LIVE: Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation hearings.

• 135 results
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Serraph105: I'm just ribbing you a bit. It's the type of thing I could see myself doing after a long day at the office.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:

Boohoo the meanie president wants to appoint a guy I don't want appointed, better do something stupid and largely inconsequential for anyone but me to show how much I disapprove of them, that'll show them who the boss is

I suggest a dictatorship for you since you seem more comfortable in that environment...........remember thinking for one's self is bad,

You've got it backwards, you're the one who would be better suited with a boot up his ass and one on his head, I'm the guy who advocates small government here

Well you're definitely advocating the censorship of opposing ideologies.........

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry, but WHAT? Did you drink inkjet toner before typing that out? I literally just said that this protest is meaningless and inconsequential and those who are doing it are idiots because the way they are protesting they do absolutely nothing except put themselves in trouble with the law. Nothing, absolutely nothing of what they're doing is going to be impactful to anyone except themselves in any meaningful way. How is that advocating censorship of opposing ideologies? Are you stoned?

Leftists have this weird idea that it's enough to "state their disapproval" for things to change for the better. They're literally just being children who cross their arms and pout because mommy and daddy just walked past the toys section of a supermarket without buying them the toy they wanted because their parents know the kid would play with it for an hour and then forget about it. It's a stupid, petty, inconsequential protest and everyone who supports this kind of behavior is an idiot.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:

Boohoo the meanie president wants to appoint a guy I don't want appointed, better do something stupid and largely inconsequential for anyone but me to show how much I disapprove of them, that'll show them who the boss is

I suggest a dictatorship for you since you seem more comfortable in that environment...........remember thinking for one's self is bad,

You've got it backwards, you're the one who would be better suited with a boot up his ass and one on his head, I'm the guy who advocates small government here

Well you're definitely advocating the censorship of opposing ideologies.........

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry, but WHAT? Did you drink inkjet toner before typing that out? I literally just said that this protest is meaningless and inconsequential and those who are doing it are idiots because the way they are protesting they do absolutely nothing except put themselves in trouble with the law. Nothing, absolutely nothing of what they're doing is going to be impactful to anyone except themselves in any meaningful way. How is that advocating censorship of opposing ideologies? Are you stoned?

Leftists have this weird idea that it's enough to "state their disapproval" for things to change for the better. They're literally just being children who cross their arms and pout because mommy and daddy just walked past the toys section of a supermarket without buying them the toy they wanted because their parents know the kid would play with it for an hour and then forget about it. It's a stupid, petty, inconsequential protest and everyone who supports this kind of behavior is an idiot.

It's your post above. You can pretend all you want........but I left your post in the quote chain. Then again righties aren't dealing in reality anymore so............it's not surprising you don't know what your words are advocating.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By N30F3N1X

@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's your post above. You can pretend all you want........but I left your post in the quote chain. Then again righties aren't dealing in reality anymore so............it's not surprising you don't know what your words are advocating.

Sorry, your third grader level reading comprehension doesn't change what I wrote. At no point did I endorse in any way censorship.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

-sigh-

all this mess because the gop had a temper tantrum when garland was nominated...

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

you would have more success if you where a bit more honest.

where there protesters there? yes

was the hearings disrupted by democrats? yes

was the hearing disrupted by protesters? yes

did democrats bring in the protesters? no

no need to take truth to the level of a lie just for effect. it wil backfire on you as it always does

Many of the demonstrators were paid. This was all coordinated by the Democratic senators headed by Chuck Schumer.

The lie is you are trying to ignore the truth. Dick Durbin said as much.

Link? You do know many Americans are disgusted with the current situation. Trump has been protested several times. He's at a very low approval rating. He ONLY has his base at this point.

What you have witnessed in the hearings is the new faced to the Democratic party. Trump has a base of approximately 66,000,000 and getting larger. He has done more and offers more for the country than the Democratic party.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

you would have more success if you where a bit more honest.

where there protesters there? yes

was the hearings disrupted by democrats? yes

was the hearing disrupted by protesters? yes

did democrats bring in the protesters? no

no need to take truth to the level of a lie just for effect. it wil backfire on you as it always does

Many of the demonstrators were paid. This was all coordinated by the Democratic senators headed by Chuck Schumer.

Link? You do know many Americans are disgusted with the current situation. Trump has been protested several times. He's at a very low approval rating. He ONLY has his base at this point.

What you have witnessed in the hearings is the new faced to the Democratic party. Trump has a base of approximately 66,000,000 and getting larger. He has done more and offers more for the country than the Democratic party.

