Holocaust survivor: Trump's America feels like 1929 Berlin.

• 57 results
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

The Hill

A 79-year-old Holocaust survivor says in a new interview that the U.S. under President Trump feels like Germany did just before the Nazis took over.

Stephen Jacobs told Newsweek that the rise of the far-right under Trump “feels like 1929 or 1930 Berlin.”

“Things just go from bad to worse every day,” he said. “There’s a real problem growing.”

Jacobs, a New York architect who said he knows Trump personally, referred to the president as an “enabler” of far-right rhetoric.

“Things that couldn’t be said five years ago, four years ago, three years ago — couldn’t be said in public — are now normal discourse,” he said. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

“We thought our country had changed,” Jacobs added. “In fact, it didn’t. We were operating on a misconception. ‘My god, we elected a black president in the United States! Look how far we’ve come!’ We haven’t.”

The Polish-born Jacobs, who was imprisoned in the Buchenwald concentration camp, said he wouldn’t call Trump a “fascist,” because he thinks the president does not have “the mental power to even understand it.”

“I couldn’t say that Trump is a fascist because you’ve got to know what fascism is,” he said. He also said that the president is “a sick, very disturbed individual” who is “out for himself.”

Jacobs designed the Holocaust memorial at Buchenwald and spoke with Newsweek ahead of Holocaust Remembrance Day on April 12.

But saying something like that is why Trump won. /eyeroll

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Well, it has a lot to do with why many folks don't think such positions have much in the way of merit. It is pretty darn dishonest to use the words of someone born in 1939 to claim that America in 2018 feels like Germany in 1929.

Like, on every level.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

G O D W I N ' S L A W

@kittennose said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Well, it has a lot to do with why many folks don't think such positions have much in the way of merit. It is pretty darn dishonest to use the words of someone born in 1939 to claim that America in 2018 feels like Germany in 1929.

Like, on every level.

History doesn't repeat itself. But it does rhyme.

I think there is validity in his comparison, especially when you look at Trump's enabling of far right policies and individuals, attacking minorities (Hispanics and Muslims), his attacks on journalism as "fake news," and attacks on government institutions that run counter to his vision, whether it's the FBI or DoS.

When Hitler was elected, Jews weren't being killed in the beginning. Attacks on Jews (not physically, but through increased rules and regulations, as well as anti-semantic propaganda) became normalized when Hitler got elected and then everything exploded.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

This is so 1 year ago.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KittenNose

@drunk_pi said:

G O D W I N ' S L A W

@kittennose said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Like, on every level.

I think there is validity in his comparison, especially when you look at Trump's enabling of far right policies and individuals, attacking minorities (Hispanics and Muslims), his attacks on journalism as "fake news," and attacks on government institutions that run counter to his vision, whether it's the FBI or DoS.

When Hitler was elected, Jews weren't being killed in the beginning. Attacks on Jews (not physically, but through increased rules and regulations, as well as anti-semantic propaganda) became normalized when Hitler got elected and then everything exploded.

Obama built detention camps with extremely poor living conditions to house the unwanted minority our nation blamed for our economic woes, and even called upon the government to punish collaborators more harshly.

As far as parallels to Nazi Germany goes, what you describe isn't all that concerning. Particularly if you are pointing to a time period before such camps.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drunk_PI

@kittennose said:
@drunk_pi said:

G O D W I N ' S L A W

@kittennose said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Like, on every level.

Obama built detention camps with extremely poor living conditions to house the unwanted minority our nation blamed for our economic woes, and even called upon the government to punish collaborators more harshly.

As far as parallels to Nazi Germany goes, what you describe isn't all that concerning. Particularly if you are pointing to a time period before such camps.

What isn't concerning? If you're suggesting that what I said in the first paragraph "isn't concerning" I suggest you read up on the rise of Nazi Germany, as well as other autocratic regimes in the past.

As for Obama, it's no doubt that his administration had its faults but it doesn't parallel to what's happening right now.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

There are some parallels with the rise of the far left and far right, the oligarchs the crash the economy and control the establishment, and the media being nothing but propaganda.

