Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 703 Posts

The past 24 hours hasn't been good for Bernie.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45422 Posts

*sigh* Project Veritas? That is fake news. And not the "booo fake news" Trump supporting snowflakes complain about. This is literal, verifiable fake news; the kind that cuts and splices audio and video together (that is 100x worse than the usual sound bites).

As for the subject, who cares? "Filed Organizers" are positions all over the place, of course there are going to be a few whackos.

With that said...is he wrong? The whole reason we are in this mess is due to lack of education, lack of critical thinking skills, on behalf of the Trump voters and supporters. Voting for Trump is an emotional response, not a particular intelligent and well thought-out one.

Can't say I agree with the gulag and cops-getting-beat bit, though.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Damedius

@mrbojangles25 said:

*sigh* Project Veritas? That is fake news. And not the "booo fake news" Trump supporting snowflakes complain about. This is literal, verifiable fake news; the kind that cuts and splices audio and video together (that is 100x worse than the usual sound bites).

As for the subject, who cares? "Filed Organizers" are positions all over the place, of course there are going to be a few whackos.

With that said...is he wrong? The whole reason we are in this mess is due to lack of education, lack of critical thinking skills, on behalf of the Trump voters and supporters. Voting for Trump is an emotional response, not a particular intelligent and well thought-out one.

Wait, so you agree with this whacko?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36117 Posts

how about we start smaller with just educating them in the first place... :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Just a little bit.

I think you're focusing on the "re-education" bit too much in the sense of brainwashing (Soviet Russia, North Korea, China, etc), but you're not seeing the forest for the trees, because the basic thought here (and it is the correct one) is that we have a lot of undoing to undo, a lot of divisive beliefs to, ummm, undivide...and that requires some education.

I don't think Trump supporters are idiots, but they are generally ignorant. Education breaks ignorance.

TL;DR: the video did show some scary beliefs, but I think it is ultimately coming from a good place (though, as the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions) and is not wrong.

@comp_atkins said:

See @Damedius? I'm not the only one :D

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122055 Posts
@comp_atkins said:

How will the Republican party survive then?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 2051 Posts

Good luck with that, Kyle, you fucking weirdo.

Why is it that Sanders attracts the biggest alt-lifestyle freakazoids into his fold?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 2877 Posts

Sorry, but this dude is a nutjob. Praising Stalin's gulags is just in-fucking-sane.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10795 Posts

1. Just a field organizer? Meh. Now Imagine the actual President who is running saying bat-shit stuff on a daily basis. Oh wait, he does just that.

2. Educating Trump supporters? The least educated voter base in over 40 years? lmao!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3099 Posts

@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Of course he does he is a Sanders supporter, do you expect anything different?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 comp_atkins

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Why is it that Sanders attracts the biggest alt-lifestyle freakazoids into his fold?

i don't think he can hear you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Xabiss said:
@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I am?!

*No, I am not. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

Obviously I hate those semi-anarchists, millennial-new-wave-punks that think "burning" things down is actually cool and noble. Those people shown in the video. I know because I was one of them in my younger years and I don't like that fact about myself hahaha.

But at the same time, as I said above, lack of education (or at least lack of knowledge, or willful ignorance) is how we got to this sorry state of affairs.

I mean, c'mon: show me one person that voted for Trump for objective reasons. Show me one person that made a list of pros and cons of Trump's policies versus his competitors.

You can't. Trump didn't have a policy. His whole campaign and presidency is run on emotion; fear, anger, resentment, jealousy, and insecurity. He's a god damn Sith lord, only dumb.

People that vote along those lines are obviously lacking in any better ideas, and therefore need to be educated. Not re-educated, mind you, like in gulags and shit, but just educated.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 2051 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe if I go out into the streets and scream it like a maniac he will hear me

Loading Video...

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 962 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I am?!

Obviously I hate those semi-anarchists, millennial-new-wave-punks that think "burning" things down is actually cool and noble. Those people shown in the video. I know because I was one of them in my younger years and I don't like that fact about myself hahaha.

But at the same time, as I said above, lack of education (or at least lack of knowledge, or willful ignorance) is how we got to this sorry state of affairs.

I mean, c'mon: show me one person that voted for Trump for objective reasons. Show me one person that made a list of pros and cons of Trump's policies versus his competitors.

You can't. Trump didn't have a policy. His whole campaign and presidency is run on emotion; fear, anger, resentment, jealousy, and insecurity. He's a god damn Sith lord, only dumb.

People that vote along those lines are obviously lacking in any better ideas, and therefore need to be educated. Not re-educated, mind you, like in gulags and shit, but just educated.

Plenty of the people that voted against Trump, voted out for the same reasons you proposed. Matter of fact, most of the voting populous votes for those reasons; you can tell by the content of almost every political commercial.

Also, to say Trump did not run on policy is short sited. He ran on immigration reform, the trade deficit, and lowering taxes. While the policies might not lean in the direction of your liking, they are policy.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3401 Posts

@Fuhrer_D said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I am?!

