New Census Data in US - Slow growth, shift in House seats ahead.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

https://apnews.com/article/census-congressional-districts-7dd29f02c7d68038920c7e1a23f842a1

U.S. population growth has slowed to the lowest rate since the Great Depression, the Census Bureau said Monday, as Americans continued their march to the South and West and one-time engines of growth, New York and California, lost political influence.

Texas was the biggest winner — the second-most populous state added two congressional seats, while Florida and North Carolina each gained one. Colorado, Montana and Oregon all added residents and gained a seat each. States losing seats included Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

The overall numbers confirm what demographers have long warned — that the country’s growth is stalling. Many had expected growth to come in even below the 1930s levels given the long hangover of the Great Recession and the drying up of immigration, which came to a virtual halt during last year’s pandemic.

Meanwhile, Americans continue to move to GOP-run states. For now, that shift provides the Republicans with the opportunity to shape new congressional districts to maximize the influence of their voters and have a major advantage in upcoming elections — possibly enough to win back control of the U.S. House.

But in the long term, it’s not clear the migration is good news for Republicans. Many of the fastest growing states are increasingly competitive political battlegrounds where the new arrivals — including many young people and people of color — could at some point give Democrats an edge.

An interesting read overall and an curious look at the roads potentially ahead, especially the fights to redistrict within the states losing/gaining seats.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

So.... Boost immigration?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

the machines of capitalism demand constant growth. going to be hard to feed the monster with a slowing population increase.

Avatar image for deactivated-609b1cfe23050
deactivated-609b1cfe23050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-609b1cfe23050
Member since 2021 • 320 Posts

North Carolina and Texas are moving blue and a lot of Democrats are moving to red states.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Not to be too grim but I fully expect there to be a mass die off in the next few decades in the US. Between our subpar response to COVID (and the inevitable pandemic that will hit us again), our inability to learn from our mistakes, the massive and aging Boomer population that is heading to the grave, and people just not popping out kids like they used to, I fully expect the US population to decrease or at least stall for some time. Also negative effects from climate change, regular fires, and blah blah blah the world is heading to hell in a handbasket...

I'm OK with this, too, to be honest. It will be natural, not like a catastrophe, just sort of the way things go. Lots of houses will open up, it'll be a buyer's market :)

And then, when all the Pelosi's and McConnell's are gone from the earth, we might actually be able to get shit done.

Just a hunch, though, so don't pay too much attention to me :D

@mattbbpl said:

No, they're rapists, thieves, and murderers.

/sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious :)

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Depends, do you want wages to grow with inflation, or stagnate, so lower classes get left behind? Politicians who run on raising minimum wage and "free" shit of course want the latter to happen because it keeps them in business.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Why would anyone want kids when we can't even afford ourselves in this shit economic disparity?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl

@eoten: Wait, what? You want to raise lower end wages but are against minimum wage increases?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Depends, do you want wages to grow with inflation, or stagnate, so lower classes get left behind? Politicians who run on raising minimum wage and "free" shit of course want the latter to happen because it keeps them in business.

Republicans votes against raising the minimum wage and would rather remove it... How is that better?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eoten

@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Republicans votes against raising the minimum wage and would rather remove it... How is that better?

And you think writing a piece of legislation forcing a company to pay employees more when they may not be financially able to do so, generally resulting in mass layoffs or the company going out of business so those employees not only are not longer making $10/hr, now they're unemployed and making nothing and similar things happening in similar industries makes it harder for them to find other jobs.. who's that going to help?

If you demanded Ford and Chevy doubled the pay of their workers, what do you think happens then? The price of their cars goes up, they're no longer able to compete with Honda, Toyota, etc, thousands get laid off and replaced with robots, or the company goes under and all those jobs are lost.

If you want the value of labor, and therefor minimum wages to go up, flooding the market with millions of uneducated low skill labor workers is a fantastic way of doing the opposite.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Very interesting. I never really read into how census data works when it comes to house seats.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

And you think writing a piece of legislation forcing a company to pay employees more when they may not be financially able to do so, generally resulting in mass layoffs or the company going out of business so those employees not only are not longer making $10/hr, now they're unemployed and making nothing and similar things happening in similar industries makes it harder for them to find other jobs.. who's that going to help?

