Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Michael Cohen's House testimony postponed, citing 'threats against his family'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/michael-cohen-testimony-postponed/index.html

lol wtf?

"Due to ongoing threats against his family from President Trump and Mr. Giuliani, as recently as this weekend, as well as Mr. Cohen's continued cooperation with ongoing investigations, by advice of counsel, Mr. Cohen's appearance will be postponed to a later date," Cohen's attorney Lanny Davis said in a statement. "Mr. Cohen wishes to thank Chairman Cummings for allowing him to appear before the House Oversight Committee and looks forward to testifying at the appropriate time."

Cummings and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, who is seeking Cohen's closed-door testimony, issued a joint statement slamming Trump and Giuliani for "efforts to intimidate witnesses, scare their family members, or prevent them from testifying before Congress.""We understand that Mr. Cohen's wife and other family members fear for their safety after these attacks, and we have repeatedly offered our assistance to work with law enforcement to enhance security measures for Mr. Cohen and his family," Cummings and Schiff said.

Damn that's a shame if true. His daughter is pretty cute.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Threats from Trump?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:

Threats from Trump?

Ya Trump threatened his Family, the President went out on Twitter and got his followers to go by the house and lay a special head in his bed.

Or maybe Buzzers had something to do with this, considering their fake story which some may believe.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zaryia
@horgen said:

Threats from Trump?

This is all I can find,

Mr. Trump has repeatedly suggested on Twitter that Mr. Cohen’s family members be investigated. In a recent interview with Jeanine Pirro, the Fox News host and one of Mr. Trump’s preferred interviewers, he called for Mr. Cohen’s father-in-law to be investigated without citing details.

When Ms. Pirro pressed for the name of the father-in-law, Mr. Trump demurred but said, “You’ll look into it because nobody knows what’s going on over there.”

That interview prompted a rare statement from House Democrats cautioning that any effort to discourage or influence witness testimony before Congress could be construed as a crime.

“The integrity of our process to serve as an independent check on the executive branch must be respected by everyone, including the president,” the Democrats said in the statement. “Our nation’s laws prohibit efforts to discourage, intimidate, or otherwise pressure a witness not to provide testimony to Congress.“

Maybe they are blowing it out of proportion, dunno.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Threats from Trump?

Ya Trump threatened his Family, the President went out on Twitter and got his followers to go by the house and lay a special head in his bed.

Or maybe Buzzers had something to do with this, considering their fake story which some may believe.

You don't see a problem with this if Trump egged his followers to do something illegal?

@zaryia said:
@horgen said:

Threats from Trump?

This is all I can find,

Mr. Trump has repeatedly suggested on Twitter that Mr. Cohen’s family members be investigated. In a recent interview with Jeanine Pirro, the Fox News host and one of Mr. Trump’s preferred interviewers, he called for Mr. Cohen’s father-in-law to be investigated without citing details.

When Ms. Pirro pressed for the name of the father-in-law, Mr. Trump demurred but said, “You’ll look into it because nobody knows what’s going on over there.”

That interview prompted a rare statement from House Democrats cautioning that any effort to discourage or influence witness testimony before Congress could be construed as a crime.

“The integrity of our process to serve as an independent check on the executive branch must be respected by everyone, including the president,” the Democrats said in the statement. “Our nation’s laws prohibit efforts to discourage, intimidate, or otherwise pressure a witness not to provide testimony to Congress.“

That does not seem like a thing the president should be doing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@horgen said:

You don't see a problem with this if Trump egged his followers to do something illegal?

I was making a joke.

But if anyone is threatening Cohen it´s sad but it´s nobodies fault but the perpetrators,

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@horgen said:

@zaryia said:

This is all I can find,

It's not. I can't believe he has any followers left.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

I was making a joke.

But if anyone is threatening Cohen it´s sad but it´s nobodies fault but the perpetrators,

I was unsure. Godfather reference, wasn't it?

Oh wait. Mob families with Trump at the top?

@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not. I can't believe he has any followers left.

Some just want to mess with others I guess.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

I was making a joke.

I was unsure. Godfather reference, wasn't it?

Oh wait. Mob families with Trump at the top?

Yup Godfather reference :)

And no mob family would have Trump as "Godfather" they may have him as a stooge. :D

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

When Dr. Ford was recieving death threats and didn't know if she could make it to congress immediately for testimony people were talking like maybe she was lying about everything.

Maybe Cohen is a liar about everything, amirite guys? Huh? Huh?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

@Serraph105 said:

When Dr. Ford was recieving death threats and didn't know if she could make it to congress immediately for testimony people were talking like maybe she was lying about everything.

Maybe Cohen is a liar about everything, amirite guys? Huh? Huh?

Interesting you mention Ford, where is she now btw? also, remind me, I seem to recall a certain committee asking if they should come out to her instead and they could even find a neutral spot.

But the reason she could not make it was because of her fear of flying, which funny enough only seem to be there when she had to fly to Washington.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia

@horgen:

A few tweets and Two videos on some of the "threats". There is also a phone interview were Trump mentions family members but I can't find it.

https://youtu.be/EjvQRA9mb8k

Rudy one is pretty nasty, whether it can be seen as witness intimidating or not why are they randomly attacking his family.