Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

The enrolment would decline because they’d be the same as everyone else. Most, not all do it for attention both negative & positive they normally don’t get.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

I blame tik tok

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

What about the ones that have their parents push it on them because THEY want the attention?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

Umm... Thanks for that insight.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

Oooh boy, this thread is going places.

*but I suppose, for the sake of debate, I can contribute something constructive.

@Skarwolf said:

...Most, not all do it for attention both negative & positive...

No, they really don't.

First, most actually do not want attention. A recent study I read (I"ll try to find the link later) showed that most would actually prefer to be left alone than to garner attention. What they do seek is acceptance, however.

With that said, there are for better or worse some incidental things that do bring it to people's attention more than other things:

• Physical differences. A 6'1" trans woman with narrow hips, a deep voice, and broad shoulders dressed in a skirt is going to draw attention no matter what. However, I don't think it's correct to ask these folks to hide, so whatever...just deal with it I guess.
  • Communication. People gossip, including family members and friends. I think when a transgender person communicates what they are going through to a loved one (something they should do for support, or to just address it), these people will gossip. Friends will notice. Word will spread. Suddenly hundreds of people are talking about this transgender person because apparently it's a big deal?
  • LGBTQ folks are essentially twice as likely to have a mental health condition compared to heterosexual people. This is often due to environmental conditions (stress, bullying, abuse, etc) but there can also be conditions such as ADHD, bipolar disorder, and so on. These tend to draw attention regardless of whether someone is LGBTQ or heterosexual.
  • Change. I've spoken to a few trans people, and the one thing I"ve gathered from it all is that they are on a journey; it's less about the destination, more about finding out who they are. Most were hetero, then gay, then pansexual, then non-binary or trans or something. As you go through these changes, it's going to attract attention. Freshman year in high school maybe you're seen dating boys, then you come back sophomore year and you're dating girls, then when you graduate maybe you're identifying as non-binary and dating both...I don't know. But it does tend to gain attention.
  • Acceptance. Trans people are making inroads, but the going is tough. As a result, they need their activists, and activists can often get in your face about it. But what else is new? Every side has activists. We have anti-fossil fuel activists throwing soup at paintings. We have far-right activists storming political offices and the FBI offices. We have trans activists screaming at people. But for some reason you have a problem with the trans folks? Smells like bigotry...if it was simple annoyance, you could just ignore it, but maybe you just don't like them?

Either way, at the end of the day...why do you care? Just ignore it. I live in the SF Bay Area and I've yet to have someone come up in my face with pink hair, a bushel of cats, and scream at me like the far right thinks happens on a daily basis.

Maybe stop watching the news, Reddit, Instagram, etc. and read a variety of sources and more importantly, some actual studies with data.

@eoten said:

What about the ones that have their parents push it on them because THEY want the attention?

Right, right, because that's such a huge and common problem. Just like critical race theory! GRRRRRR those damn liberals! lol

C'mon man, it's a non-issue and part of the fake culture war. Do better.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 InEMplease

@mrbojangles25: south

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25

@girlusocrazy said:

Only if it would be separate but equal

Yes, this has totally worked in the past, too😋

@InEMplease said:

@mrbojangles25: south

Well, the south is where shit like this would actually stand a chance...so maybe

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8179 Posts

The whole trans kids thing is absurd. It's being promoted and accepted as healthy. Telling kids when their brain isn't fully developed that they can be a boy or girl, it's up to them, its wrong.

You can't convince me these kids are all born this way, they are influenced. Product of their environment.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

What if they made a school for inbreds?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

@Skarwolf said:

Most, not all do it for attention both negative & positive they normally don’t get.

[citation needed]

(but not expected)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@warmblur said:

Would they all be named Johnson?

Loading Video...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Why would people want their kids to join an intentionally segregated school?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

No. If they should do anything like that it’s in physical competitive sports.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

Do you know trans people? No one would want the attention they receive from my experience.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23886 Posts

First of all? Why is a low effort, random thought of the day topic like this still up? Not to mention it is blatantly false. There is more than enough research done on transfolks. To show it is neurological, not a desire for attention.

Second? Why is culture fixated on these non issues? There are culture wars topics worth discussing, Transgender folks is not one of them and I mean it: There are aspects of our culture that may result in existential threats... and culture warriors are too obsessed with Robin identifying as a Girl and prefering feminine pronouns.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@warmblur said:

Would they all be named Johnson?

