mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23047 Posts

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem said Tuesday she will use a donation from a Republican donor to fund a deployment of up to 50 South Dakota National Guard troops to the U.S. border with Mexico.

Johnson added that he would have preferred to stay anonymous but that Noem’s office told him they had to at least disclose his name. He declined to say how much he was giving.

I'm not aware of private funds being used to deploy military troops like this before. Has this been done in the past? The fact that it can be done at all doesn't fill me with confidence, and I'm hoping someone can explain to me why this isn't a problem.

Link

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Totally unacceptable for private individuals to pay for the services of our military. Pure political move by the governor but I hope voters don't fall for it. She should be removed.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I'm not aware of any precedent of this occurring in the past. Does this mean we can have private donors funding military deployments? She's treating our troops like mercenaries at the beckon of a bribe.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: They will fall for it. Biden should have them all arrested.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem said Tuesday she will use a donation from a Republican donor to fund a deployment of up to 50 South Dakota National Guard troops to the U.S. border with Mexico.

Johnson added that he would have preferred to stay anonymous but that Noem’s office told him they had to at least disclose his name. He declined to say how much he was giving.

I'm not aware of private funds being used to deploy military troops like this before. Has this been done in the past? The fact that it can be done at all doesn't fill me with confidence, and I'm hoping someone can explain to me why this isn't a problem.

Link

If the funds were donated to the state, then they were no longer private funds. South Dakota State used state funds to fund a National Guard deployment to the border because Texas' governor Greg Abbot and Arizona Governor Doug Doucey invoked the "Emergency Management Assistance Compact" on June 10th which allows states to share resources, including manpower. This is not someone paying the governor to deploy national guard, it is a governor responding to a request by other governors and the state used partially crowd sourced funds (fundraisers) to generate some of the revenue for it. Your article left a lot of key facts out so I'd be inclined to call it fake news.

@thenation said:

@LJS9502_basic: They will fall for it. Biden should have them all arrested.

Well I hate to break it to you, but there's jack shit Joe Bribem can do about states enforcing their own borders and other states sending aid in doing so.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl

@eoten: That seems to be a distinction without a difference.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

Our military is not mercenary company to be deployed for personal agendas FFS. I mean jesus christ, the gall of these people.

Need to read into this more, but on the surface it seems pretty terrible.

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

If the funds were donated to the state, then they were no longer private funds....

It sounds like they were donated to her? It said a "republican donor" and I'm not sure what the technicalities are but if they were donated to her, and not the state, then isn't that private money?

If not that's one helluva loophole that needs patching up.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The National Guard may have some federal obligations but they are a state by state arm of the military and act as a reserve federally and first response state side. They often are deployed based on crisis or natural disasters occurring within America.

With the federal government completely failing to protect the southern border it's now up to the states to use the resources they have to protect their citizens. Multiple states are sending their national guard to Texas to assist with the border crisis.

It's Americans helping Americans. I'm not sure why anyone would be against this.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

there's a few questions of legality here.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I'm not aware of any precedent of this occurring in the past. Does this mean we can have private donors funding military deployments? She's treating our troops like mercenaries at the beckon of a bribe.

imagine the ads running on newsmax or oan to get people to donate to the "stop the brownies!" fund.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Telekill

@comp_atkins: I guess you're completely unaware that a vast majority of conservatives aren't racist. Keep slurping up that propaganda kool-aid.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl

@Telekill: It doesn't matter that some Republicans aren't racist because the party systematically oppresses minorities.

The party apparatus itself is racist.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Telekill

@mattbbpl: I would wager that the Democrats have far more racists in their ranks than the Republicans but I never brought up Republicans. I stated Conservatives. Many conservatives no longer associate themselves with the Republicans.

That's a different thread though.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl

@Telekill: Comp didn't mention conservatives.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@comp_atkins: I guess you're completely unaware that a vast majority of conservatives aren't racist. Keep slurping up that propaganda kool-aid.

If you aren't racist then why would you support racist policies? That's a general you by the way. There's large percentages of the country that vote Republican.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Good question. Why do you support Critical Race Theory? It's severely racist.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Good question. Why do you support Critical Race Theory? It's severely racist.

See I talked in generalities and you respond with an attack that's based on a lie. You are fast becoming the most dishonest person here.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eoten

@mattbbpl said:

Well, don't let small details like facts stop you from your torches and pitchforks. To most people, it's a massive fucking difference to the narrative AP is trying to make, and clearly left out key details in order to make it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9412 Posts

that is greasy.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattbbpl

@eoten: Yeah, that left wing rag known as the AP.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Well, don't let small details like facts stop you from your torches and pitchforks. To most people, it's a massive fucking difference to the narrative AP is trying to make, and clearly left out key details in order to make it.

AP? You're against the AP?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Eoten
@comp_atkins said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

imagine the ads running on newsmax or oan to get people to donate to the "stop the brownies!" fund.

