Huge round of applause for your new justice Amy Coney Barrett!

• 151 results
BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Brilliant judge with a record few if any could match.

Notorious ACB will not only uphold our Constitution but help put an end to abortions. So get on your feet, place your right hand over your heart and repeat after me!.....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the incredible United States of America, and to the wonderful republic for which it stands, one glorious nation under all mighty God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

You maybe seated.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Ironically, it's the alleged woman drugging, gang raping justice that will ensure nothing happens to abortions. He won't touch Roe v. Wade, and neither will most of the other justices. It would be an uphill battle.

However, another point of irony is a woman named Barrett is going to protect our second amendment rights. There will be more split votes when it comes to gun control. I think we will see red flag laws start to be challenged, as well as checking the ATF's power on making bans without proper legislation.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: their does need to be clear red flag laws. but each state has their own patch work.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vl4d_l3nin

@firedrakes said:

@vl4d_l3nin: their does need to be clear red flag laws. but each state has their own patch work.

No, red flag laws are designed not to be clear. They are inherently opaque and left to the subjective whims of judges and law enforcement.

Every state needs to follow Oklahoma with legislation to prevent red flag laws.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Great appointment Trump! As per usual - good job!

Trump 2020!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Ironically, it's the alleged woman drugging, gang raping justice that will ensure nothing happens to abortions. He won't touch Roe v. Wade, and neither will most of the other justices. It would be an uphill battle.

However, another point of irony is a woman named Barrett is going to protect our second amendment rights. There will be more split votes when it comes to gun control. I think we will see red flag laws start to be challenged, as well as checking the ATF's power on making bans without proper legislation.

There are some challenges to assault weapons bans making their way up the court, and by most peoples definition, these are unconstitutional as they exist to ban firearms based on how suitable they are for hunting. The 2A clearly has nothing to do with hunting, and has everything to do with protection and limiting weapons to fixed magazines, or certain capacities absolutely diminishes their effectiveness at what the 2A was written for. So, it'll be nice to see those thrown out.

Some states or cities have a virtually de facto handgun ban. Chicago for example it costs something like $600 in "filing fees" just to get a permit, ensuring that low income households, largely minorities, which happen to be the most likely victims, cannot protect themselves. These speed bumps designed to harm people should be challenged as well.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Are the republicans going to get all the rulings they been wanting now? They have nobody to blame now.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eoten

@narlymech said:

Are the republicans going to get all the rulings they been wanting now? They have nobody to blame now.

The only rulings any "republicans" or people on the right want are those that actually uphold the constitution, and written laws that do not violate it. If you want activists that will make or remove laws based on what they feel is best, you may want to look elsewhere.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Why would anyone want to put an end to abortions? There are plenty of reasons why it is much more ethical to have an abortion than to go ahead with an unplanned pregnancy. Get back in your time machine if you think that’s a good plan.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By narlymech

@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

The only rulings any "republicans" or people on the right want are those that actually uphold the constitution, and written laws that do not violate it. If you want activists that will make or remove laws based on what they feel is best, you may want to look elsewhere.

Whatever. I thought they were all clamoring about ending abortion rights and obamacare. You cant be serious that they have even read the constitution or have a clue whats in it other than the 2nd ammendment.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sevenizz

@ratchetclank92: Maybe because everyone doesn’t support murder? Crazy, I know.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eoten

@narlymech said:
@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

Whatever. I thought they were all clamoring about ending abortion rights and obamacare.

No, that's what the left has been crying would happen. And you mean abortion laws, as I don't see how one could consider the practice a "right." If it's thrown out by the court it'll be for violating the right to live for those killed in the process.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eoten
@ratchetclank92 said:

Why would anyone want to put an end to abortions? There are plenty of reasons why it is much more ethical to have an abortion than to go ahead with an unplanned pregnancy. Get back in your time machine if you think that’s a good plan.

