"No. No he won't. We'll stop it": Peter Strzok, when asked by his lover about Trump becoming President

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

CNN: How 7 words in the 500-page IG report give Donald Trump all the 'deep state' ammo he wanted

It has been a few days since the IG report on the Clinton e-mail investigation came out and I didn't see a topic on it here for some reason.

For those who have not been following the story, the Inspector General was investigating the e-mail server investigation to determine whether or not there was political bias behind the investigation. While the investigation determined that there wasn't any political bias on the part of former FBI Director James Comey, it did determine that he was insubordinate for announcing that there would be no charges filed against Hillary Clinton without clearing it through his bosses at the DOJ.

A lot of people on both sides of the aisle had it out for Comey. Republicans felt that he was biased against Trump and wanted to undermine him right to the point where he stated that he was hoping that his actions would result in a special counsel investigating him. Democrats blame him for Trump being president, with their belief that if he kept his mouth shut about the investigation into Hillary Clinton being reopened days before the election, then she would be president right now.

The main thing that has a lot of Republicans up in arms is the text exchanges between FBI agent Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, another FBI employee he was having an affair with:

While those particular messages came out a long time ago, one inflammatory message wasn't released until last week, which Strzok said the words "We'll stop it," while trying to reassure Page that Trump would not be elected president a few weeks after he won the Republican nomination.

Republicans pounced on it, stating that it was more proof that there was bias in the investigation to protect Clinton and prevent Trump from being elected, especially since that particular statement was not included the original release of the lovers' text exchanges. Democrats stated that it was a nothingburger, being that it was only seven words out of a 500-page investigation. They also pointed out that Strzok, while a member of Mueller's team investigating possible Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, was promptly removed from the team after his messages were discovered.

Bill Maher, in the following panel, dismissed Strzok's message just trying to impress his lover (foul language is present in the following video):

Another person in the panel compared the bias against Trump to an agent having a bias against a serial killer or rapist he is investigating.

Hillary Clinton had only three words in response to the report, which has over 650,000 likes as of this post and counting:

While all of it looks bad for people on both sides, I think that the investigation should continue as long as they have evidence something foul on the part of the president is present. On the other hand, if they don't find anything, they will have to close it eventually.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Comey should be prosecuted as well as Hillary. Nothing will come of this though.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

this is a perfect example of something where people will read into it what they want to fit their particular narrative.

if you believe there was political bias against trump you'll see this as concrete proof that strzok meant they would specifically use their position at the fbi to detrail trump's presidential bid.
if you don't believe there was political bias against trump you'll this is as more the general "we" ( those who dislike trump and see he's an idiot ) to not vote for the guy.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Can I assume these texts occurred on work phones rather than personal?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ad1x2
@comp_atkins said:

this is a perfect example of something where people will read into it what they want to fit their particular narrative.

if you believe there was political bias against trump you'll see this as concrete proof that strzok meant they would specifically use their position at the fbi to detrail trump's presidential bid.

if you don't believe there was political bias against trump you'll this is as more the general "we" ( those who dislike trump and see he's an idiot ) to not vote for the guy.

Your examples are pretty much how it is going as we speak. Many Democrats are saying "we" refers to anybody who dislikes Trump making it to the polls to vote for Hillary Clinton in order to stop him from being elected. Many Republicans are saying "we" refers to himself and other Never Trumpers in the FBI using their position to harm his chances of being elected either by covering up Clinton misconduct or manufacturing/leaking Trump misconduct.

Both sides agree that it was a poor choice of words since only a fool would say that it isn't a big deal for someone directly involved in the investigation (versus your average Joe or Jane with an "I'm With Her" bumper sticker on their car) to say something that can be argued as a sign of partiality towards Clinton and a cause for reasonable doubt. However, that's where the similarities in opinion end.

Either way, while it isn't a smoking gun that will result in the Mueller investigation being shut down, it will always be a talking point used against the investigation, especially since Strzok was on his team until the messages came out. If Mueller announced tomorrow that they found something that incriminates Trump directly, you can almost guarantee Guliani would be yelling Strzok's name within minutes of the announcement.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ad1x2
@Solaryellow said:

Yes, and there were calls to subpoena their personal devices as a result, since some of the messages implied that they continued their conversations elsewhere. The whole reason they used their work phones in the first place was to hide their affair from their significant others.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Yes, and there were calls to subpoena their personal devices as a result, since some of the messages implied that they continued their conversations elsewhere. The whole reason they used their work phones in the first place was to hide their affair from their significant others.

A subpoena for work phones is reasonable. Personal phone? I'd have deep reservations.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ad1x2
@Solaryellow said:

A subpoena for work phones is reasonable. Personal phone? I'd have deep reservations.

That all depends on what they are looking for. If they believe that a crime may have been committed, and they can convince a judge of that, then personal devices are fair game with a warrant. With work phones, a subpoena isn't even necessary (except in certain situations) since they are the property of the US Government and not the employee it was assigned to.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

Eh I think you're reading conspiracy into it.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

If you believe in conspiracies based on one text from one low level FBI agent, you literally have an 85 IQ. Literally...this is why you work a crappy service job and live in a crappy apartment. That is the only mystery you will solve here.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ad1x2

@Baconstrip78 said:

If you believe in conspiracies based on one text from one low level FBI agent, you literally have an 85 IQ. Literally...this is why you work a crappy service job and live in a crappy apartment. That is the only mystery you will solve here.

