If you voted for Trump, do you regret it yet?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Poll If you voted for Trump, do you regret it yet? (50 votes)

yes, I voted for him, and I already regret it 4%
yes I voted for him, and I don't regret it, he's great, he's making America great, and it would be greater if the fake news got off his back and let freedom ring 10%
no, I voted for a third party, and I regret it because Trump won 2%
no, I voted for a third party, and I don't regret it 12%
no, I'm a foreigner, but I love Trump anyways 8%
no, I'm a foreigner, and seeing Trump as president of the United States is worrisome 14%
meh, I don't like politics, it's all the same, it doesn't matter who you vote for it never changes anything 10%
I voted for Trump... no wait, I didn't vote for Trump, I won't admit to backing an idiot snake-oil salesman even if I did it, I'll forget it ever happened and make the same mistake again next time a Republican runs for office 2%
other 38%

It's only been a few months, how do you feel about how things turned out?

• 
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

How anyone who actually used critical thinking skills when evaluating a candidate could have chosen Trump is beyond reason.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

I don't like how theres no "i voted for crooked hillary" option

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I picked the "no, I'm a foreigner, and seeing Trump as president of the United States is worrisome" option.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

No, I voted for the most experienced candidate we have probably ever had. Oh well.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Contrary to popular belief, there isn't much regret from Trump supporters. Around 80% to 90% of Trump supporters still have a high approval of him.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

Yeah, I regret it. Hopefully his wall does not get built, it is a stupid waste of money. Hilary Clinton just seemed scarier because the media.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

i didn't vote and i don't regret it

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

@doomdizzle said:

I agree, these people are almost as bad.

And where is the "I wanted Sanders, and he was robbed. ALL GLORY TO THE SHOULD-BE PRESIDENT!" option?

@drunk_pi said:

Contrary to popular belief, there isn't much regret from Trump supporters. Around 80% to 90% of Trump supporters still have a high approval of him.

I've even read that some are even more resolved by his [in]actions. "Double down, don't back down" indeed!

There are a few polls that say some regret voting, and I am sure some do, but I imagine many don't; why would they, they won. America loves a winner.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@drunk_pi said:

I've even read that some are even more resolved by his [in]actions. "Double down, don't back down" indeed!

There are a few polls that say some regret voting, and I am sure some do, but I imagine many don't; why would they, they won. America loves a winner.

Doesn't many of his voters want someone who breaks the law as well?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

@horgen: I am not sure, I gave up trying to comprehend their logic, or lack of, a while ago. But yes I think that would make sense, many are very anti-government, pro-small government, "hands off my guns", that kind of thing.

You'll often hear them confusing patriotism with nationalism, and that with defying the government. It's all a little unsettling.

For the most part, yes, you are right; every time some scandal or some issue comes up where someone says Trump has broken the law or skirts the law, his defenders will usually go "Well it's a dumb law" or "we should change the law" or "that law is in the way of progress!" or some nonsense.

Typical sycophantic pro-dictator nonsense.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@horgen: I am not sure, I gave up trying to comprehend their logic, or lack of, a while ago. But yes I think that would make sense, many are very anti-government, pro-small government, "hands off my guns", that kind of thing.

You'll often hear them confusing patriotism with nationalism, and that with defying the government. It's all a little unsettling.

For the most part, yes, you are right; every time some scandal or some issue comes up where someone says Trump has broken the law or skirts the law, his defenders will usually go "Well it's a dumb law" or "we should change the law" or "that law is in the way of progress!" or some nonsense.

I guess most of them don't realize why those laws are there in the first place.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@horgen said:

I guess most of them don't realize why those laws are there in the first place.

If what the psychologists state about the appeal of a strong man candidates holds true, then whether or not they understand the reason for those laws is irrelevant. It is more about the man and the persona he projects than policy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

@doomdizzle said:

yeah, I was like "oh damn, can't edit polls" =(

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

Yes, I voted for Trump.

No, I don't regret it.

I threw my Molotov cocktail at the Washington DC establishment. I see a little bit of fire still. Lots of smoke too. Just wish the conflagration would ignite and consume the entire establishment.

Our federal government is the greatest threat to our personal liberty in existence today. There is no hope of fixing it. The only hope is to bring about its utter failure, and rebuild anew.

Trump is no messiah. He's the wrench in the gears.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I put Other, I voted for Hillary, who was more experienced and would have continued to lead the country forward. It turns out she was the less "crooked" option.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

Yeah, I regret it. Hopefully his wall does not get built, it is a stupid waste of money. Hilary Clinton just seemed scarier because the media.

