horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124899 Posts

This might seem a little early... but anyhow.

Keep all talk related to the impeachment hearings here. Couple of sources for what we can expect (I think):

1: Since launching their inquiry on Sept. 24 into allegations that Trump abused his office for personal political gain, lawmakers in the Democratic-run House of Representatives have been holding hearings with current and former officials behind closed doors. Now they want to take their case for impeachment to the American public.

2: The top American diplomat in Ukraine identified Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, as the instigator behind the drive to get Ukraine’s president to announce investigations into Mr. Trump’s political rivals, telling impeachment investigators last month that Mr. Giuliani was acting on behalf of the president.

3: Ahead of the first public testimony of the impeachment inquiry next week, the White House and key Hill Republicans are discussing a defense of President Donald Trump that is heavy on offense, with a focus on dismissing and discrediting witnesses whose testimony may be damaging to the president.

I'll try to update this post with relevant links as they come.

Personally I think Trump will take his Twitter to the next level when this starts.

C-Span Wednesday hearing

Fox news aren't reporting...

I don't know who to believe (satire)

Trump considers to testify

70 percent believe that the president was wrong to pressure Ukraine to launch a probe into his political rivals.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45568 Posts

So far, I hear that Barr's role in all of this is the one big hole still missing, and all of those people who can fill that hole in refuse to testify. Democrats plan on citing these no shows as evidence of obstruction in an article. However Dem's are unlikely to force testimony via courts. Would take too long and would lose the average American voters. We have already lost half of the buffer on impeachment support from the public. And now, Trump is ranting against public hearings in a press gaggle. Guess he couldn't get Barr to do it for him.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator

@davillain- said:

So far, I hear that Barr's role in all of this is the one big hole still missing, and all of those people who can fill that hole in refuse to testify. Democrats plan on citing these no shows as evidence of obstruction in an article. However Dem's are unlikely to force testimony via courts. Would take too long and would lose the average American voters. We have already lost half of the buffer on impeachment support from the public. And now, Trump is ranting against public hearings in a press gaggle. Guess he couldn't get Barr to do it for him.

The House could and should subpoena them. If they continue to refuse, throw them in jail.

On the other hand, if they all believe Trump has done nothing wrong, why refuse to testify? They could clear his name, yet refuses to do so. Something tells me they don't view him as innocent either.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6893 Posts

I know what I want for Christmas this year.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator

Oh the defense is getting better.

Thornberry proceeded to argue that Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky is not impeachable because there is also so much other public evidence:

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2226 Posts

Always wondered how trump hasn't been assassinated yet.

Never thought this guy would stay alive for so long. With clintons etc trying to hold power over anything.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warmblur

@Gatygun said:

Always wondered how trump hasn't been assassinated yet.

Never thought this guy would stay alive for so long. With clintons etc trying to hold power over anything.

It's the illuminati man they created a device at Cern to stop the Clintons.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36961 Posts

i don't know how nunes is able to talk with trump's c--- so deep down his throat

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warmblur

@comp_atkins said:

i don't know how nunes is able to talk with trump's c--- so deep down his throat

Yeah, I had to stop watching it was so gross Nunes is a worthless clown that shouldn't even be there.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator

Do any of the places that broadcast it, save it so you can watch them again later on? If possible, I would like to link to them in the first post.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 comp_atkins

lol so much talk about obama.

you guys gotta do better than that.

what's next, benghazi?

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joebones5000
Member since 2016 • 3225 Posts

Lol. That was so bad. Republicans are completely lost right now,v especially gym Jordan. Haha. Uh uh uh it's too confusing, and but but but they got their aid!!! They have timelines all messed up and half of them are still willing about Obama! Jesus Christ...

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 warmblur

All this talk about Obama makes me miss him so much we went from class to white trash.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator

@warmblur said:
@comp_atkins said:

Yeah, I had to stop watching it was so gross Nunes is a worthless clown that shouldn't even be there.

Hilarious that Devin Nunes actually had the audacity to proclaim this, during his Opening Statement. That and the claims that Trump has pictures of Comey and Mueller kissing, what is it with Republicans in promoting sexual activity?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator

@davillain-: I am guessing anything to attack the credibility of the witness as well as coming up with so much BS that they hope to stall the process completely.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14828 Posts

@horgen said:

Do any of the places that broadcast it, save it so you can watch them again later on? If possible, I would like to link to them in the first post.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?466134-1/impeachment-hearing-william-taylor-george-kent

C-SPAN is good about holding their video records for a while.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2537 Posts

@warmblur said:

All this talk about Obama makes me miss him so much we went from class to white trash.

And soon we will go from United to Broken.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@Vaasman said:
@horgen said:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?466134-1/impeachment-hearing-william-taylor-george-kent

C-SPAN is good about holding their video records for a while.