You're saying it's more ethical to kill a child, than to what? Have them grow up with foster parents? Or live with a disability? Gee, maybe we should just euthanize those with mental disabilities like the Nazis did? And you cannot give a good reason besides health reasons anyway.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By narlymech

@eoten said:
@narlymech said:
@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

Whatever. I thought they were all clamoring about ending abortion rights and obamacare.

No, that's what the left has been crying would happen. And you mean abortion laws, as I don't see how one could consider the practice a "right." If it's thrown out by the court it'll be for violating the right to live for those killed in the process.

Well, you keep trying legaleeze. Do you really think more than 1% of the population has any clue whats in the constitution, which is legaleeze itself?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

I for one cannot wait for the SC to uphold the 2nd Amendment to the well regulated militia.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@firedrakes said:

No, red flag laws are designed not to be clear. They are inherently opaque and left to the subjective whims of judges and law enforcement.

what you saying is if people get affected with bad drug combo from doc. their allowed to have guns or mental un stable.....

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackShirt20

@ratchetclank92: While Hitler would agree with you. I don’t know anyone with a rational working brain that truly feels murdering people is ethical because you failed to take proper precautions and or engaging in an active that results in multiplying.

We live in a beautiful country where everyone has equal opportunity. Granted this doesn’t translate to equal outcomes, but everyone has a chance to be successful in this wonderful nation.

Buckle up lefties, we are just getting started! 4 more years BABY.......TRUMP 2020!!!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@BlackShirt20 said:

@ratchetclank92: While Hitler would agree with you. I don’t know anyone with a rational working brain that truly feels murdering people is ethical because you failed to take proper precautions and or engaging in an active that results in multiplying.

We live in a beautiful country where everyone has equal opportunity. Granted this doesn’t translate to equal outcomes, but everyone has a chance to be successful in this wonderful nation.

Buckle up lefties, we are just getting started! 4 more years BABY.......TRUMP 2020!!!!

If the Republicans had confidence in the 2020 election they would not have pushed this appointment through...........

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@eoten: explain this to me: why is it only liberal judges legislate from the bench but conservatives are strictly beholden to the law and absent all ideological bias?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I don't understand pro-lifers especially woman ones I guess having options is a bad thing somehow. Nothing like raising a kid that you had by your rapist for the rest of your life yay!! or how about a baby with severe health issues that you have to take care for the rest of your life yay? nothing like the right wingers to set back time to the 1950's.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

I for one cannot wait for the SC to uphold the 2nd Amendment to the well regulated militia.

They already ruled on that, and sided with the founding fathers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:

They didn't side with the founding fathers. History should not be ignored. Well if that's true then I guess they aren't going to change any other previously ruled on cases.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eoten

@firedrakes said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:
@firedrakes said:

what you saying is if people get affected with bad drug combo from doc. their allowed to have guns or mental un stable.....

Read the fifth amendment to the US constitution.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlackShirt20

@LJS9502_basic: You think so huh? You think this is uncommon? I mean the media might push that agenda, but we have pushed 29 justices through in an election year. There are important rulings coming up and it’s potentially damaging to the country (on either side) to only have 8 justices rule. Now the supreme Court was never intended have this much power but over the last 30 years democrats have adjusted bills to give judges around the country unconstitutional power.

I can’t think of a better justice to replace Ruth other then Notorious ACB. She was my pick to replace Antonin Scalia. Gorsuch I had a bad feeling about. He has been weak on rulings. Justice Kavanaugh has been lights out perfect on his SCOTUS rulings thus far as the Constitution is written. I think notorious ACB, will follow suit. We will overturn Obamacare, end Abortions and reaffirm our second amendment.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@BlackShirt20 said:

@LJS9502_basic: You think so huh? You think this is uncommon? I mean the media might push that agenda, but we have pushed 29 justices through in an election year. There are important rulings coming up and it’s potentially damaging to the country (on either side) to only have 8 justices rule. Now the supreme Court was never intended have this much power but over the last 30 years democrats have adjusted bills to give judges around the country unconstitutional power.