If you demanded Ford and Chevy doubled the pay of their workers, what do you think happens then? The price of their cars goes up, they're no longer able to compete with Honda, Toyota, etc, thousands get laid off and replaced with robots, or the company goes under and all those jobs are lost.

If you want the value of labor, and therefor minimum wages to go up, flooding the market with millions of uneducated low skill labor workers is a fantastic way of doing the opposite.

What good does a non liveable wage do? Why can't minimum wage be adjusted for inflation? Companies can't keep operating if they can't give their lowest paid employes a pay cut every year. Do they really deserve to continue operating?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Loss of seats in NY and CA will make electoral map even harder for dems.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl

@comp_atkins said:
@mattbbpl said:

the machines of capitalism demand constant growth. going to be hard to feed the monster with a slowing population increase.

Yeah, an aging demographic causes all kinds of problems. They're fairly easy to fix given current external conditions, but people have been dead set against doing so.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

More immigrants mean more tax money and more money into social security. For those who only look at the what's in it for me aspect.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

Inflow of people + single family home zoning = GOP-led states might be likely to see a rise in the issues of housing affordability and homelessness that blue states have been dealing with for a while. Maybe that could get enough Republicans onboard to pass the reforms that would fix the problem. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I also wonder is the loss of population does anything to motivate California to put together a government that is actually effective?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

More immigrants mean more tax money and more money into social security. For those who only look at the what's in it for me aspect.

Ding, ding ding!

Falling working age demographics means there aren't enough workers to support the older generation with static policies. You either need more internal population growth, population growth from immigration, a higher tax level for those programs, or a higher proportion of GDP that's subject to those taxes (remember that the wealthy are largely not subjected to the taxes that fund these programs and a larger proportion of our GDP falls to that group every year due to rising inequality).

Since we know A isn't occurring, and the Republican party is against all of B, C, and D, they're stuck into an ideological position of cutting those programs.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

https://apnews.com/article/census-congressional-districts-7dd29f02c7d68038920c7e1a23f842a1

U.S. population growth has slowed to the lowest rate since the Great Depression, the Census Bureau said Monday, as Americans continued their march to the South and West and one-time engines of growth, New York and California, lost political influence.

Texas was the biggest winner — the second-most populous state added two congressional seats, while Florida and North Carolina each gained one. Colorado, Montana and Oregon all added residents and gained a seat each. States losing seats included Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

The overall numbers confirm what demographers have long warned — that the country’s growth is stalling. Many had expected growth to come in even below the 1930s levels given the long hangover of the Great Recession and the drying up of immigration, which came to a virtual halt during last year’s pandemic.

Meanwhile, Americans continue to move to GOP-run states. For now, that shift provides the Republicans with the opportunity to shape new congressional districts to maximize the influence of their voters and have a major advantage in upcoming elections — possibly enough to win back control of the U.S. House.

But in the long term, it’s not clear the migration is good news for Republicans. Many of the fastest growing states are increasingly competitive political battlegrounds where the new arrivals — including many young people and people of color — could at some point give Democrats an edge.

An interesting read overall and an curious look at the roads potentially ahead, especially the fights to redistrict within the states losing/gaining seats.

BUT BUT BUT... I was told people are not leaving California! Well there it is folks.

First time ever California is losing seats!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Xabiss: And what would be funny with those leaving Cali is if they vote blue and hit the red states and change their political bias.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Xabiss: And what would be funny with those leaving Cali is if they vote blue and hit the red states and change their political bias.

Oh I expect Texas to turn blue very soon. They ruined the states they are leaving to ruin another. Me and my wife have already discussed it and we will be moving up north in the mountains very soon to get away from everything. I am tired of it all!

