Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

And nobody seems to care in the slightest. The latest atrocity:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-security-insurgency/islamist-insurgents-kill-at-least-20-civilians-in-northeast-nigerian-village-sources-idUSKCN1TR1UE

They are causing people to flee to refugee centers, then overrunning the military and slaughtering the refugees. Children are being used as suicide bombers (almost 50 this year).

And yet complete silence from the media. Why? I thought Nigeria was the biggest player in Africa. Does Africa matter that little? Or is there something else going on here?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/militants-kill-at-least-25-nigerian-soldiers-during-ambush/ar-AABW9ux

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2019-06-26/islamist-insurgents-kill-at-least-20-civilians-in-northeast-nigerian-village-security-agent-source

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/06/26/world/africa/26reuters-nigeria-security-insurgency.html

https://news.yahoo.com/islamist-insurgents-kill-least-25-nigerian-soldiers-civilians-174753801.html

@Lebowski1 said:

And yet complete silence from the media.

English, do you speak it?

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lebowski1

@br0kenrabbit: It is hardly prominent coverage, it's never front page stuff. The only coverage I saw on the BBC was in passing reference in an article on the elections there.

Also, just love the snarky tone you people constantly adopt. You know as well as i do this is not prominent coverage in line with the seriousness of the events.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 br0kenrabbit

@Lebowski1 said:

@br0kenrabbit: It is hardly prominent coverage, it's never front page stuff. The only coverage I saw on the BBC was in passing reference in an article on the elections there.

Also, just love the snarky tone you people constantly adopt. You know as well as i do this is not prominent coverage in line with the seriousness of the events.

The snarky tone is because I hear your dog whistle. You = antimuslim, I get it.

And you do realize those front pages are different for each user, as they adjust to how you have used the site in the past. Cookies. You understand that, right?

Of course you don't.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lebowski1

@br0kenrabbit: "The snarky tone is because I hear your dog whistle. You = antimuslim, I get it."

I'm not anti Muslim. I'm anti Islam. Yes there is a difference. But ofc you are the blaspemy law by proxy of political correctness type. That's obvious also. Do you think the atrocities in Nigeria are being committed by Mormons?

"And you do realize those front pages are different for each user, as they adjust to how you have used the site in the past. Cookies. You understand that, right?

Of course you don't."

When I go to the BBC's front page, the stories are not personalized by cookies. The fact that you are in denial that *child suicide bombers* are being underreported shows exactly what you are. Yes, imo they are being underreported to keep the heat off ISLAM. Which you have obviously bent the knee to. I know exactly what you are, but I bet your picture of me (in reality a liberal centrist) is horribly warped.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Lebowski1 said:

@br0kenrabbit: "The snarky tone is because I hear your dog whistle. You = antimuslim, I get it."

I'm not anti Muslim. I'm anti Islam. Yes there is a difference. But ofc you are the blaspemy law by proxy of political correctness type. That's obvious also. Do you think the atrocities in Nigeria are being committed by Mormons?

"And you do realize those front pages are different for each user, as they adjust to how you have used the site in the past. Cookies. You understand that, right?

Of course you don't."

When I go to the BBC's front page, the stories are not personalized by cookies. The fact that you are in denial that *child suicide bombers* are being underreported shows exactly what you are. Yes, imo they are being underreported to keep the heat off ISLAM. Which you have obviously bent the knee to. I know exactly what you are, but I bet your picture of me (in reality a liberal centrist) is horribly warped.

I'm an atheist. My take on the religious is that they are victims of brainwashing. Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, doesn't matter, same quilt. A little sympathy, a little horror, but most are still decent people. Unlike edgy bigots who deserve nothing but scorn.

It's not being under-reported, it's just not being plastered all over every surface the way your bigotry would prefer it.

Most people aren't as filled with hate as you are. You and your type are pariahs. Why else do you think you're so outnumbered?

And BBC most def uses cookies. I've got two browsers open to the same BBC.com site and the browser I typically use (Waterfox) shows different stories than Chrome.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Must because we just waiting the country to go hellhole then the media frenzy will start. we then come to save their oil in name of democracy.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

I'll never understand the self-appointed arbiters of media that some people like to become.

