Lets Go Brandon! is the #1 hip hop song in America on itunes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#51 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@eoten said:

I wasn't even aware of the meme but apparently "**** Joe Biden" is a very popular chant at many different sporting events. During a racing event some fake NBC reporter heard it and tried gaslighting on air by claiming they were chanting "let's go Brandon." Media really goes out of their way to cover for him and try to deceive the world into believing what people are clearly chanting isn't anti Joe Biden in nature.

I think it's lame they were chanting it at all. WTF has happened to this country? Everything is politicized, even NASCAR ffs.

Just...turn it off, people. Enjoy your weekend of watching cars turn left for a few hours. Does Biden really bug you that much? There's more to life than "owning the libs".

where are all the "herp derp, keep politics out of sports!" people here?

Are you saying a song single which can only be listened to by a users clickity click is in the same ballpark as a televised football game? lol

Still waiting for your personal definition of hip hop.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@comp_atkins said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@eoten said:

I wasn't even aware of the meme but apparently "**** Joe Biden" is a very popular chant at many different sporting events. During a racing event some fake NBC reporter heard it and tried gaslighting on air by claiming they were chanting "let's go Brandon." Media really goes out of their way to cover for him and try to deceive the world into believing what people are clearly chanting isn't anti Joe Biden in nature.

I think it's lame they were chanting it at all. WTF has happened to this country? Everything is politicized, even NASCAR ffs.

Just...turn it off, people. Enjoy your weekend of watching cars turn left for a few hours. Does Biden really bug you that much? There's more to life than "owning the libs".

where are all the "herp derp, keep politics out of sports!" people here?

Are you saying a song single which can only be listened to by a users clickity click is in the same ballpark as a televised football game? lol

Still waiting for your personal definition of hip hop.

?? not sure I understand what you're asking.

my comment was about people bringing politics into a sporting event ( chanting at a game ). seems like a lot of these folks may be the same as those having a tantrum at something like kaepernick taking a knee.

the hip hop comment was a joke. sure i guess technically it would fall into that genre, musically it's shit though (opinion obviously). but i'll give them credit for rising to the top of the charts. that's funny.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Politics have been a part of sports for a long time. For example, what exactly do you think the purpose of The Star Springled Star played during sporting events is?

It is propaganda that has been there since WW2. With the intent of spurring up nationalist thought.

https://www.vox.com/2016/9/3/12774172/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-why

As others said, Politics in sports is fine. It is a free country, and if people are getting offended, then good. If people are getting offended over hearing different, opposing viewpoints, then they have probably been way too sheltered, and needs to be sent straight back into reality.

I believe they are paid to play the anthem before games. Capitalism at it's finest.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#54 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@comp_atkins: Ah, misunderstood the context. That's definitely equatable.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

@comp_atkins: crowd chanting their beliefs vs the players there to present thier political beliefs.

Personally I don't think a sporting event is the place to express your political beliefs whether it's the crowd or players. But if one is allowed so should the other. What's fair is fair I suppose.

It's like going to the movies to watch mission impossible, but during the movie Tom Cruise comes on screen asking people to support the church of scientology, the audience whos there did not come to listen to this and proceeds to yell **** Tom cruise lol

None of this is ideal.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@sargentd said:

@comp_atkins: crowd chanting their beliefs vs the players there to present thier political beliefs.

Personally I don't think a sporting event is the place to express your political beliefs whether it's the crowd or players. But if one is allowed so should the other. What's fair is fair I suppose.

It's like going to the movies to watch mission impossible, but during the movie Tom Cruise comes on screen asking people to support the church of scientology, the audience whos there did not come to listen to this and proceeds to yell **** Tom cruise lol

None of this is ideal.

Political messages have been in films since virtually the dawn of the medium.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SargentD  Online

@mattbbpl: In films when it relates, yes. I'm specifically talking about outside the film.

It's like going to see Texas chainsaw massacre, but before the film starts you have to sit through a 10 minute promo on scientology. When it doesn't relate to the subject matter you paid to come see, people tend to dislike it. That's the point I'm trying to say. People tend to pay for football tickets to I dunno... go watch football...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: In films when it relates, yes. I'm specifically talking about outside the film.

It's like going to see Texas chainsaw massacre, but before the film starts you have to sit through a 10 minute promo on scientology. When it doesn't relate to the subject matter you paid to come see, people tend to dislike it. That's the point I'm trying to say. People tend to pay for football tickets to I dunno... go watch football...

Political messages are ingrained into "outside the sport" events already. For example, the national anthem, the performance of the US Marine Corps in the Super Bowl halftime show, and the honoring of Col. Charles McGee in the Super Bowl 2020 pregame activities + coinflip.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SargentD  Online

@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

Political messages are ingrained into "outside the sport" events already. For example, the national anthem, the performance of the US Marine Corps in the Super Bowl halftime show, and the honoring of Col. Charles McGee in the Super Bowl 2020 pregame activities + coinflip.