Both sides BTW!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eoten

It certainly explains why they've been encouraging illegals to go to California cities and opposing any kind of citizenship questions on the census

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Legal immigrants that have a valuable skill or talent. Illegals, no. And certainly not when borders are opened for them to come pouring in at a much higher rate than job growth. Then all it results in is more unemployed using benefits that requires others to work to fund. You know damn well the only reason the DNC has become so pro illegal (and anti real immigrant) over the last few years is to be counted for the census so they don't lose seats in the house.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:

It certainly explains why they've been encouraging illegals to go to California cities and opposing any kind of citizenship questions on the census

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Legal immigrants that have a valuable skill or talent. Illegals, no. And certainly not when borders are opened for them to come pouring in at a much higher rate than job growth. Then all it results in is more unemployed using benefits that requires others to work to fund. You know damn well the only reason the DNC has become so pro illegal (and anti real immigrant) over the last few years is to be counted for the census so they don't lose seats in the house.

There are more Democrats than Republicans so your point is not a point.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Xabiss said:

BUT BUT BUT... I was told people are not leaving California! Well there it is folks.

First time ever California is losing seats!

Not sure why anyone would want to move to California. I'm counting down the years until I move out... unless it gets expedited by Democrats removing qualified immunity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: Don’t make up stuff. And the left didn’t ruin anything, but Republicans are doing a great job of ruining Texas, Florida and any state they run into the ground.

@Stevo_the_gamer: California is a great state, SoCal has beautiful communities and diverse culture. It’s just to damn expensive. Conservatives only hate it because it’s liberal, not because there is anything particularly wrong with it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xabiss

@yessir said:

@Xabiss: Don’t make up stuff. And the left didn’t ruin anything, but Republicans are doing a great job of ruining Texas, Florida and any state they run into the ground.

@Stevo_the_gamer: California is a great state, SoCal has beautiful communities and diverse culture. It’s just to damn expensive. Conservatives only hate it because it’s liberal, not because there is anything particularly wrong with it.

How can you even say that trash with a straight face. If Texas was so terrible and was being ruined by republicans WTF are people wanting to move here so badly? What I can tell you is Austin is currently getting trashed out by the liberal agenda that has been evading that city over the last decade. I can see what will happen to Texas after seeing what has happened to Austin and what is left of the crap you call california. That is why I am heading for the hills and I will not look back!

North Cal is beautiful and I enjoyed Lake Tahoe last summer. So Cal is a cesspool and it is only getting worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: It’s comments like that, that make me think you aren’t serious. And I have doubts you have been to SoCal or NorCal. SoCal is not a cesspool, I really doubt you have ever been there.

And Texas is a cesspool, how that “state” handled the cold weather earlier proves that. The only reason anybody goes there is because it’s cheap, not because it’s good. Liberals haven’t ruined anything and you know it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xabiss

@yessir: Sure dude the coldest week in Texas history and you don't expect bad things to happen? WTF are you serious? It was not just normal cold air, but a record breaking week long freeze. So please get real and Austin is a cesspool now.

Again you spread falsehoods. My wife is from So Cal, Palmdale area and she said you couldn't pay her to go back to California. We visited about 5 years ago and went to Disneyland and did the whole LA thing. I would never in my life go back to So Cal and we were thankful when we got back to Texas. It was like Austin on steroids and just a disgusting town.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: lmao. Sure buddy. Disneyland isn’t in LA. But ok. Lol

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xabiss

@yessir: I know it is in Anaheim, I said the whole LA thing which means the areas around it. Just like people say they go to Dallas to go to six flags or go watch the cowboys but it is in Arlington. Just admit you lost, take the L.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

What good does a non liveable wage do? Why can't minimum wage be adjusted for inflation? Companies can't keep operating if they can't give their lowest paid employes a pay cut every year. Do they really deserve to continue operating?

Yeah, I've never really understood that sentiment about having a piss poor minimum wage particularly in the US and expecting people to live of it - especially if health insurance is not provided which in itself is a bizarre situation - employer pays.
I might be biased though as I think we have the highest adult minimum wage in the world @ $19.84/hour.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: lol. How can I lose when you keep making things up and not backing anything you say up? You keep making these statements with zero evidence. Let this go dude, you got nothing.

