IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Warning, I am Russian, so obviously try to avoid being influenced by me in any way. I really do not want war between Russia and the US, especially when I am currently living in Canada lol But I could not pass by this video. It's just...something. I have no real words to describe it.

I have never thought that I would ever call Morgan Freeman hillarious and cringy. Of all movie stars, I am really shocked that he's taking part in such a low budget and obvious propaganda of a video.

And here's some golden reaction to this video:

My own observation:

1. It's cringy how poorly done and low budget this video is. It's like if some democrats senators caught Morgan Freeman while he was going to the bathroom and told him, "Hey, we are making a video about Russia around the corner. Can you read this shit with your voice quickly for us that I wrote 5 minutes ago on my lap? Come on, hurry up, Hillary needs your service!"

2. Look, any propaganda is bad. But it's hilarious how this video lacks any political finesse.

3. Some phrases are golden too.

"For 241 years our democracy was a shining example" sounds funny coming from a black person.

K, I am not criticizing the US in anyway. I really like the US and American people. I have many American friends. But this video, by its quality, remembers me the Soviet era propaganda. Except it's pretty strange to see that such videos become popular in the 21 century in the US.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Instead of fighting for your rights, the Democratic party wants Trump to be EVEN MORE hawkish than he already is because YOLO and because 'Murca and fridum.

Also, Morgan Freeman deserves to be punched in the fucking face several times for lending his voice for this utterly idiotic video.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

This video is pretty out there, but the message is solid. Still, it's pretty dumb...it's basically trying to use reverse psychology on the president, like "C'mon Mr President, be a badass, call Mr Putin on his shit and get yourself in trouble too for all your shenanigans as well and save this country!"

Any investigation into Putin and Russia is an investigation into Trump. Freeman's heart is in the right place, but he is wasting his time and he should honestly know better. The paternal kindly old man shtick is getting boring, too, he is like the foil to Clint Eastwood's agitated old man shtick, only just as embarrassing. Pretty soon he will be having conversations with empty chairs...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

No wonder they wanted Hillary. They wanted warmonger to annihilate Russia, Iran, and North Korea all at once.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

LOL that was ridic

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

No wonder they wanted Hillary. They wanted warmonger to annihilate Russia, Iran, and North Korea all at once.

Uh trump is a warmonger.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Uh trump is a warmonger.

Name one war he has got us into.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic  Online

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Uh trump is a warmonger.

Name one war he has got us into.

He's increasing the presence in Afghanistan, increasing military spending, and getting us close to a war with NK. And to deny any of that is to be dishonest.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: So not one. Thanks for playing!

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Uh trump is a warmonger.

Hillary Clinton’s Appalling Enthusiasm for War

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Morgan Freeman

The only guy who can make that shit sound good.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic  Online

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: So not one. Thanks for playing!

Being a warmonger does not actually mean starting a war. But thanks for trying.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

We've been in a cyber war with Russia for 20 years. What made this current round bad is that the republican presidential candidate's campaign colluded with the enemy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

You might want to watch the whole video,

He's talking about the Russian cyber attacks. And the CIA, FBI, DHS, NSA, Congress, and Senate agree.....

Then he calls for government/people to demand to know what happened.

Do you disagree with him?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Morgan Freeman

The only guy who can make that shit sound good.

Apart from the "we are at war" sensational starting line to drag in at the start, what did he say that was wrong in the rest of the video?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

He's talking about the Russian cyber attacks. And the CIA, FBI, DHS, NSA, Congress, and Senate agree.....

Then he calls for people to demand to know what happened.

How can you disagree with the Freeman?

But so far Russia has not been proven to have done anything more than the CIA have done for decades and are still doing.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

But so far Russia has not been proven to have done anything more than the CIA have done for decades and are still doing.

So that makes it okay for Russia to interfere with our election?

I mean you really don't care? Cuck much?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Who cares what the CIA does in other countries? You should care what Russia does in this country....but then your orange buffoon wouldn't be president so you'll let it slide. Had they helped Clinton win I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Who cares what the CIA does in other countries? You should care what Russia does in this country....but then your orange buffoon wouldn't be president so you'll let it slide. Had they helped Clinton win I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

I do care what the Russians are doing in this country, do you think i am a hypocrite, so at the same i also care what CIA does in other countries.

2 wrong´s does not make a right,

And as i said you can't disagree with Freeman, after all it´s not for nothing Obama had to use the red phone.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KittenNose

@zaryia said:

Okay? No. It does however make talking about it in terms of war hypocritical. Even our allies were ticked at us after Snowden. I don't think anyone would be particularly shocked if new leaks revealed much worse. America sort of expects it's intelligence community to have those kind of secrets. If using such tactics is an act of war then a lot of the world has a very valid justification to launch a strike our direction.

