deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/09/12/1035571714/why-the-world-should-be-more-than-a-bit-worried-about-indias-nipah-virus-outbrea

Ever notice these come from places with high populations? Ever think over population is becoming a big problem?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

I think it originated somewhere in South East Asia and most likely spreader, bats. The bats is local to thailand or cambodia (or somehwere around there) probably migrate to india due to deforestation and climate change. If I recall the virus has a very high mortality rate or something like %30-40. Hope the indian government can isolate the epicenter as fast as their can to avoid spread.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sakaixx: Hopefully. Dont want another political fight.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@thenation: I think large populations is just one of many factors.

Large populations often means more deforestation, therefore humans and animals live closer together.

Some people that live close to remote caves in the Yunnan province of China had some degree of immunity from some types of coronaviruses.

Poverty is another issue. People who are poor living in unhygienically is also partly to blame. Across many parts of Asia, people live close to their livestock.

Prevalence of bats is obviously an issue and they’re common in hot countries. I see bats on a weekly basis and I’m in Hong Kong!

Wildlife trade is a problem. Some aspects of traditional Chinese medicine works but some are absolute bullshit. There are other weird ethic types of medicine across Asia that could be an issue in the future.

Also shit-happens among other issues!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Lmao, they're already starting to sell you fear of a new one.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Not concerned tbh. The fear of a black plague like event is something deeply ingrained in the human mind and now with Covid going on, for sure media will try to capitalise on this type of news.

There's no point in amplifying it, no reason for alarm right now as it is being monitored, like other deadly virus are.

But it is fascinating the constant "fight" against this type of stuff that happens in the background of out lives. Eventually we'll have a big one and of course we will fail miserably, as covid shows.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I think it originated somewhere in South East Asia and most likely spreader, bats. The bats is local to thailand or cambodia (or somehwere around there) probably migrate to india due to deforestation and climate change. If I recall the virus has a very high mortality rate or something like %30-40. Hope the indian government can isolate the epicenter as fast as their can to avoid spread.

If it kills 30-40 % of the victims, it won't spread far. Kills to many. Unless it takes several weeks where you got no symptoms but can spread it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

After researching a bit it should probably be noted that Nipah Virus has, since it's discovery 22 years ago, only killed 300-400 people, and outbreaks are extremely isolated affairs, only showing up in small Southeast-Asian and Australian towns, and then not spreading from there. It's mortality rate is high in percentage, but that can be attributed partially to limited medical access and knowledge. Additionally such a high mortality rate means it spreads very poorly.

I highly, highly doubt this is worth worrying about as a potential pandemic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Vaasman: Not worried, just pointing it out.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eoten

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Not concerned tbh. The fear of a black plague like event is something deeply ingrained in the human mind and now with Covid going on, for sure media will try to capitalise on this type of news.

There's no point in amplifying it, no reason for alarm right now as it is being monitored, like other deadly virus are.

But it is fascinating the constant "fight" against this type of stuff that happens in the background of out lives. Eventually we'll have a big one and of course we will fail miserably, as covid shows.

And why is it you think we will fail with a real disease? Do you think constantly crying wolf with small ones has nothing to do with peoples mistrust of big pharma? Or the very obviously profit oriented actions of big pharma and their funded puppet media? You admit the media will sensationalize and spread fear, you don't think they have with Covid? Something that without co-morbidities? CDC says that only 6% of Covid related deaths are without co-morbidities. So if only 0.18% of unvaccinated people under 50 die, 6% of that is 0.0108%. So tell me what is more likely, Covid is the most serious illness we've faced since the plague, or media is spreading a lot of bullshit to capitalize?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@eoten said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Something that without co-morbidities? CDC says that only 6% of Covid related deaths are without co-morbidities. So if only 0.18% of unvaccinated people under 50 die, 6% of that is 0.0108%. So tell me what is more likely, Covid is the most serious illness we've faced since the plague, or media is spreading a lot of bullshit to capitalize?

Do you ever wonder why so many experts disagree with your opinion? Why should we listen to Q-Anon over Doctors?

If those people with comorbidities had not gotten Covid, they would likely still be alive. I'm not sure how almost 700,000 deaths (over 1,000 daily at this point) is not serious. That's another 9/11 every 3 days.