And Anaheim isn’t even in the same county as LA. It’s actually about 30 miles south east of it. You really need to chill, be honest and back up your points. You aren’t giving me anything to work with here.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xabiss

@yessir: Jesus christ dude. I said Disneyland AND the whole LA thing. Just like Dallas a lot of towns makeup the area. WTF do you think the word AND even means? I proved you wrong, you lied saying I have never been there. Hell my wife lived there. Roflmao.... Just take the L!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-609b1cfe23050

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-ranked-in-top-10-safest-large-cities-in-united-states

Austin is the 10 safest city in America.

https://glimmeraustin.org/why-we-do-it/

Austin’s poverty is actually below the rest of Texas.

https://www.keranews.org/texas-news/2020-01-07/dallas-has-the-largest-homeless-population-in-texas

Dallas has the largest homeless rate in Texas, not Austin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/6949/the-us-cities-with-the-most-homeless-people/

Where is Austin? Seems the city is doing ok. Income is growing as well.

And stop deflecting. You are walking into it. Take the L and move on. And no lies have been told by me. FYI, a lie is when you know something isn’t true. Do you think I followed you around or something?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/40968963

Interesting.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

See a blue trend there?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

This might be good, maybe it will encourage the republicans to appeal more to the center and less to far right libertarians and proto-fascists.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xabiss

@yessir said:

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-ranked-in-top-10-safest-large-cities-in-united-states

Austin is the 10 safest city in America.

https://glimmeraustin.org/why-we-do-it/

Austin’s poverty is actually below the rest of Texas.

https://www.keranews.org/texas-news/2020-01-07/dallas-has-the-largest-homeless-population-in-texas

Dallas has the largest homeless rate in Texas, not Austin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/6949/the-us-cities-with-the-most-homeless-people/

Where is Austin? Seems the city is doing ok. Income is growing as well.

And stop deflecting. You are walking into it. Take the L and move on. And no lies have been told by me. FYI, a lie is when you know something isn’t true. Do you think I followed you around or something?

Interesting.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

See a blue trend there?

Dallas is also very liberal so thanks you proved my point. I said over the last decade Austin has been heading downward and it is. Homelessness is exploding in Austin right now and you will see a steady climb on those charts if they don't past Prop B. in this current election.

You said I have never been to So. Cal., and I have and it is a shit hole. So you did lie and spread a falsehood. You better stop posting crap about safe cities CRIME IS WAY UP IN LIBERAL areas.

Oh and police are leaving these places in droves, you see the correlation?

• NYPD: 75% increase in officer departures SOURCE: LawOfficer.com
  • MINNEAPOLIS: More than 150 filed disability; most were PTSD. SOURCE: CBS
  • PORTLAND: 115 left in July. SOURCE: Oregonian
  • BUFFALO: The entire emergency response team resigned after two officers were disciplined for following orders and pushing over elderly protester Martin Gugino. SOURCE: CNN
  • SEATTLE: At least 110 resigned by August, including the black female Chief Carmen Best. SOURCE: Seattle Times, Seattle Times
    • NYC: SOURCE: NYC.gov
      • SHOOTINGS up 97% from 2019.
      • HOMICIDES up 44% from 2019.
      • BURGLARIES up 42% from 2019.
    • MINNEAPOLIS: SOURCE: MN.gov
      • HOMICIDES up 70%. from 2019
      • ROBBERIES up 46.6%. from 2019
      • ARSON UP 69.5%. from 2019
    • BUFFALO: SOURCE: Buffalo News
      • HOMICIDES up 40% from 2019.
      • SHOOTINGS up 90% from 2019.
    • SEATTLE:
      • HOMICIDES up 48.6% from 2019. SOURCE: SeattlePI
      • ARSON up 35.7% from 2019. SOURCE: Seattle.gov
      • BURGLARY up 26% from 2019. SOURCE: Seattle.gov
    • PORTLAND:
      • SHOOTINGS up 129% from 2019. SOURCE: KOIN
      • HOMICIDES up 52.8% from 2019. SOURCES: OregonLive, OregonLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: Dude, just take the damn L. Learn what a lie is, you are lying.

