Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/john-mccain-obituary/index.html

Very sad day for politics. He was a good man and an American War hero, even if you disagreed on some issues with him. RIP

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

RIP John McCain, and condolences to his family. He did put up a heck of a fight against the brain cancer.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

RIP. Guy was a warrior, and one of the few in the GOP who wasn't a coward and stood up against the garbage that is Trump.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

RIP

Very much a sensible and compassionate human being. Shame he got more respect from those on the opposing party then what his current party has turned into.

American hero

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

RIP

John McCain

He was much braver than trump

Trevorcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trevorcon
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

Oh shnap, seriously? Crazy that I found this out on the forums before heading about it on TV. Was this breaking news and just happened? Would expect this to be all over the net by now.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I say we treat his death with the same amount tact that he treated others' deaths. How much was that, you ask? Well:

Loading Video...

Yeah, **** that old bastard.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

RIP warmonger

I can hear it now, the entire middle east with their thunderous claps and shedding tears of hope.

I won't let the MSM's lying by omission fool me.

S

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

RIP. We knew that it was coming after they announced that he was stopping treatment, but it is still going to be hard on his family

I know that this forum leans a little left, but one would hope that people can give their condolences without resorting to political attacks.

If they can avoid being political, I would hope at least some of the people here could.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Wow some classless libs in here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

Despite I didn't agree with his party's platform in the 08 election, but I did respect the man. He carried himself in a respectable manner. May he R.I.P and my condolences go out to his family & friends.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

RIP John McCain, a true civil servant for decades.

@blackhairedhero said:

Ignore them. Not even worth acknowledging.

@ad1x2 said:

RIP. We knew that it was coming after they announced that he was stopping treatment, but it is still going to be hard on his family

I know that this forum leans a little left, but one would hope that people can give their condolences without resorting to political attacks.

If they can avoid being political, I would hope at least some of the people here could.

Word

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I didn't think it would be this soon. I wish his family well, it's really tough to lose a loved one no matter how long they were with you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Gaming-Planet isn't a lib.

Oh and look at the most "liked" comments on the Breitbart article on this (right-wingers)

"I doubt if he's at peace. He spent his life in both covert and overt evil. When he was diagnosed with the cancer, he doubled down on harming others. While it's possible he got Saved at the end, and I hope he did, it's very likely that he's in what the Bible calls Gehenna or Torments right now."

"Conservative? Hero? I’ll be respectful, but don’t insult us Breitbart. We all are aware of his legacy. MAGA TRUMP !!!"

These, and many likes these, have 100's of likes.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/25/john-mccain-1936-2018-conservative-frenemy-american-hero/

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh and look at the most "liked" comments on the Breitbart article on this (right-wingers)

"I doubt if he's at peace. He spent his life in both covert and overt evil. When he was diagnosed with the cancer, he doubled down on harming others. While it's possible he got Saved at the end, and I hope he did, it's very likely that he's in what the Bible calls Gehenna or Torments right now."

"Conservative? Hero? I’ll be respectful, but don’t insult us Breitbart. We all are aware of his legacy. MAGA TRUMP !!!"

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/25/john-mccain-1936-2018-conservative-frenemy-american-hero/

Implying that I even associate with these people.

Libertarians and progressives don't like John McCain one bit. The Trump fans are just playing partisan politics as usual.

Necons and neoliberals love this guy.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1844 Posts

RIP John McCain.

We Russians really hated John McCain, but we also respected him as an adversary.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

RIP Mccain , despite the political difference

And in before the lock, see the thread is already turning into a popcorn thread.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

Let's hope trump doesnt tweet something stupid about his death calling him not a hero or coward.

At least he left his legacy has a war hero and voting no for overturning the ahca

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ad1x2
@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Brietbart is a far right website only slightly less crazy than Infowars, so it's not surprising that they would be acting like that after McCain went against Trump. That doesn't mean they represent everyone that is on the right.

