New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state

• 81 results
Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#1 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

Okay, so apparently the majority of California counties are literally trying to cut itself off from the LA and other coast areas. The "founders" have evoked Article IV Section 3 of the United States Constitution as justification for establishing a new economy with a new state constitution.

This is the proposed split

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/16/new-california-declares-independence-california-bid-become-51st-state/1036681001/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/17/new-california-movement-seeks-to-divide-golden-state-in-half.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-california-declares-independence-from-rest-of-state/

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

This is just stupid. And just as dangerous as Calexit, in that it will give the right wing too much of an edge throwing off an electoral balance in America.

The only "New California" I'd back is in a post-nuclear world, which, corrupt as they may be, at least are a better poison to a bunch of other factions (like ISIS in Ancient Roman cosplay and a con-man in a computer).

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I shall leave this here and be on my way.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

The original attempt back months or years ago was LITERALLY funded by the Russsians. The headquarters of the organization that started it was in Russia

true

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Good luck with that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TryIt

'Russian trolls' promoted California independence

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41853131

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

This is just stupid. And just as dangerous as Calexit, in that it will give the right wing too much of an edge throwing off an electoral balance in America.

So Gerrymandering, only for states? That is silly. If a hundred thousand square miles of American citizens really do feel like their vote doesn't matter they should seek remedy. Let the counties vote for themselves.

Though to be honest I am darn sure this isn't getting off the ground. Even if it does make it to a vote, smart money says it face plants. Most of rural California isn't that red. The only way this happens is if supporting LA and the like is really that bad. I have a funny feeling this isn't the case. I have no data on the subject, but I think it is likely most of the money that makes California the sixth largest economy in the world comes from the deep blue areas.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

What a shame it´s not true.

Most of California deserves to be on their own and become independent.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoboy16

@Jacanuk said:

You must really dream of seeing the United States getting f***ed over, don't you?

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

I hope the best for this change. Or some similar separation. California has just become too big for bureaucracy to effectively manage.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Yes they deserve to split off from the main reasons why California is the 6th largest economy in the world. It would be a terrible move for the United States and a terrible move for "New California". If I didn't care about this country I think it would be fun to watch them fall on their faces after splitting off, but sadly I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Well that's dumb

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrLostRib

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Jacanuk said:

You must really dream of seeing the United States getting f***ed over, don't you?

so his russian overlords can finally take over

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Jacanuk said:

By what?

California is a nuisance more than it's a benefit to America.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@Nick3306 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yes they deserve to split off from the main reasons why California is the 6th largest economy in the world. It would be a terrible move for the United States and a terrible move for "New California". If I didn't care about this country I think it would be fun to watch them fall on their faces after splitting off, but sadly I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

You may want to go read up on what California actually costs every other tax-payer in America.

They are a burden more than anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

By what?

How so?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

umm guys...

I will just post this one more time so its not spamming but I think everyone should look into it.

'Russian trolls' promoted California independence

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41853131

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

By what?

How so?

By costing America more money than they actually bring to the table.

Not forgetting the higher number of illegals than in any other state.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

By what?

How so?

lol..

the entire agenda being created by the Russians aside for the moment, did you know that a HUGE amount of the GDP as well as taxes generated by California is coming from...wait for it...illegals.

California's net GDP to the united states is mega huge. It would devastate the country which is EXACTLY why Russia funds the idea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:

That is definitely a lie and I can't fathom where you came up with such blatant falsehoods.

California's economic output and tax dollars give to the economy more than it takes out.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/ California here is the 46th most dependent state on the government.

The tax foundation also has California as #43 https://taxfoundation.org/states-rely-most-federal-aid/

Notice how the states most dependent on the government are majority Republican states?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

Lol the irony! California wanted to leave the US and part of California wants to leave California.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

lol. they made sure to encompass the san jose / silicon valley area in new california.... can't lose that tax revenue...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt

@loganx77 said:

Lol the irony! California wanted to leave the US and part of California wants to leave California.

The first was paid for a funded by the Russians, the headquarters of the organization was in russia.

I would not remotely be surprised that this one is as well

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrLostRib

@perfect_blue: also makes a lot of food

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LoganX77

@perfect_blue: Blue states also have the most Debt and no California cost the US way more then it brings in.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

That is definitely a lie and I can't fathom where you came up with such blatant falsehoods.