Nice links, doesn’t disprove any thing I said. Yours are rises and mine are totals. Cute yours are from different cities than I listed.

https://www.radiocab.net/is-portland-a-safe-city/

Portland has below average crime rate

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/third-world-hellhole-new-data-shows-seattle-had-lowest-property-crime-rate-in-decades/

Seattle had lowest property crime rate in 3 decades

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Buffalo-New-York.html

Buffalos crime rate has trended down not up.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/pr0106/overall-crime-new-york-city-hits-record-low-2019

New York is down not up.

Stop lying about crime, lying about going to SoCal. You have been exposed. This is over, you lost.

Most of the top ten are red not blue. You lost, I call game set match. This is done. Now dip before you embarrass yourself more.

But you are cherry-picking data and cities, not shocking really.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200445/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-us-states/

Just to add a little salt to the wound. Dip dude, run:

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100safest

Ruh Roh!

It’s almost like higher population equals more crime, but in lower populations left > right. This is getting sad, I’m done with you.

FYI, nice to know you ignored the definition of a lie and continued to push the false narrative I lied. Move on. Time to get back on topic.

FYI, Phoenix is a shithole.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xabiss

@yessir said:

@Xabiss: Dude, just take the damn L. Learn what a lie is, you are lying.

Nice links, doesn’t disprove any thing I said. Yours are rises and mine are totals. Cute yours are from different cities than I listed.

https://www.radiocab.net/is-portland-a-safe-city/

Portland has below average crime rate

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/third-world-hellhole-new-data-shows-seattle-had-lowest-property-crime-rate-in-decades/

Seattle had lowest property crime rate in 3 decades

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Buffalo-New-York.html

Buffalos crime rate has trended down not up.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/pr0106/overall-crime-new-york-city-hits-record-low-2019

New York is down not up.

Stop lying about crime, lying about going to SoCal. You have been exposed. This is over, you lost.

Most of the top ten are red not blue. You lost, I call game set match. This is done. Now dip before you embarrass yourself more.

But you are cherry-picking data and cities, not shocking really.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200445/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-us-states/

Just to add a little salt to the wound. Dip dude, run:

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100safest

Ruh Roh!

It’s almost like higher population equals more crime, but in lower populations left > right. This is getting sad, I’m done with you.

FYI, nice to know you ignored the definition of a lie and continued to push the false narrative I lied. Move on. Time to get back on topic.

FYI, Phoenix is a shithole.

You are the one cherry picking data. My data is up to date. This is ALL happening right now not from 2019!

On Portland you posted a blog ROFLMAO! Also my post on Portland if you read the actual link from 2021! Cops are leaving by droves because of the crime and the handling of Antifia!

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/04/overworked-overwhelmed-and-burned-out-why-portland-cops-say-theyre-leaving-in-droves.html

Buffalo you posted something from 2019 and I posted something that shows it has gone majorly up from that date. Again ROFLMAO!

Your NYC link is also from 2019. Again I posted it has gone majorly up in 2020. Again you used old data ROFLMAO!

Your statisa link is also 2019. My links show again went majorly up in 2020! ROFLMAO are you cherry picking again!

Then you used a neighborhood blog post which WTF does that prove. Yeah rick neighborhoods tend to be safe. Well no shit!

Lets talk about Chicago:

Chicago's homicide rate had surpassed that of Los Angeles by 2010 (16.02 per 100,000), and was more than twice that of New York City (7.0 per 100,000) in the same year.[12] By the end of 2015, Chicago's homicide rate would rise to 18.6 per 100,000. By 2016, Chicago had recorded more homicides and shooting victims than New York City and Los Angeles combined.[13] Chicago's biggest criminal justice challenges have changed little over the last 50 years, and statistically reside with homicide, armed robbery, gang violence, and aggravated battery.

Crime is going up across the board in liberal cities in 2020. Can you post any factual data about 2020 to 2021without bringing old 2019 data into the fold?

