lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Like the title says, first public hearing of the January 6th Commission's findings start tomorrow, with other public hearings taking place next week. This first hearing will air prime time in evening (8pm EDT, 5pm PDT).

Also, FoxNews won't be airing coverage of the hearings (not surprising) , so don't expect to be able to watch it there. I'll update with a live source tomorrow when I find one for anyone interested.

This will be when the January 6th Commission will make public everything they've uncovered during their investigation, so I imagine this should be of great public interest.

Here's a couple sources to stream it live:

And if you wanna watch the GOPs earlier press briefing to damage control what's to come:

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

but clinton emails

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 7987 Posts

DNC State of Play

Will tune out

I expect a weak showing

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3723 Posts

Can't wait to see all the traitors squirm!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Like the title says, first public hearing of the January 6th Commission's findings start tomorrow, with other public hearings taking place next week. This first hearing will air prime time in evening (8pm EDT, 5pm PDT).

Also, FoxNews won't be airing coverage of the hearings (not surprising) , so don't expect to be able to watch it there. I'll update with a live source tomorrow when I find one for anyone interested.

This will be when the January 6th Commission will make public everything they've uncovered during their investigation, so I imagine this should be of great public interest.

Not that it matters, you're not going to watch it anyway. Someone will be along here to post the highlights of the parts most politically advantageous for the narrative though.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

i'll tune in a bit out of curiosity. i doubt anything earthshattering will come of it. you know how these things are, it's mostly political grandstanding.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Can't wait to see all the traitors squirm!

The traitors are the ones holding the hearings.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sargentd said:

Will tune out

Good, we won't have to hear you lie about it like you do on most things.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD  Online

@zaryia: you can fill me in on all the juicy Insurrection details.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

@zaryia: you can fill me in on all the juicy Insurrection details.

Here's some new stuff,

Proud Boys leader and 4 top members are charged with seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 : NPR

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD  Online

@zaryia: proud boys? That sounds scary

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

@zaryia: proud boys? That sounds scary

Yes their lunacy can indeed be scary at times.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Big Lie supporters, even current Trump supporters, will claim its a farce. The DOJ needs to actually charge people. Either way, the committee is needed if only to serve a purpose of making these traitors front and center stage.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD  Online

@HoolaHoopMan: it is a farce. Dems keep trying to hype up January 6th riot. They got nothing else to push going into the midterms. *Shrug*

January 6th wasn't shit. The Summer of Love was way worse

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

I'd love for the hearings to make a difference, but I have 0 confidence they will.

They brought checks and confirmed documents and damning testimony that the sitting president paid a prostitute hush money, and it wasn't even a blip.

Now Fox won't even cover the hearings, instead running the same conspiracy peddling coke bloaters they always run during primetime.

Unless they announce at a hearing that they're giving stuff to the DOJ for direct arrest referrals, I don't see it changing much of anything.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tjandmia

@JimB: Gee, that's funny. Trump maga insurrectionists are the ones actually getting arrested. Go figure!

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@JimB: Gee, that's funny. Trump maga insurrectionists are the ones actually getting arrested. Go figure!

Go figure. There are many questions that remain unanswered yet the Jan 6 committee will not touch them, and they are more important than the political witch hunt going on right now. Such as the FBI role in all of this, Nancy Pelosi's role as she is in charge of the capitol police. Who gave the Capitol police the authorization to open the doors and wave the people in to the capitol. What was the justification for shooting an unarmed woman. I posted a year ago the this should be investigated by an independent commission not congress. The way it stands it is a one sided investigation that is not instreted in the really important questions.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoolaHoopMan

@sargentd said:

@HoolaHoopMan: it is a farce. Dems keep trying to hype up January 6th riot. They got nothing else to push going into the midterms. *Shrug*

January 6th wasn't shit. The Summer of Love was way worse

It's only a farce to the dimwits who couldn't give two sh*ts about the peaceful transfer of power. Too bad we probably won't have the balls to put Trump and every dipsh*t that helped try and decertify our election on trial.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HoolaHoopMan
@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

Go figure. There are many questions that remain unanswered yet the Jan 6 committee will not touch them, and they are more important than the political witch hunt going on right now. Such as the FBI role in all of this, Nancy Pelosi's role as she is in charge of the capitol police. Who gave the Capitol police the authorization to open the doors and wave the people in to the capitol. What was the justification for shooting an unarmed woman. I posted a year ago the this should be investigated by an independent commission not congress. The way it stands it is a one sided investigation that is not instreted in the really important questions.

