How do people try to explain away racism.

• 146 results
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I get it conservatives whole spiel is social issues aren’t important. That being said how can anyone over the age of 17 that lives in the United States be so blind when it come to racism in this country.

That being said I’ve seen a lot of wishy washy liberals who do the same thing....when it’s convenient.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

I get it conservatives whole spiel is social issues aren’t important. That being said how can anyone over the age of 17 that lives in the United States be so blind when it come to racism in this country.

That being said I’ve seen a lot of wishy washy liberals who do the same thing....when it’s convenient.

For Cons its because when it come to the so called 'culture wars'. they lost a long time ago and they have forgotten that if they had won the culture wars they would not have to hide as much. Basically they are following the moral lead of the left in saying racism is a bad thing

For Libs they are just unaware at how institutional racism is and strictly DEPENDING on exactly how one defines racism they too can often be racist but not in a bad way

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mercenary848

@tryit: I get what you are saying....but how can you not be racist in a bad way?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TryIt

@Mercenary848 said:

@tryit: I get what you are saying....but how can you not be racist in a bad way?

because it depends on ones definition.

is giving a race an advantage as some form of retribution to enslaving them for decades racism?

is giving someone an advantage in college because of their race as bad as literally enslaving a person to labor and selling them like livestock?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

In my experience, it has often been explained as the following:

1. Not racism, but cultural. For example, "I don't hate _______people, but why do they all do *insert _______ stereotype here*?" They think they're not being racist because they say they aren't, but then they go and be racist.

2. The eugenicist. Again, they think they are not racist, but then they go and say something like "I Don't hate _____ people, I just think that we should stick to our own race when getting married and having kids." Often goes along with "old-fashioned values", i.e. women in the kitchen, men working miserable physical labor jobs, and no breeding with people outside your race.

3. The justified victim. This person has often been a victim, or witness, of a crime committed by someone outside their race, or has somehow been wronged, or is subconsciously racist that he only remembers assholes-of-color (and not white assholes). For example "I don't care if it's racist: I've seen ________ folk do this all the time ,they've done it to me, and I am sick of it! All _______ people are thieves!"

@tryit said:
@Mercenary848 said:

is giving a race an advantage as some form of retribution to enslaving them for decades racism?

is giving someone an advantage in college because of their race as bad as literally enslaving a person to labor and selling them like livestock?

According to some activists, as a white person, I am not allowed to tell a black person they are doing a good job. I think the article I read gave the example of a white editor (of a newspaper) telling their black subordinate (writer) they did "a good job" and that was 'good racism' but still racism because it could [somehow] be perceived as patronizing *shrug*. I call it oversenstivity, but there it is.

Basically "good racism" is when you mean well, but it's still racist. It's a misnomer, there's nothing really good about it. Nothing bad about it, either...except the racism :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Racism is not the same as noting cultural norms though. I think you are misusing culture there.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@tryit said:
@Mercenary848 said:

@tryit: I get what you are saying....but how can you not be racist in a bad way? You can't.

is giving a race an advantage as some form of retribution to enslaving them for decades racism? Yes because their own race did it too. It wasn't just a white thing.

is giving someone an advantage in college because of their race as bad as literally enslaving a person to labor and selling them like livestock? No but its still bad.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I explain it by not worrying about it or caring what others think. I'd likely be labeled racist by someone at some point no matter what just because i'm white so what difference does it matter?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Because fascism.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercenary848

@pimphand_gamer: I wouldn’t call you racist. Just a fragile white male by that statement. You see being called racist as victimization, something you are entitled to claim because most white people with that type of fragile ego; can understand racism but can’t understand that there is a world of oppression they have never been exposed to due to privledge. You love telling that story of that one time or another where a person of color looked at you funny and if you were to insult him some imaginary people would call you racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I found how 2, 3 or as many different people can live in harmony, by breeding with each other and living together for multiple generations til all exterior cultures are mushed into the majority culture. Every time someone wants to be a part of the group, but be different and want their culture just for themselves, they will forever be different and not the same.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@Mercenary848 said:

@tryit: I get what you are saying....but how can you not be racist in a bad way? You can't.

is giving a race an advantage as some form of retribution to enslaving them for decades racism? Yes because their own race did it too. It wasn't just a white thing.

is giving someone an advantage in college because of their race as bad as literally enslaving a person to labor and selling them like livestock? No but its still bad.

sorry but 'because they did it too it means we can do it too and its not even as bad as giving a person an advantage in college all because 'they did it too'' is some grade A horseshit

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 npiet1

@tryit: why?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:

oh that is an easy question.

because hanging a person to death for being a color is worse then giving a person an advantage in college REGARDLESS of what that persons race did to each other

pretty simple.

and thank you for giving me the opportunity to highlight this point and draw contrast as well as shed light for others on how you think

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

because hanging a person to death for being a color is worse then giving a person an advantage in college REGARDLESS of what that persons race did to each other NEVER SAID THAT

pretty simple.

and thank you for giving me the opportunity to highlight this point and draw contrast as well as shed light for others on how you think

I am BLACK man and I'm not going to play being a victim as most do. , So when other BLACKS HANG/KILL/RAPE OTHER BLACKS, its not as bad when whites do it. Okay now others know how you think.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

because hanging a person to death for being a color is worse then giving a person an advantage in college REGARDLESS of what that persons race did to each other NEVER SAID THAT

pretty simple.