It's suddenly a big conspiracy that "the media" isn't reporting on a particular story with as much fervor as they deem necessary.

so strange.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: So he's a bigot, as in he doesn't tolerate people with a different opinion. He doesn't understand English. He's antimuslim. And he can't understand how the internet works. It's good that you respond with evidence that these events are mentioned somewhere and I get it if you've got some frustrations that want to get out, but holy moly... Take care of your heart. We're just exchanging ideas. It's going to be alright.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lebowski1

@br0kenrabbit: "I'm an atheist. My take on the religious is that they are victims of brainwashing. Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, doesn't matter, same quilt. A little sympathy, a little horror, but most are still decent people."

Ok so you don't differentiate between religions in the slightest even when one of them, Islam, is responsible for over 90% of global terror, and state-enforced misogyny. To you, the killers in Nigeria could just as likely have been Mormons as Muslims. To say your view on the subject lacks nuance is an understatement.

"Unlike edgy bigots who deserve nothing but scorn."

Nothing but scorn for pointing out that the use of nearly 50 child suicide bombers this year in Nigeria has obviously been underreported. And in the next breath you would shout that "Black lives matter". Except when they are being snuffed out by Islamists I guess.

"It's not being under-reported, it's just not being plastered all over every surface the way your bigotry would prefer it."

It is bigoted to think child suicide bombers deserve more coverage than they are getting. This is where we're at circa 2019.

"Most people aren't as filled with hate as you are. You and your type are pariahs. Why else do you think you're so outnumbered?"

Trump's in the Whitehouse, pal. And how does my hate of Jihad compare to the hate of Jihad itself? You dont think it makes sense to hate hate? Isnt that what you claim to be doing right now in your disgusting display here towards someone highlighting the underreported use of child suicide bombers in Nigeria?

The truth is you are more upset by my mentioning of child suicide bombers in Nigeria, than by child suicide bombers in Nigeria. Your moral compass is completely out of whack, and the reason is the lack of nuance i mentioned earlier.

"And BBC most def uses cookies. I've got two browsers open to the same BBC.com site and the browser I typically use (Waterfox) shows different stories than Chrome."

Ok so EVEN if true, which i still doubt for my UK mainline BBC News front page here in the UK, your argument makes no sense internally . If im such a huge Islamophobe, I would click on everything related to Jihad. So the atrocities in Nigeria should be front and center on my browser. They're not.

Oh wait, I'm an evil lying bigot, right? Im sure all of your feeds are full of insiggts and exposes on the use of child suicide bombers in Nigeria.

It is such a huge insult to the dead, for this thread to turn into an exercise in shooting the messenger. But that is where we're at now in the "culture war". A very, very ugly display here called out even by people on your own side.

But by all means, continue demonizing me for raising awareness of child suicide bombers in Nigeria. Obviously the sanctity of Islam itself is more important to you for some reason.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lebowski1

Kungfukitten *I* posted an article here in my first post. OBVIOUSLY it is "mentioned somewhere." But *CHILD SUICIDE BOMBERS* bruh. Be honest, how often do YOU see reports of the atrocities in Nigeria? It is UNDER reported. Is this such a controversial claim to make? I think forcing a young child to go blow themself up to murder others is one of the most heinous acts imaginable. it's happened nearly 50 times this year alone and yet it barely has a media presence. I bet you didnt even know it was happening until this thread. I see only two possibilities: either the media is ignoring African affairs due to racism, or it is reluctant to cover more Jihad terror than is absolutely necessary (most likely a mix of the two tbh).

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Lebowski1: The media is a business and they need to sell their papers, get subscriptions or clicks.

Unfortunately, that is the reality of it. So yes, many many events are under-reported.

Trump’s latest tweet will get much more coverage than the entire continent of Africa added together.

And the news is written in quite a biased perspective (it’s mostly unintentional) and words are carefully chosen with nuance to confirm and reconfirm a certain world view perspective.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Lebowski1 said:

But by all means, continue demonizing me for raising awareness of child suicide bombers in Nigeria. Obviously the sanctity of Islam itself is more important to you for some reason.