Thank you. Link added.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 172301 Posts

Republicans in the Senate won't do anything because they don't put the country first. Some of them aren't even paying attention to the facts. Which tells you all you need to know about that party. They should be voted out. America deserves better than uninterested politicians.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaasman

No one's talked about it here yet but one of the key notes of the testimony yesterday was that Taylor was informed by staffers after his initial testimony of Trump (loudly) carrying on a cell phone call with Sondland on July 26th where he expresses clear interest in investigations over Ukraine. This staffer is already being called in for deposition this week, and the claim is being confirmed by a second official.

This is pretty big because: A. It directly ties Trump to his shifty secret diplomacy ring centered on Ghouliani. B. It shows a clear display of intent, since, if it's confirmed, it shows he had far more interest in getting public dirt on a political opponent than general corruption or actual aid for an allied nation. C. It would further confirm that Sondland was a shitty shit in his first appearance in congress.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ap-2nd-embassy-staffer-overheard-call-in-which-trump-asked-sondland-about-investigations

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horgen  Moderator

@Vaasman: Ghouliani? I hope that was not intended hahaha

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain-  Moderator

@horgen said:

@davillain-: I am guessing anything to attack the credibility of the witness as well as coming up with so much BS that they hope to stall the process completely.

To be honest, I don't expect Congress to do anything about it but hey, you'll never know.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator

@davillain- said:
@horgen said:

To be honest, I don't expect Congress to do anything about it but hey, you'll never know.

About the whistleblower, or Trump? As I expect the Senate will stop anything that can harm Trump's image.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 comp_atkins

trump trying to shit on yovanovich while her testimony is going on and she gets to hear it while testifying... what a weird world we're living in these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@comp_atkins: witness tampering in live time for all too witness.

Trump will claim he didn't tweet that.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 comp_atkins

lol nunez:

"the ambassador has nothing to do with the allegations against trump"

also nunez:

"obama, fusion gps!"

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 horgen  Moderator

@Nuck81 said:

Wait what?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaasman

Republicans are so void of talking points they're deliberately breaking the rules over and over in the hearing to force Schiff to shut them down. Presumably their propaganda can then regurgitate video clips of him telling them to piss off, even though he's completely right to do so. It absolutely reeks of desperation.

Add to it Castor is basically embarrassing them with how little he has to offer for their narrative. I'm fairly convinced his position is meant to bore people to death so they'll change the channel.

@horgen said:
@Nuck81 said:

Wait what?

https://theweek.com/speedreads/878716/trump-blows-republicans-entire-yovanovitch-hearing-strategy-single-tweet Trump ruined his defenses talking points by bad mouthing Yovanovitch mid-hearing over twitter. Schiff shared it in the middle of his 45 minute time to enter into the record.

@horgen said:

@Vaasman: Ghouliani? I hope that was not intended hahaha

I meaaaan if you'd like to think of it as a freudian slip you may.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@Vaasman: English isn’t my first language, so in my head I may not pronounce Giouliany or whatever it is again correctly.. So I was questioning myself in how to pronounce it. :P

Hmmm how is Fox news responding?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By comp_atkins

it's remarkable how much Giuliani shit all over the political capital he had after 9/11.

the guy was pretty much beloved everywhere... now look at him.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 horgen  Moderator

@comp_atkins: Probably felt untouchable...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 comp_atkins

lol we even have fox news saying today was a disaster for the republicans...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator

@comp_atkins said:

I didn't think they even commented it.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 warmblur

@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:

I didn't think they even commented it.

Meanwhile at Fox news.....

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2953 Posts

Not one witness when ask under oath if President if the president had committed any impeachable action as accused by the Democrats, they all replied no. What is funny about this clown show is Adam Shiff calls people as witness who have know knowledge of the events surrounding the phone call, but the person who started the whole shit show is not allowed to be called as a witness.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

Not one witness when ask under oath if President if the president had committed any impeachable action as accused by the Democrats, they all replied no. What is funny about this clown show is Adam Shiff calls people as witness who have know knowledge of the events surrounding the phone call, but the person who started the whole shit show is not allowed to be called as a witness.

Uh witnessed have provided evidence that trump committed an impeachable action and the whistleblower isn't necessary as he was not the first hand witness to this. They have witnesses providing that. They also have obstruction and witness tampering now. A patriotic American wouldn't support these actions.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Uh witnessed have provided evidence that trump committed an impeachable action and the whistleblower isn't necessary as he was not the first hand witness to this. They have witnesses providing that. They also have obstruction and witness tampering now. A patriotic American wouldn't support these actions.

