Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@plageus900 said:

Trump just pulled the whole "This is not a man I know well...seems like a nice guy, though" maneuver in regards to Ambassador Sondland.

This guy is such a joke.

He has Trump on Speed Dial. They talked regularly.

They have been friends for years.

And Sondland donated over a Million Dollars to Trumps campaign in exchange for an Ambassadorship.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

Rumor coming in that Mike Pompeo is planning to resign early because connection to Trump is killing his reputation. looool.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-pompeo-planning-resign-because-093230187.html

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@PraetorianMan said:

Lmao

https://twitter.com/gettyimagesnews/status/1197202729334128642?s=21

At least he spelled everything right

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#105  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@PraetorianMan said:

Lmao

https://twitter.com/gettyimagesnews/status/1197202729334128642?s=21

Wow lol I'm having flashbacks to Sara Palin hand notes lol.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I have to admit, watching the loyal trump followers here still in denial makes me chuckle. I given up on hope that they will one day ditch this idiot known as President Trump, but like the old saying goes, once an idiot, always an idiot.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Man Trump is falling apart. He should be removed.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@n64dd: where is the evidence of wrongdoing? :P

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Nuck81: Yep, and Trump, in true Trump fashion, pretends to have amnesia.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 N64DD

@plageus900 said:

@Nuck81: Yep, and Trump, in true Trump fashion, pretends to have amnesia.

Ready for Pence?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 plageus900

@n64dd: No.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I don't even think the republicans want Pence at this point. They likely make a deal with the democrats to swear Romney in as VP before Trump resigns. That would be about the only competitive candidate they could put up in 2020 that wouldn't be too damaged by the impeachment process.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 N64DD

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't even think the republicans want Pence at this point. They likely make a deal with the democrats to swear Romney in as VP before Trump resigns. That would be about the only competitive candidate they could put up in 2020 that wouldn't be too damaged by the impeachment process.

nah fam, it's pence time.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 horgen  Moderator

Is this for real?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Vaasman

@horgen said:

Is this for real?

CNN live updates a lot, you'll have to be specific.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Vaasman: I'm just going to guess that Horgen means this:

"A bombshell from Gordon Sondland: The US Ambassador to the European Union says he pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens at President Trump's "express direction"

I just watch the clip and holy ****! It's not going to be a good day for the president, or Republicans for that matter.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Vaasman

@Serraph105 said:

@Vaasman: I'm just going to guess that Horgen means this:

"A bombshell from Gordon Sondland: The US Ambassador to the European Union says he pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens at President Trump's "express direction"

I just watch the clip and holy ****! It's not going to be a good day for the president, or Republicans for that matter.

Well if the question is, did Sondland admit clearly to what happened and provide solid documented evidence implicating the president and several other involved officials, the answer is yes, it's very real. Sondland seems like a complete doof of an ambassador, but ultimately his testimony and provided material is damning evidence of inherent wrongdoing as well as obstruction. And part of that was him answering clearly that, yes indeed, it was a quid pro quo underhanded scheme for political gain.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@horgen said:

Is this for real?

It's CNN. Probably not.

This what i found on the subject

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1197233884909293568

Basically CNN was lying again like usual.

So how's this impeachment going. Trump already culled? Or demos trying to find new ways to drag there carnival forwards for another year?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Serraph105

@Gatygun: "It's CNN. Probably not."

I mean, check the video, it's just Sondland talking, no commentary, no editing, nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/public-impeachment-hearing-day-4/index.html

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@Serraph105: But he's only a first hand witness who spoke with Trump directly.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Serraph105

@mattbbpl: I know right? Trump barely even knows the man. :P

And in fact his testimony totally exonerates Trump when you think about it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Serraph105

@Vaasman said:

Rumor coming in that Mike Pompeo is planning to resign early because connection to Trump is killing his reputation. looool.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-pompeo-planning-resign-because-093230187.html

Pompeo had to have known working for Trump was going to hurt his reputation when he took the job, right?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 horgen  Moderator

@Gatygun: The notes Trump had during his press briefing.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JimB: You need to pay attention to the witnesses and not American Thinker.

Last night during the testimony the items mentioned in the American Thinker were testified about by the woman from the defense department. Also the person who actually pays out the money authorized by congress and can explain why any funds are delayed was interviewed behind closed doors last Saturday. His testimony was placed in a secure server and he is not permitted to be called to testify by Adam Shiff. I wonder why? I do pay attention to the testimony and so far there has been no evidence to convict Trump. It has been all hearsay and I presume no actual facts. By the way the FBI wants to talk to the alleged whistle blower.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 JimB
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

If this was an online discussion I think Nunes would be moderated for trolling...

Heard his opening speech today. He's terrible and not a representative of the American people.....just a trump fanboy. Heard him mention George Washington......I think he needs to read Washington's speech about being partisan and putting party over country.

