My Wife's Son will lose his health insurance under RyanCare...

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

WHAT THE **** IS PAUL RYAN THINKING WITH HIS NEW HEALTHCARE PLAN. Im fucking sick to my stomach right now...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Why? What provision will strip his coverage?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

WHAT THE **** IS PAUL RYAN THINKING WITH HIS NEW HEALTHCARE PLAN. Im fucking sick to my stomach right now...

aren't you a Republican/Trump supporter?

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

Seems that way. Or a troll. I guess its one and the same though.

If not, well its classical republicanism, they seem to lack so much empathy that they cannot comprehend something they are not currently going through and don't consider anyone's situation, including themselves.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Isn't this what you voted for?

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elpresador-911

@horgen: I voted for TrumpCare not PaulRyanCare

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

Whats the difference?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

Well, so far no plan has been put into effect, so sit down , relax and stop using caps :)

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl

@toast_burner said:
@elpresador-911 said:

Whats the difference?

Trump has come out in support of this plan, so.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Poetic justice that according to an article I read yesterday....those hit hardest over health care are his (Trump) support in rural and working areas. Good.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elpresador-911

@LJS9502_basic: so you're fine with millions of people losing their health coverage? You realize not everyone in Red States voted for Drumpf?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Probably that Americans should just walk it off.

Got cancer? Walk it off?

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

I thought you said you were a gay man? Are you closeted? How is it that you came to have a wife? :S

As for health care, no one is going to lose their coverage, from the details I've learnt. People on Obamacare are sort of grandfathered into the program. Now, there *is* a restructuring of subsidies where people near the poverty line will be getting less than they were before, and this might mean that they can longer afford that insurance plan. That's not technically the same thing as losing coverage; you'll just have to get a cheaper plan.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

@elpresador-911 said:

@LJS9502_basic: so you're fine with millions of people losing their health coverage? You realize not everyone in Red States voted for Drumpf?

Maybe read the entire post and stop whining.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

@Eponique said:

I thought you said you were a gay man? Are you closeted? How is it that you came to have a wife? :S

As for health care, no one is going to lose their coverage, from the details I've learnt. People on Obamacare are sort of grandfathered into the program. Now, there *is* a restructuring of subsidies where people near the poverty line will be getting less than they were before, and this might mean that they can longer afford that insurance plan. That's not technically the same thing as losing coverage; you'll just have to get a cheaper plan.

No people will lose health care.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Poetic justice that according to an article I read yesterday....those hit hardest over health care are his (Trump) support in rural and working areas. Good.

Such a sad post to read. Never though someone would want to see people lose healthcare just because of their location.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Such a sad post to read. Never though someone would want to see people lose healthcare.

I don't. Then again I didn't vote for it. However....since HIS voters are projected to be hit hard.....they got what they wanted. Everyone should be happy in that camp. I cannot and will not feel sympathy when someone does it to themselves.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl

@Eponique: i'm reading that an estimated 15 million people will lose coverage. It appears that both Trump and Ryan know this as they are preemptively undermining the CBO ahead of their full analysis.

My guess is that Trump supporters won't care unless they happen to be one of the 15 million.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Such a sad post to read. Never though someone would want to see people lose healthcare just because of their location.

You need to take off your blinders, he didn't say they deserve it because of where they live.

A. didn't say anything about "want", just said it was "poetic justice"....and it is

B. not based solely on location, but also voter demographic. He's not saying "Oh those rural hicks deserve to lose their coverage". He is saying "The rural areas voted for Trump, and as a result they are getting what they asked for."

C. It is fact, not opinion. I can easily see a conservative twisting it into "liberal elite opinions of rural hayseeds deserving blah blah blah..." but it's not, they literally asked for this.

In short, this is a lesson of being careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Basically if you lived your entire life by the rule of "never help anyone, help yourself" and suddenly you found yourself stuck at the bottom of a well and you could not get out, you would need help but you would not get it. That's pretty much what is going on here with these rural Trump supporters.

