Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

The Labour party seems to be getting a bit of a thrashing recently from the Campaign for Antisemetism over their definition of the term.

Apart from a 'semite' including muslims and arabs in the classical definition, various lobbies and campaign groups regard it to mean people of the Jewish faith is certainly a contested definition amongst scholars.

But I have to be honest I don't even see jokes or lazy clichés aimed at Jews, let alone outright racism. Everyone is too scared.

For me it's all a power play by the Jewish Zionists, as usual trying to give themselves the trump card of racism as a defense against their campaign against the Palestinians and doesn't relate in any way to actual real world reality.

They are scarier than the Church of Scientology.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

It depends if you include Zionism (or rather, anti-zionism). I'm not a big fan of Israel, but I generally don't say that because most people don't really know anything bad about Israel except their friend went there on a trip and stayed on a kibbutz *shrug*.

I don't say I dislike Israel because people will assume you're an anti-semite. Hell, I have to be careful not to call Jews "Jew" simply because guilty-feeling white liberals are like "You can't say Jew! That's derogetory!" and I'm like "What else would you call a Jewish person, other than 'Jewish' and 'a jew'?"

It's like Mexican; if I know someone is Mexican, and I'm like "Hey, look...a Mexican dude" and then some guilty-feeling person is like "The term is Hispanic, bro!" and it's just all screwy lol

TL;DR: there are some legit anti-semites, but I think the number is exagerated due to people mistaking political leanings as hate for a religious/ethnic group.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

It obvious to everyone that what Zionist people do. Just pointing out the obvious really.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@jackamomo said:

It obvious to everyone that what Zionist people do. Just pointing out the obvious really.

The joos are coming, better put on your tinfoil hat

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@jackamomo said:

The Labour party seems to be getting a bit of a thrashing recently from the Campaign for Antisemetism over their definition of the term.

Apart from a 'semite' including muslims and arabs in the classical definition, various lobbies and campaign groups regard it to mean people of the Jewish faith is certainly a contested definition amongst scholars.

But I have to be honest I don't even see jokes or lazy clichés aimed at Jews, let alone outright racism. Everyone is too scared.

For me it's all a power play by the Jewish Zionists, as usual trying to give themselves the trump card of racism as a defense against their campaign against the Palestinians and doesn't relate in any way to actual real world reality.

They are scarier than the Church of Scientology.

I guess you dont watch Family Guy

Rogn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rogn
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

Anti semitism is usually refering to hatred towards jews. Though it may be misleading since semites is a cultural group. Arabs by default are semitic. But when people say anti semitic i think jews are just included in it since it means people who generally wish jews away or something and that is why they tend to use it. It essentially is a fancier word of saying anti jewish etc.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

@tryit said:
@jackamomo said:

I guess you dont watch Family Guy

Or South Park.