Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@drunk_pi: Like I said, if you need clarification on something, don't hesitate to ask and I will shed some light on it. As for posting gifs and tongue in cheek to the outrage posting, that's his schtick, as giving credence to those who scream Nazi doesn't do any favors.

So then address it? Have a bit of intellectual honesty and address these claims?

You've done all you can to ignore that you're acting in the same exact way, that you're committing the same acts and that you're justifying it the same exact way. You've done all you can to ignore that again, fourth time, we see the same actions every single time fascism happens. You cant run to Godwins law here, this is not a general accusation with nothing behind it and is not a claim simply because people disagree with you, these are very specific claims with all of history demonstrating that you are an active part of going down the same path as every fascist state. In fact lets avoid the whole Nazi claims? You're acting the same way as ORVA. How about that? You cant use Godwins law there and its still the same claims levied against you.... and you're still committing those acts, still justifying it the same way, still ignoring the problem.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Who let ANTIFA in here?

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By KOD

@Miyomatic said:

Who let ANTIFA in here?

World War 2 veterans. They held the door open and said "come on, we in America used to be against fascism".

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Miyomatic

@kod: Eh, I don’t think WWII vets combatted fascism with fascism.

Let the dumb neo-nazis spew their crap (all 2 of them), and I will exercise my right to ignore them.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KOD

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: Eh, I don’t think WWII vets combatted fascism with fascism.

Let the dumb neo-nazis spew their crap (all 2 of them), and I will exercise my right to ignore them.

No, they combated it through military raids with millions of armed troops, tanks, air strikes, and a couple nukes on one form of fascism. This is because fascism is a disease that needs to be shut down at all costs. Even if you want to be hyperbolic and suggest antifa is acting in a fascist way themselves (which i have never really seen much evidence for this), historically we've had to do the worst things ourselves in order to ensure fascism is shut down and does not spread. So, where do you want to go with this? Are you really going to suggest the people who tried to kill fascism were in the wrong for taking negative actions themselves? This is kind of one of those cases where you need you a wolf to guard the door from wolves, right? So antifa, at worst, disallowing fascist speakers on universities is possibly the last concern we face.

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts
Loading Video...

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Miyomatic

@kod: ANTIFA shutting down those who practice free speech (90% of which are not Nazis) with force are themselves fascist pigs.

Considering these groups label all or most conservatives “Nazis” and attempt to prevent free speech from happening, they’re more like true Nazis themselves as opposed to most of the people they label as such.

Seriously, I don’t know where all these Nazis hang out but my multiracial-ass don’t feel threatened at all. Let the marketplace of ideas do its thing and the cream will rise to the top.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KOD

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: ANTIFA shutting down those who practice free speech (90% of which are not Nazis) with force are themselves fascist pigs.

You mean the events held at private institutes?

Im a big fan of challenging bad ideas in academia, but these are still private institutes where the student and professor bodies can determine who is there. Until that changes, until these are no longer private institutes, its a reality we have to accept and its a reality based on private property laws and not fascism.

Im not sure where the "with force" thing comes into play. I mean... im sure in the over 2000 antifa events, demonstrations, etc. there has been something like this maybe once or twice, but this is America. We cant go shopping at Walmart on Black Friday without knocking out old women. Given enough events in a nation that praises and pushes violence at every turn, no matter what the topic is something is going to happen. I would also like to again point out that fascism only understands destruction and its the only way its stopped. We've never seen fascism peacefully surrender, its not its in nature.

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: Considering these groups label all or most conservatives “Nazis” and attempt to prevent free speech from happening, they’re more like true Nazis themselves as opposed to most of the people they label as such.

The only labeling ive seen are of those who propagate fascist ideas. Now, we can like this or not, but a lot of the stuff that this silly new (not really new though) mainstream conservatism is pushing for, are fascist ideas. We can say that the nazism labels are a bit hyperbolic or misguided, but with a bit of historical knowledge on what these ideas lead to and how they are more often than not implemented, its easy to determine that the label is nothing more than semantics and the last thing anyone should be concerned with (aside from paying attention to the label and then trying to examine where their ideas go wrong).