California's economic output and tax dollars give to the economy more than it takes out.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/ California here is the 46th most dependent state on the government.

The tax foundation also has California as #43 https://taxfoundation.org/states-rely-most-federal-aid/

Notice how the states most dependent on the government are majority Republican states?

Nice try Blue but you may want to actually know a thing or two about America before you bring your canadian knowledge to the table.

If you take the medicare/medicade/federal subsidies and put it up against the federal tax revenue generated by California, they are actually costing money.

But i admire your googling , it´s fun to watch.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrLostRib

@Jacanuk said:
@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice try Blue but you may want to actually know a thing or two about America before you bring your canadian knowledge to the table.

If you take the medicare/medicade/federal subsidies and put it up against the federal tax revenue generated by California, they are actually costing money.

What is your obsession with where he's from?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:

No, the links I provided show the bolded is incorrect. Medicare, medicaid, and federal subsidies are ALL programs from the federal government... which California is low on the dependence scale compared to other states. If you have contradictory evidence to what I've provided, please feel free and post it.

@loganx77 said:

@perfect_blue: Blue states also have the most Debt and no California cost the US way more then it brings in.

Please provide evidence of that statement.

Good luck.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7266 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

lol. they made sure to encompass the san jose / silicon valley area in new california.... can't lose that tax revenue...

That is pretty funny. Don't they know how many liberal elitists and illegals live in San Jose?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The only "New California" I'd back is in a post-nuclear world, which, corrupt as they may be, at least are a better poison to a bunch of other factions (like ISIS in Ancient Roman cosplay and a con-man in a computer).

Are you saying the only way we can create a new state is if we create two states at a time? Does that mean the prospects for Puerto Rico's statehood relies soley on whether or not someone else also gets to become a state?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LoganX77

@perfect_blue: https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/state_debt_rank

New York cost the US more then anyone. California is the middle Notice all the blue states at the top of the list.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

No, the links I provided show the bolded is incorrect. Medicare, medicaid, and federal subsidies are ALL programs from the federal government... which California is low on the dependence scale compared to other states. If you have contradictory evidence to what I've provided, please feel free and post it.

@loganx77 said:

Please provide evidence of that statement.

Good luck.

You can provide links up the wazoo if you want Blue. It does not change the facts, that California is by far in terms of Federal Revenue a expenditure more than they are a actual net profit.

And it does not matter if there are federal programs , it´s still being used by californians and it´s a cost

Considering the size and population of California they only bring in 10.000$ per capita which makes them 16th state on the list. So again when you only bring in 400mil and cost 405 mill it's not that hard to see that they are a cost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@loganx77 said:

@perfect_blue: https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/state_debt_rank

New York cost the US more then anyone. California is about 15th. Notice all the blue states at the top of the list.

We weren't talking about debt, though. California doesn't even do that poorly compared to some other states and has been running budget surpluses in the last few years.

We were talking on dependence on the government and comparing how much states take in and out. I'll bold the relevant bit from your last post:

@loganx77 said:

This is what I want proof for.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@comp_atkins said:

What tax? You do know that those "rich liberals" are also among the best to hide their income overseas.

Apple last report hid something like 90+% of their profits overseas and away from any tax. Musk pretty much does the same and Amazon´s ceo now the richest man ever , is no different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:

You can provide links up the wazoo if you want Blue. It does not change the facts, that California is by far in terms of Federal Revenue a expenditure more than they are a actual net profit.

And it does not matter if there are federal programs , it´s still being used by californians and it´s a cost

Considering the size and population of California they only bring in 10.000$ per capita which makes them 16th state on the list. So again when you only bring in 400mil and cost 405 mill it's not that hard to see that they are a cost.

Can you prove that? You haven't done anything besides post assertions or what you think. Where is your proof/data/evidence?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrLostRib

where are the sources? and how is california so much of a nuisance compared to other states that it should be removed?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendoboy16

@Jacanuk said:

By what?

Uh, no. Not when they're one of the most populous states on the continent AND when it's one of the largest economic states. They split or leave, we're f***ed. Nothing beneficial AT ALL!

