Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-police-chief-militia-groups-185400542.html

Title says it all. And while one way of looking at it is this is just the nutty militant right throwing their incel beta male white rage temper tantrums when they don't get their way, this just seems so very Guy Fawkes, and by that extent co-opting symbolism of V For Vendetta, where the act in a way seems to suggest to me that these people feel that a Democratic Biden administration essentially embodies the villain in that story, a totalitarian dictatorship police state that oppressed its people. Is that really how these people see Democrats even after a free and fair election? Oh wait, totally a rhetorical question, of course it is.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 vl4d_l3nin  Online
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

nutty militant right throwing their incel beta male white rage temper tantrums

😂

Feel better?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Why do we call them militia? They are not militia. Militias are regulated. They're terrorists.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Why do we call them militia? They are not militia. Militias are regulated. They're terrorists.

Terrorists is exactly what this entails, throw the book at them and lock away the key.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

By calling them militia and not terrorists... One is perhaps trying paint them in a certain way...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@horgen: call them what you will, my point being I feel the whole plot suggests something of their mindset that these people seem to believe they are fighting some severe oppression that simply does not exist, they have the worst kind of victim complex

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Yea, they're not a militia. This is textbook domestic terrorism, the biggest and continually growing problem in the US.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

That's the same police chief who thought a couple of biker cops would be enough to keep the masses in check on Jan. 6th? Domestic terrorism Nr.#1 threat, after years of hate- and fearmongering and violent protests, to suggest the deployed forces Jan6th were sufficient to handle the imaginary best case scenario, is either willful ignorance or just incompetence.

"There's evidence that some of those who stormed the Capitol were organized, but there's also evidence that a large number were everyday Americans, took on a mob mentality, because they were angry and desperate," she said.

https://news.yahoo.com/acting-capitol-police-chief-denies-204000744.html

Resignation is recommended.

Politico reports that "while authorities are aware of future attacks being discussed by the militia groups that attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, it's unclearhow developed or serious the intelligence around those plans may be."

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-police-chief-militia-groups-185400542.html

So it's... nothing. Unclear how developed or serious, but let's call it plans (pl.) anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

They're just trying to pwn teh libz, give them a break.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

Perhaps they are just pointing to internet chatter to justify keeping DC an armed camp?

From the article:

"Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman revealed these reported threats during a congressional hearing....in which she was asked about heightened security in the nation's capitol, including fencing and National Guard presence..."

"We know that members of the militia groups that were present on Jan. 6 have stated their desires that they want to blow up the Capitol..."

"Politico reports that 'while authorities are aware of future attacks being discussed by the militia groups that attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, it's unclear how developed or serious the intelligence around those plans may be.'"

I mean, really, "..stated their desires...to blow up the Capitol..." Did I miss the story where they deployed the NG when Madonna said, on camera in front of thousands, that she had thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House? Is Madonna sitting in a jail cell, and I just don't know it?

The FBI is really good at rooting out these wackjobs and thwarting any serious plots such as this. Believe me, if the FBI was on to something, they probably wouldn't be telling the DC police, and if they did, it would be with the understanding that the DC Chief of Police wasn't going to go blab it in front of an open congressional hearing.

I have no doubt there are all sorts of idiots out there spouting off about all kinds of nefarious shit they desire to do, but since when does that justify turning our nation's capitol in to an armed camp.