I haven't time for a full response ATM as I am previously engaged, but you can answer me this: What is your response to groups such as FARC, LLA, LRA, etc.? Christians extremists apparently have no qualm about using child soldiers or terror, either. You just don't hear about it as much because we have little economic interest in those geographic areas.

Oh wait, I'm an evil lying bigot, right? Im sure all of your feeds are full of insiggts and exposes on the use of child suicide bombers in Nigeria.

What feeds? I don't do push media. If I want to read something, I know where to go.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lebowski1

@br0kenrabbit:

"I haven't time for a full response ATM as I am previously engaged, but you can answer me this: What is your response to groups such as FARC, LLA, LRA, etc.?"

Also heinous but far less common. I think the LRA are entirely defunct now. I can pull up the numbers if you doubt that Islamist terror is by far the leading source of terror worldwide if you doubt the claim, and 90% was a conservative estimate.

"Christians extremists apparently have no qualm about using child soldiers or terror, either."

Child *suicide bombers, remember:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48674014

Suicide bombing is an almost uniquely Islamist tactic and though from the outside (I am agnostic atheist myself) we could argue it spares the child a traumatic life of death and destruction, from their perspective it shows a higher disregard for life. Also the numbers are so disproportionate that yes it shows that Christianity at large is more reluctant to engage in terrorism. All of the children used as suicide bombers this year were from Islamists, so I'm not sure why exactly we're discussing Christian terror... Except I do becauee I've had this conversation many times and am familiar with these diversionary tactics.

"You just don't hear about it as much because we have little economic interest in those geographic areas."

No, you dont hear about it so much because it is happening far less often. Which is my point: Nigeria is a BLOODBATH right now. If kids are routinely being used as mobile bombs I want to know about it WHEREVER it is happening. Outer mongolia, the arctic, the moon i dont care. But the only place that tells me in a clear way is a small blog which specifically records Islamist terror. That is a failure on the part of the media.

"What feeds? I don't do push media. If I want to read something, I know where to go."

Had you read about this before this thread?

For me it deserves similar coverage to Christchurch, or Sri Lanka. And yet I was only made aware by religionofpeace blog. Not good enough. Find me one opinion piece from mainstream media on it. If you're saying the media doesnt care about African children for whatever reason, do you think that is right? If not then you agree with me. I think you should do some serious reflection on just how aggressively you attacked me for even bringing this up.

(Btw im only logged in here on my phone, will start posting from my laptop soon. It should improve the quality of my posts eg make it easier to post links. These incidents are far from isolated, the attacking of refugees they created after routing the military is also a qualitatively horrific event worthy of more coverage imo).

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 br0kenrabbit

I was on the UPS Power Supply for a minute there, storm knocked the power out. All good, here we go.

@Lebowski1 said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Suicide bombing is an almost uniquely Islamist tactic and though from the outside (I am agnostic atheist myself) we could argue it spares the child a traumatic life of death and destruction, from their perspective it shows a higher disregard for life. Also the numbers are so disproportionate that yes it shows that Christianity at large is more reluctant to engage in terrorism. All of the children used as suicide bombers this year were from Islamists, so I'm not sure why exactly we're discussing Christian terror... Except I do becauee I've had this conversation many times and am familiar with these diversionary tactics.

This is true for the moment, but you're taking a short perspective of things. You don't even have to go back centuries to find a time when Christian terrorism was at its height, just a few decades.

I posted a video in the other going thread here in PG of a local cop/preacher and his call for death to homosexuals. As we have discussed in a previous thread a few months ago here, Christian terrorists groups exist and would be much more active were it not for their fear of the law. Sometimes it still happens. Abortion clinic bombings, shooting up mosques and people like Anders Breivik and Robert Bowers.

I'm not going into great detail as I did in that thread. If you pull that thread up, please don't resurrect it, it's too old. Start a new one.

@Lebowski1 said:

Yes, Boko Harem is brutal and needs to be stopped. Yes, I have read that before this thread, I keep close tabs on global events. But I don't focus on just one area exclusive to the rest. You lose sight of the real picture when you do that.