Is that what you're attempting to dumb it down to to make your position and opinion on the matter seem more valid? I guess when you lack a valid argument against border security, screaming racism is all you've got left. But you trying to erase distinction between a legal immigrant who works hard, follows our laws, and immigrates legally to someone who sneaks in the back door because they probably wouldn't pass a criminal background check or be able to find a legal job is in itself just as racist, if not more so than what you've accused those who oppose illegal immigration of. ;-).

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: You stated "you" which is an attack and you based it on assumptions. Just because you veiled the attack with "that's a general you", doesn't make it any less of an attack.

It's like when someone from the south states... "Bless your heart". We all know what you were implying and I responded in kind.

Back on topic though, I see nothing wrong with Americans helping protect Americans.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eoten
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Telekill said:

If you aren't racist then why would you support racist policies? That's a general you by the way. There's large percentages of the country that vote Republican.

What "racist policies" would those be?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You stated "you" which is an attack and you based it on assumptions. Just because you veiled the attack with "that's a general you", doesn't make it any less of an attack.

It's like when someone from the south states... "Bless your heart". We all know what you were implying and I responded in kind.

Back on topic though, I see nothing wrong with Americans helping protect Americans.

I suggest you read it next time rather than assume what I stated.

@LJS9502_basic said:

As they say a guilty conscious needs no accuser.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: You went with deflection huh? You know when it comes to racists these days, they're like farts. The "he who smelt it, dealt it" slogan of the fart is applied to racists as "the one shouting racist or pointing the finger is often the racist". Those of you on the left have overused the term significantly as a projection.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eoten

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You went with deflection huh? You know when it comes to racists these days, they're like farts. The "he who smelt it, dealt it" slogan of the fart is applied to racists as "the one shouting racist or pointing the finger is often the racist". Those of you on the left have overused the term significantly as a projection.

Modern psychology refers to that as "projection" when someone accuses someone else of exhibiting their own personal shortcomings. It's a mechanism to protect the ego because if those people can convince themselves that everyone else is just as bad as they are, then they're not so fucked up. It's why the left has this idea that everyone is inherently privileged and inherently racist. Doubly so if you do not admit that you are, like they do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

I didn't start the discussion. I was replying to the illogical stance you had earlier.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Sure Spock.

Comp had implied the racism with his remark and you went on a binge defense for him trying to paint me in a negative light when I simply replied that most conservatives aren't racist. It wasn't an illogical stance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Sure Spock.

Comp had implied the racism with his remark and you went on a binge defense for him trying to paint me in a negative light when I simply replied that most conservatives aren't racist. It wasn't an illogical stance.

Wrong. I asked a question that you refuse to answer. Which is telling. Congrats.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: How about you list the policies that are racist so we can ask debunk you. It's telling that you didn't bother listing these "racist" policies and instead keep pulling fabricated CNN talking points out of your rear.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Telekill said:

@mattbbpl: I would wager that the Democrats have far more racists in their ranks than the Republicans

Most hate groups are found in conservative districts.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattbbpl

@Telekill: We can start with those detailed in the mother******* Hofeller files.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: How about you list the policies that are racist so we can ask debunk you. It's telling that you didn't bother listing these "racist" policies and instead keep pulling fabricated CNN talking points out of your rear.

Voting laws and they admitted it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Telekill

@zaryia: You mean how the left goes to conservatives and screams them down because we don't agree with their insane ever changing ideology? Yeah. We see it regularly.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattbbpl

@Telekill said:

@zaryia: You mean how the left goes to conservatives and screams them down because we don't agree with their insane ever changing ideology? Yeah. We see it regularly.

I think he's talking more along these lines. Or perhaps these:

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Telekill

@mattbbpl: Ah, you mean mostly peaceful protests like...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattbbpl

@Telekill: I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about hate groups. You still haven't named any.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Telekill

@mattbbpl: We both know I did.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

You didn't refute my claim.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

not wrong there zaryia

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Telekill

@zaryia: You didn't refute mine either. We can both play that game.

This merry-go-round is getting old.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

@zaryia: You didn't refute mine either.

So you agree most hate groups are found in conservative counties?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Telekill

@zaryia: Your ridiculousness is exhausting.

No. Most hate groups are not conservative. Why do you think my world view would come anywhere close to yours given past discussions on here? I view most hate groups as being squarely on the left; especially these days.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

I haven't stated anything ridiculous. What's with the ad-homs.

@Telekill said:

No. Most hate groups are not conservative.

Link?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

No. Most hate groups are not conservative. Why do you think my world view would come anywhere close to yours given past discussions on here? I view most hate groups as being squarely on the left; especially these days.

Link?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Telekill

Where's your guy's credible links proving the modern left isn't an insane authoritarian group that thrives on hate and division? There's no links that are credible with absolute proof that either side is what we believe it is.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zaryia
@Telekill said:

Where's your guy's credible links proving the modern left isn't an insane authoritarian group that thrives on hate and division? There's no links that are credible with absolute proof that either side is what we believe it is.

This is a troll account lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

I did not make any such statement. I'm asking for YOU to back up the statements YOU made.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: I know how this goes. There's no source you would accept. I called it on one of the other threads when I appeased you guys with various links from different sources knowing exactly what would happen and you guys proved me right. I won't bother trying to appease you guys again.