The focus on identity politics is going to get good people killed.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KittenNose

@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

What isn't concerning? If you're suggesting that what I said in the first paragraph "isn't concerning" I suggest you read up on the rise of Nazi Germany, as well as other autocratic regimes in the past.

As for Obama, it's no doubt that his administration had its faults but it doesn't parallel to what's happening right now.

Tweets are less Nazi then building camps for unwanted minorities while advocating for harsher penalties for collaborators. If you can't agree there I don't see a compelling reason to consider you an expert on what is concerning.

You also might want to crack a book on how Hitler came to power. trump's administration is reminiscent of Clinton's. Nothing about America looks like Germany in 29.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts

I suppose even the slightest bit of elaboration would be to much to ask for. Lazy clickbait of an article.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drunk_PI

@kittennose said:
@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

Tweets are less Nazi then building camps for unwanted minorities while advocating for harsher penalties for collaborators. If you can't agree there I don't see a compelling reason to consider you an expert on what is concerning.

You also might want to crack a book on how Hitler came to power. trump's administration is reminiscent of Clinton's. Nothing about America looks like Germany in 29.

Did Obama outright say that legitimate news organizations were "fake news?" Did he outright call for discrimination or policies that affected minority groups? Did he enable far right groups in committing hate crimes? Did he issue a ban based on nationality that caused chaos?

No, he didn't Trump did the last part. He also sent National Guard in response to a supposed caravan of migrants, despite being stopped in Mexico City, as well as persisted in trying to build a wall at the southern border because of those supposed "rapists" he talked about on the campaign trail. Yeah, he tweets and he is also the president enacting his agenda through EOs and a spineless congress. He also silences scientific data that counters his politics and policies.

Yeah, sure thing pal. His administration is reminiscent of Clinton's. I suggest you crack a book on how Hitler came to power and compare to what's going on in America. I already have. Evidently, you haven't. Or did but lack reading comprehension.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KittenNose

@drunk_pi said:

Did Obama outright say that legitimate news organizations were "fake news?" Did he outright call for discrimination or policies that affected minority groups? Did he enable far right groups in committing hate crimes? Did he issue a ban based on nationality that caused chaos?

No, he didn't Trump did the last part. He also sent National Guard in response to a supposed caravan of migrants, despite being stopped in Mexico City, as well as persisted in trying to build a wall at the southern border because of those supposed "rapists" he talked about on the campaign trail. Yeah, he tweets and he is also the president enacting his agenda through EOs and a spineless congress. He also silences scientific data that counters his politics and policies.

Yeah, sure thing pal. His administration is reminiscent of Clinton's. I suggest you crack a book on how Hitler came to power and compare to what's going on in America. I already have. Evidently, you haven't. Or did but lack reading comprehension.

Yes, Obama went after the credibility of news organizations he disliked. He built camps for unwanted minorities, which sounds discriminatory to me. He used the Mexican's and homosexuals as a scapegoat, like every president of my life time, specifically to appeal to people who hate them. He even had his own travel ban based on nationality. What the heck friend, are you trying to undermine your argument?

America is a fat, complacent, undisputed super power. Our biggest scandal is that our leader might be friends with our only theoretical enemy. Europe will stop existing if we ever decide we are not their ally. We are driven by consumerism and the desire to signal our virtue on social media, not terror that we are surrounded by hostile powers who have specifically stacked the deck against us.

Saying this 'feels' like 1929 Germany is absolutely asinine. Germany was a flippin' arsenal filled with chain smokers trying to puff away their stress. Modern America is a group of folk on mobility scooters shaking their selfie sticks at the entertainment industry.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

G O D W I N ' S L A W

@kittennose said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Like, on every level.

Ah, ya beat me to it. I'll just sarcastically imitate a Trump voter instead.

"Comparing a politician like Trump to Hitler demeans the importance of the Holocaust. Oh, by the way, did you know that the world economy is secretly controlled by the Rothchilds?"