Fact check: 94% of individuals with additional causes of death still had COVID-19 | Reuters

"He provided an analogy to someone dying of a gunshot wound whose death certificate might list gunshot wound, along with hemorrhagic shock and liver laceration, as causes of death, with homelessness (associated with more exposure to potential violence,here), as a contributing factor. For someone who died of COVID-19, the death certificate might read COVID-19, as well as pneumonia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) as causes of death, with diabetes and hypertension as contributing factors."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@zaryia: I dont think he really belives what he says. More so since he is the only one getting up in arms about this, i just posted it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@thenation said:

@zaryia: I dont think he really belives what he says. More so since he is the only getting up in armd about this, i just posted it.

Just joined recently and doesn't seem to have much in the way followers/follows. Hmmm. Guess he works on a farm.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eoten
@zaryia said:
@eoten said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Something that without co-morbidities? CDC says that only 6% of Covid related deaths are without co-morbidities. So if only 0.18% of unvaccinated people under 50 die, 6% of that is 0.0108%. So tell me what is more likely, Covid is the most serious illness we've faced since the plague, or media is spreading a lot of bullshit to capitalize?

Do you ever wonder why so many experts disagree with your opinion? Why should we listen to Q-Anon over Doctors?

If those people with comorbidities had not gotten Covid, they would likely still be alive. I'm not sure how almost 700,000 deaths (over 1,000 daily at this point) is not serious. That's another 9/11 every 3 days.

Fact check: 94% of individuals with additional causes of death still had COVID-19 | Reuters

"He provided an analogy to someone dying of a gunshot wound whose death certificate might list gunshot wound, along with hemorrhagic shock and liver laceration, as causes of death, with homelessness (associated with more exposure to potential violence,here), as a contributing factor. For someone who died of COVID-19, the death certificate might read COVID-19, as well as pneumonia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) as causes of death, with diabetes and hypertension as contributing factors."

Your point? Most people who die of flu do so because of co morbidities. Why have you not been spending the last few decades calling for mandate this, order that, because just one person dying from it is too much, right? Of course you don't believe the bullcrap you spew which is why you use stupid strawman arguments such as that to justify complete nonsense.

You do understand a lot of people have to work for a living, leave their homes, go to school. Not everyone can stay locked up in their mom's basement for the rest of their life, so naturally illnesses do spread, and people with those co morbidities will be at a higher risk of death. Even with those comorbidities, the actual death rate is very low, nowhere near high enough to justify the fascist BS you people call for.

6% of 0.18% is not enough to justify forcing people under threats, coercion, or blackmail to do something they do not want to do for a drug that is unproven and untested.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@eoten: You cannot be a serious account and comparing covid to the flu. Not with all the evidence that exists.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@eoten said:

6% of 0.18% is not enough to justify forcing people under threats, coercion, or blackmail to do something they do not want to

It literally is justified according to medical experts and institutes. They outright say it. According to the majority medical community, experts, virologists, peer reviewed studies, and medical groups 1,000+ average daily deaths is enough to justify Vaccination for anyone who can. This is the official recommendation, not my head cannon. I will spam dozens of links from verified sources proving the prior paragraph on request.

Your opinion is noted (as unintelligent garbage), but ultimately denied when put up against professional and expert citation in the very field we are discussing. You aren't just wrong. You're flat earther wrong.

@eoten said:

for a drug that is unproven and untested.

Nearly all peer reviewed research denies this rather insane claim. I will spam dozens of links from verified sources proving the prior sentence on request. This is Q-Anon level wrong.

Lets be real. You're asking me to trust solid science and an entire medical community vs. a random alt-righter who is almost always wrong on a video game forum. For good measure, please re-read the previous sentence and tell me how unintelligent such a thing would be.

@eoten said:

You do understand a lot of people have to work for a living, leave their homes, go to school. Not everyone can stay locked up in their mom's basement for the rest of their life,

Which is why you should get your vaccine and/or wear a mask. So people can finally live life like normal. Like all the experts said.

USU study: Counties with high rate of Trump voters had higher COVID-19 infection rates | KUTV

You conservatives are the biggest reason why this is still as bad as it. Every time you get mad that some places are still on lock down or stay at home, look in a mirror to take out that anger.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@zaryia: Hey he was right about the Aliens!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

The Indians aren't as backwards as the bat eating Chinese, they aren't farming bats or are they eating them. Well that's not completely true because culture spread and immigration does happen but I know that fucked up disgusting bat/dog/cat eating culture isn't as widespread in India. Almost 40% of India are true vegetarians, something you can't expect from Chinese who would rather eat bat than give up meat.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 677 Posts

@thenation: what are you going to do? Forced sterilisation?