Of course it was Pelosi who was responsible for gathering a crowd and covertly allowing them to enter the building where her party was set to certify an election win for them. Makes perfect sense to disrupt that process by way of some intricate conspiracy to make the GOP look like undemocratic goons.

Jesus, JimB. You've said some dumb sh*t but lay off the glue.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SargentD  Online

@JimB: January 6th committee is a partisan committee. Nancy P wouldn't allow Republicans to be on it except ones she approved of. Which is why Liz Cheney is on the Board and not Jim Jordan. Shit is a joke. Democrats can kick rocks. They don't want the truth, they want to fear monger like they always do for political gain and to use this riot go after political opposition. This is about political revenge. It's not justice. We have gone full banana republic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@sargentd said:

@JimB: January 6th committee is a partisan committee. Nancy P wouldn't allow Republicans to be on it except ones she approved of. Which is why Liz Cheney is on the Board and not Jim Jordan. Shit is a joke. Democrats can kick rocks. They don't want the truth, they want to fear monger like they always do for political gain and to use this riot go after political opposition. This is about political revenge. It's not justice. We have gone full banana republic.

Jim Jordan was subpoenaed by the committee. Hardly a good idea for him to be on it. Seriously dude that would be going full banana republic.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
@sargentd said:

They don't want the truth.

By all means, explain to us the 'truth' of January 6th, regarding both the riot that stormed the capital and how Trump co. tried to decertify the win.

Will you outwardly state that Joe Biden won the election free of any fraud, as many on the right have bought into?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4346 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: cant wait to hear what the user says.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tjandmia

Watching the so called party of law and order beat the crap out of police sure is confusing...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lamprey263

First hour in and they're in a break. One of strongest reiterated points was Donald Trump knew, despite pushing it the idea, that there was no election fraud. His campaign staff knew they were going to lose days before the election. Despite several dozen lawsuits to challenge elections in the states they could not substantiate a legitimate claim of election fraud. Bill Barr on numerous occasions told Trump his election fraud claims were (in his words) "bullshit", and it was Trump's pushing of these lies and refusal to leave power and scheming to stay in power that prompted him to leave the DOJ. Trump knew his lie was a lie but he pushed it anyways, and his party and his base knew it was BS, but here we are, they've adopted it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 br0kenrabbit
@lamprey263 said:

Trump knew his lie was a lie but he pushed it anyways, and his party and his base knew it was BS, but here we are, they've adopted it.

How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lamprey263

@br0kenrabbit: "How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?"

But we don't live in a totalitarian state, there's no extreme compulsion for them to have to play into this fictionalized reality. Maybe their desire to live in a totalitarian state drives this kind of behavior?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@lamprey263 said:

@br0kenrabbit: "How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?"

But we don't live in a totalitarian state, there's no extreme compulsion for them to have to play into this fictionalized reality. Maybe their desire to live in a totalitarian state drives this kind of behavior?

The compulsion for them is that the white christian male hierarchy is coming to an end. 'Other people' are becoming common enough to assume political power of consequence.

They just can't have that.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eoten

ROFLMAO, this "committee" has already been called out for editing the footage of the "testimony" they played for everyone. If no major arrests have been made, only a few charges actually filed, and you're editing testimony before broadcasting it to the world, we have a word for that, it's "propaganda."

