Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

GOP lawmaker sues Pence in bid to overturn Biden win

GOP lawmaker sues Pence in bid to overturn Biden win | TheHill

Vice President Pence was sued Sunday by Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and several other Republicans in a far-fetched bid that appeared aimed at overturning President-elect Joe Biden's election win.

The lawsuit focuses on Pence’s role in an upcoming Jan. 6 meeting of Congress to count states’ electoral votes and finalize Biden’s victory over President Trump. Typically, the vice president’s role in presiding over the meeting is a largely ceremonial one governed by an 1887 federal law known as the Electoral Count Act.

But the Republican lawsuit, which was filed against Pence in his official capacity as vice president, asks a federal judge in Texas to strike down the law as unconstitutional. The GOP plaintiffs go further: They ask the court to grant Pence the authority on Jan. 6 to effectively overturn Trump’s defeat in key battleground states.

Election law experts were dismissive of the lawsuit’s prospects for success.

“The idea that the Vice President has sole authority to determine whether or not to count electoral votes submitted by a state, or which of competing submissions to count, is inconsistent with a proper understanding of the Constitution,” said Edward Foley, a law professor at the Ohio State University.

What a clown show. It's over, stop being the global laughing stock party. You guys look bad enough due to your joke of policies in general, but this whole election thing has turned the GOP into absolute clowns.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@zaryia: US is basically a dictatorship if this somehow goes through, right?

It is strange how Republicans so desperately wants a king...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Pence's job is just to announce the count. He is not allowed to change it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Is it actually an official legal thing that solidifies the president-elect's win, or more of a formality?

@horgen said:

@zaryia: US is basically a dictatorship if this somehow goes through, right?

It is strange how Republicans so desperately wants a king...

Been feeling like we are heading that way for a while. Dictatorships, corporate oligarchies, and despotic regimes don't happen overnight, either; they take a while to create and require a lot of people's help.

The right is fond of saying that when people sound the alarm they're exaggerating, but the fact is people will snatch this country away from us if we let them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Is it actually an official legal thing that solidifies the president-elect's win, or more of a formality?

Formality really. The EC picks the winner.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The never ending shit show keeps on rolling.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

Owning the libs by [checks notes] overthrowing the elected government.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

It's ok. Luckily Republicans are the party of law and order and the 2nd amendment.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Lol This is embarrassing.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

These people are idiots. Truly stupid people. For ten seconds of limelight today, they will forever be mocked in history as the answer to obscure trivia questions in the future. Which idiot sued the VP in a lame attempt to overthrow a Presidential election? I am sure his great grand kids will be proud.

On a related note, this is what I mean by the Republican party having the opportunity to clean house. Every one of these mofos that has self identified as an idiot needs to be targeted and purged from the party. Every fucking one of them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Been feeling like we are heading that way for a while. Dictatorships, corporate oligarchies, and despotic regimes don't happen overnight, either; they take a while to create and require a lot of people's help.

The right is fond of saying that when people sound the alarm they're exaggerating, but the fact is people will snatch this country away from us if we let them.

Yeah, it isn't something that started lately. I've heard some said the path towards it got solidified once money equalled free speech.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Good ole Lou, tooth swallowing, Gohmert. One more rancid GOP coup operative.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@SUD123456: This is what a fractured party looks like. The uneducated horde of conspiracy theorist low-IQ white trash has taken over the GOP.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Show the proof GOP/Trump or STFU already. So tired of this stupid shit!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Proof?

They're not even attempting to hold up the pretense they actually have it or are operating by that metric anymore, there's no respect for the democratic process here, this is simply an attempt at a naked power grab in subversion of the will of the electorate by getting a judge, any judge, to grant this ridiculous request.

Every single one of these people are traitors to the Constitution, and IMO, should be tried as traitors. That's literally what they are. Every. Single. One., and I hope it will not be forgotten.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I guess the people who've been saying that Trump was a fascist were on to something. But of course this is just more "pwning teh libz" and him being funny.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I wish Republicans would just admit they're nothing more than a crypto-Nazi party at this point, it would make things a whole lot easier.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss said:

Ah yes from the guy saying he doesn't support trump rushing to the rescue. You can't make this stuff up.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

Ah yes from the guy saying he doesn't support trump rushing to the rescue. You can't make this stuff up.

WTF are you talking about. I am saying for the GOP/Trump to show proof or STFU about this election fraud crap. I am tired of hearing about it, but that makes me a Trump supporter right. Seriously something is wrong with you. Also all of this crap is just going to hurt the GOP in the midterms. They are really screwing up.