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KittenNose
@theone86 said:

"Comparing a politician like Trump to Hitler demeans the importance of the Holocaust. Oh, by the way, did you know that the world economy is secretly controlled by the Rothchilds?"

Your racism might make being sarcastic about the Holocaust instinctual, but that isn't the issue. Such comparisons are nonsense, even by the standards of a gradeschooler's understanding of the interwar period.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theone86

@kittennose said:
@theone86 said:

Your racism might make being sarcastic about the Holocaust instinctual, but that isn't the issue. Such comparisons are nonsense, even by the standards of a gradeschooler's understanding of the interwar period.

Do you ever get tired of trolling, or is it just instinct to you at this point?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

1929? Was he really alive during that time? Godwin's Law much?

That said, if there is one take away one should take from the rise of Hitler it is that The Rise of these kinds of cancerous ideologies can happen anywhere. I don't think comparing trump to hitler is even remotedly fair though.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#16  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Oh look another guy bashing Trump! how BRAVE! and he is a holocaust survivor? wow! that is SOOO relevant (some how) so we should feel emotionally obligated to listen to him! because he is a holocaust survivor!

/sarcasm

Lol, typical regressive GARBAGE, what exactly is the point of this thread? we get it OP, you hate Trump and will kiss anybody's ass who joins the hate wagon. Hey, why stop there? maybe you should be like Jimmy Kimmel and go after his wife! or like buzzfeed and go after his CHILDREN! I mean normally that would be immoral but then again this is Trump so he MUST deserve the hate he gets and so does his family, right? (if you can't tell that last part was sarcasm as well).

@drunk_pi said:

He didn't call fox news and other conservative platforms "fake news" per say but he did bash their credibility a lot and accused them of being racist or worse (he did that conservatives in general) and accused them of being liars as well, but of course you are going to pretend like that has never happened huh?

Did Trump enable far right groups? or perhaps it was regressive leftists constantly throwing crap on whites that pushed them far right? I find it AMAZING that you accuse a bunch of right wingers of hate crime (like that even means anything anymore) when you seem to forget that more than half of them voted for Obama back in 2008 and again during his second term.

Trump may have issued those bans, but it was Obama who made that list, plus Obama has placed sanctions on countries before, like Sudan for example (I know because that has affected me), why aren't you calling him a racist? or a Muslim hater?

I like how you say "Supposed caravan" as though its NOT a confirmed FACT that there was a huge mass of people attempting to cross the boarder illegally, maybe you should first get a grip of reality first before you discuss this subject any further.

Trump has done absolutely NOTHING reminiscent to the rise of the national socialist party (key term being "Socialist", which is strongly associated with left wing politics) and you have NOTHING to prove it, you just want to compare him to Hitler because you have an open bias towards him, why don't you compare him with Mao and Stalin while you are at it?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KittenNose

@theone86 said:
@kittennose said:
@theone86 said:

Your only contribution to this thread has been sarcasm. Physician, heal thyself.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

Oh look another guy bashing Trump! how BRAVE! and he is a holocaust survivor? wow! that is SOOO relevant (some how) so we should feel emotionally obligated to listen to him! because he is a holocaust survivor!

/sarcasm

Lol, typical regressive GARBAGE, what exactly is the point of this thread? we get it OP, you hate Trump and will kiss anybody's ass who joins the hate wagon. Hey, why stop there? maybe you should be like Jimmy Kimmel and go after his wife! or like buzzfeed and go after his CHILDREN! I mean normally that would be immoral but then again this is Trump so he MUST deserve the hate he gets and so does his family, right? (if you can't tell that last part was sarcasm as well).

@drunk_pi said:

He didn't call fox news and other conservative platforms "fake news" per say but he did bash their credibility a lot and accused them of being racist or worse (he did that conservatives in general) and accused them of being liars as well, but of course you are going to pretend like that has never happened huh?

