Nancy Pelosi heckled by right-wing protesters in Florida, including the Proud Boys.

• 77 results
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

The Hill

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was confronted by protesters in Florida on Friday organized by a local Republican chapter and a local group of the "Proud Boys," who shouted pro-Trump slogans and blasted the Democratic House leader as a "communist."

Video of the confrontation recorded by a member of the "Proud Boys" shows protesters holding signs and cursing at Pelosi as she entered a campaign event for Donna Shalala, the Democratic nominee in Florida's 27th District.

"Look at this piece of sh-t Pelosi," the cameraman is heard yelling in the video.

“You don’t belong here you f--king communist f--k,” a voice is also heard saying on the video. “You and your f---ing Democrats.”

Pelosi's office told The Hill in a statement that it was ironic to hear President Trump accuse Democrats of being part of an angry "mob" after events such as the protest in Florida. The Proud Boys are considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center over anti-immigrant and racist views espoused by members.

"It is deeply sad but unsurprising that we now see that ugliness rearing its head,” her spokesman Drew Hammill told the Post. “It is stunning that Republicans have the gall to call courageous survivors of sexual assault a ‘mob’, at the same time they incite and condone violent actions like this. Republicans must condemn this vile and dangerous conduct, and stop the reckless and dangerous rhetoric that encourages it.”

Florida's Democratic Party chairwoman Terrie Rizzo also reacted to the news, calling on the chairman of the Miami Dade County Republican Party to resign over the Miami GOP's protest with a "known hate group."

"It is appalling that the Miami Dade GOP Chairman, Nelson Diaz, would campaign alongside a known hate group and welcome its members within his party. He should resign immediately and take anyone who espouses the Proud Boys' ideas out the door with him," Rizzo said in a press release.

The confrontation came a day after Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes said that several members of his group would turn themselves in to police for videotaped beatings outside of a Republican club in New York earlier this month.

"Some holier than thou keyboard warriors may not agree with our methods, but I'll remind them about Maxine Waters condoning violence, and the rest of her party not denouncing the masked leftist domestic terrorists aka antifa," the Miami chapter wrote on Facebook after the video of the confrontation with Pelosi was released.

Trump reiterated his newest line of attacks on Democrats this week at campaign rallies and a video recorded in the White House, while praisingRep. Greg Gianforte's (R-Mont.) assault of a reporter last year at his rally Thursday night.

I'm sorry, but isn't it the left that's the mob? Because... yeah!

Oh, by the way! There's Godwin's Law if we compare anything to the Nazis, but is there an equivalent of it with Communists? Because one, Pelosi isn't that left, and two, calling Democrats Communists got really stupid when right-wingers accused Obama of being such.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16: That's cute, Minnesota Republican candidates received concussion from leftist mob

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/10/18/actual-violence-against-minnesota-republicans-n2529333

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

New York man arrested for threatening senators over Kavanaugh.

And this at a not political rally:

McConnell and wife confronted by customers at restaurant.

“Oh yeah, why don’t you get out of here? Why don’t you leave our entire country,” the diner can be seen telling the couple as others at the restaurant shooed the diner and told him to leave the senator alone.

The woman who recorded the incident told TMZ the diner also slammed his fists on the couple’s table and threw out his food.

Lets try to be civil.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Oh no the gay band the "Proud Boys" they are the worst.

Also you hopefully don´t have a problem with this? because what was it that democratic congresswoman said. Can you remind me again.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

Oh no the gay band the "Proud Boys" they are the worst.

Also you hopefully don´t have a problem with this? because what was it that democratic congresswoman said. Can you remind me again.

I saw an article stating that Gavin McInnes telling his Proud Boys in the NYC Scuffle to turn themselves in, and they are. It's from Nintendoboy's favorite source, The Hill

The founder of the far-right "Proud Boys" group said Friday that several of its members are preparing to surrender to the police for their part in a brawl outside a Republican club in New York earlier this month.

Gavin McInnes said that eight of the suspects would turn themselves in just a day after the New York Police Department made its first arrest in connection with the street fight, according to The New York Times.

A police official also told the newspaper that a lawyer representing at least four of the suspects called the police to address the details of their surrender.

“They are going to be in the Tombs by tonight,” McInness, who is also Vice Media co-founder said, according to the Times.