I can’t think of a better justice to replace Ruth other then Notorious ACB. She was my pick to replace Antonin Scalia. Gorsuch I had a bad feeling about. He has been weak on rulings. Justice Kavanaugh has been lights out perfect on his SCOTUS rulings thus far as the Constitution is written. I think notorious ACB, will follow suit. We will overturn Obamacare, end Abortions and reaffirm our second amendment.

Of course I think so. But now the GOP has a problem. If they don't do something about abortion they can't wave it around for votes. If they do something about abortion they will lose votes. Interesting conundrum.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sevenizz

@warmblur: ‘I don't understand pro-lifers especially woman ones I guess having options is a bad thing somehow.’

Not everyone supports the murder of a human life - especially women.

‘Nothing like raising a kid that you had by your rapist for the rest of your life yay!!’

Then give it up for adoption? What did the baby do to deserve murder?

‘or how about a baby with severe health issues that you have to take care for the rest of your life yay?’

Ask a parent of a disabled child if they’d rather of murdered their child - let me know what they come back with.

‘nothing like the right wingers to set back time to the 1950's.’

A different era has nothing to do with making murder more palatable.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

They didn't side with the founding fathers. History should not be ignored. Well if that's true then I guess they aren't going to change any other previously ruled on cases.

10 quotes on the second amendment by the founders. You're going to tell me you know more about what the 2A means than the people who wrote it?

1. “The Constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams
  2. “…arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside… Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them….” – Thomas Paine
  3. “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…”- Richard Henry Lee
  4. “The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.” – Noah Webster
  5. “A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.” – George Washington
  6. “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson
  7. “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson
  8. “I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.” – George Mason
  9. “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …” – Richard Henry Lee
  10. “The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”- Zachariah Johnson
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@eoten: One we're talking about the Constitutional Amendments and not extraneous comments.........and second.........several of your quotes are about the militia. Now if you studied history you would know that those citizens had to train on weekends.........in a well regulated militia. FACTS!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:

@eoten: One we're talking about the Constitutional Amendments and not extraneous comments.........and second.........several of your quotes are about the militia. Now if you studied history you would know that those citizens had to train on weekends.........in a well regulated militia. FACTS!

Supreme court has always used public statements and official publications from the founders when ruling on cases. And you're trying to make the claim that none of the founders comments describing why the 2A exists should be considered when ruling on it's meaning? Well, what you are suggesting is something an activist judge may do, but not one who correctly does their job as a Supreme Court justice.

Clearly, the founders were not discussing the national guard, as is the usual myth circulated by the left on the subject but you can clearly see the founding fathers of the United States of America would disagree with that. The quotes if you actually read them tell you who and what the militia is. Could you be any more wrong? LMFAO

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Supreme court has always used public statements and official publications from the founders when ruling on cases. And you're trying to make the claim that none of the founders comments describing why the 2A exists should be considered when ruling on it's meaning? Well, what you are suggesting is something an activist judge may do, but not one who correctly does their job as a Supreme Court justice.

Clearly, the founders were not discussing the national guard, as is the usual myth circulated by the left on the subject but you can clearly see the founding fathers of the United States of America would disagree with that. The quotes if you actually read them tell you who and what the militia is. Could you be any more wrong? LMFAO

If they didn't intend for a well regulated militia they wouldn't have put that in there. PERIOD. You can't have it both ways. You either follow the Constitution or not.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If they didn't intend for a well regulated militia they wouldn't have put that in there. PERIOD. You can't have it both ways. You either follow the Constitution or not.

It's called a prefatory cause, it outlines the the reason, and why it is important for all people to possess arms. And there are dozens of quotes out there by the founders for you to ignore that explicitly state the "militia" is the people themselves.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's called a prefatory cause, it outlines the the reason, and why it is important for all people to possess arms. And there are dozens of quotes out there by the founders for you to ignore that explicitly state the "militia" is the people themselves.

As a well regulated militia. They did not to include that clause. And as I stated those individuals did indeed drill weekends. They were a militia. They were well regulated. Nothing you can say changes that.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 narlymech

We have a pretty powerful cops and military now, im not sure what militia does now except egg on race wars and rob liquor stores these days

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

As a well regulated militia. They did not to include that clause. And as I stated those individuals did indeed drill weekends. They were a militia. They were well regulated. Nothing you can say changes that.