Did Trump enable far right groups? or perhaps it was regressive leftists constantly throwing crap on whites that pushed them far right? I find it AMAZING that you accuse a bunch of right wingers of hate crime (like that even means anything anymore) when you seem to forget that more than half of them voted for Obama back in 2008 and again during his second term.

Trump may have issued those bans, but it was Obama who made that list, plus Obama has placed sanctions on countries before, like Sudan for example (I know because that has affected me), why aren't you calling him a racist? or a Muslim hater?

I like how you say "Supposed caravan" as though its NOT a confirmed FACT that there was a huge mass of people attempting to cross the boarder illegally, maybe you should first get a grip of reality first before you discuss this subject any further.

Trump has done absolutely NOTHING reminiscent to the rise of the national socialist party (key term being "Socialist", which is strongly associated with left wing politics) and you have NOTHING to prove it, you just want to compare him to Hitler because you have an open bias towards him, why don't you compare him with Mao and Stalin while you are at it?

Oh bullshit. The media was not under attack like it is now. And as far as the comparison's to Nazi Germany there are parallels if you know how it happened to trump's leadership.

Did he enable far right groups? Well when they get out of hand and kill someone and the only thing he wants to say about them is they are fine people there it sure sends them a message.

I'm less interested in lists that are made and more concerned with enacted policies. Any American should be. Also this whataboutism of Obama all the time to try to deflect that utter garbage trump is..........is beyond ridiculous. It's 2018..........what country do we want to live in?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

/sarcasm

It doesn't take a genius to realize someone with experience in the Holocaust has some important insight to share.

But never mind, please do continue your melt down lol. The lengths people go to defend Trump blows my mind.

Feminist9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Feminist9000
Member since 2018 • 31 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

A 79-year-old Holocaust survivor says in a new interview that the U.S. under President Trump feels like Germany did just before the Nazis took over.

Stephen Jacobs told Newsweek that the rise of the far-right under Trump “feels like 1929 or 1930 Berlin.”

“Things just go from bad to worse every day,” he said. “There’s a real problem growing.”

Jacobs, a New York architect who said he knows Trump personally, referred to the president as an “enabler” of far-right rhetoric.

“Things that couldn’t be said five years ago, four years ago, three years ago — couldn’t be said in public — are now normal discourse,” he said. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

“We thought our country had changed,” Jacobs added. “In fact, it didn’t. We were operating on a misconception. ‘My god, we elected a black president in the United States! Look how far we’ve come!’ We haven’t.”

The Polish-born Jacobs, who was imprisoned in the Buchenwald concentration camp, said he wouldn’t call Trump a “fascist,” because he thinks the president does not have “the mental power to even understand it.”

“I couldn’t say that Trump is a fascist because you’ve got to know what fascism is,” he said. He also said that the president is “a sick, very disturbed individual” who is “out for himself.”

Jacobs designed the Holocaust memorial at Buchenwald and spoke with Newsweek ahead of Holocaust Remembrance Day on April 12.

Trump is actually worse because the US is a bigger country. Look at what the privileged descendants did the Native Americans. Native American women didn't even have a chance to vote. Disgusting pigs.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SOedipus

@feminist9000 said:

Trump is actually worse because the US is a bigger country.

Makes sense.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dark_sageX

@perfect_blue said:
@Dark_sageX said:

/sarcasm

It doesn't take a genius to realize someone with experience in the Holocaust has some important insight to share.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that the only insight holocaust survivors have is in concentration camps or being on the run from Nazi soldiers, no holocaust survivor has ever met Hitler and ever knew him enough to actually be able to make a genuine comparison between him and Trump, especially a Polish ones, so lets stop pretending we are getting insight from Yoda, that guy was most likely a farmer who got surprised that tanks showed up in the fields and wondered why the Germans were doing what they did.

