deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pi-ata-maker-apologizes-hanging-black-figures-porch-article-1.3979001

So, there was a pinata maker in Minneapolis who had immigrated from Mexico. He had gotten a request for a multiracial wedding where the groom and bride were african-american and latino. So he made multiracial pinatas for the wedding as per their request. Apparently, he has to dry them after making them, so he hangs them out on his fronch porch in the open air. While the optics were not good, I dont think he had any vile intent.

However, some white SJW passerby became so offended that he posted pictures of this online with this pinata makers address. As to what outcome this SJW wanted, I'll leave that up to everyone to decide. The link above doesn't show the post made by this person, but there was another one from CNN/MSN which showed the dude.

The pinata maker then began to get multiple death threats and other hate spewed at him. He was incredibly distraught over all of this and so embarassed that he wanted to leave the country and return to mexico. Fortunately, his neighbors, who were mostly black, understood his gaffe and were able to deter passers-by from harming him by explaining the nature of the mistake.

Some people, however, insist that he should have known better and should face some consequences. Myself, I find sympathy for the guy. I suspect he's not as up on the racial angst in this country as it was not his native country. I don't think he meant harm by it and was probably just unaware of how bad it really looked or what it could symbolize.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@joebones5000 said:

Omfg that is absolutely hilarious!!!

I feel bad, because i felt it was a little funny too. Mainly because the guy was just so naive and clueless. I really dont think he meant harm. Granted, the image evokes terrible history and I can see how manywould find it incredibly offensive. Fortunately, his neighbors knew him and understood he did not have nefarious intentions.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

Haha, that poor guy.

These types of things are notoriously difficult for immigrants. Little social norms that aren't obvious unless you've lived with them for a while. We've all seen national ads for other countries that simply wouldn't fly here in the US, for example.

Kudos to his neighbors for sticking up for the poor soul.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@sonicare said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pi-ata-maker-apologizes-hanging-black-figures-porch-article-1.3979001

So, there was a pinata maker in Minneapolis who had immigrated from Mexico. He had gotten a request for a multiracial wedding where the groom and bride were african-american and latino. So he made multiracial pinatas for the wedding as per their request. Apparently, he has to dry them after making them, so he hangs them out on his fronch porch in the open air. While the optics were not good, I dont think he had any vile intent.

However, some white SJW passerby became so offended that he posted pictures of this online with this pinata makers address. As to what outcome this SJW wanted, I'll leave that up to everyone to decide. The link above doesn't show the post made by this person, but there was another one from CNN/MSN which showed the dude.

The pinata maker then began to get multiple death threats and other hate spewed at him. He was incredibly distraught over all of this and so embarassed that he wanted to leave the country and return to mexico. Fortunately, his neighbors, who were mostly black, understood his gaffe and were able to deter passers-by from harming him by explaining the nature of the mistake.

Some people, however, insist that he should have known better and should face some consequences. Myself, I find sympathy for the guy. I suspect he's not as up on the racial angst in this country as it was not his native country. I don't think he meant harm by it and was probably just unaware of how bad it really looked or what it could symbolize.

Poor guy and people should really get a life and stop being offended by every little thing that has nothing of offence in it.

But unfortunately, this is the sad state of Leftist America and how the PC culture has destroyed the idea that America is land of the free.

Though it´s funny to see the normal left parade in here, of course, jumping on this and making it seem bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@mattbbpl said:

Haha, that poor guy.

These types of things are notoriously difficult for immigrants. Little social norms that aren't obvious unless you've lived with them for a while. We've all seen national ads for other countries that simply wouldn't fly here in the US, for example.

Kudos to his neighbors for sticking up for the poor soul.

I thought that was pretty cool.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Damn SJWs at it again.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

He did nothing wrong.

If SJWs are looking for excuses to get offended, they will look for excuses to get offended. It is their own damn fault.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Wait..he hung up some pinatas to dry and this was somehow wrong?

Good heavens, what would happen to the man if they saw him enjoy a burrito?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

soooo....multiracial marriages is a good thing?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm not an immigrant, and if I were making pinatas, I wouldn't think twice about hanging them outside to dry. Nosy people are just the worst.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

Social justice warriors and feminists are pure cancer.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt

@mecha_frieza said:

Social justice warriors and feminists are pure cancer.

wow!

and why is that?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

lol.

so rather than talk to the business owner about the pinatas hanging, numbuts runs to facebook to try to start a movement, escalating things well beyond the point they should have been.

there's a lesson there kids.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@tryit said:

It's 2018. Yes they are a good thing. Except to racists. Ponder your post now.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:

my post was sarcasm on how the Right in this post now wants to suggest multiracial marriages are a good thing.

it would just be cool to get them to actually say it

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

Poor pinata maker.

@sonicare said:
@joebones5000 said:

Omfg that is absolutely hilarious!!!

I feel bad, because i felt it was a little funny too. Mainly because the guy was just so naive and clueless. I really dont think he meant harm. Granted, the image evokes terrible history and I can see how manywould find it incredibly offensive. Fortunately, his neighbors knew him and understood he did not have nefarious intentions.

It's pretty funny, but unfortunately we don't live in a society where we can explain ourselves and have a laugh together over stupid shit like this. Not any more.

In an ideal world, the offending party would go "Oh, haha, so sorry, but pinatas hang and I didn't really think about it due to my culture blah blah blah. My bad." and the offended party would go "Haha totally understandable. Maybe I was too quick to offend blah blah blah, but you can see why yes?" And then they all share a laugh while learning something new. Hooray for understanding!

But alas, those times are gone. No, it needs to be blown out of proportion. Needs to be turned into "news" and put on the internet. Then it has to be developed into some large, intellectual, is-there-a-deeper-meaning? argument for scholars.

@tryit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:

my post was sarcasm on how the Right in this post now wants to suggest multiracial marriages are a good thing.

it would just be cool to get them to actually say it

multiracial marriages are a good thing for the right when it leads to more racism. I mean, duh :P

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TryIt

Black women swarmed by police at Airbnb rental

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Im not gonna lie, I live in the south if I saw a statue of a black man being hung....id feel iffy too. Not enough to call the cops but enough to think there might be something going on.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TryIt

@Mercenary848 said:

Im not gonna lie, I live in the south if I saw a statue of a black man being hung....id feel iffy too. Not enough to call the cops but enough to think there might be something going on.

I have taken walks in black neighboorhoods in the south and have seen Nazi symbols among statements about blacks

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Seems like an honest mistake.