Loading Video...

LMAO

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Well, regardless of the solution, I think the number 1 metric for improvement would be seeing the number of suicides decline among people who identify as trans.

I know this thread was made as an insensitive joke, but maybe you're on to something. If kids could grow up in an environment where they aren't told that the way they feel is wrong, maybe they would be happier.

We should just make every institution an accepting place for trans people.

There's literally no downside unless you are an insufferable piece of shit and you feel the need to control how others feel.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

What if they made a high-school for only stoooopid trolls?

Or jocks only?

Or for only left handed little people?

Or only for potential/at risk school shooters?

The possibilities are endless.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Skarwolf

@comp_atkins: my opinion

Citation not required

Blue haired troglodyte

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

These people should be given mental health counseling, not a new high school.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eoten

@mrbojangles25 said:

*but I suppose, for the sake of debate, I can contribute something constructive.

@Skarwolf said:

No, they really don't.

First, most actually do not want attention. A recent study I read (I"ll try to find the link later) showed that most would actually prefer to be left alone than to garner attention. What they do seek is acceptance, however.

With that said, there are for better or worse some incidental things that do bring it to people's attention more than other things:

• Physical differences. A 6'1" trans woman with narrow hips, a deep voice, and broad shoulders dressed in a skirt is going to draw attention no matter what. However, I don't think it's correct to ask these folks to hide, so whatever...just deal with it I guess.
  • Communication. People gossip, including family members and friends. I think when a transgender person communicates what they are going through to a loved one (something they should do for support, or to just address it), these people will gossip. Friends will notice. Word will spread. Suddenly hundreds of people are talking about this transgender person because apparently it's a big deal?
  • LGBTQ folks are essentially twice as likely to have a mental health condition compared to heterosexual people. This is often due to environmental conditions (stress, bullying, abuse, etc) but there can also be conditions such as ADHD, bipolar disorder, and so on. These tend to draw attention regardless of whether someone is LGBTQ or heterosexual.
  • Change. I've spoken to a few trans people, and the one thing I"ve gathered from it all is that they are on a journey; it's less about the destination, more about finding out who they are. Most were hetero, then gay, then pansexual, then non-binary or trans or something. As you go through these changes, it's going to attract attention. Freshman year in high school maybe you're seen dating boys, then you come back sophomore year and you're dating girls, then when you graduate maybe you're identifying as non-binary and dating both...I don't know. But it does tend to gain attention.
  • Acceptance. Trans people are making inroads, but the going is tough. As a result, they need their activists, and activists can often get in your face about it. But what else is new? Every side has activists. We have anti-fossil fuel activists throwing soup at paintings. We have far-right activists storming political offices and the FBI offices. We have trans activists screaming at people. But for some reason you have a problem with the trans folks? Smells like bigotry...if it was simple annoyance, you could just ignore it, but maybe you just don't like them?

Either way, at the end of the day...why do you care? Just ignore it. I live in the SF Bay Area and I've yet to have someone come up in my face with pink hair, a bushel of cats, and scream at me like the far right thinks happens on a daily basis.

Maybe stop watching the news, Reddit, Instagram, etc. and read a variety of sources and more importantly, some actual studies with data.

@eoten said:

Right, right, because that's such a huge and common problem. Just like critical race theory! GRRRRRR those damn liberals! lol

It's child abuse, and pretending it doesn't happen because it doesn't look good for you people who push this crap on children is even worse.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@eoten said:

Lol troll!!

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InEMplease
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Skarwolf said:

No, they really don't.

@eoten said:

It's child abuse, and pretending it doesn't happen because it doesn't look good for you people who push this crap on children is even worse.

The only child abuse is the draconian laws they're trying to pass because apparently the republican agenda is to just make everyone as miserable as possible.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrbojangles25

@eoten: look, there are some terrible people out there, and in this world a lot of things can happen and do happen.

But does it happen to the degree you say or think it does? Is it a trend we need to worry about?

No.

You people flip out because you're told something by the media or you see one video of a trans person doing a striptease for 10 year olds and you think it's the norm, when really it's the exception.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

@Skarwolf said:

Most, not all do it for attention both negative & positive they normally don’t get.