You mean he is not supporting the Democrat fantasies.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 JimB

@plageus900 said:
@JimB said:
@Vaasman said:
@JimB said:
@Vaasman said:

The impeachment was voted on by the House when they didn't even need to, and the constitution specifically says they have broad authority to run impeachment investigations as they like through their available, legal options. Additionally, Republican made house rules in 2015 gave them extra capabilities in issuing subpoenas that they are using. Please explain to me how any of this is not lawful or fair.

Also stop lying about evidence, we now have a dozen sworn depositions from both directly and indirectly involved individuals, a memorandum, dated notations and timelines, and admission from the culprit and his closest staff. Gaslighting trolling won't save you.

Impeachment was not voted on, lets get that straight. A vote was taken to have an inquiry. When Nixon and Clinton occurred they were permitted to have their attorneys present to ask questions, challenge testimony, and call witness. The minority party was permitted to ask questions and call witnesses. Any questions as to witness was referred to the whole committee by the way which was the Judicial committee not the intelligence committee not subject to one person calling all the shots. The depositions you talk about were all taken in secret and cherry picked and leaked to the press by Adam Shiff. He was caught in another lie today. Shiff is also testifying for the witness and asking leading questions. This whole affair is a sham and the American people can see that.

Tomato Tomahto on Impeachment, an inquiry was voted on and passed. Both Clinton and Nixon did have personal lawyers present during the initial inquiry period, but so will Trump. Per 538 that is a made up argument, because both had lawyers present as it made it's way to the judiciary committee, which our current resolution has also allowed.

"As was the case in both Nixon and Clinton’s impeachment proceedings, when the process moves to the Judiciary Committee, Trump’s lawyers will be able to cross-examine and suggest witnesses and present a formal defense."

The only break is from offering during oversight committee's investigations, but a president is not entitled to such protections during an impeachment inquiry anyway.

Additionally, Republicans have access to all depositions held, for an equal level of time to ask questions relative to their representation. They are capable of requesting witnesses. The reality is, the minority party is desperate for an argument so they've made a shitshow out of a non-argument that they have no agency in any hearings, when they in fact have a lot.

And it was Republicans, might I repeat myself, who voted to offer House rules giving the minority less privilege in hearings.

And latest polling from ABC said 70% of Americans agree the phone call was wrong too, so no actually the American people aren't seeing this as a sham, it's clear there is agreement what happened was wrong among those polled. The majority in that poll also agreed, within the margin of error granted, that the president should be impeached and removed.

The people are seeing this a a sham to the point the major networks are no longer going to cover it because viewer numbers keep dropping. Also in the latest poll on impeachment have moved in favor of the president because of these hearings.

Really? Is that why I'm watching it on both Fox and CNN?

Is there a ringing in your ears? Are you seeing flashing lights or hearing voices?

Fox and CNN are news outlets ABC, NBC and CBS are not and are dropping their coverage because of low viewership.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

If this was an online discussion I think Nunes would be moderated for trolling...

Heard his opening speech today. He's terrible and not a representative of the American people.....just a trump fanboy. Heard him mention George Washington......I think he needs to read Washington's speech about being partisan and putting party over country.

No I mean he's not supporting the country nor the Constitution. Things he took an oath to support.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Last night during the testimony the items mentioned in the American Thinker were testified about by the woman from the defense department. Also the person who actually pays out the money authorized by congress and can explain why any funds are delayed was interviewed behind closed doors last Saturday. His testimony was placed in a secure server and he is not permitted to be called to testify by Adam Shiff. I wonder why? I do pay attention to the testimony and so far there has been no evidence to convict Trump. It has been all hearsay and I presume no actual facts. By the way the FBI wants to talk to the alleged whistle blower.

If you paid attention to the testimony...…..by trump administration personal...…...there is no way you'd still be defending trump.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

No I mean he's not supporting the country nor the Constitution. Things he took an oath to support.

The Democrats don't even know the Constitution. In fact most attorneys don't it is not taught in law school.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If you paid attention to the testimony...…..by trump administration personal...…...there is no way you'd still be defending trump.

There is no evidence Trump did anything wrong. When you go to court it not what you suspect or think what you know it what you can prove. The Democrat narrative fell like a house of cards after the ambassadors testimony yesterday.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 horgen  Moderator

@JimB said:

There is no evidence Trump did anything wrong. When you go to court it not what you suspect or think what you know it what you can prove. The Democrat narrative fell like a house of cards after the ambassadors testimony yesterday.

Nothing wrong you say? Read here

The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (ICA) reasserted Congress’ power of the purse. Specifically, Title X of the Act – “Impoundment Control” – established procedures to prevent the President and other government officials from unilaterally substituting their own funding decisions for those of the Congress. The Act also created the House and Senate Budget Committees and the Congressional Budget Office....