Neither were the other witness. What evidence did the witness produce that the president committed impeachable acts. The first two complained he went around the state department which other presidents have done. Their egos were hurt, that is what they testified about. Witness tampering that is a real reach. I suggest you research witness tampering, also the so called whistleblower is not a whistleblower, and the office of the president is not part of the whistle blower statute. The reason he will not be called is because he will have to give evidence this was all set up by Adam Shiff.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Neither were the other witness. What evidence did the witness produce that the president committed impeachable acts. The first two complained he went around the state department which other presidents have done. Their egos were hurt, that is what they testified about. Witness tampering that is a real reach. I suggest you research witness tampering, also the so called whistleblower is not a whistleblower, and the office of the president is not part of the whistle blower statute. The reason he will not be called is because he will have to give evidence this was all set up by Adam Shiff.

You are clearly ignoring the fact that he tried to get a foreign government involved in our elections. If you're going to cover your ears and hum to avoid the truth there is no sense in talking with you.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

@JimB: Ok so lets play along with the idea that the President has done nothing wrong at all. What harm is there in this impeachment process? If the President has done nothing wrong, that should be the conclusion of this process as well.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JimB

@horgen said:

@JimB: Ok so lets play along with the idea that the President has done nothing wrong at all. What harm is there in this impeachment process? If the President has done nothing wrong, that should be the conclusion of this process as well.

An impeachment process has to be fair and on the up and up. This is anything but fair. I want to hear all the facts and hear from the people involved like the person that started this charade and Joe Biden and Hunter Biden who are at the center of this. The Biden's have been mentioned twice by the state department witness. Also Adam Shiff is a fact witness in this and should not be the chairman.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JimB
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

You are clearly ignoring the fact that he tried to get a foreign government involved in our elections. If you're going to cover your ears and hum to avoid the truth there is no sense in talking with you.

Are ignoring the facts that the Democrats actually did get foreign governments to interfere in the 2016 election. Obama and the state department both knew of Hunter Biden's job in the Ukraine and questioned it. Investigating a crime committed by Americans in a foreign country is not a crime. You can't commit a crime run for an election and be exempt from investigation. That is pure lunacy. Speaking of foreign intervention in elections Obama spent $500,000 tax payers dollars to interfere in Israel's election for prime minister in 2015.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

An impeachment process has to be fair and on the up and up. This is anything but fair. I want to hear all the facts and hear from the people involved like the person that started this charade and Joe Biden and Hunter Biden who are at the center of this. The Biden's have been mentioned twice by the state department witness. Also Adam Shiff is a fact witness in this and should not be the chairman.

No the Biden's aren't important in determining if trump committed acts against the Constitution. Also the person that started is no longer important since they have the corroborating witnesses that are testifying and you can in fact hear them. They are abiding by laws the Republicans wanted. You're just making excuses for ignoring the facts.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:

No the Biden's aren't important in determining if trump committed acts against the Constitution. Also the person that started is no longer important since they have the corroborating witnesses that are testifying and you can in fact hear them. They are abiding by laws the Republicans wanted. You're just making excuses for ignoring the facts.

What Act did Trump commit against the Constitution?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JimB
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:

What Act did Trump commit against the Constitution?

Also when ask if they felt the President had committed the impeachable acts he his accused of they all replied no. What Trump did is not impeachable acts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@JimB: Violating the emoluments clause. And to further his misdeeds in general obstruction of justice is a crime. And you can through abuse of power in there as well. All factual but ignored by Republicans.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JimB: Violating the emoluments clause. And to further his misdeeds in general obstruction of justice is a crime. And you can through abuse of power in there as well. All factual but ignored by Republicans.

How did he violate the emoluments clause? Misdeeds lets look at all the actions of the presidents and compare misdeeds. You make general statements with no truth or facts for which you think the president violated the constitution. if you want I can show you where Obama violated the constitution along with Joe Biden if you want to go down that road.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@JimB: can you do anything without but what abouting Obama or Hilary?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Nuck81:

https://outline.com/Eb8GrV

The mentioning of Obama and other parties is showing that none of you actually care if the law is broken. Only if Trump is doing it. Which makes all of you dishonest.

The above link is 78 proven times Obama broke the law. Remember all the outrage you guys had during that? You won’t remember because it didn’t exist and you didn’t care.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator

@JimB said:
@horgen said:

If Joe or Hunter Biden are involved in corruption that would require its own investigation. This doesn't change what the witnesses has said or what the whistleblower reported.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14788 Posts

@n64dd said:

@Nuck81:

https://outline.com/Eb8GrV

The mentioning of Obama and other parties is showing that none of you actually care if the law is broken. Only if Trump is doing it. Which makes all of you dishonest.

The above link is 78 proven times Obama broke the law. Remember all the outrage you guys had during that? You won’t remember because it didn’t exist and you didn’t care.

Whataboutism. Even if those were true, it doesn't effect the current Trump issue.