I'm sure that you wouldn't argue that Huffpost or Salon represent everyone on the left. Huffpost even published an article calling for Trump's execution following his removal from office and they only removed the article after Steve Scalise got shot.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

The guy was a warmonger that indirectly caused the deaths of countless people. The world will be a better place without him

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@micky4889 said:

The guy was a warmonger that indirectly caused the deaths of countless people. The world will be a better place without him

He's also a war hero that directly saved lives. Save the indignation for when Cheney bites the dust.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Rest in Peace McCain.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

RIP. He did serve his country and for that he should be commended whether I agreed with his politics or not.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

According to the official story, the Vietnamese offered to release him when he was their prisoner and he refused to be released before his peers. That is commendable.

When the Republican Party was transitioning from being a mildly racist party to a really fucking racist party, McCain offered a lot of resistance. In fact, there's a big chance that there wasn't an inch of racism in him. For a Republican politician, that's beyond praiseworthy.

That said, unlike other (I'd say most) war veterans, McCain had no problem with war and seemed to be pretty happy to send other people's children to kill and be killed. In fact, the idea of going to war seemed to arouse him. People who do everything they can to prevent wars are the real heroes; warmongers are not heroes.

I'm not saying this to pass judgment on a dead person, because that's always in bad taste. What I'm saying is that there has to be something wrong with the American society, considering how it always seems to celebrate bellicism while treating pacifists as demented bastards, or even worse, a threat.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: theone86 is.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

RIP. I remember how he defended Obama, his oponent in the 2008 election against this crazy woman who thought Obama was really an Arab. I gained alot of respect for him then.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

Gaming Planet is not a lib. Notice whenever someone dies, it's republicans that praise it. Odd because would Jesus approve that? To make fun of someone dying?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

RIP. I remember how he defended Obama, his oponent in the 2008 election against this crazy woman who thought Obama was really an Arab. I gained alot of respect for him then.

That, plus his service as a soldier, and what he endured as a POW. McCain was captured 1967 which and put into solitary confinement for two years. The North Vietnamese offered to release him early as a sign they were merciful, but McCain refused unless every one of his fellow prisoners were released as well (the official stance in wartime is that prisoners are released in the order they were captured). I won't go into details, but let's just say he endured torture after that, and until 1973 (his release) the beatings continued.

I disagree wholeheartedly with most if not all of his politics, but as a human being he deserves some respect, if not a whole lot of it. I'd like to think that in death we can forget our disagreements and just say something good, or nothing at all.

@LordQuorthon said:

According to the official story, the Vietnamese offered to release him when he was their prisoner and he refused to be released before his peers. That is commendable.

When the Republican Party was transitioning from being a mildly racist party to a really fucking racist party, McCain offered a lot of resistance. In fact, there's a big chance that there wasn't an inch of racism in him. For a Republican politician, that's beyond praiseworthy.

That said, unlike other (I'd say most) war veterans, McCain had no problem with war and seemed to be pretty happy to send other people's children to kill and be killed. In fact, the idea of going to war seemed to arouse him. People who do everything they can to prevent wars are the real heroes; warmongers are not heroes.

I'm not saying this to pass judgment on a dead person, because that's always in bad taste. What I'm saying is that there has to be something wrong with the American society, considering how it always seems to celebrate bellicism while treating pacifists as demented bastards, or even worse, a threat.

I don't think you come back from an experience like McCain went through unchanged. He was definitely a hawk, not a peacemaker, but I imagine when you go through quite literally the absolute worst that war has to offer, it doesn't seem all that bad.

We all do that, to some extent; at my job, things are sooooo much better than they were seven years ago--safety, working conditions, hours, and work load--that I have little sympathy for newer people when things get "tough". It's not a trait I like in myself, but when they complain my initial response is "it's not so bad, back in my day...". I imagine to someone like McCain, sending people to some desert to fight and die isn't so bad.

Wow when I say "out loud" that it actually sounds pretty terrible...

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@micky4889 said:

He's also a war hero that directly saved lives. Save the indignation for when Cheney bites the dust.

Cheney will transform into a lich before he genuinely dies...

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@needhealing: Theone86 is. And ooh please, liberals on average are far more Vile.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@ad1x2: "That doesn't mean they represent everyone that is on the right."