Trumps base is not getting larger

and yes...that is the new face of the Democratic party, one that will not accept and go to extreeme measures to protect this country

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@N30F3N1X said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sorry, your third grader level reading comprehension doesn't change what I wrote. At no point did I endorse in any way censorship.

Shame you don't understand your own posts. Conservative then?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure at those who serve the people. That's what they are elected to do.

And trump's support is actually shrinking.........not growing. But I love that Republicans don't see that and look forward to the lose of power because they can't/won't adjust.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#110 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

-sigh-

all this mess because the gop had a temper tantrum when garland was nominated...

You surely mean All this because the Democrats had a girly fit and removed the filibuster for Supreme court nominees.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Serraph105 said:

Way to go Cory Booker for not following the rules that republicans threw out years ago! I hope he faces no consequences for this and it serves to piss off republicans.

Can anyone tell us why these were classified? What pertinent information in these emails caused them to be withheld from the hearings?

Well, it looks like the booker was just playing up for the camera and the evening before they were released for public, so he was just grandstanding which is no surprised he is elected for New Jersey and it must be hard trying to live up to Jersey Shore.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Serraph105 said:

Way to go Cory Booker for not following the rules that republicans threw out years ago! I hope he faces no consequences for this and it serves to piss off republicans.

Can anyone tell us why these were classified? What pertinent information in these emails caused them to be withheld from the hearings?

Well, it looks like the booker was just playing up for the camera and the evening before they were released for public, so he was just grandstanding which is no surprised he is elected for New Jersey and it must be hard trying to live up to Jersey Shore.

what did he release?

I will look it up and read those emails, thanks for keeping this in everyones preview

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Serraph105 said:

what did he release?

I will look it up and read those emails, thanks for keeping this in everyones preview

He "released" some files regarding Kavanoughs supposedly positive stance on racial profiling

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

what did he release?

He "released" some files regarding Kavanoughs supposedly positive stance on racial profiling

and that he actually doesnt consider roe vs wade as unchangeable.

interesting how these emails would be considered confidential, is that because of national security?

thanks again for keeping this topic up so more people can look into the contents of those emails.

maybe they are all fake and created by the 'resistance' i mean the 'deep state'. oh that is right you and Trump dont agree on the 'resistance' claim being true or not

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

what did he release?

interesting how these emails would be considered confidential, is that because of national security?

thanks again for keeping this topic up so more people can look into the contents of those emails.

maybe they are all fake and created by the 'resistance' i mean the 'deep state'. oh that is right you and Trump dont agree on the 'resistance' claim being true or not

Kavanaugh has never said Roe V Wade is not settled law, that email was about legal scholars, not his own personal opinion.

But it´s funny to see the grandstanding from the Democrats, it´s like watching a children's zoo where all the monkeys run it.

As to the confidentiality, well they are not since they have been released for public, but the papers they claim is being withheld, who knows why they are confidential, they claim it´s national security and to protect personal information but I am not on the chairmans staff yet. So who can say?

I sure as amen in a church would not trust a Democrat on the matter, since their only interest is to stall and attempt to delay it until after the mid-terms.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

what did he release?

Kavanaugh has never said Roe V Wade is not settled law, that email was about legal scholars, not his own personal opinion.

But it´s funny to see the grandstanding from the Democrats, it´s like watching a children's zoo where all the monkeys run it.

As to the confidentiality, well they are not since they have been released for public, but the papers they claim is being withheld, who knows why they are confidential, they claim it´s national security and to protect personal information but I am not on the chairmans staff yet. So who can say?

I sure as amen in a church would not trust a Democrat on the matter, since their only interest is to stall and attempt to delay it until after the mid-terms.

well thanks for bringing the emails in question to light that now you are suggesting are real and not fake.

that helps the left, thank you

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

what did he release?

God it's like you are trying to be as shitty as possible to the people who don't want Kavenaugh confirmed. The problem is you're kicking down.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Serraph105: I'm probably going to be repeating this sentiment a lot in the future, but you should expect him to kick down. Virtually all political norms have been shattered, and politics in the US has turned into loosely structured warfare. If you expect anyone, nevertheless a proponent of the Trump administration, not to kick whenever they have the chance then you're going to open yourself up to a lot of blows.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: I'm probably going to be repeating this sentiment a lot in the future, but you should expect him to kick down. Virtually all political norms have been shattered, and politics in the US has turned into loosely structured warfare. If you expect anyone, nevertheless a proponent of the Trump administration, not to kick whenever they have the chance then you're going to open yourself up to a lot of blows.

