with the whole "if you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to be afraid of" nonsense.

Sorry but last time I checked protesting doesn't mean you get pushed to the ground and split your head open. Last time I checked if you get a little agitated you don't get sat on for 10 minutes and murdered slowly.

There's a lot of silence from the trumpettes. Either they know how messed up this is but will never admit it. Or... they gleefully support it and see nothing wrong with this, among the other cases of police misconduct.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl

@mrbojangles25: Legislation is reportedly being introduced Monday.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xabiss

@Random_Matt said:

If you honestly believe this boy I have some places on earth 10000000000000% worse. Go to North Korea for a while and try and protest. Let me know how it goes for you. Seriously this is such a stupid response of epic proportion.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#18 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

@Xabiss: Trump likes North Korea. He said they have a strong and good leader. Him and Bunker Boy probably call each other from there bunkers.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Heard the whole team resigned.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Good maybe we can get some better cops.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl

@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

They only resigned from the ERS. They've basically resigned from doing the job functions they don't want to do while retaining full pay and job security. This isn't a sacrifice for them.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Hard to believe there are still bootlickers supporting police even after they are showing their true colours during this protest on POLICE BRUTALITY, and they only give more reasons to protest them.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan

@mattbbpl said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

They only resigned from the ERS. They've basically resigned from doing the job functions they don't want to do while retaining full pay and job security. This isn't a sacrifice for them.

What normally happens when people stop doing their jobs? Aren't they fired?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

What a joke of a system.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Random_Matt: I hope you’re joking. America has its flaws for sure, but I’m incredibly grateful I live here. Considering other places we could be, I thank my lucky stars.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:

They stepped down from the Emergency Response Team, not the police department itself. They probably should just quit though. Who would protest some dipshit, getting suspended, for pushing an old man? I don't get that mentality. I would be so embarrassed and disgusted if I were in a team, and someone did that.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan

@SOedipus said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:

They stepped down from the Emergency Response Team, not the police department itself. They probably should just quit though. Who would protest some dipshit, getting suspended, for pushing an old man? I don't get that mentality. I would be so embarrassed and disgusted if I were in a team, and someone did that.

They should definitely pick their battles. This is not one of them.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Attend stupid protests, suffer stupid consequences.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sevenizz

@Random_Matt: ‘America really is the shittest place of earth.‘

Ever been to India? The entire country literally smells like shit.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Drunk_PI

@Sevenizz said:

Attend stupid protests, suffer stupid consequences.

@Sevenizz said:

@Random_Matt: ‘America really is the shittest place of earth.‘

Ever been to India? The entire country literally smells like shit.

dude.... something's wrong with you.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

American Police really are something else, smh. I don't know what's worse, an officer pushing an old man over or the lot of them just walking past him as his head bled all over the concrete. That Police "warrior training" kicking in.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Drunk_PI

@HalcyonScarlet said:

American Police really are something else, smh. I don't know what's worse, an officer pushing an old man over or the lot of them just walking past him as his head bled all over the concrete. That Police "warrior training" kicking in.

Hey now, they have a difficult job. Do you know how hard it is to to punch, kick, and kill people who aren't doing no harm?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Hey now, they have a difficult job. Do you know how hard it is to to punch, kick, and kill people who aren't doing no harm?

It's just so much worse than I thought it would be. He's an old man, probably someone's father. What happened to showing some respect. I don't want to think about what cop would do to kid who stole candy or something. Be honest I think there's a video of a Police officer arresting an 11 year old black girl in a school.

Old man pushed to the ground, Dylan Roof gets Burger King. America just tips from one part of the scale to the other sometimes.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Is it as easy as a citizen not putting themselves into obvious situations?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Drunk_PI

@pimphand_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Being at a protest =/= bash their head.

Hard concept boot licker, I know.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Don't forget firing less lethal...….not safe......bullets at crowds. Deploying smoke, tear gas, and pepper spray. Damn draining I tell ya.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
@pimphand_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Why are you a mouthpiece for the government? Without citizen input you will lose all liberties. True story.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sevenizz

@drunk_pi: Oh? How so?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 foxhound_fox

@Xabiss said:
@Random_Matt said:

If you honestly believe this boy I have some places on earth 10000000000000% worse. Go to North Korea for a while and try and protest. Let me know how it goes for you. Seriously this is such a stupid response of epic proportion.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a completely free country and 10 being a fascist dictatorship, the US is currently at a 9. They are 1-2 steps away from actually achieving one and the DNC aren't doing anything to fight it, and are largely complicit (most sitting DNC senators and congresspeople are corporate sponsored).

This level of police response is not normal.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox

@pimphand_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

They police were probably thinking if I mess up this old white man then that's equality.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Without people like him we would still be slaves.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xabiss

@foxhound_fox said:
@Xabiss said:
@Random_Matt said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a completely free country and 10 being a fascist dictatorship, the US is currently at a 9. They are 1-2 steps away from actually achieving one and the DNC aren't doing anything to fight it, and are largely complicit (most sitting DNC senators and congresspeople are corporate sponsored).

Seriously some of you people really need to leave the country and go to Iran, Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, just to name a few to see what it really like. Seriously people who think like this are part of the problem! We are no where near a damn dictatorship Jesus!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

@Xabiss said:

Seriously some of you people really need to leave the country and go to Iran, Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, just to name a few to see what it really like. Seriously people who think like this are part of the problem! We are no where near a damn dictatorship Jesus!

Just because you don't understand how a dictatorship works, or how fascism has been on the rise in the west in the last 20 years doesn't make it untrue. Fascism is how capitalism suppresses the working class back into a state of submission to the ruling class, so they'll continue producing wealth for them without fighting back.

And what's central to a fascist regime? A massive, militarized police force that is used to physically and psychologically intimidate the citizenry.

How many things on this list has the US not checked off?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xabiss

@foxhound_fox said:
@Xabiss said:

Just because you don't understand how a dictatorship works, or how fascism has been on the rise in the west in the last 20 years doesn't make it untrue. Fascism is how capitalism suppresses the working class back into a state of submission to the ruling class, so they'll continue producing wealth for them without fighting back.

And what's central to a fascist regime? A massive, militarized police force that is used to physically and psychologically intimidate the citizenry.

How many things on this list has the US not checked off?

Dude grow up you have no idea. Just stop you are looking very foolish. Check your American privilege at the door please. Think I found one of those terrible Antifa members.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

@Xabiss said:

Dude grow up you have no idea. Just stop you are looking very foolish. Check your American privilege at the door please. Think I found one of those terrible Antifa members.

I'm Canadian friend, and definitely not proud of being one.

And Antifa? Of course I'm Antifa. Are you not? Antifa is short for anti-fascism. So you say you're pro-fascism?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@Xabiss said:

Yet you didn't seem to have a problem with making sensationalist claims about the left

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@Xabiss said:

I'm Canadian friend, and definitely not proud of being one.

And Antifa? Of course I'm Antifa. Are you not? Antifa is short for anti-fascism. So you say you're pro-fascism?

I think he checks under his bed so the Antifa wont get him

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xabiss

@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@Xabiss said:

Yet you didn't seem to have a problem with making sensationalist claims about the left

Riiiiiggggghhhtttt! Have a nice day!