I don't really feel any animosity toward them, more pity and a bit of confusion as towards why they voted for Trump. They're a dying breed and every time they vote Republican they hasten that demise.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@elpresador-911 said:

Why don't you write your Democratic representatives, then, and tell them you support the ACA and to opppose the Republicans?

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KOD

@elpresador-911 said:

You did, you've proudly touted this until him being president affects you. And if you took a minute to actually grasp what the ACA was and what changes the republicans were calling for, the only place for you to go would be to understand they'd screw you. WTF did you think would happen? The people who didnt want the ACA in the first place and have attempted to repeal the whole damn thing over 50 times, you think theyd do what? Expand it? Make it better for lower income people, some how? WTF did you expect?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@elpresador-911 said:

You did, you've proudly touted this until him being president affects you. And if you took a minute to actually grasp what the ACA was and what changes the republicans were calling for, the only place for you to go would be to understand they'd screw you. WTF did you think would happen? The people who didnt want the ACA in the first place and have attempted to repeal the whole damn thing over 50 times, you think theyd do what? Expand it? Make it better for lower income people, some how? WTF did you expect?

He did? So he's a hypocrite. Whining now because of his choice. Meanwhile I voted against Trump.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Eponique: i'm reading that an estimated 15 million people will lose coverage. It appears that both Trump and Ryan know this as they are preemptively undermining the CBO ahead of their full analysis.

My guess is that Trump supporters won't care unless they happen to be one of the 15 million.

I've talked to some Trump supporters who support Trumpcare because they'll be getting subsidies. The funny/sad thing about this law is that it's not getting rid of subsidies, it's simply eliminating a lot of subsidies for low-income earners and shifting it to upper-middle income earners (who don't need any government help to begin with). What those Trump supporters don't realize is that subsidies cause inflation: if you're entitled to a $3,000 refundable tax credit, then insurance companies will take advantage of that and raise their prices accordingly. There's truly nothing to like about Trumpcare from a consumer and taxpayer perspective. If you're an insurer, though, you'll be swimming in gold.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Elpresador-911

@kod: The democrats are at fault for continuing to obstruct Trump and distracting him from crafting a great medicare system

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KOD

@elpresador-911 said:

@kod: The democrats are at fault for continuing to obstruct Trump and distracting him from crafting a great medicare system

Which was what?

And btw, there has been zero obstruction here, at least with what youre attempting to say. "Trumpcare" was simply a word someone threw out one day, there was nothing behind it, no ideas, no concepts, no proposals. And you know this, its why youve completely dodged the two or three people who asked you to demonstrate the difference between Trumpcare and Ryancare. Which all of your nonsensical BS kind of also leads me to assume, you would have supported Ryan as well.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattbbpl

There has been no obstruction yet. Republicans have all the votes and chambers they need to pass this with zero Democratic support.

This is the bill Republican leadership wants.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You need to take off your blinders, he didn't say they deserve it because of where they live.

A. didn't say anything about "want", just said it was "poetic justice"....and it is

B. not based solely on location, but also voter demographic. He's not saying "Oh those rural hicks deserve to lose their coverage". He is saying "The rural areas voted for Trump, and as a result they are getting what they asked for."

C. It is fact, not opinion. I can easily see a conservative twisting it into "liberal elite opinions of rural hayseeds deserving blah blah blah..." but it's not, they literally asked for this.

In short, this is a lesson of being careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Basically if you lived your entire life by the rule of "never help anyone, help yourself" and suddenly you found yourself stuck at the bottom of a well and you could not get out, you would need help but you would not get it. That's pretty much what is going on here with these rural Trump supporters.

I don't really feel any animosity toward them, more pity and a bit of confusion as towards why they voted for Trump. They're a dying breed and every time they vote Republican they hasten that demise.