This is a surprising bit of honesty, good on you.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

You're trying to get Trump supporters to say they regret voting for him based on his actions, but you are looking at it through the eyes of someone that already hated Trump (pretty obvious from your poll choices) and are watching him trying to put things in place that you were against from the start. However, your average Trump supporter isn't going to regret their vote for several reasons.

One, some of the things he wants to put in place haven't been done not because of him not trying, but because of politicians resisting the bills, or in the case of the travel restrictions, judges blocking the orders for what his supporters feel was based on political opposition and not actual violations of the law, or in the case of the wall (which I disagree with), being forced to drop it temporarily in order to prevent a government shutdown.

Two, while a lot of the stuff that the media reports on him that is negative is true (such as Conway putting her foot in her mouth everytime she is in front of a camera), some media sources also go out of their way to make him look even worse.

Take, for example, the media sources that took his already controversal statement about some illegal aliens from Mexico being rapists and killers, and reworded it so it sounded like he said ALL Mexicans are those things. Or when some reporters implied that Vladimir Putin ordered Syria to do the gas attack in order for Trump to bomb them in retaliation to bring doubt to him being a Russian puppet.

That, along with praising Hillary Clinton as the most qualified person ever to run while ignoring her controversies and leaking debate questions to her makes them think they have an agenda that they need to resist.

Then, when Hollywood, the media, and others spend months telling Trump supporters that they are stupid for not thinking the way they want them to think, and people are claiming that all Trump supporters are racist, bigoted morons, and of course you are going to get the majority of them resisting and saying that they are happy that Trump is in place and making liberals lose their minds.

Also, based on your questions, you are assuming that Trump supporters are all or nothing with everything he wants to pass. Like most people, I have things about him that I agree with, and things about him I disagree with.

I agree with stronger enforcement of immigration law. I disagree with wasting billions building a wall coyotes and drug runners will find a way around.

I agree with the idea of taking care of veterans. While I am not a fan of abortion, I disagree in attempting to stack the Supreme Court with justices that will overturn Roe v Wade because it will just lead to illegal, back alley abortions.

Most of the people here wanted Hillary Clinton to win, despite her history of opposing violent video games, because they thought she was a better choice than President Trump. No politician is going to do everything you agree with, you just have to find the one that you agree with the most.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@collegeboy64: dude...no.

You would not have a united states I'd you had no federal government.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLA_VPMsUg

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I did not vote for Trump and am still relieved that Hillary is not our president.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

I did not vote for Trump and am still relieved that Hillary is not our president.

Oh im not.

I couldn't support Hillary or Trump and if we were to do this over again i'd still take the same position i did before. Which was that we have an oligarchy, not democracy and that is what needs to be addressed. Voting for either of these people just continues that. But when the election was going on, i really didnt see much of a difference between the two. Obviously in certain areas one would be worse than the other, and i felt a lot of things we heard about Trump was hyperbolic rhetoric. I saw him as another Bush, a blank canvas that had no idea wtf he was doing but would be lead by pro-corporate people behind the scenes. The difference between him and Hillary here is that Hillary is smart enough to do this on her own. She does not need the people behind the curtain. Of course with both of these people, none of our real problems that 80% of the nation faces, will be addressed.

Im going to shorten this up a bit..... So at the end of the day Trump was way worse than i expected. I expected the wall and ban thing to be dropped as they traditionally are with republicans once elected. I never saw him aligning himself with the ultra religious right the way he has. I never saw the actual fascism coming. But again, the only thing i would have changed if i had to do it all over again and knew these things, was i would not have fought against Hillary as much as i did. I still could not vote for her, but to suggest Trump was the better of the two options at this point is kind of stupid.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Feel sorry for those who voted for this crazy ass. What a waste of an election.

Erebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By Erebus
Member since 2003 • 1331 Posts

@tjandmia said:

How anyone who actually used critical thinking skills when evaluating a candidate could have chosen Trump is beyond reason.

They don't understand politics and confused it for American Idol.... basically. Ignorance, not a lack of intelligence, won Trump the presidency. If congressional heads don't roll in 2018, I will retract my statement -- but they will.

@doomdizzle said:

Also, this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@dreman999 said:

@collegeboy64: dude...no.

You would not have a united states I'd you had no federal government.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLA_VPMsUg

Guess you missed the "rebuild anew" part of my post.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Are you on something?

If Trump as president broke any law, he would have been subject to any legal action that can be taken against him. IE impeachment proceedings.

If you are talking about civil lawsuits before he was elected, that is not actually breaking any laws, it´s civil dispute.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

From all the Trump voters I've met in real life (not some anonymous poll), they all seem pretty ecstatic for a second term. I think the consensus is two-term Trump is already inevitable because of how good of a job he's doing.