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was precisely the point he was trying to make.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@Mercenary848 said:

RIP

Very much a sensible and compassionate human being. Shame he got more respect from those on the opposing party then what his current party has turned into.

American hero

Yep! Indeed.

@zaryia said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Fox News had a similar incident. It was so bad that they blocked comments.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Finnaly, he was a warmongering piece of shit.

Rest in hell McCain

#MAGA 2020

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mercenary848

@jeezers said:

Finnaly, he was a warmongering piece of shit.

Rest in hell McCain

#MAGA 2020

Another sad trump supporter. And you got so butthurt when I called you a right wing loon, and look at you in this thread showing how much of a trashcan human you are.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mercenary848

@blackhairedhero said:

Your friend and brother in right wing rants jeezers is worse

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theone86
@ad1x2 said:

Demanding respect for someone who showed no respect for human life is just the kind of hypocrisy I'd expect from a righty. He led a life full of political attacks, decisions, and statements that showed a lack of respect for human life and led to a tremendous loss of life, and now you want everything we say about him to be apolitical? Sorry, snowflake, it doesn't work that way. His family can do what they want in private, out here in the general public we're going to deal with him as we knew him, which is as someone who showed a callous disregard for civilian deaths.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blackhairedhero

@Mercenary848: Don't know who that is but generally libs are far worse. I wasn't a McCain fan but I will respect him as a human.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mercenary848

@blackhairedhero said:

@Mercenary848: Don't know who that is but generally libs are far worse. I wasn't a McCain fan but I will respect him as a human.

You are a broken record. Every post you make is a faulty shot at libs, a whataboutism, or assumptions about others.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

I'm sorry but from everything I've seen conservatives have been absolutely disguising on this guy over the last 24 hours.

The absolute biggest conservative websites are having a field day in the comments, many had to close comments down.

It's NASTY.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theone86
@blackhairedhero said:

@needhealing: Theone86 is. And ooh please, liberals on average are far more Vile.

Go ahead and offer an actual retort to anything I said. I said that I was going to treat McCain's death with the same amount of respect that he treated other people's deaths. Do you have a problem with that? Is there something you find objectionable about the golden rule? No? Then moving on. I then showed a clip of him jubilantly calling for civilian deaths through song. That is in bad taste, no? I was simply quoting his past statements and not twisting them out of context, no? What's worse, to remember someone as they were in life, as they actually acted, and have a problem with that, or to ignore all of the callous, mean-spirited, and dangerous things they said just so that you can pretend to remember them fondly? That's exactly the problem with righties, you all want to do and say horrible, insensitive things, but then you want everyone to fawn over you and act like you're not treating other people horribly. Wake up, snowflake, the world is not your safe space.

RichardBachman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RichardBachman
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Um.... I'm not sure that post had the effect you intended it to.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ad1x2
@theone86 said:
@ad1x2 said:

Demanding respect for someone who showed no respect for human life is just the kind of hypocrisy I'd expect from a righty. He led a life full of political attacks, decisions, and statements that showed a lack of respect for human life and led to a tremendous loss of life, and now you want everything we say about him to be apolitical? Sorry, snowflake, it doesn't work that way. His family can do what they want in private, out here in the general public we're going to deal with him as we knew him, which is as someone who showed a callous disregard for civilian deaths.

For someone so quick to call everyone on the right evil Nazis while praising the efforts of the left, you have a lot of hate in your heart for people that have a different political opinion than you. Considering that Senator McCain was the deciding factor in stopping the ACA from being repealed, I thought you would at least give him credit for that.

Since President Obama praised him and gave his condolences, are you saying that Obama doesn't know what he is talking about and that he should have called him a warhawk? Or are you saying that Obama is a liar that only praised him to avoid being politically bashed, something you aren't worried about since you are not a politician?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Mercenary848: faulty shot? You mean a stone cold fact?