Ok so you don't differentiate between religions in the slightest even when one of them, Islam, is responsible for over 90% of global terror, and state-enforced misogyny. To you, the killers in Nigeria could just as likely have been Mormons as Muslims. To say your view on the subject lacks nuance is an understatement.

I do not differentiate between religions in the sense that I believe they are all delusions. Imagine all that effort put into solving problems right here in reality. It is a great, sad drain on our potential as a species.

As I said above I have already juxtaposed Islamic and Christian terrorism in another thread. If you want to find it, its a few months old I believe. Just search through my post history. Not sure what its called just look for posts in PG. I haven't the time ATM, the storm put me behind on things I need to get done before bed (dishes, shower, etc.) and I'd rather reply to these more recent posts.

Trump's in the Whitehouse, pal.

A combination of funny math and apathy. Don't for a minute think it means he has majority support. Lets not be so elementary about the reality of the matter.

Okay, that's as much time as I can afford, I got things to do. And please, use the quote feature.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

MAGAs do understand that Muslims believe in Jesus too, right?

They've got to be jealous as **** that someone else is engaging in a holy war against the country that sounds a lot like their favorite noun.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lebowski1

@br0kenrabbit:

<Quote> This is true for the moment, but you're taking a short perspective of things. You don't even have to go back centuries to find a time when Christian terrorism was at its height, just a few decades. </Quote>

Still wouldn't have matched Islamist terror, but being a person living in the present world, current events are what concern me most.

<Quote> I posted a video in the other going thread here in PG of a local cop/preacher and his call for death to homosexuals. </Quote>

Ok and in a BBC article i read recently I learned that honour killings are more accepted across the region than homosexuality. Perspective.

<Quote> As we have discussed in a previous thread a few months ago here, Christian terrorists groups exist and would be much more active were it not for their fear of the law. </Quote>

That is a reason you pulled out of thin air, and even if true it shows that they have less commitment to terror. But let's continue talking about hypothetical Christian terror while Christians are being slaughtered by Islamists, by all means...

<Quote> Sometimes it still happens. Abortion clinic bombings, shooting up mosques and people like Anders Breivik and Robert Bowers. </Quote>

I think there are other motivating factors behind a lot of it. I mean Jesus was basically a pacifist but the Old Testament is icky, sure. How do YOU feel about the Quran/hadith tho? Oh wait i nearly forgot: to you they are EXACTLY THE SAME as any other religious text. Gotcha.

<Quote> Yes, Boko Harem is brutal and needs to be stopped. Yes, I have read that before this thread, I keep close tabs on global events. But I don't focus on just one area exclusive to the rest. You lose sight of the real picture when you do that. </Quote>

What? You've already agreed Christian terror is insignificant in comparison. Borderline non existent. I get that is a retroactive force in the world also, but it is less murderous. And murder is the biggest infringement on the rights of others.

<Quote>

As I said above I have already juxtaposed Islamic and Christian terrorism in another thread. If you want to find it, its a few months old I believe. Just search through my post history. Not sure what its called just look for posts in PG. I haven't the time ATM, the storm put me behind on things I need to get done before bed (dishes, shower, etc.) and I'd rather reply to these more recent posts. </Quote>

I won't bother as you've already made clear it will be dealing with events that are at least decades ago.

<Quote> A combination of funny math and apathy. Don't for a minute think it means he has majority support. Lets not be so elementary about the reality of the matter. </Quote>

He won democratic elections in the world's greatest superpower. And so long as far Leftists such as yourself commit intellectual fails such as thinking of Islam as some perpetual victim and never the leading aggressor of terrorism worldwide, he will continue to win.

Edit: there hasnt been a major active Christian terrorist group for decades but hey, I cant use the quote feature yet so i guess you win right. Ive also been very busy and ive dealt with this kind of deflection so many times before. Its depressing and a huge insult to the victims that in a thread about christians being slaughtered by muslim terrorists, you segue into... An attack on christian terrorism which barely exists. You should be ashamed tbqh. You also should apologise to me personally for immediately calling me a bigot for highlighting these atrocities.