Plenty of the people that voted against Trump, voted out for the same reasons you proposed. Matter of fact, most of the voting populous votes for those reasons; you can tell by the content of almost every political commercial.

Also, to say Trump did not run on policy is short sited. He ran on immigration reform, the trade deficit, and lowering taxes. While the policies might not lean in the direction of your liking, they are policy.

Chants are not policy.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 17755 Posts

That sucks, they hate education.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete

The right seems to have recently realized what Trump himself has understood for some time. Bernie Sanders is a real threat to him. We'll see how this plays out.

SirLeoTheLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18 SirLeoTheLion
Member since 2020 • 30 Posts

@judaspete: Would you be so kind as to describe for me why you think he has no policies? What one thinks isn't policy could very well be policy they do not like.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2183 Posts

Lol. You can't re-educate Trump supporters. They already picked their side and they are sticking with him till the end.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comp_atkins

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@comp_atkins said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe if I go out into the streets and scream it like a maniac he will hear me

Loading Video...

nah, that probably wouldn't work either.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3099 Posts

You liberals really are screwed, just listening to how you speak about people that support Trump is just disturbing and kind of gross. Just like calling out Vince Vaughn for being cordial to Trump at the National Championship. I am really not sure what side is worse. I mean you call out uneducated Trump supports, but then you have the same gene pool called Antifa on your side.

Sorry to say both side are in the wrong and both sides are what is going to tear this country apart. It is pretty disgusting!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5838 Posts

@mrbojangles25: At this point I've pretty must lost all respect for you. What a pitiful sad poster you've become.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Damedius

@comp_atkins said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

@zaryia said:

2. Educating Trump supporters? The least educated voter base in over 40 years? lmao!

@mattbbpl said:

Bernie Sanders appeals to lower income, less educated people.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/sanders-warren-voters-2020-1408548

In poll after poll, Sanders appeals to lower-income and less-educated people;

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168190 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

You win the thread...……….

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 17755 Posts

@Damedius: You missed the point of my post. Conservatives have been denigrating education for decades to the point the multiple national level elected officials have referred to it as indoctrination.

LeicaM6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26 LeicaM6
Member since 2019 • 430 Posts

This is a nothing story, tbh.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By judaspete

@sirleothelion said:

@judaspete: Would you be so kind as to describe for me why you think he has no policies? What one thinks isn't policy could very well be policy they do not like.

He ran on talking points. For example, banning all Muslims from entering the country until we can "figure out what's going on". Once he became president, he had to figure out a way to make this talking point into an actual policy. That took a few tries, and by their own admission didn't ban Muslims very well.

Build a wall, Mexico would pay for it. Did anyone really believe this would happen? Some wall has been built, but the idea of Mexico paying for it quickly faded away.

Reopen shuttered coal mines and bring back coal jobs. How? He said on the campaign trail that he would cut regulation, but that was never going to save the industry. If he had done any research at all, he would have known that.

I will give you that he had more details with things like Healthcare, Immigration reform, and fixing the VA, but none of it went far below the surface.

If you want to see substantial policy proposals, check out Warren's website:

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrbojangles25

@Damedius said:
@comp_atkins said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

@zaryia said:

@mattbbpl said:

People keep quoting me like I'm a bernie sanders supporter. Just because I ever-so-slightly agree with the poorly-worded but truthsome opinion some Bernie Bro said doesn't mean I am a Bernie Bro myself

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25
@vfighter said:

@mrbojangles25: At this point I've pretty must lost all respect for you. What a pitiful sad poster you've become.

Didn't even realize I had it in the first place.

It's hard to be pitiful and sad in this climate, however; the bar is so incredibly low.

Also realize I often play Devil's Advocate; I don't always believe in what I argue.

@plageus900 said:

Sorry, but this dude is a nutjob. Praising Stalin's gulags is just in-fucking-sane.

Yeah he lost me there. He seemed a bit out there for most of the video but when you say "Gulag's weren't actually that bad..."(paraphrased) you just went too far.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia

@Damedius said:
@comp_atkins said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

@zaryia said:

@mattbbpl said:

I never said Bernie or his base.

The GOP voter base is less educated than the DNC one. As are red areas vs blue. Trump's GOP voter base was the lowest educated in 40 years.

P.S. Your link is a red-herring. It says lower than Elizabeth Warren's base. Not the GOP or Trump's base. We all know it's likely higher than that.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3942 Posts

If you guys think Bernies gulags sound sketch

Just wait untill you see the ones Trumps been building for all you liberals.

And you thought he was building a wall

tsk tsk tsk 😆

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3942 Posts

I imagine the Bernie Re-education camps would be exactly like this

Loading Video...

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Damedius

@zaryia said:

The GOP voter base is less educated than the DNC one. As are red areas vs blue. Trump's GOP voter base was the lowest educated in 40 years.

P.S. Your link is a red-herring. It says lower than Elizabeth Warren's base. Not the GOP or Trump's base. We all know it's likely higher than that.