Besides again, this is just appeal to emotion, and this is the kind of crap democrats pull all the time, they find someone to hide behind, be it a holocaust survivor, a child or angry black people, they will use any "victim" they can find to bash Trump and hide behind them because they know that not many people will have the balls to criticize them, because if they do they will accuse them of something, racists, nazi sympathizer, advocater of school shootings, homophobe, etc, this CRAP doesn't work on me, I don't care if he is a holocaust survivor, that person is just as capable as anyone to tell lies or twist things to fit a narrative or maybe just MAYBE doesn't know as much as he leads himself to believe he does? if you actually have points that can genuinely compare Trump to Hitler then present it, don't tell me "someone said something that made me cry and as such I believe him", that is NOT how you present an argument.

@feminist9000 said:

Trump is actually worse because the US is a bigger country. Look at what the privileged descendants did the Native Americans. Native American women didn't even have a chance to vote. Disgusting pigs.

What do you actually know about native Americans?

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh bullshit. The media was not under attack like it is now. And as far as the comparison's to Nazi Germany there are parallels if you know how it happened to trump's leadership.

Did he enable far right groups? Well when they get out of hand and kill someone and the only thing he wants to say about them is they are fine people there it sure sends them a message.

I'm less interested in lists that are made and more concerned with enacted policies. Any American should be. Also this whataboutism of Obama all the time to try to deflect that utter garbage trump is..........is beyond ridiculous. It's 2018..........what country do we want to live in?

Conservative media was CONSTANTLY under attack! and is still is! the fact that you are denying makes you a MASSIVE hypocrite!

So you don't think there are good people in the right? you hate conservatives so much you now believe they are all baby eating monsters or something? man, left wing media propaganda has brainwashed you good...

No, if you want to call Trump racist for banning specific countries a comparison between him and Obama HAS to be drawn, because you must understand that there is NO consistency with you accusations, admit it, you just don't want me to mention Obama because you DESPERATELY want to believe Trump is a racist, and at this point I really would like to understand why you go through so much mental gymnastics to do so, you hate ANYBODY who is not on the left spectrum.

Feminist9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Feminist9000

@Dark_sageX said:
@perfect_blue said:
@Dark_sageX said:

/sarcasm

It doesn't take a genius to understand that the only insight holocaust survivors have is in concentration camps or being on the run from Nazi soldiers, no holocaust survivor has ever met Hitler and ever knew him enough to actually be able to make a genuine comparison between him and Trump, especially a Polish ones, so lets stop pretending we are getting insight from Yoda, that guy was most likely a farmer who got surprised that tanks showed up in the fields and wondered why the Germans were doing what they did.

Besides again, this is just appeal to emotion, and this is the kind of crap democrats pull all the time, they find someone to hide behind, be it a holocaust survivor, a child or angry black people, they will use any "victim" they can find to bash Trump and hide behind them because they know that not many people will have the balls to criticize them, because if they do they will accuse them of something, racists, nazi sympathizer, advocater of school shootings, homophobe, etc, this CRAP doesn't work on me, I don't care if he is a holocaust survivor, that person is just as capable as anyone to tell lies or twist things to fit a narrative or maybe just MAYBE doesn't know as much as he leads himself to believe he does? if you actually have points that can genuinely compare Trump to Hitler then present it, don't tell me "someone said something that made me cry and as such I believe him", that is NOT how you present an argument.

So you're saying all holocaust survivors were farmers?

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dark_sageX

@feminist9000 said:

So you're saying ALL holocaust survivors have insight on Hitler?

So you're saying ALL bananas are yellow?

So you're saying ALL Ferraris have v8s?

Seriously whats with you liberals and "ALL"? did I say ALL? at what point did I say ALL? can you even read?!

you know what? from now on, please refrain from using that term, because at this point i really think its not worth anybody's time to respond with "not all", because all that tells me is that you are either illiterate or don't have the necessarily intellect to make this conversation fruitful or the openness to understand things from perspectives other than yours, either way this is a waste of my time.

Feminist9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Feminist9000

@Dark_sageX said:
@feminist9000 said:

So you're saying ALL bananas are yellow?

So you're saying ALL Ferraris have v8s?