Politics/Religion is always in need to keep things simple, not really interested in the mechanisms.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00060/full

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25

@InEMplease said:

The only child abuse is the draconian laws they're trying to pass because apparently the republican agenda is to just make everyone as miserable as possible.

It really does sort of seem like they are going that way.

I Just don't know why. Their policies or overwhelmingly unpopular. A shame we let the christofascists and far-right con artists dictate the direction of this country, and lie to people about the extent of stuff that frankly they should just let happen.

You don't have to like it, but if it doesn't harm you, maybe just sit it out, you know? Trans people exist, have existed for a while, have maybe always existed.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 InEMplease

@mrbojangles25 said:
@InEMplease said:

It really does sort of seem like they are going that way.

I Just don't know why. Their policies or overwhelmingly unpopular. A shame we let the christofascists and far-right con artists dictate the direction of this country, and lie to people about the extent of stuff that frankly they should just let happen.

You don't have to like it, but if it doesn't harm you, maybe just sit it out, you know? Trans people exist, have existed for a while, have maybe always existed.

For them cruelty is the point. It is frightening how cruel they can be for no reason. These children mean nothing to them beside a political angle, something to demonize. Terrible.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts
@Skarwolf said:

@comp_atkins: my opinion

Citation not required

Blue haired troglodyte

hair.

i should be so lucky.

also, damn, when they were handing out opinions, you must have been off taking a leak

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 JimB  Online
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@InEMplease said:
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Skarwolf said:

No, they really don't.

@eoten said:

That is the Liberal play book.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eoten

@mrbojangles25 said:

@eoten: look, there are some terrible people out there, and in this world a lot of things can happen and do happen.

But does it happen to the degree you say or think it does? Is it a trend we need to worry about?

No.

You people flip out because you're told something by the media or you see one video of a trans person doing a striptease for 10 year olds and you think it's the norm, when really it's the exception.

When someone not even reaching puberty is claiming to be transgender, often yes, it is coercion by the parents or teachers. Secondly, I've seen several kids believe they were a lot of things one week, and something else the next, so it's no excuse to perform irreversible, permanent, life altering surgery that denies them any possibility at a normal life when they're simply too young to know what is going on. So that shit really needs to stop, and people like you need to stop defending it, it's child abuse.

Tell me, have any of you even called out or criticized the striptease for 10 year olds? No? You've tried to normalize it, tried saying it was okay, being inclusive, and saying no would have been transphobic. You enable this shit, and much much worse with your intellectual weakness to see past your own agendas.

It's good to see states coming down on this crap, and hopefully save more children from permanent harm caused by this extremism.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Maroxad
@girlusocrazy said:

@Maroxad: Yeah it's not a good look

For sure, I don't oppose culture wars. But people are always taking the weirdest fronts. Instead of fuzzing about culture wars designed to marginalize minorities. We should look at culture wars that challenge certain ideas, that have a real tangible consequences to society.

• Ivyin Ilyin's Christofascism and Lev Gumilev's Marxist geopolitical ideas being directly responsible for the Ukraine War
  • Honor Cultures leading to honor killings, murders, suicides and generational disputes
  • The Sunni/Shia conflict responsible for currently ongoing genocides, and potentially a war real soon
  • Unhealthy choices being subsidized by governments at the expense of the actually healthy alternatives
  • Carl Schmidt's delusions on geopolitics informing the lunacy of both the far left and far right
  • Rampant anti-intellectualism and disregard for reality in favor of easy to swallow narratives (as we see in the OP)

Regarding the last point, would it really have killed the TC to do a minute of research on the topic before hitting the New Topic button? Here let me do it for them,

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/research-on-the-transgender-brain-what-you-should-know/

Jokes arent funny if they reasoning is rooted in an obvious falsehood.

Edit: And of COURSE Eoten is lying as usual. Which again, he would have known had he done a shred of research, and by that I mean, getting his information from academic sources, not pundits on social media.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

No.

When someone not even reaching puberty is claiming to be transgender, often yes, it is coercion by the parents or teachers. Secondly, I've seen several kids believe they were a lot of things one week, and something else the next, so it's no excuse to perform irreversible, permanent, life altering surgery that denies them any possibility at a normal life when they're simply too young to know what is going on. So that shit really needs to stop, and people like you need to stop defending it, it's child abuse.