Dude seriously take the L, and take your two year old data with you!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xabiss

@yessir:

This is absolutly hilarious, violent gun crime ON THE RISE IN AUSTIN TEXAS! Oh boy can't wait to see how you flip this ROFLMAO! Notice my story is from 2021!

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/violent-gun-crimes-and-homicides-are-on-the-rise-in-austin-why/

Oh boy look at this chart violent crime with firearms has been going up for over 5 year now! In Austin! Look at that big BOOST in 2020, but go ahead go find some more old data!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh I expect Texas to turn blue very soon. They ruined the states they are leaving to ruin another. Me and my wife have already discussed it and we will be moving up north in the mountains very soon to get away from everything. I am tired of it all!

Both sides BTW!

Texas HDI went up as it became more and more closer to purple. Red States have a lower HDI than Blue ones on average.

"muh ruin" isn't panning out going by all relevant data.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xabiss

@zaryia said:
@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Both sides BTW!

Texas HDI went up as it became more and more closer to purple. Red States have a lower HDI than Blue ones on average.

"muh ruin" isn't panning out going by all relevant data.

I don't need some dumb ass HDI to tell me where I need to live. My happiness will be getting up in some mountains with a lot of land around me where liberals are republicans don't live anywhere close to me. Both groups are extreme nuts anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Xabiss: Are you still on this? Christ dude. Fine, if you want to lose to two people. Lmao.

Oh and using information from a pandemic is laughable. It’s like using a decrease in oil consumption during lockdowns to prove how we are moving away from fossil fuels. Those are outliers and you know it. You lost, go home.

Oh wait, you don’t know what an outlier is. Here let me help you.

“ Outliers are data values that differ greatly from the majority of a set of data. These values fall outside of an overall trend that is present in the data. A careful examination of a set of data to look for outliers causes some difficulty. Although it is easy to see, possibly by use of a stemplot, that some values differ from the rest of the data”

Bye now.

I never said shit about cops or Chicago. Go ahead and rant. As I said before I am done with you and your cherry-picking. I won’t respond to you anywhere on this site ever again. I don’t like wasting my time, and I don’t have time to explain simple math to you. Or how to actually read sources.

Have fun using data from a pandemic that has caused massive problems that didn’t exist before to prove done debunked point.

Oh an don’t mess with zariya, you already set yourself up for a major defeat there by rejecting numbers just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

See ya

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xabiss

@yessir said:

@Xabiss: Are you still on this? Christ dude. Fine, if you want to lose to two people. Lmao.

Oh and using information from a pandemic is laughable. It’s like using a decrease in oil consumption during lockdowns to prove how we are moving away from fossil fuels. Those are outliers and you know it. You lost, go home.

Oh wait, you don’t know what an outlier is. Here let me help you.

“ Outliers are data values that differ greatly from the majority of a set of data. These values fall outside of an overall trend that is present in the data. A careful examination of a set of data to look for outliers causes some difficulty. Although it is easy to see, possibly by use of a stemplot, that some values differ from the rest of the data”

Bye now.

I never said shit about cops or Chicago. Go ahead and rant. As I said before I am done with you and your cherry-picking. I won’t respond to you anywhere on this site ever again. I don’t like wasting my time, and I don’t have time to explain simple math to you. Or how to actually read sources.

Have fun using data from a pandemic that has caused massive problems that didn’t exist before to prove done debunked point.

Oh an don’t mess with zariya, you already set yourself up for a major defeat there by rejecting numbers just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

See ya

ROFL... That is what I thought, no rebuttal because you used old data, got caught doing it, and couldn't refute the data I had. Wow nothing to see here folks.

Bye, Felicia.

I don't give two shits about some HDI statistic to tell me where I need to live and be happy. As long as it helps me get away from people that think like you two. That will be happiness. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@zaryia: look at his replies. He doesn’t care about relevant data.

Statistics isn’t his strong point. If he ever had one. Which was proven by him not comparing red cities to blue and then laughing it off when they are because it doesn’t fit his narrative. Nothing to see here with him.

Most big cities are blue, so it is kinda hard to compare such a thing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

They knew they were calling the census over before they were actually done, and they're just leaving it at that?