Seriously whats with you liberals and "ALL"? did I say ALL? at what point did I say ALL? can you even read?!

you know what? from now on, please refrain from using that term, because at this point i really think its not worth anybody's time to respond with "not all", because all that tells me is that you are either illiterate or don't have the necessarily intellect to make this conversation fruitful or the openness to understand things from perspectives other than yours, either way this is a waste of my time.

Did you just assume my gender?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Living in Italy today feels like being part of the Punic Wars. Let's all take arms and shoot everyone who lives on the other side of the Mediterranean to prevent them from invading us!

I mean, I was born in 92 and the Punic Wars were over two millennia ago, but that's how this works right?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theone86

@kittennose said:
@theone86 said:
@kittennose said:
@theone86 said:

Your only contribution to this thread has been sarcasm. Physician, heal thyself.

Maybe you should see a shrink about this obsession you seem to have with me. Can you go into one thread without making baseless accusations of me for no apparent reason?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@kittennose said:
@drunk_pi said:

G O D W I N ' S L A W

@kittennose said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

Like, on every level.

here is a funny fun fact, I read the words you had there without seeing who said them. and I said 'i bet this came from kittennose and I scroll up and there it is.

lol

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TryIt

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

I believe it will happen in this country, just not this time.

Trump is too far in tons of legal problems and not competent enough to be an evil mastermind.

But I am rather confident that someday (I hope not in my life time) it will happen.

people vote for it, three times! (Bush was a full blown ass). its bound to happen.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

So let´s see this guy is 79 which means that he was born in 1939

So not really taking what he thinks something may feel like since all he has is what he was told, not what he was actually there to "feel"

Not to mention that, of course, there is no comparison and this article just proves how shit some left "journalists" are.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

So not really taking what he thinks something may feel like since all he has is what he was told, not what he was actually there to "feel"

Not to mention that, of course, there is no comparison and this article just proves how shit some left "journalists" are.

No......you can study history and see clear steps that lead to conclusion.....or you can bury your head and continue in the trump cult.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

No......you can study history and see clear steps that lead to conclusion.....or you can bury your head and continue in the trump cult.

No what?

Are you in agreement with this nonsense?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

No what?

somewhat odd how for some reason the Right doesnt like exactly the same groups that the Nazis didnt like.

journalism

artists

liberals

academics

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dark_sageX

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

No what?

somewhat odd how for some reason the Right doesnt like exactly the same groups that the Nazis didnt like.

journalism

artists

liberals

academics

Neither do the far left...or are you telling me you are a fan of Lauren Southern (journalist)? or Jordan Peterson (Academic)? or Sargon of Akkad (liberal)? can't think of any artists, but who really cares? they are mostly useless hippies.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TryIt

@Dark_sageX said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

No what?

journalism

artists

liberals

academics

Neither do the far left...or are you telling me you are a fan of Lauren Southern (journalist)? or Jordan Peterson (Academic)? or Sargon of Akkad (liberal)? can't think of any artists, but who really cares? they are mostly useless hippies.

oh I forgot

Nazis hated hippies too, but then I think they were called 'gypsies'

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 theone86

@Dark_sageX said:
@feminist9000 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying it because they lived through his propaganda and political tactics, they know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a campaign of demonization, they realize how insidious dog whistles and coded language can be. The fact that you and some others in here don't realize this speaks volumes about you.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dark_sageX

@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@feminist9000 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

100% wrong, being at the receiving end of a punishment doesn't give you insight in nazi politics, I know that is difficult to grasp but try to keep your emotions under check.

@tryit said:

oh I forgot

So I'm a nazi now? lol, thanks for proving again that libtards are a bunch of children.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@feminist9000 said:

100% wrong, being at the receiving end of a punishment doesn't give you insight in nazi politics, I know that is difficult to grasp but try to keep your emotions under check.

@tryit said:

oh I forgot

So I'm a nazi now? lol, thanks for proving again that libtards are a bunch of children.