I am BLACK man and I'm not going to play being a victim as most do. , So when other BLACKS HANG/KILL/RAPE OTHER BLACKS, its not as bad when whites do it. Okay now others know how you think.

I dont give a rats ass what color you are and your color has absolutely ZERO to do with my point

you think giving a black person an advantage in college is WORSE then hanging a black man for being black BECAUSE blacks hang each other, that idiotic view has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with your fucking skin color bro

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

pretty simple.

I dont give a rats ass what color you are and your color has absolutely ZERO to do with my point

you think giving a black person an advantage in college is WORSE then hanging a black man for being black BECAUSE blacks hang each other I never said that quote me, that idotic view has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with your fucking skin color bro

You're a bit angry aren't you. But isn't giving a black person an advantage in college because they wouldn't get their own there own merit racism? and all racism is wrong right?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

pretty simple.

you think giving a black person an advantage in college is WORSE then hanging a black man for being black BECAUSE blacks hang each other I never said that quote me, that idotic view has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with your fucking skin color bro

You're a bit angry aren't you. But isn't giving a black person an advantage in college because they wouldn't get their own there own merit racism? and all racism is wrong right?

oh it might be racist, I dont care about the labels. that is not the point I am illustrating.

not all racist actions are created equal but you think they are.

but you seem to think because black hang each other than somehow means something as a justification for hanging them? I dont understand, what does blacks hanging each other have anything at all to do with this conversation?

Giving someone an advantage in college < Killing them

those two things are not equal in matter of negativity

racists tend to get caught up in the label and try to ignore the substance...sad

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

pretty simple.

oh it might be racist, I dont care about the labels. that is not the point I am illustrating.

but you seem to think because black hang each other than somehow means something as a justification for hanging them? I dont understand, what does blacks hanging each other have anything at all to do with this conversation?

Why does it matter, because the whole basis of the advantage is because of slavey and murders when EVERYONE did it and it happened to EVERYONE (granted not like the early 20th century to whites but still others and gays), but for some reason everyone acts like it was just the whites. And then there's other races who where negatively affected but don't complain or care then forgave but didn't forget.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

Why does it matter, because the whole basis of the advantage is because of slavey and murders when EVERYONE did it and it happened to EVERYONE (granted not like the early 20th century to whites but still others and gays), but for some reason everyone acts like it was just the whites. And then there's other races who where negatively affected but don't complain or care then forgave but didn't forget.

becuase you are basically saying the following

murder is just as bad as giving a person an advantage in college.

so let me ask you directly and I want a direct answer to my direct question before moving on.

'is murder worse then giving a person an unfair advantage in college'?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

so let me ask you directly and I want a direct answer to my direct question before moving on.

I don't even know how you got to me saying murder is just as bad as giving a person an advantage in college.
Some thing I still havn't said and I've already asked to quote me.

I love how you always try to change things, put peoples words in their mouth to prove your point or try to make them say something obvious. Its shows a lot about you and you need be smarter and learn how to debate properly. Plenty have people point this out when I was coming here before. Either debate properly or just move on and don't reply.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

I ...

just so you know, I am not reading anything you say unless its a direct answer to my direct question, so just answer the question before we can move on.

not all racism is created equal, that is the point. I know the Right wing wants to make moral equivalency but its stupid

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

I ...

just so you know, I am not reading anything you say unless its a direct answer to my direct question, so just answer the question before we can move on.

not all racism is created equal, that is the point. I know the Right wing wants to make moral equivalency but its stupid

That's fine lol. I don't play stupid games.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

I ...

That's fine lol. I don't play stupid games.

fair enough, its not a hard question, your unwillingness to induce me with an answer tells me you would not be reasonable for a conversation.

take care

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 npiet1

@tryit: Because you do it in almost every thread to most people you debate with, then when point it out you get mad and say we are unreasonable or dumb. I'm pretty sure everyone here dislikes you, I'm not even trying to be mean.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:

@tryit: Because you do it in almost every thread to most people you debate with, then when point it out you get mad and say we are unreasonable or dumb. I'm pretty sure everyone here dislikes you, I'm not even trying to be mean.

just answer the question.

I dont give a rats ass who likes me or not.