I don't disagree with what you wrote, and I don't defend it. Never have.

But you can be transgender and not have surgery and/or hormone therapy. I think letting kids find out for themselves, provided they don't make irreparable changes to their body, is more or less harmless.

@eoten said:

Tell me, have any of you even called out or criticized the striptease for 10 year olds? No? You've tried to normalize it, tried saying it was okay, being inclusive, and saying no would have been transphobic. You enable this shit, and much much worse with your intellectual weakness to see past your own agendas.

Actually I have criticized it; I think it was pretty terrible what happened. I would never normalize it and neither would anyone I know.

But I also don't accept it as the norm, because it isn't. And I'm not going to base my decisions based on an exception.

I think that is where we might disagree. I see something as the exception, you see it as the norm. For someone that always accuses people of falling prey to corporate media, you really seem to fall prey to corporate media.

I'm not going to live my life or vote or treat other people based on the worst aspects of ourselves because I don't think that is a fair representation of society. Laugh all you want, but I really am a moderate by most standards, and an optimist and at least half of occasions 😁

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@Maroxad: It's driven in large part by coalition politics. In a two party system one party is a large made up of many interests, and this is the top priority of one of those interests.

It doesn't mean the party isn't working towards other interests as well (it obviously is).

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Skarwolf

I see plenty of labels thrown around here based on personal bias. Oh I don’t like that opinion they must be alt right Republican or vice versa. Very unintelligent & basically makes your entire opinion worthless.

That being said my point stands.

The reality for these people is you are a MINORITY. The majority of the world does not agree with the trans or gay lifestyle. I personally respect their right to live the way they want to although I don’t agree with it I don’t condone violence against anyone.

However most of the world outside of your microcosm of friends would more then likely murder or assault you for being that way. That is the reality. No it isn’t being transphobic I don’t fear them more of a pity to be honest. Also I’m not American so Republican label doesn’t apply

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Maroxad
@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: It's driven in large part by coalition politics. In a two party system one party is a large made up of many interests, and this is the top priority of one of those interests.

It doesn't mean the party isn't working towards other interests as well (it obviously is).

Yup, and the existance of transgender folks is a lot easier to communicate and has a much lower "skill floor" than topics that require say... a reasonable understanding of Russian or Middle Eastern History, health or engineering.

It much less technical, which also means it much more easily elicts a response.

Of course, having a decent understanding of transgender identities is a lot harder, but forming an opinion is easy (such as we saw with the OP).

Edit: That said, Transgender topics can be interesting in actual academic circles. Since through this thoroughly explores a lot of advanced scientific topics such as neurology and genetics. When you talk to people who have a decent grasp of genetics, the X and Y chromosome rhetoric has very little merit. The rabbit hole goes deep, but in the political arena the depth of the rabbit hole stays at surface level. The fact that we are seeing the ridicilous narrative that people are doing it for attention, shows jus how detached this conversation is from reality.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Transgenderism is a social phenomenon that we don't truly understand so to make an assumption like that is ignorant.

Many people have different reasons to why their transgender.

Possibilities:

Prenatal development (chemical exposure with unintended consequences).

Grooming. Not understanding abstract social concepts. This is why autistic people are the most affected by it because they cannot fully understand the social structure of it and the feelings that they express. This is not to say autism causes transgenderism, just that they are more susceptible to it. This is for the same reason pedophilia is prevalent among autistic people because of that disconnect with social norms.

To add onto grooming. Websites sell black market HTR and many moderators on discord use it to groom teenagers into taking them so they can send them "trap pictures." I can name a few websites but I won't name them here. They are very easy to get. I myself was groomed this way too but I didn't go the route of HTR like some.

The definition of gender has change to distinguish itself from sex. Gender is social construct and a form of expression which makes it different from gender dysphoria. This is a cultural phenomenon in that gender is not binary and can be expressed in many different forms.

Porn addiction. You can't deny that porn addiction plays a role in people's taste of others and themselves. There is a hypno community with the intent to feminize men and boys into becoming females. It's more of a fetish but some make it their lifestyle.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eoten

It seems voters also believe it has gone way too far promoting this to children.

https://www.summit.org/poll-transgender-agenda-amongst-youth/