Lets Go Brandon! is the #1 hip hop song in America on itunes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Looks to me like a bunch of uncle Tom's selling themselves out to make some money. Hopefully nobody with common sense falls for this crap. Joe Biden may not be better than trump in a lot of things, but he's still 100 times better than the common republican like george/jeb/mitt/mitch etc. The majority on the right have fallen hard to tribalism on some very important generational defining things like global warming and vaccinations. They are dangerous, and I'm not saying it lightly either, I mean it. The right has turned into a massive national security threat. If it were a few people with such dangerous beliefs, the feds would have made them dissappear a while ago. But it's the majority of the right that has these similar thoughts, that nothing can be done. Whatever the case, the left and independents need to stick together until the right has some change in some of their extremist beliefs.

As an African American male, I take offense to this. That's a very racist thing for you to say, because you disagree with someone. Very pathetic. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#252  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 606 Posts

Yes, calling someone uncle tom because you disagree with them, is racist. Its like he has to agree with you because he is black.

Minorities don't have to be liberals. Each person has their own point of view regardless of race.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16517 Posts
@shurns said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Looks to me like a bunch of uncle Tom's selling themselves out to make some money. Hopefully nobody with common sense falls for this crap. Joe Biden may not be better than trump in a lot of things, but he's still 100 times better than the common republican like george/jeb/mitt/mitch etc. The majority on the right have fallen hard to tribalism on some very important generational defining things like global warming and vaccinations. They are dangerous, and I'm not saying it lightly either, I mean it. The right has turned into a massive national security threat. If it were a few people with such dangerous beliefs, the feds would have made them dissappear a while ago. But it's the majority of the right that has these similar thoughts, that nothing can be done. Whatever the case, the left and independents need to stick together until the right has some change in some of their extremist beliefs.

As an African American male, I take offense to this. That's a very racist thing for you to say, because you disagree with someone. Very pathetic. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

im also black, but anyone can say anything on the internet and get away with it. People are very sensitive these days, but the fact is that Uncle Tom is a word thats very commonly known in black communities. Its named after the character of a very famous book by harriot beecher, Uncle Toms cabin. Actually, uncle tom is the most hated fictional character to date in the black community. Here is a quora answer about whether or not uncle tom is a racist thing to say. I really like the last bit calling out Candace Owens, David Clark and Clarence Thomas as long time uncle toms. https://www.quora.com/Is-Uncle-Tom-a-racial-slur

“Is “Uncle Tom” a racial slur?

Not at all. Uncle Tom is an indicator of whether or not a black person sides with whites, unnecessarily, and in the face of logic. I play golf with a guy who is black, and grew up in B-More city. He hates Obama, and loves trump. What makes him a Tom, is when he engages Radom whites, and talks shit about blacks. (He does it any chance he gets.)

Tom is seen as a compliment when used by whites. A republican politician once mused that ‘we need more Uncle Tom blacks to vote for us.’

When Tom is used by black folk, we mean it the same way Jewish folks mean “not self respecting”. As in, ‘no self respecting Jew would drive a Ford.’

Some confuse acting white with being a Tom. They’re different. Some blacks grew up in environs where they take the speech patterns of whites. Doesn’t mean they hate being black. Some examples, Candace Owens, Clarence Thomas, and David Clarke are Toms. Michael Steele, and Will Heard are not.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 blaznwiipspman1

@nirgal said:

Yes, calling someone uncle tom because you disagree with them, is racist. Its like he has to agree with you because he is black.

Minorities don't have to be liberals. Each person has their own point of view regardless of race.

if I call someone a ccp agent, is that also racist?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7978 Posts

@shurns said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I'm new to most of these artists. But now I'm interested and looking into their catalogue.

@blaznwiipspman1 This Bryson Gray guy seems consistent. The guy made a 1776 album lol He's for sure a Christian and conservative. I don't believe this to be a Grift. The music actually bangs, even if you don't like his message his production is solid. This 1776 album is nice. Its legit Conscious hip hop. I didn't know MAGA rappers were a thing until now, but if this is what it is, I'm a fan lol never thought id say that. I don't know about this rest but Bryson Gray is like Freddie Gibbs of christian rap, its actually good and if its a grift its one of the most elaborate ones I've ever seen. Personally I think he's legit.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By SargentD

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Any country versions of this mantra yet?