True, just wanted to call it like it is. It's no longer enough to get what you want, you have to insult and stereotype and be racist towards those you beat. Or at least Jac does, and so does our President.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jacanuk

@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

True, just wanted to call it like it is. It's no longer enough to get what you want, you have to insult and stereotype and be racist towards those you beat. Or at least Jac does, and so does our President.

@Serraph105 said:

God it's like you are trying to be as shitty as possible to the people who don't want Kavenaugh confirmed. The problem is you're kicking down.

What on earth are you talking about? I know you are on the left, but come on even you have to be able to see the shit every single democrat keep trying to pull, in their attempt to foil this nomination.

And hopefully you have noticed that not one single person has questioned if Kavanaugh is competent to get the position, they just try to stall it so they can get past the midterms and have a position where they can decide who gets the seat. Not forgetting that if the Democrats really get their will, this seat will remain open until after the 2020 election, meaning they will pretty much make the highest court go into vacation mode.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 N30F3N1X

@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

Watch any leftist's social media page and tell me how many of them have never written anything against "white people". Or any joke about the president's weird affinity for color orange.

It's funny how that works, the leftwing accuses the rightwing of doing what the leftwing is actually doing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105 said:

What on earth are you talking about? I know you are on the left, but come on even you have to be able to see the shit every single democrat keep trying to pull, in their attempt to foil this nomination.

And hopefully you have noticed that not one single person has questioned if Kavanaugh is competent to get the position, they just try to stall it so they can get past the midterms and have a position where they can decide who gets the seat. Not forgetting that if the Democrats really get their will, this seat will remain open until after the 2020 election, meaning they will pretty much make the highest court go into vacation mode.

Considering with him on the SC the president won't have any checks.......you should be against his appointment as well. Also he polls very low. Isn't the voice of the people important? You whine about trump's election that way. Stop being hypocritical.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Serraph105 said:

Your snide douche statements aside, that's not what I asked. Par the course, Jacanuk style.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Oh, look, they actually might be hiding important details in those "unimportant" emails:

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/08/brett-kavanaughs-perjury-avalanche-50-years-in-the-making/

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Serraph105 said:

Your snide douche statements aside, that's not what I asked. Par the course, Jacanuk style.

Well, you are asking a question no one except the people who deemed them to be confidential can answer. As for us, the public all we know is they are considered to be of national security.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

Considering with him on the SC the president won't have any checks.......you should be against his appointment as well. Also he polls very low. Isn't the voice of the people important? You whine about trump's election that way. Stop being hypocritical.

Your confidence in our independent legal scholars is amazing.

But set that aside and look at reality, Kavanaugh is not a moron neither is he someone who will disregard the law. So if it comes to someone trying to bypass 45 years of legal precedence because it´s Trump, I am sure the court will go 9-0 for the first and not be a Democrat puppet.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

But set that aside and look at reality, Kavanaugh is not a moron neither is he someone who will disregard the law. So if it comes to someone trying to bypass 45 years of legal precedence because it´s Trump, I am sure the court will go 9-0 for the first and not be a Democrat puppet.

Most legal scholars I've heard are warning against this appointment for that very reason.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Most legal scholars I've heard are warning against this appointment for that very reason.

You mean liberal "legal scholors"

That is the biggest problem with the left, they can´t separate themselves from their political views.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You mean liberal "legal scholors"

That is the biggest problem with the left, they can´t separate themselves from their political views.

No I mean legal scholars......it may surprise that except for conservatives most people look at things in real time and not with a party filter.

Also use spell check.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

No I mean legal scholars......it may surprise that except for conservatives most people look at things in real time and not with a party filter.

Also use spell check.

Funny how your trolling comes out so clearly

People you disagree with "right nutjobs" people you agree with have no bias.

LOL at least you don´t hide the trolling and the spell check, what a lame attack, you can do better right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Also use spell check.

Funny how your trolling comes out so clearly

People you disagree with "right nutjobs" people you agree with have no bias.

LOL at least you don´t hide the trolling and the spell check, what a lame attack, you can do better right?

That's not what trolling is.......but I get that you cannot counter and throw that word in.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not what trolling is.......but I get that you cannot counter and throw that word in.

That is indeed what trolling is

And you are pretty bad at it.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 theone86
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's becoming clearer that he perjured himself on at least one occasion, so he is objectively someone who will disregard the law.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Jacanuk

@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's becoming clearer that he perjured himself on at least one occasion, so he is objectively someone who will disregard the law.

In what regard?

Links would be good.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 theone86
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

In what regard?

Links would be good.

It's in my previous post.