The prepared surrender follows a brawl that erupted after McInnes delivered a speech last Friday at the Metropolitan Republican Club on the Upper East Side.

Video released by the NYPD shows many of the group's members fighting with anti-fascist demonstrators that protested McInnes's speech.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The far left started it with Ted Cruz.

The far left as of late just setting up all the precedents for incivility and violence.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Congress people seem to be getting a lot of violence thrown at them as of late. Soon, maybe someone might actually kill a politician.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

The far left started it with Ted Cruz.

The far left as of late just setting up all the precedents for incivility and violence.

I don't care who started it. No one in the real world cares. I'm just calling out the hypocrisy. Stop trying to mind trick me into thinking one side are angels, when the otherside is DOING THE SAME THING as the other.

Anti Trump protest? "It's mob mentality/SJW's/etc"

Anti-Democrat protests? "Oh it's fine!"

@watercrack445 said:

Congress people seem to be getting a lot of violence thrown at them as of late. Soon, maybe someone might actually kill a politician.

I wouldn't be shocked. Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. Hell, more civilians would be next if history is indication. First it was by radical individuals, but next, it would be done by US government/armed forces/law enforcement, which did happen in Puerto Rico (Ponce massacre, 1937).

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

Well, that sanders supporter gave it a good try.

Thank god for the congressman with security, or it would have ended much much worse.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@nintendoboy16: That's cute, Minnesota Republican candidates received concussion from leftist mob

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/10/18/actual-violence-against-minnesota-republicans-n2529333

@Master_Live said:

New York man arrested for threatening senators over Kavanaugh.

And this at a not political rally:

McConnell and wife confronted by customers at restaurant.

“Oh yeah, why don’t you get out of here? Why don’t you leave our entire country,” the diner can be seen telling the couple as others at the restaurant shooed the diner and told him to leave the senator alone.

The woman who recorded the incident told TMZ the diner also slammed his fists on the couple’s table and threw out his food.

Lets try to be civil.

Deflection aside, the situation in the OP still paints the far right "Proud Boys" as a mob. Which is ironic.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Both sides need to clamp down on this. It's getting ridiculous.

Like Pelosi says "we have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it".

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

That comes with the job of being a politician these days.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I know this is not about Mitch McConnell but what he said is a torn in my ass. He literally said 'we enjoyed our meal'

no you didnt, just say 'we refuse to acknowledge people who yell at us at dinner' and stop lying by suggesting you like to go out to dinner to be yelled out.

or even better...just dont say anything at all.

why do people make a comment when they do not have to?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

This country feels to be tearing itself apart and ready to explode. This is exactly what you get when you put someone in power who has the maturity of an adolescent....one who bullies, blames, and encourages conflict instead of one that tries to unite.

Each side is to blame for their actions, but one side is more responsible for this current political climate; those who saw this behavior in a man and still decided to elect him to have him now consistently throwing fuel on the fire. This is more on you than anybody else.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt

@MirkoS77 said:

This country feels to be tearing itself apart and ready to explode. This is exactly what you get when you put someone in power who has the maturity of an adolescent....one who bullies, blames, and encourages conflict instead of one that tries to unite.

Each side is to blame for their actions, but one side is more responsible for this current political climate; those who saw this behavior in a man and still decided to elect him to have him now consistently throwing fuel on the fire. This is more on you than anybody else.

I look at it like this

Would it be reasonable to ask people to stay calm and be civil during the holocost?

Is it reasonable to ask people to stay calm and be civil when a person who has committed several acts of perjury and likely committed attempted murder and rape is elevated to the surpreme court?

where is the line between the two?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

Would it be reasonable to ask people to stay calm and be civil during the holocost?

Is it reasonable to ask people to stay calm and be civil when a person who has committed several acts of perjury and likely committed attempted murder and rape is elevated to the surpreme court?

How much paint did you wake up eating today?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

Might want to try responding again.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

I do not

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

I look at it like this

I do not

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

I do not

where is the line where it becomes reasonable to be uncivil?

there is a line, it does exist (or would you suggest it doesnt exist) so my question is, where is that line?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

I do not

there is a line, it does exist (or would you suggest it doesnt exist) so my question is, where is that line?