Only small time guys trying lol but if this guy can go viral...

Loading Video...

First big country star to do it right will blow it up for sure though.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Nirgal

@blaznwiipspman1: i guess that depends on what they are saying. But i am very anti authoritarian and i get called cpp agent all the time, for saying you shouldn't treat badly Chinese people just because they are Chinese.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Nirgal

@blaznwiipspman1: the problem with calling people uncle tom, is that it can quickly become a way to disregard people that dont agree with you, and, as you can only call black people uncle Toms, its a way to disregard someone opinion that is partially based in their race.

Black people may use it too, but that doesn't make a difference. Its still a way to shut someone based on their race.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 blaznwiipspman1

@sargentd said:
@shurns said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I'm new to most of these artists. But now I'm interested and looking into their catalogue.

@blaznwiipspman1 This Bryson Gray guy seems consistent. The guy made a 1776 album lol He's for sure a Christian and conservative. I don't believe this to be a Grift. The music actually bangs, even if you don't like his message his production is solid. This 1776 album is nice. Its legit Conscious hip hop. I didn't know MAGA rappers were a thing until now, but if this is what it is, I'm a fan lol never thought id say that. I don't know about this rest but Bryson Gray is like Freddie Gibbs of christian rap, its actually good and if its a grift its one of the most elaborate ones I've ever seen. Personally I think he's legit.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Yeah, hes pretty good actually, and yeah I agree it doesn't make you racist to be pro trump, or pro maga, and conversely it doesn't make you an uncle tom. I also respect that hes a religious man with good solid values, theres not many of those around these days, its become a rarity. I have to apologize because it doesn't look like he is an uncle tom. I don't agree with everything he says. Being against lgbtq is one of those things, but for real christians its something that they are conflicted with so I can understand that.

Being against Biden doesn't make you a racist, in fact I also think biden has been doing trash. The blunder in afghanistan is a stain that will never come off, and will go down in history books. If you take out covid, id say trump has done a much better job so far and nobody can blame trump for covid.

All of that doesn't change the fact that the wrong crowd is using his music for their own purposes.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 blaznwiipspman1

@nirgal said:

@blaznwiipspman1: the problem with calling people uncle tom, is that it can quickly become a way to disregard people that dont agree with you, and, as you can only call black people uncle Toms, its a way to disregard someone opinion that is partially based in their race.

Black people may use it too, but that doesn't make a difference. Its still a way to shut someone based on their race.

well since you're chinese and don't understand american culture, and freedoms you can say something like that as an outside observer, but that doesn't make it true. Uncle Tom is a universal word, it was invented by a black person for black people, but nowadays its been used in other cultures too. Also theres many words out there to "disregard" someones opinion, such as ccp agent. So if I call someone a ccp agent enough, maybe in a few years it will become a racist slur against chinese people? CCP agent can only be used on chinese people, so its a racist way to shut down chinese people am I right? But what if its true? Theres many ccp agents out there, i'm suspicious of you myself. Just like that, theres also uncle toms out there.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Nirgal

Each Person has their own opinion. For me trump became much worse the minute he tried to overturn the election. Biden has been below expectations. But nothing can be worse for me than to try to remain in power after loosing the election.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#262  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@sargentd: Your rabid obession with this song that will be forgotten in 6 months is getting a little sad.

More so since you are trying to make this song seen more popular than it actually is. Some of these just streams and not actual purchases.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#263 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@nirgal said:

Now that's something we can agree on.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23807 Posts

Being against Biden doesnt make anyone racist at all, that would be some of the most faux, virtue signalling crap ever.

Especially considering Biden's less than stellar history when it comes to race relations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@nirgal: Uncle Tom isnt a racist term, it is just an exceedingly subservient person usually to white people. Some on the right just claim its racist to trick minorities into thinking the left is racist and the right is just trying to protect them. Usually doesnt work.

That and it doesnt fit the definition of racism. Silly to claim it is.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#266 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@thenation said:

@nirgal: Uncle Tom isnt a racist term, it is just an exceedingly subservient person usually to white people. Some on the right just claim its racist to trick minorities into thinking the left is racist and the right is just trying to protect them. Usually doesnt work.

That and it doesnt fit the definition of racism. Silly to claim it is.