After voter ID laws are put in place, it's not like the dems have a chance to win anymore anyways. I hear Wisconsin just put up voter ID laws and lost 300,000 demo votes. Wouldn't be surprised if California loses millions of votes.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I proudly voted for Crooked Hillary. When do we start the "Lock HIM up" chant? Lol....

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Are you on something?

If Trump as president broke any law, he would have been subject to any legal action that can be taken against him. IE impeachment proceedings.

If you are talking about civil lawsuits before he was elected, that is not actually breaking any laws, it´s civil dispute.

Always :D I am a hippie liberal scum of the earth, after all

But no, this is only concerning hypotheticals, i.e. "hey what if Trump did this?" You know we (me and a Trump supporter friend, or a conservative friend, or someone playing Devil's advocate) will talk about something like what if there was a terrorist and Trump wanted to break some law to get information from him, would everyone rally behind him and would that suddenly make it OK.

That's what I'm talking about.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Are you on something?

Always :D I am a hippie liberal scum of the earth, after all

But no, this is only concerning hypotheticals, i.e. "hey what if Trump did this?" You know we (me and a Trump supporter friend, or a conservative friend, or someone playing Devil's advocate) will talk about something like what if there was a terrorist and Trump wanted to break some law to get information from him, would everyone rally behind him and would that suddenly make it OK.

That's what I'm talking about.

Ahh good, can you share then :)

And ok, and ya most would probably be behind him, conservatives are not known for being tree-huggers and all life as precious-spokespeople.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

What's concerning is that Trump ran on a platform of (as you say) anti-government, anti-establishment populism. If this election's indicative of anything, it's of colossal frustration. How can America function when there's so many out there who see it so far beyond repair (as exemplified by a post in this thread) as to wish for its fall, so much so that they vote in someone like Trump only to spite? And how can he and his administration be held accountable when many of his voters elected him from the desire for that destruction? He breaks the law and they're going to stand by him either actively or enabled complacently, because it's why they voted for him in the first place.

I'd like to believe those in our government in power who still do care about this country will step up to their responsibility when (if) Trump crosses that line, but they themselves are proving incapable (or unwilling) in their partisanship to be able to even delineate it, backed by many constituents enveloped in utter apathy and disgust. When so many despise and distrust their government so badly, that's prime pickings for an manipulative authoritarian to come in and sweep up such discontent to leverage for their own gains under the promise of a populist wave of renewal, which is precisely what Trump's done.

Those who voted for him to "burn it down" or "drain the swamp" naively believe he won't become part of the establishment he so proclaims to revile, and a new era of political utopia will miraculously arise from the ashes of his wrecking ball after he's done.....the Constitution reborn anew, the American ideal revived.....which is complete nonsense. The Constitution already exists as does the ideal. Just because America's imperfect doesn't mean it isn't worth bettering, and it's depressing there's so many out there that are willing to vote for its end because they're so fed up.

That's the hardest thing about Trump's election for me: it's the demonstration of the loss of hope for something that may be far from ideal, but is still worth fighting for.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Not a great poll if by far most people voted Other. But still a good topic, I can't believe Trump supporters are hanging onto their clown.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I lean right and I voted for Hillary Clinton. I detest Hillary Clinton - so you can deduce my thoughts on Trump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Proud to say I supported john kasich in the primary and voted Hilary Clinton in the general election

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#33 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Not even close. This is a glorious timeline.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@dark_drag765 said:

This is a surprising bit of honesty, good on you.

Thanks, it does not feel good. It feels like a confession. Trump seems obsessed with the news media and the news media seems obsessed with him. I just hope the under-aged rape is false. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjQ6tP5_PnTAhXGTSYKHazFB9QQFggiMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Famericas%2Fdonald-trump-rape-accusation-underage-girl-claim-what-happened-sexual-assault-allegation-a7354111.html&usg=AFQjCNHr5-SZXo5h3n4wrjUNB42IPJc5QA kinda messes with my conscious.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

Didnt vote for him and knew he was an epic dusche bag from the get-go. That said, i didnt like Hillary and wasn't going to vote her either. I dont regret deciding not to vote. This state's electoral votes would go to Hillary anyway.

I'll tell you what though, i'm far more concerned right now with the issues in Korea than anything related to Trump.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

I put Other, I voted for Hillary, who was more experienced and would have continued to lead the country forward. It turns out she was the less "crooked" option.

Less crocked? When she dies they will screw her into the ground with a pipe wrench.