Double ROFLMAO, they even got caught using teleprompters. It's scripted. And you people ate this shit up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:

ROFLMAO, this "committee" has already been called out for editing the footage of the "testimony" they played for everyone. If no major arrests have been made, only a few charges actually filed, and you're editing testimony before broadcasting it to the world, we have a word for that, it's "propaganda."

Double ROFLMAO, they even got caught using teleprompters. It's scripted. And you people ate this shit up.

Who is even doing that? And frankly using teleprompters is the same as using notes. No one wings a speech. Double ROFLMAO on thinking that.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Who is even doing that? And frankly using teleprompters is the same as using notes. No one wings a speech. Double ROFLMAO on thinking that.

It's scripted bullshit that voters are seeing right through. I mean, give me a fucking break. No serious charges, accusations Trump did all these things, no arrest? Getting caught editing a recording of someone's testimony, then airing that rather than the full version? Waiting till prime time so the media could air it on prime time television? Months before the mid-terms? All in a one-sided hearing where, by rules the house minority leader is supposed to be able to choose 5 members to be on the committee which were denied in order to keep it partisan? And you actually take it at face value?

Loading Video...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjandmia

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

It's scripted bullshit that voters are seeing right through. I mean, give me a fucking break. No serious charges, accusations Trump did all these things, no arrest? Getting caught editing a recording of someone's testimony, then airing that rather than the full version? Waiting till prime time so the media could air it on prime time television? Months before the mid-terms? All in a one-sided hearing where, by rules the house minority leader is supposed to be able to choose 5 members to be on the committee which were denied in order to keep it partisan? And you actually take it at face value?

Loading Video...

No serious charges? lol We've already seen a few sedition pleas of guilty.

Your attempts to marginalize what happened is not going to work. They American people are going to see everything.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HoolaHoopMan

@eoten said:

Well sh*t, that's it folks. They're using teleprompters so that proves everyone involved on 1/6 is innocent, nothing out of the ordinary happened, we can all go home.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eoten

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@eoten said:

Well sh*t, that's it folks. They're using teleprompters so that proves everyone involved on 1/6 is innocent, nothing out of the ordinary happened, we can all go home.

Yeah man, sure. And it was worse than Pearl Harbor.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

@eoten said:

You'll have to forgive me if I don't see the issue. Not all of us like it when our leaders start incoherent sudafed ranting for an hour.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia
@tjandmia said:
@eoten said:

No serious charges? lol We've already seen a few sedition pleas of guilty.

Eoten lies A LOT. But would you expect someone who thinks the vaccine is fake, climate change is fake, souther strategy was fake, and the 2020 election was fake to not lie about the several serious charges have come from Jan 6th?

@Vaasman said:
@eoten said:

You'll have to forgive me if I don't see the issue. Not all of us like it when our leaders start incoherent sudafed ranting for an hour.

His only complaint is a teleprompter and that it's scripted? Lmao, is this kid completely new to politics? Almost all the stuff you hear in hearings are pre-written questions/statements from congress people.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

@JimB: January 6th committee is a partisan committee.

It's objectively a bipartisan committee. It's amazing how wrong you always are.

@sargentd said:

This is about political revenge. It's not justice. We have gone full banana republic.

Are you sure you're not talking about the far right Jan 6th riot to stop the election certification or prior attempts to over-turn the election? Because that was the actual banana republic.

Do you support actions to overturn the 2020 election? Seems like you do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not scripted. They laid out some of the evidence they found. No professional rambles. Anyone giving a speech has notes in front of them. They showed some testimony of administration officials and you still pretend there is nothing. If you're not trolling then it opens up serious questions.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not scripted. They laid out some of the evidence they found. No professional rambles. Anyone giving a speech has notes in front of them. They showed some testimony of administration officials and you still pretend there is nothing. If you're not trolling then it opens up serious questions.

It's scripted. That is why senate committee rules requiring 5 members selected by Kevin McCarthy isn't being followed. This is theatre, this is why Trump isn't, nor will ever be charged over it, and they're airing it on prime time months before an election. And no, this is not helping them in the election. This is going to harm them even more going forward.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's scripted.