I find it odd that people get offended at Nazi's then wrongly accuse people of being one because they don't see eye to eye.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Forget Nazi Germany. I have a dead ancestor that I communicate with regularly and guess what he says. Trump's America feels more like ancient Assyria. They would butcher their opponents and then drag their carcasses around enemy strongholds and cities as psychological warfare. If the enemies surrendered, they would enslave them and send them off to remote parts of the kingdom never to be reunited with their loved ones. If they didn't surrender, they eradicated the population of that city. Despicable. And the parallels with Trump's tactics are undeniable.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theone86

@Dark_sageX said:

Yeah, it kinda does. You understand the way prejudice works, you see how it's wielded against you, you understand the psychological tricks that tyrants use to whip the masses into a frenzy. By the way, calling the holocaust a "punishment," super incorrect word for that.

@n64dd said:

I find it odd that people get offended at Nazi's then wrongly accuse people of being one because they don't see eye to eye.

It's not because we don't see eye to eye, it's because they employ racially coded language meant to vilify minorities and drum up hate in order to gain political power, also known as demagoguery. Equating disagreeing about that to disagreeing about, say, a tax hike is just a perfect example of why people are so worried about creeping fascism in the Republican party.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus

@n64dd said:

Like when people call Ben Shapiro, who's a Jew, a nazi?

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dark_sageX

@theone86 said:

Yeah, it kinda does. You understand the way prejudice works, you see how it's wielded against you, you understand the psychological tricks that tyrants use to whip the masses into a frenzy.

Thats true, as a survivor of the holocaust you get insight on the experience of the holocaust itself, you understand how Jews were treated, you understand what its like to be beaten, to be called names, to watch family members die at a gas chamber, but experiencing all those things doesn't make you knowledgeable about Adolf Hitler, why he thought that way? how he got into power? how things came to be? how the masses supported him? no, all you have is anecdotal experience, Hitler himself has never gotten into contact with ANY holocaust survivor, so how can you claim that this person knows Hitler? knows him enough to even compare Trump to him? most holocaust survivors learned more about Hitler AFTER the war.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

This kind of rethoric feels like abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@feminist9000 said:

@tryit said:

oh I forgot

people need to grow some thick skin and stop being babies about being called names.

jesus. focus on the subject, not the label

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

@tryit said:

oh I forgot

people need to grow some thick skin and stop being babies about being called names.

jesus. focus on the subject, not the label

That's your troll response when you accuse somebody of being one of the most terrible people in history.

You wonder why you get flagged like crazy.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/04/when_the_nazis_came_for_the_guns.html

This is the left's goal.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@JimB said:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/04/when_the_nazis_came_for_the_guns.html

This is the left's goal.

There are sure to be responses saying why that opinion is wrong but the 79 year old's opinion is correct. Just wait for it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Hill

How would this person know they, would have been five or six when the Holocaust ended. Wasn't even born in 1929. The person would not even remember what happened in the 1930 when all the Jew's were rounded up by the Nazis. Another fake news piece.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 theone86

@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:

Yeah, it kinda does. You understand the way prejudice works, you see how it's wielded against you, you understand the psychological tricks that tyrants use to whip the masses into a frenzy.

Thats true, as a survivor of the holocaust you get insight on the experience of the holocaust itself, you understand how Jews were treated, you understand what its like to be beaten, to be called names, to watch family members die at a gas chamber, but experiencing all those things doesn't make you knowledgeable about Adolf Hitler, why he thought that way? how he got into power? how things came to be? how the masses supported him? no, all you have is anecdotal experience, Hitler himself has never gotten into contact with ANY holocaust survivor, so how can you claim that this person knows Hitler? knows him enough to even compare Trump to him? most holocaust survivors learned more about Hitler AFTER the war.

No, it completely gives you insight on how Hitler came to power and how the masses supported him. Those people lived through the propaganda and the manipulation, they saw where it led, they heard the excuses people made, the way they defended Nazi family members and even became more sympathetic to Nazi views because of their family members, they had neighbors and friends suddenly turn on them. What they're saying matches exactly with what social psychologists are saying about mass indoctrination. To say that they don't understand Hitler's rise to power is completely asinine.