Wait isn't the GOP the party of the rich? Aren't rich people generally more educated than poor people?

Wouldn't that mean that by default the DNC voting base is less educated?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@zaryia said:

Wait isn't the GOP the party of the rich? Aren't rich people generally more educated than poor people?

Don't you conservatives complain that college is liberal propaganda? You can't have it both ways.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@zaryia said:

Don't you conservatives complain that college is liberal propaganda? You can't have it both ways.

But you can?

SirLeoTheLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SirLeoTheLion

@judaspete: So you're saying that they're policies you don't like but they're policies nevertheless. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zaryia

@Damedius said:
@zaryia said:

No, Trump's voter base was less educated than Hillary's. One of the lowest educated in decades for Trump. That's a direct stat, not estimated from another stat on the fly. On top of this red states in general have less educated people.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

https://time.com/101697/blue-states-barack-obama-won-in-2012-are-more-educated-than-red-states/

https://wallethub.com/edu/e/most-educated-states/31075/#methodology

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:

But you can?

What is that supposed to mean? Are you making up conversations now?

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:

Isn't that what you just did?

Made up a conversation that never happened.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. Conservatives state colleges are liberal propaganda. You said Republicans were educated. Seems a contradiction. You make zero sense with your post.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. Conservatives state colleges are liberal propaganda. You said Republicans were educated. Seems a contradiction. You make zero sense with your post.

You said I can't have it both ways.

When did I state I was a conservative or that colleges are liberal propaganda?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:

You said I can't have it both ways.

When did I state I was a conservative or that colleges are liberal propaganda?

Was a general comment. And your posts lean right.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Damedius

@zaryia said:
@Damedius said:
@zaryia said:

No, Trump's voter base was less educated than Hillary's. One of the lowest educated in decades for Trump. That's a direct stat, not estimated from another stat on the fly. On top of this red states in general have less educated people.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

https://time.com/101697/blue-states-barack-obama-won-in-2012-are-more-educated-than-red-states/

Did you go through the methodology?

Seems convoluted and ideologically driven.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By judaspete

@sirleothelion: I say he ran on "talking points". I guess in the cable news/twitter era, this is enough for some people to call "policy".

Edit: For the record, most of the Democratic Primary candidates don't have any real substantive policy proposals either. It's also largely just talking points. Whatever your feelings about them, it's inarguable Warren and Sanders have the most details in their policy proposals.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14746 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I am?!

How can you educate those who are driven by emotions?

My father is an ardent Trump supporter. He's a scientist, an optical physicist, who spent his entire professional life abiding the objective, relying on it. He's incredibly well educated and exceptionally intelligent.

But to think you could even begin to "reeducate" him is laughable. It's not the problem. Trump is a cult, and people like my father adore him in spite of the facts. He once told me he considered him "trustworthy". Now, that is so far removed from objective fact that it's mind boggling such a person who has centered his life around facts, to the point his entire life depended on them professionally, could embrace such a falsehood. Yet here we are.

My father is a prime example of how Trump utterly destroys rationality and abiding objective merit. There's no reasoning with him, facts don't matter, and that's precisely because of emotion. He hates liberals with a passion, and that overrides anything else. How can you educate someone like that? He doesn't even NEED to be educated.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia

@Damedius said:

Bullshit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mrbojangles25

@MirkoS77 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Damedius said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

How can you educate those who are driven by emotions?

My father is an ardent Trump supporter. He's a scientist, an optical physicist, who spent his entire professional life abiding the objective, relying on it. He's incredibly well educated and exceptionally intelligent.

But to think you could even begin to "reeducate" him is laughable. It's not the problem. Trump is a cult, and people like my father adore him in spite of the facts. He once told me he considered him "trustworthy". Now, that is so far removed from objective fact that it's mind boggling such a person who has centered his life around facts, to the point his entire life depended on them professionally, could embrace such a falsehood. Yet here we are.

My father is a prime example of how Trump utterly destroys rationality and abiding objective merit. There's no reasoning with him, facts don't matter, and that's precisely because of emotion. He hates liberals with a passion, and that overrides anything else. How can you educate someone like that? He doesn't even NEED to be educated.

Same deal, except my best friend. College graduate, 4.0+ GPA, engineer...Trump voter.

My uncle is the same as well; college grad, ex-coast guard, president of a bank...Trump voter.

I think a lot of these people are intelligent and book smart, they just lack wisdom. I also think a lot of intellectuals feel like they can't really be themselves because there's not a lot of pro-conservative stuff in science and education fields.

SirLeoTheLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SirLeoTheLion

@judaspete: Oh then my apologies.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Damedius

@zaryia said:
@Damedius said:

Bullshit.

Well now we know you have no standards.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 judaspete

@sirleothelion said:

@judaspete: Oh then my apologies.

No worries. I didn't make my full opinion clear in the first posts. Still haven't really. It's hard to have nuanced political discussions in a forum. Write too much and you lose people, too little and your ideas aren't fully realized. \_(:/)_/