Politicians don't make up random emotional speeches or make up off the cuff remarks on evidence, it's primarily written before hand. Same goes for many court cases. You seem new to politics to have it as your main "criticism".

More importantly, do you think the evidence is false? Provide counter evidence or proof it is false (with citation).

@eoten said:

That is why senate committee rules requiring 5 members selected by Kevin McCarthy isn't being followed.

He selected a clown brigade. This is after he declined a 100% bipartisan commission btw,

McCarthy Opposes Commission To Probe Jan. 6 Insurrection : NPR

He shut down the uber bipartisan commission so he can cry about Pelosi not selecting his clowns when she was forced to make a committee. But she still selected Republicans to make sure it was objectively a bipartisan committee. McCarthy's bullshit was the only theater.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia

Trump Capitol riot hearing: Jan. 6 investigators release new findings (cnbc.com)

Thursday’s hearing, which started at 8 p.m. ET, lasted just under two hours. The nine-member committee showed new video from the day of the attack, and heard testimony from a Capitol Police officer, Caroline Edwards, who suffered a traumatic brain injury from the violence.

She said the Capitol complex was a “war zone” that day. Other officers were covered in blood and throwing up, Edwards said, adding that she was slipping in other people’s blood.

“It was carnage. It was chaos,” she said. “It was just hours of hand-to-hand combat, hours of dealing with things that were way beyond any law enforcement officer has ever trained for.”

Damn who would ever defend this?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's scripted. That is why senate committee rules requiring 5 members selected by Kevin McCarthy isn't being followed. This is theatre, this is why Trump isn't, nor will ever be charged over it, and they're airing it on prime time months before an election. And no, this is not helping them in the election. This is going to harm them even more going forward.

Noted that you don't know the difference between scripted and writing up points to discuss in a professional meeting. Must work fast food.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eoten

@zaryia said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's scripted.

Politicians don't make up random emotional speeches or make up off the cuff remarks on evidence, it's primarily written before hand. Same goes for many court cases. You seem new to politics to have it as your main "criticism".

More importantly, do you think the evidence is false? Provide counter evidence or proof it is false (with citation).

@eoten said:

That is why senate committee rules requiring 5 members selected by Kevin McCarthy isn't being followed.

He selected a clown brigade. This is after he declined a 100% bipartisan commission btw,

McCarthy Opposes Commission To Probe Jan. 6 Insurrection : NPR

He shut down the uber bipartisan commission so he can cry about Pelosi not selecting his clowns when she was forced to make a committee. But she still selected Republicans to make sure it was objectively a bipartisan committee. McCarthy's bullshit was the only theater.

There never was a "bipartisan" commission. Pelosi and crew denied having anyone on the committee who wasn't on board with the narrative. Hell even the DOJ refused to prosecute people for telling the committee to **** off, and refused to cooperate with it. Mark Meadows, Dan Scavino? Not even the DOJ wants to get involved with this disaster.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SargentD  Online

@eoten: lol at Zaryia calling it bipartisan.

What Nancy Pelosi did in her selection for this committee was unprecident. The minority party was pretty much excluded from having any say of who could be on the committee. Nancy gets to use Liz Cheney as her useful dog on a leash and say "see guys!!! A republican" It's a clown show. Your right though, them hyper focusing on this January 6th shit while ignoring inflation and pretending the economy is great is going to bite them in the ass. They are so disconnected from reality.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:

There never was a "bipartisan" commission.

Yeah, because McCarthy....