You do realize that not everybody living in an area that voted for trump supports Trump, right? There is no poetic justice in people that didn't support trump but just happen to live in a red district losing health coverage and it certainly isn't "good". You can pretend like the only people affected in those areas are Trump supports but that's a ridiculous claim.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@Toxic-Seahorse: And you clearly didn't understand a thing I said......typical.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

So you are a gay guy who supports Trump, and now you have a wife and kid, and the kid will lose his Healthcare? Are you just playing various parts designed to be laughed at by us?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

What the ACA really needed was strengthening. It was a shit plan from the start but it was an initial step that was supposed to be strengthened and worked out over time. Problem is Republicans only goal was to interfere and not let it work, not making it functional. That was clear from the negotiations when they stripped things down. What we really need though is a public option, if not Medicare-for-all, or universal government funded healthcare.

This whole plan too is a big scam to help the rich. It's creating tax haven savings accounts for them to use. And tax credits aren't going to do shit for people that can't afford the healthcare to begin with. Also, I don't see how this can be passed with reconciliation if it's actually going to balloon the budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

How old is he? If he is under 26, then no he won't lose his healthcare as he can stay on hers. The new health care proposal has a lot of holes in it, but it's actually better for young people. They get cheaper insurance. The people that get screwed are the old and sick.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mattbbpl

@sonicare said:

How old is he? If he is under 26, then no he won't lose his healthcare as he can stay on hers. The new health care proposal has a lot of holes in it, but it's actually better for young people. They get cheaper insurance. The people that get screwed are the old and sick.

Better for SOME young people. Depends on things like income (which is not taken into account in this new proposal).

Edit: And those on Medicaid under the expansion.

That's why I asked him what proposal was causing the issue. It's hard to know what can be done without more targeted information.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#35 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

So, you put your hopes into a con man, and now you are angry that you got conned? I think you know the steps you need to take so you don't get conned again and again....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I'm 34 and got insurance thru my state pretty easy maybe take a protective approach and find some insurance for him?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
@WilliamRLBaker said:

I'm 34 and got insurance thru my state pretty easy maybe take a protective approach and find some insurance for him?

Next time it won't be so easy. Funding is being cut there as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@Shmiity said:

You smart. You loyal....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Such a sad post to read. Never though someone would want to see people lose healthcare.

I don't. Then again I didn't vote for it. However....since HIS voters are projected to be hit hard.....they got what they wanted. Everyone should be happy in that camp. I cannot and will not feel sympathy when someone does it to themselves.

you sound like a republican.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@sonicare said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

you sound like a republican.

Not wasting my time caring about people that don't care about themselves.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl

@sonicare: While I don't share LJs sentiment, I must admit I'm at a loss of where to go from here. We're dealing with a large number of people who advocate painful cuts to the afflicted as long as they're inflicted on someone else. What do you do with that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

@sonicare: While I don't share LJs sentiment, I must admit I'm at a loss of where to go from here. We're dealing with a large number of people who advocate painful cuts to the afflicted as long as they're inflicted on someone else. What do you do with that?

My sentiments? Those most affected are estimated to be Trump supporters. Hard to feel sorry for them. They fucked the entire country....they should be the ones affected. Not those that voted against. Also if they were too lazy to vote.....also their fault.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic: I was just referring to your statement about not caring about them - that's the sentiment I was referring to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@mattbbpl said:

@LJS9502_basic: I was just referring to your statement about not caring about them - that's the sentiment I was referring to.

Maybe karma will catch him. Idk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@kod said:

Not to defend the corporate democrats here, but i just wanted to point out that the republicans are so obstruction crazed, that they obstructed repealing a bill they wrote and approved of until DarkSkin Negroworth passed it.

Wow, you are a douchebag. If you're going to insult someone, do so with intelligence. But alas, 2 synapse' grinding together would be a step up.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

At some point you have to stop feeling sorry for people that don't feel sorry for themselves. In fact.....that's a rather crazy emotion to start with.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

"my wife's son"

Has OP been cucked or is he trolling us?