Also now Trump is pulling this crap:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-asks-supreme-court-set-020504507.html

Seriously man if he has proof then show it. Hell even Barr will not investigate this so called election fraud because there was no fraud. I hate to break it to Trump that even though he got to pick a lot of the supreme court they will do what is right for the country. He thought he was stacking the court so he could use them for what is happening now and the SC will tell him to piss off.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 horgen  Moderator

@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

WTF are you talking about. I am saying for the GOP/Trump to show proof or STFU about this election fraud crap. I am tired of hearing about it, but that makes me a Trump supporter right. Seriously something is wrong with you. Also all of this crap is just going to hurt the GOP in the midterms. They are really screwing up.

Seriously man if he has proof then show it. Hell even Barr will not investigate this so called election fraud because there was no fraud. I hate to break it to Trump that even though he got to pick a lot of the supreme court they will do what is right for the country. He thought he was stacking the court so he could use them for what is happening now and the SC will tell him to piss off.

While I can't speak for LJS I think he misunderstood your post. First time reading it I took it as demanding proof of what this thread is about, not as an attack on Trump.

Anyone who read or saw what was said under oath regarding all these cases knew it was bust more or less right away. They don't dare call it fraud under oath.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xabiss

@horgen said:
@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

While I can't speak for LJS I think he misunderstood your post. First time reading it I took it as demanding proof of what this thread is about, not as an attack on Trump.

Anyone who read or saw what was said under oath regarding all these cases knew it was bust more or less right away. They don't dare call it fraud under oath.

GOP is really pissing me off right now. So they are trying to steal an election that they are complaining that was stolen without any physical proof. They are just making an ass out of themselves. Why the GOP even wants to feed into Trumps ego is beyond me right now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss: Ah I read that you wanting proof trump was wrong. My bad.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

it never ends.

between this, the second supreme court request, and hawley's antics the right has vaporized any sense of respecting the people's will here...

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

They are gonna need more people onboard for thier coup. Maybe if they had better evidence for election fraud they claim.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts

I wonder if any Democrats are upset that they didn't think of doing this in 2016. If it worked, maybe a quarter million lives could have been saved.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Formality really. The EC picks the winner.

I believe the judge for the case said it won't move forward until the plaintiffs' show proof of service to all defendants. Which is tricky to do when one defendant isn't actually a real thing...right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@davillain-: Not sure what you are talking about TBH....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Lawsuit won't go further cause there's nothing to support this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@davillain- said:

@LJS9502_basic: Lawsuit won't go further cause there's nothing to support this.

Oh yeah I know. But I think these Representatives and Senators should be removed due to treason/sedition.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I'm glad Pence has actively opposed this lawsuit.

Pence has played it safe and refused to engage with Trump's lunacy over the past two months. It gives me some hope that the Republican party isn't totally corrupt.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaryia

Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood insists he is not insane after tweeting that Mike Pence should face execution by firing squad

Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood denies insanity after execute Pence tweet - Business Insider

wtf.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zaryia

Gohmert suggests ‘violence in the streets’ after judge rejects bid to force VP Pence to overturn Biden’s win (dallasnews.com)

Republicans and Conservatives must be so embarrassed right now.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@zaryia: They've already called for martial law. Now they're calling for direct violence. These 'blue line' folks sure love their law and order.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Lin's tweets:

1) "For two months we have focused on accusing the Democrats of attempting to steal the 20/20 election for Biden. We focused on the Presidential election. We focused on the obvious. Over time, we have learned that the Democrats were joined by CCP & other foreign countries.

Lin Wood@LLinWood(2) We have also learned that the Globalists like George Soros & the Elitists like Bill Gates were involved. CIA too (no surprise - military industrial complex). It all seemed so clear we overlooked one of the main participants in the theft of the election:

THE REPUBLICANS."

2) "These groups aspire to the goals of Communism. A ruling elite & an oppressed class of people who exist to serve those in power. When arrests for treason begin, put Chief Justice John Roberts, VP Mike Pence @VP@Mike_Pence, & Mitch McConnell @senatemajldr at top of list."

---------------------------

Great, now even the Republicans have joined the communists and tried to steal the election......(from themselves?) and Chief Justice Roberts is among enemy number one.

These people are just loons, they're so far down the rabbit hole of conspiracy that they've lost all grip on reality. How can you reason with people like this? It's amazing to watch how a conspiracy descends and consumes itself in paranoia, infighting, and the increasing levels of delusion. It would be funny if it weren't consuming the highest levels of our government and taken hold of tens of millions.

This is exactly why we should have never humored the entire fraud lie in the first place. It's dangerous to give people like this venue and legitimize their nonsense.