Again, read the quotes. The founders tell you exactly what it means and that's why the Supreme Court, made up of people far more educated on the subject than you could ever hope to be, have ruled the way they have on the right to own guns. Here, I'll give you some more that you're not going to read. Here's one that is absolutely to the point that you will completely ignore.

George Mason: “I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.” (Elliott, Debates, 425-426)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,'" [...] "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right."

- Lindsey Graham, 2016.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eoten

@netracing said:

"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,'" [...] "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right."

- Lindsey Graham, 2016.

Well, if Democrats weren't so intolerable to the American voter that the 2018 election gave republican's even more seats in the Senate, maybe the dems could do something about it. Also, republicans have straight up said that after what the dems did to Kavanaugh, they no longer deserve any such courtesy. In fact, he's a big reason why republicans picked up seats in 2018.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@eoten said:
@ratchetclank92 said:

Gee, maybe we should just euthanize those with mental disabilities like the Nazis did?

but we can't murder you.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eoten

@comp_atkins said:
@eoten said:
@ratchetclank92 said:

Gee, maybe we should just euthanize those with mental disabilities like the Nazis did?

but we can't murder you.

Personal insults are a rule violation.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vl4d_l3nin
@LJS9502_basic said:

McDonald v. City of Chicago.

Supreme court found that to "keep and bear arms" is an individual right, and is further protected by the Privileges and Immunities clause from the fourteenth amendment:

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States...."

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eoten

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

McDonald v. City of Chicago.

Supreme court found that to "keep and bear arms" is an individual right, and is further protected by the Privileges and Immunities clause from the fourteenth amendment:

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States...."

He doesn't care about the Constitution. Not the 2A in this case, or the red flag laws which violate the 5th. Remember, the Constitution is an obstacle to them.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@eoten said:
@comp_atkins said:
@eoten said:
@ratchetclank92 said:

but we can't murder you.

Personal insults are a rule violation.

eh. it was worth the joke

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@eoten said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

There are some challenges to assault weapons bans making their way up the court, and by most peoples definition, these are unconstitutional as they exist to ban firearms based on how suitable they are for hunting. The 2A clearly has nothing to do with hunting, and has everything to do with protection and limiting weapons to fixed magazines, or certain capacities absolutely diminishes their effectiveness at what the 2A was written for. So, it'll be nice to see those thrown out.

Some states or cities have a virtually de facto handgun ban. Chicago for example it costs something like $600 in "filing fees" just to get a permit, ensuring that low income households, largely minorities, which happen to be the most likely victims, cannot protect themselves. These speed bumps designed to harm people should be challenged as well.

That's right! The US is way in front for gun related crime in the developed countries, no one else is close!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@eoten: Let’s ignore the fact Democrats picked up seats in the House and in local governments. Let’s just cherry-pick the races that fit your narrative.

This is why I doubt you are American.

She needs to be impeached as does that toad Kavanaugh. The Democrats need to focus on getting control of the senate and states too accomplish this. After Trump the Republicans deserve no fair treatment. The Democrats have to gain power and do whatever they can to keep it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#46 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Relevant:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@nintendoboy16: We were on 2016.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Is this a joke?

Please tell me this image is fake news.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@netracing said:

- Lindsey Graham, 2016.

Lol Graham is such a phony. He really has that dishonest, sleazy politician personality. He's a parody of how the rest of the world imagines American politicians. With some luck he will be ousted come election.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Maroxad: I think it’s real. The judge part I’m pretty sure is right. Seen no evidence she was a judge before Trump made her one in 2017. If all is true it just shows how unqualified she is. Need to set higher bars for that position. Like arguing cases for at least 5 years including in front of the Supreme Court and being a judge at lower level and appeals court for 3 years each. They should also should have been a paralegal for 2 years. The age qualifications should also be at least 40 and mandatory retirement age of 70.