An “impoundment” is any action – or inaction – by an officer or employee of the federal government that precludes federal funds from being obligated[1] or spent, either temporarily or permanently....

Put simply, if the President wants to spend less money than Congress provided for a particular purpose, he or she must first secure a law providing Congressional approval to rescind the funding in question. The ICA requires that the President send a special message to Congress identifying the amount of the proposed rescission; the reasons for it; and the budgetary, economic, and programmatic effects of the rescission. Upon transmission of such special message, the President may withhold certain funding in the affected accounts for up to 45 legislative session days. If a law approving the rescission is not enacted within the 45 days, any withheld funds must be made available for obligation.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JimB

The person that actually sends the funds to countries that congress approves testified behind closed doors last Saturday and can answer why the funds were held up has been prevented from testifying in public by Adam Shiff. His secret testimony has been placed in a secure sever. It begs the question why is he not allowed to testify in public when he can supply all the answers to this question.

I posted your item yesterday in a post with a link to the American Thinker where that was discussed. You must have must have missed that post.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Serraph105

So if the money was not withheld as part of a quid pro quo, as has been testified to, what was the true reason for doing so? Trump has never actually given a reason for this.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 N64DD

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

The Democrats don't even know the Constitution. In fact most attorneys don't it is not taught in law school.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Question for you. If proof is provided by both sides of the aisle, will you support the removal of the president?

I will.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PurpleMan5000

@Serraph105 said:

So if the money was not withheld as part of a quid pro quo, as has been testified to, what was the true reason for doing so? Trump has never actually given a reason for this.

Everyone who could clear Trump keeps getting told by the white house that they can't testify. It's just rotten luck for Donald.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 JimB

@n64dd said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Question for you. If proof is provided by both sides of the aisle, will you support the removal of the president?

I will.

If there is evidence of a legitimate crime and found guilty, yes. I would also want other government officials that have committed legitimate crime prosecuted. We can not have a two tiered justice system. We are a country of laws and they must be applied fairly and equally.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 JimB

@JimB said:
@n64dd said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

I will.

If there is evidence of a legitimate crime and found guilty, yes. I would also want other government officials that have committed legitimate crime prosecuted. We can not have a two tiered justice system. We are a country of laws and they must be applied fairly and equally.

I have lived through the Nixon and Clinton impeachments. I liked Spiro Agnew but he turned out to be dishonest. After that he no longer had my respect and I was glad he was no longer vice president. Nixon was guilty of covering up the people involved in the Watergate cover up and would have been impeached had he not resigned. There were a lot of things going on at that time more so than today. There break in of Dr. Elberg's office by the plumbers to try and stop leaks. The Viet Nam war. Antiwar demonstrations the country was being tron apart as it is now but by the war.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Wow, Fiona Hill is just murdering the GOP right now.

This is the most damaging testimony yet. Nunes is repeatedly leaving the room, in order to avoid hearing testimon.y

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 horgen  Moderator

@JimB: The President can not withhold money for no reason.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 JimB

@horgen said:

Then why not the the witness who knows why the money was held up testify?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 plageus900

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

Everything you say is pure comedy gold.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 PurpleMan5000

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

Pompeo and Mulvaney would testify, but the white house won't let them. Trump really just can't catch a break. Shifty Schiff!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

Reading his sentence means the reason doesn't matter.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Serraph105

@JimB: "Then why not the the witness who knows why the money was held up testify?"

Trump is free to just tell people why the money was withheld you know. If it would help him why not just do that? Why let this go on from September till now?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 JimB

@plageus900 said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:

Everything you say is pure comedy gold.

It comes from Shiff pure comedy gold as you put it.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@JimB: Is your last name Jordan?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 horgen  Moderator

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

I agree, Trump should testify.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Current evidence is demonstrably showing it's Republicans that do not follow the Constitution. Stop whataboutism.

There is evidence you are just wrapping yourself in a blanket...…..not a flag since country is less important to you than the cult of personality.....and willfully ignoring evidence. There has been first hand testimony AND trump released his transcript. There is no doubt unless one refuses to see it.

Start caring about our democracy and not a person.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 PurpleMan5000

Sondland was supposed to testify in Trump's favor, but Shifty Schiff and Crazy Pelosi (maybe Crooked Hillary) must have gotten to him first. It's a sad day when a man who donated $1 million to the Trump campaign turns out to be a never-Trumper.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 plageus900

@JimB: Jim, you just said CBS is dropping coverage of this Impeachment Inquiry. I'm watching it on CBS now. So you're basically like Trump; a liar.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 plageus900

Why do the Republicans have lies pasted across giant poster boards standing behind them? Are they there for the majority of their constituents who can't follow a basic conversation? It's easy to trick people who are braindead.