@Serraph105 said:

Are you saying the only way we can create a new state is if we create two states at a time? Does that mean the prospects for Puerto Rico's statehood relies soley on whether or not someone else also gets to become a state?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you how making a state works entirely besides Puerto Rico's continuous votes to become one (though why under this administration, I don't know, especially after the Hurricane). All my point was (besides a certain game reference) is that California either splitting itself or seceding the union would spell disaster, both politically (giving the edge to the right wing, especially the alt-right, contrary to what Steve Bannon said) and financially.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

Can you prove that? You haven't done anything besides post assertions or what you think. Where is your proof/data/evidence?

To quote you "why would i do your work, im not going to educate you when you are to lazy to do it yourself"

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nick3306

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

No he can't, he literally is looking at facts and choosing to ignore them while still pushing his false ideas. He will not provide any proof of it because he doesn't have any. He got caught in a lie and is desperately trying to get out.

The 6th largest economy in the world is bad for america, lol gtfo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk:I already looked for proof of what you claimed and couldn’t find it. So if neither us can prove your claim I guess that means it‘s false.

Okay, I’m glad we have that confirmed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Nick3306: Oh trust me, I’m well aware of what he’s doing lol.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:

@Jacanuk:I already looked for proof of what you claimed and couldn’t find it. So if neither us can prove your claim I guess that means it‘s false.

Okay, I’m glad we have that confirmed.

Nice deflection.

There is prove, so come on show us your awesome google skills.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk

@Nick3306 said:
@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

No he can't, he literally is looking at facts and choosing to ignore them while still pushing his false ideas. He will not provide any proof of it because he doesn't have any. He got caught in a lie and is desperately trying to get out.

You may want to read up on tax revenue.

Or go on and show your ignorance , at least you provide a good laugh.

But just to prove you wrong

stateTotal
IRS
Tax
Collected
California$405.9

That is the actual federal tax collector from California.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk: You’ve been deflecting this entire time from posting proof of your own claim, lmao

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LoganX77

@perfect_blue: Except they didn't run a surplus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/18/1-8-billion-error-adds-to-california-deficit-projection/amp/

There federal income per a person isnt bad because they have a younger population (less ss and medicaid) and pay loads of federal taxes. That alone causes California to break even.

However whats not included in your links is the cost the federal goverment has to pay for illegal immigrants. Which California has more so then any state in the country.

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

These cost are not divided by state and not included in your links.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:

@Jacanuk: You’ve been deflecting this entire time from posting proof of your own claim, lmao

Oh you mean like you in the other thread.

I hope you can see your own hypocrisy here. Or wait let me guess you can´t.

But no i'm not deflecting , the information is out there, i even said what you need to look for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@loganx77 said:

@perfect_blue: Except they didn't run a surplus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/18/1-8-billion-error-adds-to-california-deficit-projection/amp/

There federal income per a person isnt bad because they have a younger population (less ss and medicaid) and pay loads of federal taxes. That alone causes California to break even.

However whats not included in your links is the cost the federal goverment has to pay for illegal immigrants. Which California has more so then any state in the country.

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

These cost are not divided by state and not included in your links.

Is the illegal immigration cost making them net takers from the government or not? Also, Texas is the same as California in this instance that it has a very high population of illegal immigrants. Would you be willing to make the same argument with regards to Texas?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:
@perfect_blue said:

Oh you mean like you in the other thread.

I hope you can see your own hypocrisy here. Or wait let me guess you can´t.

But no i'm not deflecting , the information is out there, i even said what you need to look for.

What hypocrisy? I provided reading material in every thread if asked for it, it’s not my fault that you didn’t go back and check lol.

Frankly, I’m amazed you’re persisting in this thread despite being made to look like a fool and demonstrably wrong. You really should just quit while you’re behind.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nick3306

@Jacanuk said:
@Nick3306 said:
@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

You may want to read up on tax revenue.

Or go on and show your ignorance , at least you provide a good laugh.

But just to prove you wrong

stateTotal
IRS
Tax
Collected
California$405.9

That is the actual federal tax collector from California.

I'm not sure what you think you posted but you basically just posted nothing with no sources. So Ill ask again, please support your claim that the 6th largest economy in the world hurts our country.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@Nick3306: Maybe read what i posted.

Also didn't you claim to be a master economist at one point?