How would you feel if your police started using facial recognition glasses?

• 55 results
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@kittennose said:

Perhaps you could explain how making cameras mobile constitutes a violation of someone's rights?

I guess it is not. On the other hand do I not like this development in more and more surveillance.

Do you have something to hide? because considering the amount of "surveillance" you voluntary agree to today and the amount private and the government have put in place, cops with facial scanning glasses seem like a bit minuscule to get upset over.

Do I need something to hide to dislike surveillance?

Even the police in Norway have been horrible at deleting old records they were required to delete by law. The Chinese are at least more open about just storing it in a big databank.

Of course not.

But what is it about the police that makes it so much worse than Google? or even Gamespot? they have far more information on you

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Even the police in Norway have been horrible at deleting old records they were required to delete by law. The Chinese are at least more open about just storing it in a big databank.

Of course not.

But what is it about the police that makes it so much worse than Google? or even Gamespot? they have far more information on you

OH no. The police can have all the information they want on you.....including when you walk your dog if they desire.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@kittennose said:
@horgen said:

Perhaps you could explain, specifically, what the problem is then? It would also be nice if you explained if you think your preference should have any impact on policy. It is sort of problematic to engage with someone who asks very leading, often dishonest questions, but seems to have an allergy taking a firm position. Incorrect assumptions are sort of a natural consequence.

The right to privacy. At least in Norway we still value it somewhat.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

OH no. The police can have all the information they want on you.....including when you walk your dog if they desire.

Exactly. And if by chance that google would have something on me the Police doesn't have, they are one court order away from getting it. If Google denies their first request that is.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts
@horgen said:

And now you have gone full circle. Of course.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 horgen  Moderator

@kittennose said:
@horgen said:

And now you have gone full circle. Of course.

I gave a reason for disliking it...