It's a derogatory term used and intended to demean blacks who do not fall in and toe the line for the left. How is essentially calling someone a traitor to their own race simply for having their own opinions not a racially driven insult?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Nirgal

I agree with eoten

You would not be able to use this word if that person wasn't black and its meant to dismiss their opinion without considering it.

Its a race based slur. So yes, of course its racist.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@thenation said:

@sargentd: Your rabid obession with this song that will be forgotten in 6 months is getting a little sad.

More so since you are trying to make this song seen more popular than it actually is. Some of these just streams and not actual purchases.

Yeah it's a bit much to spend time on it. It's flavor of the minute, gone tomorrow.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: It's been gone, it's not even on the US top 200 iTunes hip hop/rap for a while

Good. It was rather stupid, But I guess when they have Biden Derangement Syndrome anything makes them happy.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: It's been gone, it's not even on the US top 200 iTunes hip hop/rap for a while

Good. It was rather stupid, But I guess when they have Biden Derangement Syndrome anything makes them happy.

nope, just checked todays charts. Bryson Grays LGB still number 1 on iTunes all genres, above adele, and top of hip hop charts updated every hour.

Your probably looking at the yearly charts and these songs just released so those don't matter.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 SargentD

@thenation said:

iTunes charts aren't streams, you have to buy the song. Amazon music is similar. That's why they matter when looking at song releases.

Bryson Gray is an independent rapper, has no marketing budget, has no label, he's an independent Christian rapper and you don't think its impressive that he's beating Adele, Drake, Ed Sheeren, and Lil Nas X on itunes?? that's crazy impressive.

Downplay it all you want but its a reflection of culture and politics right now.

The left always owns pop culture. Hollywood is owned by the left.

This guy is doing this by himself. That's impressive I support him.

Change the culture.

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Maroxad

@sargentd: The reason the left generally controls the media and arts is because those jobs tend to attract left wingers.

But supply doesnt always match demand, and consumers will be around equally represented by the left and right. Most musicians are left wingers, but consumers of music are much more evenly split.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sargentd: Change the culture into what? Something you agree with? And a reflection of culture and politics right now? How? Do you just automatically assume everybody thinks like you? Because they don't.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Nirgal

@thenation: that's a strong reaction...

But i was well aware of the word and the famous novel well before your explanation.

And it was not created by black people

Perhaps it's you that doesn't really know how the word originates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@girlusocrazy: I dont think it is. Not sure itunes has a list like that though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@girlusocrazy: I dont use Itunes, so i had no idea. But i know what site he is using.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By SargentD
@girlusocrazy said:

@thenation: They do have charts and you can organize them in different ways. It does not look like what @sargentd showed. It seems like a third party site, and I don't know how they get their data. Could be legit or could be out their a**.

According to the site FAQ they collect data at one point in the day but iTunes actually updates multiple times per day with "live" stats:

How are these charts calculated?

The short answer is "we don't know". They're calculated and compiled by iTunes, we can only assume they're based on downloads. Given that the published charts are presented as "live" rather than covering any specified timeslot, there's obviously some kind of algorithm at play, but beyond that it's anybody's guess.

So this third party site seems to be doing some guessing for their stats.

your link is for apple music which is music streaming not buying.

I'm using sites that are tracking song purchases daily on iTunes. iTunes is to buy music

Apple Music is for streaming. I don't think Bryson Gray ever put LGB on apple music

http://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/top-rap-songs.php

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/charts/songs/hip-hop/

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 SargentD

@girlusocrazy: this is what itunescharts.net says

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@eoten: "And I don't have a side."

lol, okay then. This must have recently changed for you.

@mattbbpl said:

@comp_atkins: I think politics is fine in sports. Even laudable. Sporting events present a large stage, and it's going to attract activism. This incident is just a reminder that the "keep politics out of sports" people disagree with the cause, not the stage or method.

Yeah, I fully agree with this. I don't see the people who cancelled Colin Kaepernick getting all pissy about this, and lets face it, it's the political message, not the idea politics in sports itself.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Maroxad

People who want politics out of sports dont really understand how protests work. Or Political activism works.

They only work IF they are disruptive. We saw it with the Suffragettes (one particularly notable Suffragette committed suicide by jumping infront of the racing horses), we see it today with Greta Thunberg's campaign, we see it with LGBT rights, Civil Rights movement in the USA (there was a LOT more to that movement than just the I have a dream speech), independence in India, and so on.