McCarthy had rejected a proposal for a bipartisan commission that would have given equal membership and subpoena power to Democrats and Republicans.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then after he scuttled a 100% bipartisan commission he even sabotaged the committee,

Facts : McCarthy's claim is misleading. Pelosi did reject two of McCarthy's five proposed committee members, Reps. Jim Jordan and Jim Banks, on account of concerns about their "statements made and actions taken" -- but she accepted the other three McCarthy picks, and shealso gave McCarthy a chanceto suggest another two members to replace Jordan and Banks. Instead, McCarthy decided to withdrawthe three members Pelosi had accepted. Even after he did so, the minority party still had representation on the committee: Reps. Liz Cheney, who had already been selected by Pelosibefore McCarthy pulled out his own selections, and Adam Kinzinger, whom Pelosis elected later. Both Cheney and Kinzinger are outspoken Trump critics who have been at odds with many of their GOP colleagues, but they are elected Republicans nonetheless.

All theater.

God, it's like you are void of facts in every single thread. It's actually amazing.

@sargentd said:

It objectively is. It's a Bipartisan Committee. Literally. That's what is being called, it has Democrats and Republicans.

Be upset at McCarthy that an even more bipartisan Commission and Committee never went through. He's the reason. Read the above statements.

@sargentd said:

Your right though, them hyper focusing on this January 6th shit while ignoring inflation and pretending the economy is great is going to bite them in the ass.

That's literally the committee's job. The 9/11 commission wasn't supposed to look at Bush's recession. Why would they look at a completely different topic.....

Man it's like you two far right posters literally just got into politics due to Trump memes.

Do you two think the evidence presented is false? Provide counter evidence or proof it is false (with citation) if so.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eoten

@sargentd said:

What Nancy Pelosi did in her selection for this committee was unprecident. The minority party was pretty much excluded from having any say of who could be on the committee. Nancy gets to use Liz Cheney as her useful dog on a leash and say "see guys!!! A republican" It's a clown show. Your right though, them hyper focusing on this January 6th shit while ignoring inflation and pretending the economy is great is going to bite them in the ass. They are so disconnected from reality.

Remember when those people were saying you couldn't call something bipartisan just because Manchin sided with Republicans?

And yeah, people are watching this, and it's not helping democrats. It's making them look like out-of-touch dipshits in the face of real issues people are more concerned with.

I can still see dislikes on Youtube. I seen one from CBS recently that had 14x more, over 7,000 dislikes. The DOJ doesn't even want to get involved. Some of the people here were trying to make a big deal out of Meadows and the other guy refusing to talk to the committee, the DOJ looked at their refusal and said they're not touching this.

This is at the very least entertaining to see this shit show go up in flames in such a comical fashion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@sargentd said:

@eoten:

And yeah, people are watching this, and it's not helping democrats. It's making them look like out-of-touch dipshits in the face of real issues people are more concerned with.

I can still see dislikes on Youtube.

Youtube dislikes, what a great scientific analysis of public opinion.

Meanwhile,

A look at how Americans have viewed the Jan. 6 Capitol attack — CBS News poll analysis - CBS News

Keep staying wrong I guess?

@eoten said:

This is at the very least entertaining to see this shit show go up in flames in such a comical fashion.

Speaking of going up in flames in a comical fashion, do you still think 2020 was stolen? Do you agree with the facts presented by this committee so far? Do you agree with the criminal charges over the last 2 years?

And again, your cult is the reason it's not as bipartisan as you wanted it. Cry to McCarthy about that.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#49  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It was a strong showing by the committee. They did a good job of reiterating previously known information while moving into new relevant items. The new footage was particularly disturbing. I knew Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were there, but didn't know where and how they moved in. Had Capitol Police not held out, Pence would have been hung and multiple members of Congress would have been dead while Donald watched with glee.

I'm excited to see what else the committee has. Which is weird because the more information I hear, the more frustrating it is. The Republican party, even after Donald's insurrection, couldn't be bothered to find him guilty at impeachment back in 2021. It's outrageous. I've seen people be stripped of their clearance and let go for reasons that are chump change in comparison. Yet Donald was just allowed to get away with whatever.

Also, in a not-so-shocking turn of events, Fox News refused to air the public hearing. Instead, viewers were treated to a healthy dose of Tucker Carlson's alternate reality. Because they're all about those facts. Fair and balanced. The best ever. Believe me.