Mueller charges lawyer

#1 Posted by TryIt (7840 posts) -

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/robert-mueller-rick-gates/index.html

this is far from over...

Mueller charges lawyer with lying about interaction with Rick Gates

'Alex Van Der Zwaan is expected to plead guilty Tuesday afternoon'

'Van Der Zwaan is also accused of lying about the failure to turn over an email communication to the special counsel's office'

#2 Posted by SUD123456 (5082 posts) -

That may be true, but so far it amounts to nothing related to Trump. Indeed, it amazes me that several of these people lied about things not worth lying about....so I guess that makes them liars and stupid. This guy and Papadopolous both seem dumb to me.

#3 Posted by cainetao11 (34496 posts) -

@SUD123456: The fact they lie about things deemed not worth lying about is the startling thing. I've never known anyone to lie about nothing was for no deeper reason.

#4 Posted by PraetorianMan (1900 posts) -

You wouldn't think a lawyer would get snagged like this.

#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163915 posts) -

@PraetorianMan said:

Probably covering for trump.

#6 Posted by N64DD (10058 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@PraetorianMan said:

Probably covering for trump.

Obama*

#7 Posted by Serraph105 (32379 posts) -
Loading Video...

#8 Posted by joebones5000 (1810 posts) -

MAGA! - Mueller ain't going away!!!

#9 Posted by TryIt (7840 posts) -

@SUD123456 said:

That may be true, but so far it amounts to nothing related to Trump. Indeed, it amazes me that several of these people lied about things not worth lying about....so I guess that makes them liars and stupid. This guy and Papadopolous both seem dumb to me.

ok so there has been a misunderstanding by the media, people on the left and even people on the right and even the president himself.

The investigation is NOT 'into trump' its about Russia collusion which may or may not involve Trump.

however...thus far we have now 1 guilty please and I think a total of 15 indictments and its just getting started

#10 Posted by SUD123456 (5082 posts) -

@tryit: Sure. But it's a distinction without a difference. My point is that no one has been charged with anything related to actual collusion regarding the 2016 election.

#11 Edited by TryIt (7840 posts) -

@SUD123456 said:

@tryit: Sure. But it's a distinction without a difference. My point is that no one has been charged with anything related to actual collusion regarding the 2016 election.

actually I dont think that is accurate. I think Paul Manifort charges are related.

not completely sure but regardless that is NOT what you originally said or that I corrected you on, you have moved the goal post in one exchange