Look at the fool above me.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackhairedhero

@theone86: I don't recall him calling for the death of civilians. He was referring to the successful operation in Baghdad.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mercenary848

@blackhairedhero said:

@Mercenary848: faulty shot? You mean a stone cold fact?

no, you are a well known idiot on these boards

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blackhairedhero

@Mercenary848: Coming from you? You're a leftwing snowflake who spends half his time blaming shit on whitey.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

RIP to McCain and to this thread. Holy hell, people are tasteless.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

That's too bad. I didn't see eye to with him on many things, but I saw him more as an adversary than an enemy.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 theone86
@ad1x2 said:
@theone86 said:
@ad1x2 said:

For someone so quick to call everyone on the right evil Nazis while praising the efforts of the left, you have a lot of hate in your heart for people that have a different political opinion than you. Considering that Senator McCain was the deciding factor in stopping the ACA from being repealed, I thought you would at least give him credit for that.

Since President Obama praised him and gave his condolences, are you saying that Obama doesn't know what he is talking about and that he should have called him a warhawk? Or are you saying that Obama is a liar that only praised him to avoid being politically bashed, something you aren't worried about since you are not a politician?

It's not about having a different political position then me, and you saying that it is is a blatantly dishonest attempt to detract from the substance of my argument. I never said word one about his political positions, I said that he showed a blatant disregard for human life, took apparent joy in civilian deaths, and that I feel no compunction to extend courtesies to him that he refused to extend to others. Like I said about Barbara Bush and about Antonin Scalia, if simply quoting dead people is a sign of disrespect then maybe we shouldn't be treating them with such a level of respect to begin with. If McCain hadn't taken glee in human suffering or had apologized for it I wouldn't be here saying these things about him, but he did and he didn't, so here we are.

@blackhairedhero said:

@theone86: I don't recall him calling for the death of civilians. He was referring to the successful operation in Baghdad.

No he wasn't. He was asked about what he thought the best course of action was in regards to Iran (where Baghdad is not, in fact, located) and he started singing about bombing them. Any time you bomb a country, you pretty much ensure civilian deaths.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ad1x2
@theone86 said:
@ad1x2 said:
@theone86 said:
@ad1x2 said:

It's not about having a different political position then me, and you saying that it is is a blatantly dishonest attempt to detract from the substance of my argument. I never said word one about his political positions, I said that he showed a blatant disregard for human life, took apparent joy in civilian deaths, and that I feel no compunction to extend courtesies to him that he refused to extend to others. Like I said about Barbara Bush and about Antonin Scalia, if simply quoting dead people is a sign of disrespect then maybe we shouldn't be treating them with such a level of respect to begin with. If McCain hadn't taken glee in human suffering or had apologized for it I wouldn't be here saying these things about him, but he did and he didn't, so here we are.

@blackhairedhero said:

No he wasn't. He was asked about what he thought the best course of action was in regards to Iran (where Baghdad is not, in fact, located) and he started singing about bombing them. Any time you bomb a country, you pretty much ensure civilian deaths.

Most people, when they have nothing nice to say when someone is deceased, simply choose not to comment. There are some American politicians out there I do not agree with but I would still give them a little respect and if I couldn't bring myself to respect them because of their previous actions I would simply not comment. On the other hand, you not only chose to comment, but you went out of your way to piss on his grave because he said some things you don't agree with.

Also, it is a fact of war that civilians are going to die. We haven't made bombs smart enough to only kill people wearing a uniform. McCain saying bomb Iran doesn't mean he wants to murder a bunch of innocent Iranian civilians, and when we went into Iraq we tried to avoid harming the locals (some troops did, and many of the ones that were caught harming them intentionally or due to negligence were court-martialed).

At the same time, I have to wonder why you are so quick to defend Iran, where they literally execute people that are LGBTQ, while criticizing people on the right in America that are opposed to regimes such as Iran and the possibility of them getting nuclear weapons.

Then again, in that other thread about news sources you literally state that it's okay for white farmers in South Africa to be murdered because of the actions of other whites that are no longer in control, and accuse people questioning their murder of white supremacy. It sounds like you have a serious white guilt issue you need to work out if you are condoning murdering people for the color of their skin. You can show that you are not a racist without literally advocating for the genocide of your own race.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#50 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

This thread has gone about as well as could be expected I suppose.