The Rights push to make moral equivalency in anything that can possibly be labeled as racist is so painfully transparent its ridiculous

not all racism is the same in its level of negativity, period, end of story.

murder is not the same in negativity as black face...get over it...its just not

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

The Rights push to make moral equivalency in anything that can possibly be labeled as racist is so painfully transparent its ridiculous

just like theft isn't as bad as murder but yet they are both still wrong. A lot of things that are wrong are not as bad as each other yet they are still wrong.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

just like theft isn't as bad as murder but yet they are both still wrong. A lot of things that are wrong are not as bad as each other yet they are still wrong.

but you can not make moral equivalency between stealing a pencil and killing someone.

if you said:

'That guy murdered that person'

and I said

'yeah but you stoled a pencil and besides, his race does the same thing'

would you want to slap me?

and frankly until you people (yes I said you people) can understand and admit that murdering a person because of their race is in fact worse then giving a person an advantage in college then your cause will continue to loose

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

but you can not make moral equivalency between stealing a pencil and killing someone.

if you said:

and I said

Just because they are different morally still doesn't make it right does it? And the whole 'yeah but you stole a pencil and besides, his race does the same thing' why would I even bring race into it that's on a interpersonal level.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

if you said:

and I said

Just because they are different morally still doesn't make it right does it? And the whole 'yeah but you stole a pencil and besides, his race does the same thing' why would I even bring race into it that's on a interpersonal level.

just answer my question(s) and stop being evasive and dancing around it.

you are being EXTREEMLY transparent. I am telling you, very transparent, not hiding from anyone...get it?

your ONLY hope to get out of this is to answer my two questions. I would copy and paste them again but I dont want to get pinged for spamming so please...for the love of god, just answer the question directly. I will know if you are being evasive. (question 2 is in bold)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 npiet1

why? Why should I have to play your silly games, when everyone already knows you do this? Anyone who's been on this forum knows what you're like due to your active posting. It's not like I'm making unrealistic rebuttals that don't make any sense.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryIt

@npiet1 said:

why? Why should I have to play your silly games, when everyone already knows you do this? Anyone who's been on this forum knows what you're like due to your active posting. It's not like I'm making unrealistic rebuttals that don't make any sense.

why?

because if you want to have a conversation with me on this topic you must answer those two questions, otherwise just F off.

peroid

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 npiet1

@tryit: No.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TryIt

@npiet1 said:

then conversation is over...simple as that.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

SIDE NOTE: I know racists, by some definition I am a racist, I know some racists who are nice people, racism is not all that bad. but you know what is much worse then racists? liars and disassemblers

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

@pimphand_gamer: I wouldn’t call you racist. Just a fragile white male by that statement. You see being called racist as victimization, something you are entitled to claim because most white people with that type of fragile ego; can understand racism but can’t understand that there is a world of oppression they have never been exposed to due to privledge. You love telling that story of that one time or another where a person of color looked at you funny and if you were to insult him some imaginary people would call you racist.

Lol racist isn't victimizing nor did I claim to be a victim. Man you jump to some conclusions don't ya?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

SIDE NOTE: I know racists, by some definition I am a racist, I know some racists who are nice people, racism is not all that bad. but you know what is much worse then racists? liars and disassemblers

Lol wut?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

Lol wut?

you read it correctly.

if you want to know more, just answer my two questions

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

No.

Lol wut?

you read it correctly.

You're not right, talk to a psychologist/psychotherapist seriously.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@tryit: There really is not good side to racism dude...........

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

We’re in more of a class warfare than actual racism. Seriously, when’s the last time you’ve seen a nazi or a clansman?

Also, the left has redefined what racism is - wrongly, I may add. Democrats have declared anyone who isn’t them is a racist, homophobe, sexist, yadda yadda. They can’t tout their benefits for Americans so they demonize anyone who opposes them.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mandzilla
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

We’re in more of a class warfare than actual racism. Seriously, when’s the last time you’ve seen a nazi or a clansman?

Also, the laft has redefined what racism is - wrongly, I may add. Democrats have declared anyone who isn’t them is a racist, homophobe, sexist, yadda yadda. They can’t tout their benefits for Americans so they demonize anyone who opposes them.

Last August in Charlottesville at the Unite the Right rally.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Also, the laft has redefined what racism is - wrongly, I may add. Democrats have declared anyone who isn’t them is a racist, homophobe, sexist, yadda yadda. They can’t tout their benefits for Americans so they demonize anyone who opposes them.

I don't blame them. Democrats have a lot to make up for when it comes to racism.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

Lol wut?

you read it correctly.

dont follow the lead of the Left on what racism is and its morality.

you are falling for their scam

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

No.

Lol wut?

you read it correctly.

yes there is

Latin History for Mormons is about as racist as one can be. If he was a white man making those jokes he would have been criticized to no end, but the education he gives despite his racist way of doing it, is good.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80225421

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@npiet1: I have to commend you for lasting that long with "that guy". I'm never getting into a discussion with him again. I thought "he" was a troll but he's actually really like that... I guess that's why he hasn't gotten banned yet.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sevenizz

@mandzilla: Actually, that was 2 August’s ago. But what about after that and not on tv? What’s that, never? Thought so.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mandzilla
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Sevenizz: Nope, rally began on August 11th 2017 and Heather Danielle Heyer was murdered the following day on the 12th. There have been subsequent rallies too.

Anyway what's your point, you think all these people suddenly stopped being klansmen and neo-nazis because you haven't seen them on tv recently?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sevenizz

@mandzilla: No, I’m saying that actual racism is no longer a big deal in America. Who are ‘all these people’? A few hundred collected in one area? You realize there’s over 300 million people in America, right? Why bother with such a small group that has a) no power b) no money and c) no education? Because CNN told you to? CNN isn’t even a real news channel anymore.