If you want to take the moral high ground in a war, you have to actually be moral. Otherwise you just embarrass yourself.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@kittennose said:
@zaryia said:

Okay? No. It does however make talking about it in terms of war hypocritical. Even our allies were ticked at us after Snowden. I don't think anyone would be particularly shocked if new leaks revealed much worse. America sort of expects it's intelligence community to have those kind of secrets. If using such tactics is an act of war then a lot of the world has a very valid justification to launch a strike our direction.

If you want to take the moral high ground in a war, you have to actually be moral. Otherwise you just embarrass yourself.

Spot on

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@kittennose said:
@zaryia said:

Spot on

I'll ask again, as you both deflected.

Neither of you mind Russia attempting to interfere with our election? Do you not want the government to try and investigate this to the fullest? Do you want nothing done about it as far as stronger cyber defenses go?

That's all Freeman was asking for. This thread is a farce completely based off tackling 1 sensationalist title sentence Freeman used to drag the viewer in.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic  Online

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kittennose said:

Spot on

Neither of you mind Russia attempting to interfere with our election? Do you not want the government to try and investigate this to the fullest? Do you want nothing done about it as far as stronger cyber defenses go?

That's all Freeman was asking for.

They are afraid trump will be implicated so no.........they don't want it investigated.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KittenNose

@zaryia said:

That's all Freeman was asking for. This thread is a farce completely based off tackling 1 sensationalist title sentence Freeman used to drag the viewer in.

There is no deflection, I was just stating my opinion that speaking about such things in terms of war is extremely hypocritical. Particularly when we get caught spying on our friends. If you wish my opinion on what we should do to a nation that gets caught messing around in our backyard, I would say the wisest course would be to go one of two paths.

Option A: Denounce such behavior, and call upon other nations to do the same while dismantling the agencies that conduct such operations on foreign soil, and do so ourselves. This would actually require dismantling them to be effective, as it is an effort to establish moral superiority. Once that is done, use the alliance to pressure others into doing the same, and actually change how nations interact with each other. You know, instead of empty hypocritical posturing.

Option B: We are America. Our troops are best by default, particularly the computer geeks. If we are not going to go for the moral high ground, we should probably use our offensive intelligence agencies to retaliate hard, in a way that can not be definitively traced back to us.

I am actually down for either one, but pretending we already have the moral high ground and talking about war is just embarrassing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kittennose said:
@zaryia said:

Spot on

Of course i want a full investigation and of course i mind Putin hacking or trying to hack our election.

And if the Special Prosecutor find enough evidence to make a case for impeachment, i will stand up with you and yell "lock him up"

And i know that is all he asks

But we also have to remember that Obama in 2016 knew about the hacks and even used the red phone to Putin. And that so far we have a lot of smoke and not a single fire yet. So let's not begin to call Trump a illegitimate president before we have all the facts.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: LOL okay, well, Hillary has strongly supported every US involved conflict since at least Desert Storm.

If Trump is a "warmonger", then what the hell does that make her?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic  Online

@frank_castle said:

@LJS9502_basic: LOL okay, well, Hillary has strongly supported every US involved conflict since at least Desert Storm.

And you deflect.........

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@frank_castle said:

And you deflect.........

Trump isn't a war monger. You're just a really bad troll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

good for them, they manage to get an uncle tom to help push war with russia russia russia. war with north korea and russia sounds fun

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Lol. Embarrassing

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zaryia

@themajormayor said:

Lol. Embarrassing

@narutosup said:

good for them, they manage to get an uncle tom to help push war with russia russia russia. war with north korea and russia sounds fun

Apart from the sensationalist "we are at war" beginning line (He should have said cyberwar), what did Freeman say that was incorrect?

He was just parroting the NSA, CIA, FBI, and DHS heads...(former and Trump appointed).

So far no one has been able to answer the question. This isn't breitbart comments section, you can't just spam your nonsense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

Morgan freeman is one of the biggest uncle tom in hollywood who kept his mouth shut about Dylan roof slaughtering blacks, Nazi/klan rioting, Philiando Castile being killed in front of his daughter and walter scott death, but at least he decided to come out and declare war with russia russia russia, because russia russia is russia russia

Morgan Freeman is the good black man that every white person can rely on because he knows when to stfu and when to talk

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@narutosup said:

Morgan freeman is one of the biggest uncle tom in hollywood who kept his mouth shut about Dylan roof slaughtering blacks, Nazi/klan rioting, Philiando Castile being killed in front of his daughter and walter scott death, but at least he decided to come out and declare war with russia russia russia, because russia russia is russia russia

Morgan Freeman is the good black man that every white person can rely on because he knows when to stfu and when to talk

Wow, you sure don't hide your feelings for Morgan Freeman.

But Freeman have actually been a strong voice in many different charities and in the civil rights movement. You just don't know it because Freeman does need to brag and let the whole media world know about it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@narutosup: Jesus dude.