You're talking in abstracts, and claiming the president has tried to murder and rape people.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

I do not

You're talking in abstracts, and claiming the president has tried to murder and rape people.

no I was not refering to the president when I talked about being placed on the supreme court.

that said, getting caught up on if Bret K. actually did try to kill Ford or not by holding his hand over her mouth is not as relevant as the question of WHERE IS THE LINE or does the line exist at all.

that is the main take away

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

I do not

no I was not refering to the president when I talked about being placed on the supreme court.

that said, getting caught up on if Bret K. actually did try to kill Ford or not by holding his hand over her mouth is not as relevant as the question of WHERE IS THE LINE or does the line exist at all.

You're stating that accusations that have been dismissed are actually facts.

When you can make sense, we'll continue to have a discussion.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

they have not been dismissed but you are missing the point.

you (like so many from the right) get easily distracted and struggle to stay focused.

the quesiton is WHERE IS THE LINE. you dont need two examples that are even factual to answer the question. So if Bret K held his hand over Fords mouth or not and if it was intentional attempted murdered or not it does not make the question go away

so I am asking you again.

where is the line, at what point does a person not deserve to have a civil meal in peace? is if it they commit genocide? is it if the commit murder? where is the line?

how about Perjury?

how about being elevated to the Surpreme court after several cases of Perjury? do you deserve a nice peaceful civil night out at the restaurant in that case?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

you (like so many from the right) get easily distracted and struggle to stay focused.

the quesiton is WHERE IS THE LINE. you dont need two examples that are even factual to answer the question. So if Bret K held his hand over Fords mouth or not and if it was intentional attempted murdered or not it does not make the question go away

where is the line, at what point does a person not deserve to have a civil meal in peace? is if it they commit genocide? is it if the commit murder? where is the line?

What color blue is the sky?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

By the standards of the rest of the world, the Democratic Party is actually right wing. The US has no viable left wing party. Calling her a Communist is laughably moronic and ignorant. But that's what I've come to expect from alt-right dipshits.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

how about Perjury?

If Senators ignore multiple cases of Perjury and a person is elevated to the Supreme Court do they deserve to have a nice peaceful meal at a restaurant?

So this horseshit about 'civil discourse' I think is silly. There is a line, the only question is ..where is the line

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bigfootpart2

Oh and I have no problem with people shouting at politicians. I actually think it needs to happen more often. These people need to remember who they are supposed to represent. The problem here is that the stuff that is being shouted is moronic.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

how about Perjury?

If Senators ignore multiple cases of Perjury and a person is elevated to the Supreme Court do they deserve to have a nice peaceful meal at a restaurant?

So this horseshit about 'civil discourse' I think is silly. There is a line, the only question is ..where is the line

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Good. Every Democrat should’ve denounced what Maxime Waters demanded the Democrats do to Republicans in public. They didn’t. Now they get a taste of their own medicine.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bigfootpart2
@Sevenizz said:

Good. Every Democrat should’ve denounced what Maxime Waters demanded the Democrats do to Republicans in public. They didn’t. Now they get a taste of their own medicine.

The idea that people should be civil to politicians is a modern thing. Our politicians have gotten too comfortable and have forgotten who they really work for.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt

@Sevenizz said:

I have zero problem with both sides of the isles confronting politic ans in restaurants about subjects that matter to them.

'keeping your mouth shut' is not a requirement for civilians

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

1) if you're condoning violence over political options, you're a fucking idiot and not fit for office.

2) if you're using violence over political opinions, you're too stupid to be in the country and should be thrown out.

3) if you're canned response is something along the lines of "well, the other side is just as bad" see points 1 and 2

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TryIt

@comp_atkins said:

1) if you're condoning violence over political options, you're a fucking idiot and not fit for office.

2) if you're using violence over political opinions, you're too stupid to be in the country and should be thrown out.

3) if you're canned response is something along the lines of "well, the other side is just as bad" see points 1 and 2

at what point though when the political system does not work and extreeme things are happening does a more kinetic response becomes justified?

I am not suggesting I know where that line is, but I do feel there is one.

what if (as an example) we find out that we have secret camps out in the desert that we use to mass kill illegals and the political system decides to legally do nothing about it.

is that too far?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts
@tryit said:
@comp_atkins said:

at what point though when the political system does not work and extreeme things are happening does a more kinetic response becomes justified?