You seem to be pretty confrontational today.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts
@ad1x2 said:
@Solaryellow said:

lol

some people are so bad at adulting.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Peter Strzok was removed from the Mueller investigation but he still work on it for some time, that will be a point of attack for the White House.

Mueller most assuredly doesn't want to conclude/show his findings to the investigation close to the midterms. So either he'll finish it by the summer or it will extend pass the the midterms.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Says the guy who literally believes anything negative about Trump that he hears/reads ANYWHERE.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Says the guy who literally believes anything negative about Trump that he hears/reads ANYWHERE.

says the guy who posts infowars as a source

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Dude led the FBI's investigation into HRC's use of a private server, literally. He was literally Deputy Assistant Director for Counterintelligence that led the Russian investigation, Not exactly low ranking, at the time.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

The great irony here is that whether there was political bias or not, these fools only helped Trump get elected.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's because the facts back it up.....................maybe you should learn facts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@vl4d_l3nin said:

The great irony here is that whether there was political bias or not, these fools only helped Trump get elected.

The FBI did indeed do that. Therefore I find it illogical to hear them cry now.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@n64dd said:

Comey should be prosecuted as well as Hillary. Nothing will come of this though.

The IG report found 0 criminal wrong doing.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

if one can proove how bias changes facts I am in, otherwise, a fact is a fact

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Am I the only person that hates the word "lover"?

Can't take anything seriously when that word is in the title.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Oh, you mean that guy that was fired as soon as his boss found out about his biases? See, that's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When Democrats find one of their own doing something wrong they fire them, when Republicans find one of their own doing something wrong they give them a show on Fox and make them president of the NRA.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt
@theone86 said:

Oh, you mean that guy that was fired as soon as his boss found out about his biases? See, that's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When Democrats find one of their own doing something wrong they fire them, when Republicans find one of their own doing something wrong they give them a show on Fox and make them president of the NRA.

I am ok with bias as long as facts remain facts.

I am not happy that bias alone might open up an investigation on things that appear to be insignificant. however, if they lead to facts of actual substance then I dont have a problem with it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@joebones5000: But what if the bias checkers are biased?

:-P

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

And he did absolutely nothing to actually stop it from happening. Case closed?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt
@mattbbpl said:

@joebones5000: But what if the bias checkers are biased?

:-P

I am all for 'the investigation might have bias, let them report what they have currently and we will decide if they are'

I am all for that, lets do that today!

lets see how many on The Right think that is a good idea.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

The report explicitly indicated that no decisions "were affected by bias or other improper considerations."

But hey, let's pick one text out of a mountain of reviewed correspondence and evidence, 'DEEP STATE HURR DURR.'

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@theone86: You mean “fired” as soon as the bias became public knowledge.

But this thread is a joke, the left will argue it´s nothing while at the same time still convinced that Russia and Trump colluded despite 0 evidence to back it up.

But no matter what at least the bias is known and if anyone is convinced it´s only limited to this guy, they clearly don´t care about the facts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

But this thread is a joke, the left will argue it´s nothing while at the same time still convinced that Russia and Trump colluded despite 0 evidence to back it up.

But no matter what at least the bias is known and if anyone is convinced it´s only limited to this guy, they clearly don´t care about the facts.

Russia and the trump campaign have been proven to have colluded. But deny the facts.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic: Gotta love the spin you are trying here.

But how long is Mueller going to take before he finds this “evidence” you speak of.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic: Gotta love the spin you are trying here.

But how long is Mueller going to take before he finds this “evidence” you speak of.

Only one spinning here is you. You continue to deny facts.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic: You failed to answer how long before Muelle finds this “evidence”

We are on year 2 now. Is it going to be year 4 ? Or shortly before the 2020 presidential election?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic: You failed to answer how long before Muelle finds this “evidence”

We are on year 2 now. Is it going to be year 4 ? Or shortly before the 2020 presidential election?

Nothing happens over night. In depth investigations can take years.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ad1x2
@LJS9502_basic said:

For the record, I seriously doubt Strzok, despite his obvious hatred of Trump, did anything that caused great harm to the president, and if he really wanted to hurt Trump, then he would have did like the guy on Bill Maher's panel said and leaked the fact that Trump was under investigation to the media prior to the election.

However, if everything was the same but we replaced the year 2016 with the year 2008 and replaced the name Trump with the name Obama, I can all but guarantee that the media (and this forum) would be ready to burn down the FBI and would be calling for President Bush's arrest regardless of whether or not any actual misconduct took place.

That isn't me trying to bring whataboutism into the conversation, it's me pointing out how our biases control what we are willing to believe when it comes to presumed innocence.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic: But as you said the evidence is there, so what take years?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic: But as you said the evidence is there, so what take years?

One thing leads to another. You have to be thorough.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ad1x2

Peter Strzok escorted from FBI building on Friday, lawyer confirms.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this and how both Democrats and Republicans spin this before all the facts are out.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

No I don't, I mean fired as soon as Mueller found out about it. I shouldn't expect you to know that, though, seeing as how it's a fact and Trumpettes are immune to facts.