Yeah the national anthem is a tradition before the games.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SargentD  Online

Number #4 spot got another guy who made a lets go brandon track... People blowing up with Lets Go Brandon lol...

I didn't know about this Bryson Gray guy but he's actually alright lol Guess he wants in on the Lets Go Brandon Train.

He's beating Drake as of now lol was a good move.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SargentD  Online

lol

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

Yeah the national anthem is a tradition before the games.

Doesn't change the fact that its inclusion there is a VERY political move. Normalization of it doesnt make it any less political.

In fact, a lot of us outside the US find the National Anthem at sporting event bizarre at best, outright cultlike at worst.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mattbbpl

Yeah, I don't think the, "yeah, but we do that literally all the time," defense is a valid one, LOL.

If anything, it's an indictment.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

Doesn't change the fact that its inclusion there is a VERY political move. Normalization of it doesnt make it any less political.

In fact, a lot of us outside the US find the National Anthem at sporting event bizarre at best, outright cultlike at worst.

Indeed. I get why they would play it for international competition but not a baseball game etc here. Have vets at games as well but like I said they get paid to do so by the government.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

Indeed. I get why they would play it for international competition but not a baseball game etc here. Have vets at games as well but like I said they get paid to do so by the government.

well why not just promote every political cause at the start of all sports. Maybe we need to do Pro 2A demonstrations at the start of all football and baseball games, Maybe we can even get PETA to come out and do demonstrations for their causes.

Maybe we should have pro life demonstrations at the start of all hockey games.

Eventually this isn't even sports anymore. Trying to use the national anthem as your excuse to jam political demonstrations into sports is weak at best.

To my knowledge the national anthem isn't a political cause, I thought it was something people of the country respected on both the right and left. Its supposed to be a unifying message and doesn't have political leaning. Unless you are trying to say the national anthem is a right leaning political message or something??

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

well why not just promote every political cause at the start of all sports. Maybe we need to do Pro 2A demonstrations at the start of all football and baseball games, Maybe we can even get PETA to come out and do demonstrations for their causes.

Maybe we should have pro life demonstrations at the start of all hockey games.

Eventually this isn't even sports anymore. Trying to use the national anthem as your excuse to jam political demonstrations into sports is weak at best.

To my knowledge the national anthem isn't a political cause, I thought it was something people of the country respected on both the right and left. Its supposed to be a unifying message and doesn't have political leaning. Unless you are trying to say the national anthem is a right leaning political message or something??

No one is proposing anything like that. They've just offered support for people chanting in their seats at racing events and players kneeling during the the national anthem, LOL. All they've done is offer support for people involved in those events (whether as participants or as spectators) making their voices heard during those events.

But hey:

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SargentD  Online

@mattbbpl: you said the nation anthem is the justification for using sports events for political activism. How is the national anthem even a political cause. It's neutral.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Maroxad
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

And this when you know that they have succeeded.

If it has become so normalized, you don't even realize just how political a lot of the stuff going on in sports really are, they have successfully played you.

Things can be political without adhering to left-right spectrums, in fact, when star springled banner was originally used, politics was more about tribe and less about ideology.

As for playing the anthem itself, it is deeply militaristic. It glorifies war (being a glorification of a 1812 battle).

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: you said the nation anthem is the justification for using sports events for political activism. How is the national anthem even a political cause. It's neutral.

This isn't a battle of left vs right, it's an illustration of just how integrated sporting events and political messages have been and continue to be. The national anthem being played at sporting events is political, intended to drive up military support. Nor is it the only instance, it's just the most persistent and pervasive which is why I threw out a couple other examples as well.

If you want to get rid of political messages in sports, the national anthem will be going out with the rest.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@sargentd said:

lol

Loading Video...

Hmm. "Let's go Brandon, when you ask questions they star bannin'." He's not wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

Trumpkins are reaching far and hard here. Still salty Trump lost a fair election and wont be coming back. So mad they are trying to upend democracy and ban anybody against them. Sad. Biden is your president and Trump isnt coming back, pick your balls up off the floor and move on.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Eoten

@eoten said:
@sargentd said:

lol

Loading Video...

Hmm. "Let's go Brandon, when you ask questions they star bannin'." He's not wrong.

And there it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@eoten: So you are hating on the left because the copyright owners took down their own video? Dude, wake up! You are being lied to!

And its still there, so sargentd lied to you as well. And star bannin? What a shit line.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SargentD  Online

@eoten: wow they actually banned it.. 7day suspension from uploading anything else too... smfh lol wow, well he called it

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@sargentd said:

None of this is ideal.

you're entitled to your opinions of course as is everyone else.

personally i don't care what some entertainment widget has to say about their politics, but they're free to say it.

i was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting one but crying foul of the other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sargentd: Still up, stop lying.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SargentD  Online

@thenation: what am I lying about? Youtube suspended him and took down the video

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SargentD  Online

@thenation: Bryson's Gray's got taken down, your thinking of the other one by Loza in the original post.

Lozas let's go Brandon is currently the #1 hip hop song on itunes.