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: Seriously, I don’t know where all these Nazis hang out but my multiracial-ass don’t feel threatened at all. Let the marketplace of ideas do its thing and the cream will rise to the top.

I agree, im a part of academia myself and fully support debating bad ideas. The problem is, we're kind of past that and we are now facing fake conservative ideas that fascist in nature, a president who thinks his job is to be a dictator and an oligarchy for a government ..... this is not a good combination. You don't have to dive into too many history books to know whats most likely going to follow.

vennyshy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By vennyshy2
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

hi guys please i dont know my way around here.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Miyomatic

@kod: I appreciate the well thought out response, although I would argue that ANTIFA has certainly had many instances of violence. I’d also imagine you believe there are more Nazis in the states now than I believe there are. Here’s a recent example I found of ANTIFA’s tactics, which touches on methods you mentioned of stopping Nazi fascism before it grows.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-far-left-violence-20170829-story,amp.html

I would also argue that we’re not only facing fake conservative ideas, but fake liberal ones as well. The many hypocrisies of the DNC come to mind (the “taco bowl” vote, Wall Street speech money, Bernie getting shafted) and lead me to believe that it’s the evil and corruption on both sides that is leading to the downfall of this country.

One thing I cannot argue with you on is that Washington is a shitshow with a madman at the helm, and history does indeed tells us that it will probably get worse before it gets better.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KOD

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: I appreciate the well thought out response, although I would argue that ANTIFA has certainly had many instances of violence. I’d also imagine you believe there are more Nazis in the states now than I believe there are. Here’s a recent example I found of ANTIFA’s tactics, which touches on methods you mentioned of stopping Nazi fascism before it grows.

I don't know nor care how many "nazi's" are in the US right now because its not at all relevant to the problems we face. Label's are the least of our problems on this issue. What i do know, and all we really have to know, is that roughly 50% of the voting population, and about 30% of the American population, are supportive of fascist ideas and we have a man in office attempting to push them through.

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-far-left-violence-20170829-story,amp.html

Yah, i imagine there are plenty of incidents you can find. But again, you cant find a single instance where fascism was not met with opposing violence because thats what it breeds, its what it demands from the opposition and again, can you name a nation that removed fascism without war? I cant. Its never been solved peacefully or through legislation. Its like a malignant tumor, once it gets in there, it seems to spread and grow until it destroys the host.

@Miyomatic said:

@kod: I would also argue that we’re not only facing fake conservative ideas, but fake liberal ones as well. The many hypocrisies of the DNC come to mind (the “taco bowl” vote, Wall Street speech money, Bernie getting shafted) and lead me to believe that it’s the evil and corruption on both sides that is leading to the downfall of this country.

Yah of course. Both parties are fake and neo's. ANTIFA on the other hand, is not fake, its liberal. Its as liberal as it gets. We're talking going back to allied forces in Soviet Union during WW2 here. You couldnt find a bigger hatred toward fascism (or more impacting actions) than these groups.

And yes its the corruption of both parties that have lead us here. Clinton sold the democrats to republican donors and we've gone super far right wing ever since. What used to be relegated to low watt radio waves and knowingly racist pamphlets passed out in trailer parks, is now par for the course with republicans and the democrats being as bought as the republicans, went along with it. The crazy shit we used to hear only on Rush Limbaughs bullshit radio program in the early and mid 90s, is now every day rhetoric with the republicans. And now we are so far right wing, we're actually facing internal fascism. We are actually facing what we and the rest of the Western world, fought against in WW2.

Xabi1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 Xabi1998
Member since 2017 • 34 Posts

Trump should be OK with this. And I still dont get how cities can ignore federal law.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#63 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@xabi1998 said:

Trump should be OK with this. And I still dont get how cities can ignore federal law.

Plenty of states already do, look at all the marijuana legalization. It's a slippery slope.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Holy shit this thread. Someone sure went crazy

But hopefully DOJ will take it all the way to the supreme court and we can get a proper ruling on it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@xabi1998 said:

What are you talking about?