I am not suggesting I know where that line is, but I do feel there is one.

what if (as an example) we find out that we have secret camps out in the desert that we use to mass kill illegals and the political system decides to legally do nothing about it.

is that too far?

fair enough. their may be legitimate situations which i did not have in my head.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

'Communist'. Lol what, did any of these folks complete high school?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt

Here is an example of a right winger keeping his cool....or maybe not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Dho35c0Vs

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By N64DD

@tryit said:

Don't know how to link videos the right way?

click on video and copy and paste the link.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

Don't know how to link videos the right way?

click on video and copy and paste the link.

I linked it the way I linked it on purpose. I know the difference, thanks

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fuhrer_D  Online
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@bigfootpart2 said:

Oh and I have no problem with people shouting at politicians. I actually think it needs to happen more often. These people need to remember who they are supposed to represent. The problem here is that the stuff that is being shouted is moronic.

This time 1000.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23807 Posts

Honestly, she isnt just being heckled by the right. The left dislikes her too.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sevenizz

@tryit: That’s retarded. What if someone did that to you because they don’t like your profession of Taco Bell burrito meat stuffer? You’d be fine with being harassed by strangers when you go out to eat with your family?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt

@Sevenizz said:

@tryit: That’s retarded. What if someone did that to you because they don’t like your profession of Taco Bell burrito meat stuffer? You’d be fine with being harassed by strangers when you go out to eat with your family?

1. If I was working as a public official. yes I would expect it. That is my job, those people pay me.

2. If I was mass murdering people with my hidden camp out in the woods and the goverment said that is fine because they like me then how I feel about it doesnt really matter, I deserve to be yelled at

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sevenizz

@tryit: That’s still retarded. What did your children or spouse do to deserve being heckled by strangers in public from someone of a different political stance?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts
@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

Comparing shoving men, woman, and children into gas chambers by the millions to cases of perjury and accusations of attempted murder and rape is asinine in pondering where the line of incivility is drawn. They are not even remotely the same. In a civil society, the line is drawn at proving accusations beyond a reasonable doubt as to the guilt of the perpetrator in the context of a society willing and able to enact proper and fair justice, yet one who chooses not to do so.

It's not nearly so clear cut, but that's essentially the gist of where the line should be drawn. Getting into brawls in the streets, disturbing people only looking to have a night eating out predicated on nothing but partisan passions, mere assumptions of guilt, or differences of ideological opinion are not justifiable grounds for incivility. Show me 100% ironclad proof of wrongdoing alongside institutional neglect in rectifying that injustice and then come talk to me. Then I can see promoting incivility.

Otherwise, no.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TryIt

@Sevenizz said:

@tryit: That’s still retarded. What did your children or spouse do to deserve being heckled by strangers in public from someone of a different political stance?

you have got to be joking me

If I am mass murdering people in a death farm you think I deserve to have a peaceful meal because I have a different political view on death camps from you?

are you nuts?????????????????????

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TryIt

@MirkoS77 said:
@tryit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I look at it like this

Comparing shoving men, woman, and children into gas chambers by the millions to cases of perjury and accusations of attempted murder and rape is asinine ...

I dont think so.

Do I think they are equivalent? no I do not

do I think cases of perjury, attempted murder and rape give you a license for me to allow you to have a peaceful meal with your family so that I do not offend you? no I do not.

what exactly is the poltical difference between 'its perfectly fine to elevate a person to one of the most important public service jobs on the planet without a proper investigation into accusations of rape and murder' vs 'we should have higher standard then that'

is that really a difference of 'political view'?no I dont not think so

is the separation of families because of a misnomer really a 'political issue'?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 N64DD

@tryit said:
@Sevenizz said:

If I am mass murdering people in a death farm you think I deserve to have a peaceful meal because I have a different political view on death camps from you?

So politicians are killing people in death farms?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@Sevenizz said:

So politicians are killing people in death farms?

the thing is, concentration camps is a political issue.

so there is it is, where is the line? where is the line between a polite civil political disagreement and a political position that is much more serious and real?

I ask you...directly, where is the line?