Brysons let's go Brandon is currently #3 hip hop song on itunes.

Eotens is talking about Bryson's song, (I posted it here earlier) and apparently it did get taken down and he's been suspended

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Eoten

@sargentd said:

@eoten: wow they actually banned it.. 7day suspension from uploading anything else too... smfh lol wow, well he called it

How do you know there was a suspension? Did you upload it?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Eoten
@thenation said:

@sargentd: Still up, stop lying.

You do realize he posted more than one video, right?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

Well biden has not done a good job so far. Specially when it comes to the withraw of Afghanistan.

Having said so, the nascar crowd not linking him is completely expected and would still be the case if his performance had been good.

And people using a song to express their political views is also nothing new.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@nirgal said:

Well biden has not done a good job so far. Specially when it comes to the withraw of Afghanistan.

Having said so, the nascar crowd not linking him is completely expected and would still be the case if his performance had been good.

And people using a song to express their political views is also nothing new.

Compared to Trump he has done ok, not his fault Republicans block everything he does.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Nirgal

Well trump basically tried overturn the election and remain in power after lossing, so yes, any president other than (arguably) nixon is better by default. Unless they would also attempt to destroy the democratic institutions.

But it still stand that biden had a horrible withrawal of Afghanistan and has not been able to pass his infrastructure bill that is key to his plan and election promises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@nirgal: The bill isnt his fault though. He needs help from corporate tools who wont budge.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Nirgal

Its his job to either rally all democrats or convince moderate republicans. Its was never going to be easy. Not an excuse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@nirgal: It is an excuse because Republicans were never going to back him, no matter what he did or said.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SargentD  Online

@TheNation : I know he was suspended because I looked up Bryson Gray's Twitter, he's talking about it. Video taken off youtube and 7 day suspension.

Might work in his favor tho, he's now #2 hip hop/rap song on itunes behind Lazos let's go Brandon. People now have to buy it if they want to hear it lol

It's crazy that the top 2 hip hop songs are let's go Brandon now lol.. this is that meta shit I geek out over. Both are above that new sub woofer song with Snoop too short and E-40 and those guys are absolute legends. This is wild.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic

@nirgal said:

Well trump basically tried overturn the election and remain in power after lossing, so yes, any president other than (arguably) nixon is better by default. Unless they would also attempt to destroy the democratic institutions.

But it still stand that biden had a horrible withrawal of Afghanistan and has not been able to pass his infrastructure bill that is key to his plan and election promises.

Then put the blame where it belongs, on Republicans and Two Democrats in the Senate. Are people that uneducated that they don't know how legislation works? You can blame any president for his unpopular programs but not for Congress not passing legislation.

As for Afghanistan that needed done, and trump put Biden in a bad place but most people have moved past that now anyway.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Maroxad

@nirgal said:

Its his job to either rally all democrats or convince moderate republicans. Its was never going to be easy. Not an excuse.

Unfortunately, blaming biden doesnt really seem reasonable here.

The fact of the matter is that republicans are more guided by being obstructionist/anti-democrat than actually standing for something concrete.

Back in 2016 Antonin Scalia died. Before anyone even knew who the replacement Obama had picked was, Republicans opted to obstruct Obama. Even after he picked a fairly milquetoast centrist, he was still obstructed. The opposition did not stem from any good faith concerns, it sorely sprung from the fact that he was selected by someone with a D next to their name.

These people do not act in good faith.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mattbbpl

It is a time honored tradition for Democratic voters to blame Democratic legislators for GOP obstruction, not vote for them in the next election, and then complain when the GOP implements GOP policies after they win.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@nirgal said:

The fact of the matter is that republicans are more guided by being obstructionist/anti-democrat than actually standing for something concrete.

Back in 2016 Antonin Scalia died. Before anyone even knew who the replacement Obama had picked was, Republicans opted to obstruct Obama. Even after he picked a fairly milquetoast centrist, he was still obstructed. The opposition did not stem from any good faith concerns, it sorely sprung from the fact that he was selected by someone with a D next to their name.

Merrick Garland? A centrist? You really do live in your own fantasy world, don't you?

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@thenation said:

@sargentd: What about a tribe called quest? Rakim in the 80s was awesome and never swore…That i remember.

yes they did

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:
@nirgal said:

Merrick Garland? A centrist? You really do live in your own fantasy world, don't you?

Yes, Merrick Garland is a pretty well known for his centrist view. Sorry to hear your overton window is so far to the right, your whole world has been distorted in hyperbola.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Maroxad: It is eoten….

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Song is incredibly cringe.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Misogynistic rhyming over a synthesised beat.

Far and away from music. Remember music? Man, they were the days.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Interesting how so many in here only endorse leftist political viewpoints being shared during events.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mattbbpl

@Telekill said:

Interesting how so many in here only endorse leftist political viewpoints being shared during events.

Most of them in this thread have also supported those endorsing right wing viewpoints during such events, so.....

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@mattbbpl: Agree to disagree

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points